• 112 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio

No Avatars are allowed. Who is the most powerful firebender?

#2 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh.

#3 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
"Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh. "

Hmmm......how about Fire Lord Sozin, the one that started the war, and the first Fire Lord to use the power of the comet?
#4 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio
@JThree47693 said:
"@Kastiel said:
"Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh. "
Hmmm......how about Fire Lord Sozin, the one that started the war, and the first Fire Lord to use the power of the comet? "

I don't know the only reason he would be considered one of the best is because he was the first known firebender to use the comet. I would like to say Azulon, but I don't know what he could do.
#5 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing constuctive to add, but I liked Avatar.

#6 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
"@JThree47693 said:
"@Kastiel said:
"Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh. "
Hmmm......how about Fire Lord Sozin, the one that started the war, and the first Fire Lord to use the power of the comet? "
I don't know the only reason he would be considered one of the best is because he was the first known firebender to use the comet. I would like to say Azulon, but I don't know what he could do. "

Yea we didnt see enough of Azulon to know what he can do. Iroh is pretty powerful himself, having been deemed worthy by the last remaining dragons. And he was the first to bend lightening, having created the technique himself. Would you say that he is the strongest?
#7 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

fire lord ozai for a fact to bad he became powerless in the end his brother i tink was equally powerful as well except for his you know his build

#8 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio
@JThree47693 said:
"@Kastiel said:
"@JThree47693 said:
"@Kastiel said:
"Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh. "
Hmmm......how about Fire Lord Sozin, the one that started the war, and the first Fire Lord to use the power of the comet? "
I don't know the only reason he would be considered one of the best is because he was the first known firebender to use the comet. I would like to say Azulon, but I don't know what he could do. "
Yea we didnt see enough of Azulon to know what he can do. Iroh is pretty powerful himself, having been deemed worthy by the last remaining dragons. And he was the first to bend lightening, having created the technique himself. Would you say that he is the strongest? "

Yeah, I will stick with Iroh.
#9 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omg chris said:

"fire lord ozai for a fact to bad he became powerless in the end his brother i tink was equally powerful as well except for his you know his build "


 

Iroh became buff in the end. Even when he was out of shape, he showed his power.
#10 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Iroh. He was the only firebender besides Azula that did really innovative things with firebending while not powered by the comet, and he was definitely more than a match for Azula. Iroh understood firebending in ways that no one else did. His studying of the other benders is a great demonstration of this. It allowed him to be the first person to redirect lightning. Also as mentioned, he was deemed worthy of other secrets by the last dragons.

#11 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Iroh and Sozin and Zuko a bit behind but improving

#12 Posted by sugarfree (42 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
" @JThree47693 said:
"@Kastiel said:
"Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh. "
Hmmm......how about Fire Lord Sozin, the one that started the war, and the first Fire Lord to use the power of the comet? "
I don't know the only reason he would be considered one of the best is because he was the first known firebender to use the comet. I would like to say Azulon, but I don't know what he could do. "

Any firebender is strong if that certain comet arrives, so that criteria is really out of the window.  It's like saying that Waterbender A is the most powerful waterbender because he can harness the strength of the full moon.

I think Iroh is most powerful.  Why?  Because while Ozai was scaringly powerful, Iroh has hidden advantage.  His emotions are in check and his knowledge is vast and completely underrated.  Ozai is like Azula.  POwerful in a sense, yes, but not as powerful as they think they are.  Anyone who is more aware and has self-control always is the most powerful.  And that is Iroh my friend.

#13 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the dragons were the most powerful benders. If you are thinking of just pure and raw power, wouldn't Combustion Man be pretty high up there? Iroh is also high up but one thing I noticed about Ozai is that he was shown shooting two bolts of electricity and when he was shown using electricity his lightning was white instead of blue. I don't know if that means power or not but I felt like it was important.

#14 Posted by Simon Williams (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

It is the Dragons who are the most Powerful firebenders.

#15 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Simon Williams said:
"It is the Dragons who are the most Powerful firebenders. "

I dont think they are seeing as firebenders made a sport out of killing them.
#16 Posted by StormAmazonPhoenix (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang
#17 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio
@StormAmazonPhoenix said:
"Aang "

Thats funny
#18 Posted by StormAmazonPhoenix (937 posts) - - Show Bio
@JThree47693 said:
"@StormAmazonPhoenix said:
"Aang "
Thats funny "

Its either Jong-Jong, Iroh, or Zuko.
#19 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio
@StormAmazonPhoenix:
Iroh
#20 Posted by Ellocobruja (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Iroh has the skill but Azula is a vicious young lady with slightly less skills.  
Then again it could have been Zuko in the end. 
 

 
#21 Posted by wcx28 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

iroh...
1. he is very wise
2. he studied the other nations and created his own techniques(ex. redirect lightning)
3. he is a member of White Lotus(only the greatest benders are in it)
4.  he was respected by the dragons
5. i dont remember which episode, but in one of the last episodes, a fire nation warrior said, "he busted himself out
, i never seen anything like it, he was like a one man army."  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntbEjNyzVM8 
 
and anyway, iroh couldve easily killd the fire lord, he didnt because he knew the avatar had to do it to end the war peacefully.

#22 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio
@wcx28 said:
"iroh... 1. he is very wise 2. he studied the other nations and created his own techniques(ex. redirect lightning) 3. he is a member of White Lotus(only the greatest benders are in it)4.  he was respected by the dragons 5. i dont remember which episode, but in one of the last episodes, a fire nation warrior said, "he busted himself out, i never seen anything like it, he was like a one man army."   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntbEjNyzVM8   and anyway, iroh couldve easily killd the fire lord, he didnt because he knew the avatar had to do it to end the war peacefully. "

Yea, Iroh was beastly in the Avatar series.
#23 Posted by Azulara (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like everyone is forgetting Azula. Sure she went a little crazy at the end but she was the only firebender with blue flames and one of two that we saw that could make lightning. also she is extremely vicious and the fact that she is unhinged makes her a slightly greater threat in my opinion.

#24 Posted by Skyfire (639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azulara said:

I feel like everyone is forgetting Azula. Sure she went a little crazy at the end but she was the only firebender with blue flames and one of two that we saw that could make lightning. also she is extremely vicious and the fact that she is unhinged makes her a slightly greater threat in my opinion.

3 firebenders created lighting in TLAB, Ozai, Azula and Iroh.

#25 Posted by AtPhantom (14487 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula quite obviously has nothing on her father or uncle.

#26 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparky Sparky Boom Man

#27 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Iroh>everyone

#28 Posted by Agent9149 (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai

Iroh

Azula

Zuko

#29 Posted by Phylos (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Have we forgotten ?

Jeong Jeong

I believe he deserves an honorable mention.

#30 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4365 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang

wait

OH

ZUko right?

(+)

#31 Posted by bluepride1234 (328 posts) - - Show Bio

The unknown fire avatar. In the anime, he was seen to bend lava from 4 volcanoes, at zee same time.

#32 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2404 posts) - - Show Bio

Iroh.

I.A.T.

#33 Posted by HolySerpent (12340 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai

#34 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluepride1234 said:

The unknown fire avatar. In the anime, he was seen to bend lava from 4 volcanoes, at zee same time.

no avatars

#35 Posted by bluepride1234 (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@bluepride1234 said:

The unknown fire avatar. In the anime, he was seen to bend lava from 4 volcanoes, at zee same time.

no avatars

T.T read it wrong lol.

I don't know than who would be the strongest firebender, but i know the coolest one was the dude that shot stuff from his forehead.

#36 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluepride1234: Wrong again Iroh is the strongest..... and the coolest

#37 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2444 posts) - - Show Bio

When he was pumped up by Sozin's comet, he managed to create a blast that one-shotted the wall of Ba Sing Se. 
 
I'd back him for being the most powerful firebender.

#38 Posted by Aero_gt (838 posts) - - Show Bio

Iroh or Ozai followed by Azula or Zuko. Didn't see enough of their ancestors or fong fong.

#39 Posted by bluepride1234 (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@bluepride1234: Wrong again Iroh is the strongest..... and the coolest

How could i be wrong on who is the coolest? Coolest = opinionated.

#40 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluepride1234: its a joke

#41 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kastiel said:

Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh.

This, although I haven't watched the new series, I'm strictly talking the original.

#42 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Iroh or Ozai. I'll go with Ozai simply based off of his last fight with Aang in the series finale. While Iroh did invent lightning redirection that doesn't necessarily mean he's the strongest. He is the most innovative however.

#43 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Iroh

#44 Posted by The_Obsidian_Emperor (93 posts) - - Show Bio

OOPS Goofs xD need to learn to listen to OPs.

#45 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9038 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Iroh was the most powerful.

#46 Posted by The Stegman (20871 posts) - - Show Bio

Going by feats alone, Ozai was more powerful than Iroh.

#47 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai then Iroh then Azula. Although Assuming Azula had stayed sane, I think its pretty clear she would have topped them both given or decade or two.

#48 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9038 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Going by feats alone, Ozai was more powerful than Iroh.

Hmmmm...what feat or show of power did Ozai do that was greater? Outside of what he did during Sozin's comet, when all of the firebenders were nightmares on the battlefield, I don't recall a showing for Ozai that suggessted he was more powerful (or as skilled).

#49 Posted by Lunacyde (17387 posts) - - Show Bio

By all onscreen accounts Firelord Ozai is the most powerful known Firebender.

#50 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kastiel said:

Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh.

@JThree47693 said:

@Kastiel said:
"Fire Lord Ozai or General Iroh. "
Hmmm......how about Fire Lord Sozin, the one that started the war, and the first Fire Lord to use the power of the comet?