• 85 results
#1 Edited by Xo10 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Whos smarterout of the two bruces?

#2 Edited by Koza101 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Bruce Banner, given he is a Scientist and works on nuclear stuff... Bruce Wayne, Maybe supposedly the worlds greatest detective, but then again he has to use gadget's to help give him the answer.

#3 Posted by Banegeist (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Banna

#4 Posted by Jokerpoker (2963 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner

#5 Posted by WiZManWeBb (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Wayne becuz he was smart enough become rich billionaire in which a lot of women see him attractive,and he was smart enough not to become an ugly green hulking maniac that's constantly being chased by the military,hated by the father of the girl of his dreams,and continually locked in some for others protection.Also a lot of people view him as a pathetic wimp when he's not hulk(but I gotta say hulk is pretty awsome sometimes)

#6 Posted by pandataur (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Although the question is very vague, I would have to say overall that Bruce Wayne is "smarter". Bruce Banner has a very specialized intellect focused on the area of nuclear physics. This is a testament to his well-above-average intelligence and brain capacity, but not much to his adversity. Bruce Wayne is not only a world-class detective, he is talented in the fields of: engineering, applied sciences, weaponry, multiple martial arts and other hand to hand combats, and many other specialized skills he has picked up in his travels. Bruce Wayne has an unwavering memory of everything he has learned all while keeping up peak physical condition. Bruce Banner is a smart man and a talented scientist, but in a battle of wits with the batman, he just doesn't match up.

#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner is Smarter. While Wayne excels in certain skills he could never accomplish what Banner has

#8 Edited by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

Wayne becuz he was smart enough become rich billionaire in which a lot of women see him attractive,and he was smart enough not to become an ugly green hulking maniac that's constantly being chased by the military,hated by the father of the girl of his dreams,and continually locked in some for others protection.Also a lot of people view him as a pathetic wimp when he's not hulk(but I gotta say hulk is pretty awsome sometimes)

Wayne was born in to his billions. Also Wayne turns away from love while Banner seeks it. Banner has proven he is a force to be reckoned with even when he doesnt or is unable to transform into the Hulk

#9 Posted by pandataur (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf If Bruce Wayne put nuclear physics to his mind, I have no doubt that he would be able to master it over time. Saying Banner is smarter just because he knows more about a specific science than Wayne isn't a viable argument. I think that Bruce Wayne's capacity to learn, retain, and think quickly out match Banners.

#10 Posted by Omnicrono (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

Although the question is very vague, I would have to say overall that Bruce Wayne is "smarter". Bruce Banner has a very specialized intellect focused on the area of nuclear physics. This is a testament to his well-above-average intelligence and brain capacity, but not much to his adversity. Bruce Wayne is not only a world-class detective, he is talented in the fields of: engineering, applied sciences, weaponry, multiple martial arts and other hand to hand combats, and many other specialized skills he has picked up in his travels. Bruce Wayne has an unwavering memory of everything he has learned all while keeping up peak physical condition. Bruce Banner is a smart man and a talented scientist, but in a battle of wits with the batman, he just doesn't match up.

This.

#11 Posted by Zalewski14 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

That depends they are both masters in different subjects.

#12 Posted by pandataur (33 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by XxEdward_KenwayXx (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@pandataur: your absolutely right. Wayne can basically learn anything in a short amount if time, he's extremely focused and is in well condition to learn and master anything. Banner is smarter in nuclear physics but Wayne is smarter in engineering, applied sciences, weaponry, battle planning, and the dude learned and mastered 127 different martial arts.

#14 Posted by pandataur (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxedward_kenwayxx Thank you, I feel like Wayne's learning and retaining capabilities are much greater than Banner's.

#15 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Banner.

#16 Posted by AdamAnouer (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner because he makes the best use of what he has available in his universe without the added benefit of DC's cheat code science. And by that I mean Wayne has the stupid ability to adapt other worldly science and that should be far beyond him or any human to adapt to, not that Marvel doesn't do the same but they don't do it on such a grand scale. Banner wins.

#17 Posted by Jslayer11 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Wayne is. He is knowledgeable about a lot of things where Banner is knowledgeable but a selected few things. But still having either ones intellect would be amazing

#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (42289 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner.

#19 Posted by myrongains (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Bruce Banner is smarter

Batman is above average intelligence. He is below tony stark, reed richards and peter parker

#20 Posted by Cloakx14 (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce wayne.

#21 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to agree with everyone else Banner is the one Smarter.

#22 Posted by Erkan12 (2728 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by hylian (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner is smarter. Wayne is a better fighter.

#25 Posted by Mediocregeist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner, Batman was never the extreme scientist.

#26 Edited by pandataur (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrongains I will agree with you that Bruce Wayne does not match the intelligence of Stark or Richards, but to say Peter Parker is smarter is actually funny. And as for Banner, I think that my argument above can persuade you that Wayne is smarter in the conventional sense of the word.

