#1 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

On a beach, who's the most powerful character (In DC) that Arthur could defeat?

Round 1: Morals off, no bfr

Round 2: Morals on, no bfr

I mean like: Wonder Woman? Superman? Flash? Green Lantern Hal? Guy? Martian Manhunter? Etc... Who could he defeat?

#2 Posted by BlackWind (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

That one guy.

#3 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

That one guy.

Clever..

Bump come on people. Pick any random forum and like 90% of posters with 100 posts or less are talking about feats that I've never heard of (not saying they do or don't exist), so I'm asking ANYONE to help me out here and give me some names.

#4 Posted by jashro44 (29791 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@supermanwithatan01: if you want feats new 52 aquaman has a respect thread on this site.

I don't. I've seen his strength and some durability feats but I'm talking, battling. Someone he's got the skills to defeat. A gauging level. I read through the Superman vs Aquaman new 52 and everyone said Aquaman loses and practically spite, but from what I've seen, he's got insane telepathy, he's pretty fast, pretty durable and strong enough to throw and oceanliner like a ragdoll without breaking a sweat. In battle, I'd like to know his peers. Superman, Wonder Woman, A Green Lantern maybe? Barry? Hell Batman? someone Tier it for me. New 52 way.

#6 Posted by jashro44 (29791 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: it's hard to put aquaman into a tier. I would say he is a mid tier. Probably around the level of the thing IMO.

#7 Posted by XImpossibruX (5535 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke, hopefully.

#8 Posted by homicidalmaniac (9554 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man?

#9 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@supermanwithatan01: it's hard to put aquaman into a tier. I would say he is a mid tier. Probably around the level of the thing IMO.

Weakling.. I'm unimpressed. Lol I was hoping for something like, Martian Manhunter without the phasing.

#10 Posted by comicfan11 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is low level top tier (at least) in the New 52.

He has some of the best all around strength and durability feats around and a e very damaging weapon.

He could give a fight to characters like Wonder Woman or Frankenstein on land (whose pretty uber in the New 52) but I don't know about a majority.

Underwater he should be able to take anyone not named Superman, GL or Martian Manhunter (heroes based on earth).

#11 Posted by BigCimmerian (10076 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred Pennyworth, even then it's debatable.

#12 Posted by RetconCrisis (4674 posts) - - Show Bio

He can beat anyone lower than New 52 Wonder Woman. And this:

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (27420 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by BlackWind (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: Are you implying Alfred isn't Living Tribunal level, at the very least? For shame.

#15 Posted by homicidalmaniac (9554 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is low level top tier (at least) in the New 52.

He has some of the best all around strength and durability feats around and a e very damaging weapon.

He could give a fight to characters like Wonder Woman or Frankenstein on land (whose pretty uber in the New 52) but I don't know about a majority.

Underwater he should be able to take anyone not named Superman, GL or Martian Manhunter (heroes based on earth).

So Clark still has better strength, durability etc feats?

#17 Edited by comicfan11 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Technically I'm not sure Superman has any underwater feats at all in the New 52 (I don't follow all his appearances). I don't know if Superman had any stories set underwater so far.

But his overall strength and durability in general are probably the best on DC Earth overall.

Speed should be close either way. Even pre New 52 Aquaman had mentioned in Justice League issue 87 he was faster than Clark underwater, but I'm not sure a direct comparison happened (although in the last Super Friends comic around 2009 Aquaman beat a Daxamite in a swimming race)

#18 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Technically I'm not sure Superman has any underwater feats at all in the New 52 (I don't follow all his appearances). I don't know if Superman had any stories set underwater so far.

But his overall strength and durability in general are probably the best on DC Earth overall.

Speed should be close either way. Even pre New 52 Aquaman had mentioned in Justice League issue 87 he was faster than Clark underwater, but I'm not sure a direct comparison happened (although in the last Super Friends comic around 2009 Aquaman beat a Daxamite in a swimming race)

But doesn't Arthur have telepathy? Utilizing his speed and underwater durability, couldn't he down Clark telepathically? I have no clue whats up with new superman

#19 Posted by comicfan11 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: He has no offensive telepathy feats so far in the New 52 (apart from a brief mental attack on the leader of the Trench) and Superman could take down everything AQ summons (apart from Topo who might be able to present some challenge from a brief moment).

The only way AQ could take Clark would be to distract him with summons and attack with the Trident at superspeed (which is magic and would hurt Supes). But Supes also has heat vision and freeze breath.

Aquaman could win but Superman could also.

I was talking about AQ taking a definite majority against the other characters underwater.

#20 Posted by AllStarSuperman (27420 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: He has no offensive telepathy feats so far in the New 52 (apart from a brief mental attack on the leader of the Trench) and Superman could take down everything AQ summons (apart from Topo who might be able to present some challenge from a brief moment).

