Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Who wins? Mace Windu vs Darth maul? (16 votes)

Mace Windu (GOOD) 75%
Darth Mual (EVIL) 13%

Who wins these are the rules:

Guess, Gandalf, Darth Vader? read the story and see who wins?

post if your a big sore loser or a awsome winner?????

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

In space on his ship Mace Windu got a holographical call from Yoda "Darth Maul is attacking Hoth whith his double sided lightsaber and attacking the village. You must find him and destroy him before he creates more havock!" So Mace drove his ship towards Hoth, Hoth was a cold heart frozen derelict planet. He soon found Mual hiding in a cave and went in alone, Mual said "I've been excpecting you Mace!"

He took out his lightsaber and struck mace but he reversed it whith a struck by his lightsaber Maul soon kicked Mace whith his CYBORG LEGS! CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mace windu's skull cracked and he was knocked to the ground weak. He screamed but no one could here him as the wind would just take it away. Mual laughed evil so evil that Mace started to sweat, Darth Mual lifted his lightsaber in the air and struck zwoom!

As Mual lifted his lightsaber Mace thought "put a mine behind me I move and Mual explodes the mine and feels my pain" So he did that.....

KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mual was lifted in the air by the mighty explosion and the whole cave wall fell on him. The wind hurled in and mace felt the coldness reaching his cracked skull, frostbite grew on his face and Mace was in agony. Mual already dead and Mace in pain, his ship lost in the snowstorm. There was no escape so he lied down in agony waiting until he was dead........

#1 Posted by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read enough Star Wars comics to make an educated decision on this, but assuming the films are in canon with the comics I'll give my two cents.

Maul defeated Qui Gon Jinn who was an established Jedi master. He beat him in single combat and held off both him and Obi-Wan for a while. He then basically had Obi-Wan on the brink of defeat. Obi-Wan was an apprentice at this point but it was still impressive altogether.

Mace Windu didn't get a lot of screen time but he did have Palpatine on the brink of defeat. He held back his force lightning and overpowered him. If Anakin hadn't intervened Mace would have killed the most powerful Sith in existence. Also, Yoda only managed to stalemate Palpatine, so that's a showcase of how good Mace's lightsaber skills are. He also killed Jango (or Boba can't remember who is who) which is an impressive feat seeing as he was a mandalorian, and a damn good one at that. It's hard to tell but I'm going to give it to Mace Windu based on feats, although I see it being a good fight.

#2 Posted by tparks (4872 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read enough Star Wars comics to make an educated decision on this, but assuming the films are in canon with the comics I'll give my two cents.

Maul defeated Qui Gon Jinn who was an established Jedi master. He beat him in single combat and held off both him and Obi-Wan for a while. He then basically had Obi-Wan on the brink of defeat. Obi-Wan was an apprentice at this point but it was still impressive altogether.

Mace Windu didn't get a lot of screen time but he did have Palpatine on the brink of defeat. He held back his force lightning and overpowered him. If Anakin hadn't intervened Mace would have killed the most powerful Sith in existence. Also, Yoda only managed to stalemate Palpatine, so that's a showcase of how good Mace's lightsaber skills are. He also killed Jango (or Boba can't remember who is who) which is an impressive feat seeing as he was a mandalorian, and a damn good one at that. It's hard to tell but I'm going to give it to Mace Windu based on feats, although I see it being a good fight.

Palpatine allowed himself to look defeated. That was part of his plan to force Anakin to become his apprentice. That was Palpatine's cunning, not lack of skill.

Darth Maul was trained to be an assassin and an assassin alone. The training of other assets besides combat that most Sith receive were skipped with him so combat would be his complete focus. He started his Sith combat training as a young boy. He was a master of combat that would rival almost all force users. There was never an intention for him to rule with Palpatine because that would break the rule of 2. He was designed only for killing jedi and other opposition of the Sith, and I think he would have no problem taking out Mace Windu.

#3 Posted by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Hmm I see your point there. No wonder he was so capable against Qui Gon and Obi-Wan. Yeah, safe to say you've convinced me lol. Thanks for the info. Wish I had the space on my comics list to properly read some Star Wars.

#4 Posted by tparks (4872 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Hmm I see your point there. No wonder he was so capable against Qui Gon and Obi-Wan. Yeah, safe to say you've convinced me lol. Thanks for the info. Wish I had the space on my comics list to properly read some Star Wars.

I actually haven't read many of the comics. I read a graphic novel that I didn't really care for. I have read a ton of the novels though and most of them are from pretty good writers. It's a shame Darth Maul didn't get more screen time after you learn his back story.

#5 Posted by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@i_like_swords said:

I actually haven't read many of the comics. I read a graphic novel that I didn't really care for. I have read a ton of the novels though and most of them are from pretty good writers. It's a shame Darth Maul didn't get more screen time after you learn his back story.

I can never finish books but Star Wars could be an exception. Yeah it would have been good to see Maul speaking more and maybe they could have thrown in his origin story a little. Palpatine could have been talking to someone about Maul telling them about his training, so we'd all know what kind of Sith the Jedi were fighting. Ah well, he's cool nonetheless.

#6 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24064 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace Windu takes the majority.

#7 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace should take the majority here.

Maul held off Qui Gon, who was past his prime in TPM, and Obi Wan, still a Padawan and not nearly as good as he was later on in his career. Once Maul isolated Qui Gon, it didn't take him very long to dispatch him. Although I chalk Qui-Gon's death up to more of Qui-Gon being past his prime, dealing with fatigue, and fighting an opponent with an unfamiliar weapon more than Maul being a better duelist.

Mace is in his prime during the prequel trilogy, and wields a far more effective technique of lightsaber combat for fighting Sith/Dark Side Force Users than Qui-Gon does.

I would say in terms of sheer combat prowess

Mace >= Maul.

I see Mace as being the slightly better duelist when compared to Maul. Defending himself against a semi-serious Palpatine is a major feat in his favor. Along with being able to duel a presumably younger Dooku to a practical stalemate, his fights against Grievous and others in The Clone Wars, he have a better idea of his skill than we do of Maul's.

But, in terms of Force Ability

Mace >>>>>> Maul.

We have feats of Mace holding up a hillside with TK while actively trying to free people from a steamcrawler in Shatterpoint. That feat alone gives him a massive edge in Force Power over Maul, who was trained to be an assassin, and not properly schooled in the other aspects of the Dark Side by Palpatine.

That, combined with Mace's unique ability to perceive and manipulate Shatterpoints in situations/ people, gives him the win here.

#8 Posted by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56: And now I'm thinking Mace again... this is a close match.

#9 Posted by thebatman98 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace Windu wins because he beat Palpatine in Episode 3(until Anakin showed up) and Palpatine is Darth Maul's master so......yea.

#10 Edited by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao.... sorry im chamging my post i saw you wrote darth maul but the whole time i was think darth BANE my bad.

so Palpatine wins lol

#11 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace Windu wins because he beat Palpatine in Episode 3(until Anakin showed up) and Palpatine is Darth Maul's master so......yea.

Palpatine threw that fight on purpose in order to cement Anakin's defection to the Sith. Think about it.....

Somehow, Palpatine is able to kill Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, and Kit Fisto in the span of a few seconds, with Agen and Tiin going down so fast that Kit and Mace couldn't do a single thing to prevent it from happening.

A few seconds after that, Kit goes down. The Jedi were on their guard, so it wasn't a sneak attack by Palpatine.

Palpatine was simply so fast that he was able to close the distance from across the Chancellor's Office and kill two extremely accomplished Jedi Masters and duelists before Mace and Kit could raise a hand to stop him.

And somehow, Mace is able to overpower Palpatine in a 1v1 confrontation?

No, just no. Palpatine NEEDED to appear helpless and weak before Anakin in order to legitimize the claims he made about the Jedi Order and strengthen Anakin's resolve to do what needed to be done to save Padme from his premonition of her death.

Palpatine was never in real danger from Mace. Palpatine is out of Mace's league.