#27 Posted by bflynn316 (685 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrongains I will agree with you that Bruce Wayne does not match the intelligence of Stark or Richards, but to say Peter Parker is smarter is actually funny. And as for Banner, I think that my argument above can persuade you that Wayne is smarter in the conventional sense of the word.

Yeah panda is right, Parker can't touch The Bat's intellect. I'd say Stark isn't as smart either if we are looking at it from a broad spectrum. He's a better engineer but that's about it. Batman is much more versatile between being a great detective, strategist, scientist, etc. Intelligence doesn't just mean math you know.

As for the question, I'd say the same idea as what I said above. Banner knows a sh!t ton about science, especially radiation, but not nearly as much on literature, combat strategies, ancient martial arts, and just random trivia Bruce can pull out of his @ss. I don't see Banner (minus the hulk) lasting a day in Bruce's world, but I'd bet Batman could do quite well in Banner's. Wayne's intelligence is just broader.

#28 Posted by ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2 (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

Parker made webshooters during his teens which is better gear than batman has ever made by humself

#29 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1492 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by 1154802 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

what you know about that batman boyyy

#31 Posted by CommanderOmega (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Wayne. Cause his technology kicks butt.

#32 Posted by Sir_Redhood (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Parker made webshooters during his teens which is better gear than batman has ever made by humself

Lol!! No. Take a look at New 52 Court of Owls. Batman made a massive suit that was able to take down more than 20 undead assassins. One of them, was able to almost kill Bruce on three separate occasions. ONE OF THEM. Also, he was able to build another metal suit when he was more than 80 years old, to defeat Superman, in the Dark Knight Returns. Other Gadgets Include:

Grapple Hook, Explosive Gel, Sonic Disrupter, Firearms Jammer, Electric Batarang, Explosive Batarang, Remote Control Batarang, Retractable Claws, Gliding Cape, Camo mode on some of his more future suits (such as Batman Beyond), Cryptographic Sequencer, etc.

These are only SOME of the gadgets...The list gets quite extensive. So tell me again, how is some stupid web shooter better than ANY of those gadgets.

AND, how is an expert on gamma radiation supposed to stomp that? All Banner knows is gamma radiation, and to turn green and beat the living crap out of anyone around him when he gets pissed.

End Result: Bruce Wayne has the mind of a Genius. Bruce Banner has the mind of Hulk (as said in one of the comics, "There is no reasoning with him! He is a mass of brawn, and no brain!"

#33 Edited by Sir_Redhood (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrongains:

Doctor Bruce Banner is smarter

Batman is above average intelligence. He is below tony stark, reed richards and peter parker

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Peter Parker?! HAHAHAHAHA! Dude, the best Parker could do was missing classes in college, be an ugly crier in the movies, and get surpassed in intellect by Gwen Stacy. So you're basically saying that Gwen Stacy is smarter than Bruce Wayne... Might want to rethink that one pal.

As for Reed Richards... I am the biggest batman fan there is, but Reed Richards surpasses Bruce in intellect.

Tony... I'm not gonna debate that, because I'm gonna get hate from both sides of the argument. My personal belief is that they are of equal intellectual qualities, though.

#34 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

Genetics Banner and tactics Wayne

#35 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner basically shut down all waterborne diseases Bruce wayne isnt close to accomplishing that

#36 Edited by koshi_waza88 (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Intellect is divided into various forms, a chemistry, psychology, biology, physics, strategy.... there difference too much to have a way for them to compete against one another in anything that could be considered fair each is smart in there given field all you could really measure is what they do with those smarts and can they apply it to help themselves or others

#37 Posted by TheOwlCaptain (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne. He's invented pretty cool gadgets and plus he isn't called the world's greatest detective for nothing.

#38 Posted by Xo10 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

damn this page getting traction

#39 Posted by DarthAznable (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

Batstomp.

#40 Posted by patrat18 (9769 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce.

#41 Posted by darkhunter89 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce. The guy has nearly Superhuman Intelligence.

#42 Edited by Jmarshmallow (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

Wayne is overall "smarter" I guess.

He is a genius in pretty much ever type of intelligence. Whereas Banner is solely a genius in like the science-y aspect, dealing with genetics, biology, chemistry, stuff like that.

In other words, Banner could teach a better science class, but Wayne could teach a damn good class in every subject possible.

Jmarshmallow

#43 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner is a much better scientist while Bruce is a much better detective and tactician.

Stalemate.

#44 Posted by BeaconofStrength (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I'd back Banner.

#45 Posted by chu42t (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@koza101: Gadgets which he and Fox built.

#46 Posted by chu42t (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@sir_redhood: Bruce is smarter in nearly all aspects. They both have degrees in most, if not all fields of science and more. Bruce is also a master hypnosis and martial artist, and so his knowledge of the human brain and body could be more concise. And I believe that Bruce is a much better strategist, detective, and actor (he pretends to be a playboy and heavy drinker).So I give it to The Bat.

#47 Edited by Blackice709 (508 posts) - - Show Bio

banner

#48 Posted by Experio (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with prep

#49 Posted by DaredevilDD78 (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce

#50 Posted by antiwhipped (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner smash!