The only way AQ could take Clark would be to distract him with summons and attack with the Trident at superspeed (which is magic and would hurt Supes). But Supes also has heat vision and freeze breath.

Aquaman could win but Superman could also.

I was talking about AQ taking a definite majority against the other characters underwater.

I know I was just curios of whether Aquamans telepathy extends beyond sealife. Thanks for your answer man.

#22 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

The only feat that Superman had underwater is lifting a nuclear submarine.

#23 Posted by comicfan11 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: No problem man

So far he has affected a lizard when he was stranded in the desert, the Trench leader and the Dead King/Ice King of Atlantis, so he is far from his pre 52 levels.

@matchesmalone21: Yeah that's what I'm talking about. No one doubts Supes can lift more than that underwater, it's just he lacks feats so far because it's only 23 issues so far.

#24 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: As aquaman can lift the same things that he lifts underwater on land,right?

#25 Posted by MonsterStomp (24661 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke, hopefully.

I'm pretty sure Aquaman can beat stronger people than Deathstroke.

#26 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: As aquaman can lift the same things that he lifts underwater on land,right?

Wouldn't lifting something in water be easier?

#27 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Nope. Because the fully hydrated rules is outdated,his levels of strength doesn't chance in or out of water.

#28 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Nope. Because the fully hydrated rules is outdated,his levels of strength doesn't chance in or out of water.

Could Arthur pull the majority against Clark?

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Not a chance. Arthur himself stated in Throne of Atlantis that Clark is the most powerful being on the planet. Obviously that's just his opinion but he clearly acknowledges that Clark is his superior.

#30 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Not a chance. Arthur himself stated in Throne of Atlantis that Clark is the most powerful being on the planet. Obviously that's just his opinion but he clearly acknowledges that Clark is his superior.

Thanks for the clarification, so where would you place Arthur? I mean like... reference wise..

#31 Edited by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the clarification, so where would you place Arthur? I mean like... reference wise..

Arthur's had generally impressive strength feats with lifting a cruise liner with little effort, decking Superman and Wonder Woman, albeit while they had no intention of really hurting him and tossing massive cliff sized boulders under water against the creatures from the Trench.

With that said, I wouldn't rank him in Clark, Diana or J'onn's strength range, but just a level under.

#32 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur's had generally impressive strength feats with lifting a cruise liner with little effort, decking Superman and Wonder Woman, albeit while they had no intention of really hurting him and tossing massive cliff sized boulders under water against the creatures from the Trench.

With that said, I wouldn't rank him in Clark, Diana or J'onn's strength range, but just a level under.

Okay!!! Not to completely change the subject or waste your time, but one last question. When Barry arrived to save Batman and Hal from Superman kicking their butt, Barry got flicked by Superman and blah blah I know you know. But Do you think Barry could take Superman (in a comic fight), if they were both serious. I doubt DC would be very conclusive but your thoughts??

Thanks for the posts btw man.

#33 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

He could take Hawkman and anyone lower than that. but GL, MMH, Flash, Superman and Wonder Woman could probably take him

#34 Posted by comicfan11 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Yeap.

@supermanwithatan01: macthesmalone21 answered before I could. Aquaman doesn't get weaker when on land. Also depending on the depth, things can be easier or more difficult to lift underwater due to water displacement and pressure.

Also it must be noted that Aquaman was also not trying to hurt anyone in Throne of Atlantis.

#35 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Yeap.

@supermanwithatan01: macthesmalone21 answered before I could. Aquaman doesn't get weaker when on land. Also depending on the depth, things can be easier or more difficult to lift underwater due to water displacement and pressure.

Also it must be noted that Aquaman was also not trying to hurt anyone in Throne of Atlantis.

Thanks for the info man. You've been very helpful.

#36 Edited by comicfan11 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay!!! Not to completely change the subject or waste your time, but one last question. When Barry arrived to save Batman and Hal from Superman kicking their butt, Barry got flicked by Superman and blah blah I know you know. But Do you think Barry could take Superman (in a comic fight), if they were both serious. I doubt DC would be very conclusive but your thoughts??

Waste my time? Never!

Honestly considering the New 52, we have barely even seen the extent of Barry's powers. If he was serious, Clark would never be able to land a hit on him that's for sure, as for hurting him? I guess he could toss him into the speed force and pummel him there considering that is where he's the most powerful but it's unlikely he'd resort to that.

#38 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

Waste my time? Never!

Honestly considering the New 52, we have barely even seen the extent of Barry's powers. If he was serious, Clark would never be able to land a hit on him that's for sure, as for hurting him? I guess he could toss him into the speed force and pummel him there considering that is where he's the most powerful but it's unlikely he'd resort to that.

Very interesting. Thanks man!

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio