• 84 results
#1 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Say Doctor Strange in his classic days turned to evil and decided to use all his powers to kill everyone on the planet, who on Marvel Earth could stop him by himself/herself? What superhero team could get the job done? And by stop Strange I mean they'd have to kill him outright. Or does Strange succeed in killing everybody?

Scenario 1 - Evil Classic Strange starts attacking Marvel Earth as soon as he gets corrupted

Scenario 2 - Evil Classic Strange has a week of prep

#2 Posted by XxGin (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormannu and Yao.

#3 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

classic stramge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>marvel earth

#4 Posted by Cor_Tsar (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

By themselves? Sentry/Void might be able to, very implausible though. There's a few characters who can with super amps. Maybe Trigon Juggernaut, or, idk, someone else. Adult Franklin also could, Maybe Phoenix force Jean, Legion? Only the top of the top.

#5 Posted by Dextersinister (6356 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably a ton of people, Magik could open a small portal and stab him with her sword.

There's probably a few magic immune characters floating about

#6 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm very hard to say..... Idk i cant think straight right now

#7 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom has a chance if he can get into his time machine.

#8 Edited by Pr0metheus (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Deadpool solos.

#9 Posted by spartanpgh (88 posts) - - Show Bio

with a week of prep everyone is dead before they know it

#10 Posted by hulk_post_absolute_power (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk lives but can't kill strange so strange would just send him off somewhere. Ms marvel if she could tap into binary might might be able to absorb alot of the magics energy shot at her but we have no proof for that. The void could do it round 1 but round 2 hes dead, Doom could defeat strange but his ego kills him both times. Thor could do it.the first round but round 2 he would fall, iron man and the fantastic four might be able to destroy him but tony normally underestimates magic and F4 have there share of problems. Idk

#11 Posted by Shiryu (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Strange is the most powerful hero on Marvel Earth, in my opinion.

The Marvel Earth would quite literally be screwed if Strange turned on them.

Thor and everyone else who thinks they're top dogs would get humbled very quickly.

#12 Posted by bgibs13390 (904 posts) - - Show Bio

In Civil War the Watcher says Dr Strange could have ended the conflict with just a few words. Thats pretty damn powerful. With prep I think he takes it. Without prep he still could win it would just be harder.

#13 Posted by bgibs13390 (904 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: I think Thor might give him a run for his money. He routinely beats Loki who is not as powerful as Strange is still a very formidable magician himself also he stomped Doom who is the number 2 magic user in the Marvel universe.

#14 Posted by Iragexcudder (5125 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: I find that plausible.. Especially if it's Wade from Deadpools KTMU

#15 Edited by DarkRaiden (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom, Magik, Juggernaut, Legion, Mad Jim Jaspers, Franklin Richards, Reed Richards (Deus ex machina style), Black Panther, Thor, maybe Sentry.

#16 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Molecule Man

Adult Franklin Richards

Doom w/prep (maybe)

Sentry w/Void

#17 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

Doom, Magik, Juggernaut, Legion, Mad Jim Jaspers, Franklin Richards, Reed Richards (Deus ex machina style), Black Panther, Thor, maybe Sentry.

The only ones I can possibly agree with are MJJ, Franklin, and Doom (if he has prep), but those are all huge maybes.

I'll remind you we're talking about CLASSIC Strange. The planet buster that killed Shuma Gorath. Twice.

Oh, and in this fight he's morals off.

#18 Edited by DarkRaiden (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

The only ones I can possibly agree with are MJJ, Franklin, and Doom (if he has prep), but those are all huge maybes.

I'll remind you we're talking about CLASSIC Strange. The planet buster that killed Shuma Gorath. Twice.

Beating Shuma Gorath required huge amounts of prep and plot and circumstance. He likely can't repeat any of that (at least from the first time). Legion can just crush the Universe that's in his box in his room or stop time or adapt to Strange, becoming immune to magic, or w/e he wants to do. Reed, only through plot. I'd never count out Black Panther or inconsistent Sentry. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, Sentry is immune to magic, and it empowers him, and this is the day. Thor did kill Glory, and if we use Classic Thor.....yeah. Also his hammer can absorb and cut off magic. Juggs and Magik might be out of luck, depending on the versions.

#19 Posted by JwwProd (10087 posts) - - Show Bio

Mad Jim Jaspers.

#20 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@darkraiden said:

Beating Shuma Gorath required huge amounts of prep and plot and circumstance. He likely can't repeat any of that (at least from the first time). Legion can just crush the Universe that's in his box in his room or stop time or adapt to Strange, becoming immune to magic, or w/e he wants to do. Reed, only through plot. I'd never count out Black Panther or inconsistent Sentry. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, Sentry is immune to magic, and it empowers him, and this is the day. Thor did kill Glory, and if we use Classic Thor.....yeah. Also his hammer can absorb and cut off magic. Juggs and Magik might be out of luck, depending on the versions.

Really? Panther? A street leveler?

there's no way he's even scratching Classic Strange.

As for Thor, Strange has taken control over Mjolnir before:

And there's literally nothing that stops Strange from doing this:

Destroys an entire dimension

He can stop time:

And here he escapes twice from a powerful spell (the second time it was casted by the LT):

Long story short, Classic Strange is >>>>>>> Marvel Earth. He even made Galactus his b!tch:

#21 Posted by JwwProd (10087 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@the_red_viper said:

@darkraiden said:

Really? Panther? A street leveler?

there's no way he's even scratching Classic Strange.

As for Thor, Strange has taken control over Mjolnir before:

And there's literally nothing that stops Strange from doing this:

Destroys an entire dimension

He can stop time:

And here he escapes twice from a powerful spell (the second time it was casted by the LT):

Long story short, Classic Strange is >>>>>>> Marvel Earth. He even made Galactus his b!tch:

And people thought that Franklin was the one who made Galactus his herald even though Strange did it first LOL! ;)

#22 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod said:

@the_red_viper said:

And people thought that Franklin was the one who made Galactus his herald even though Strange did it first LOL! ;)

Making Galactus scream and making him a herald are two entirely different things. Thor hurt Galactus too, wouldn't suddenly put him in Franklin's league as a result.

#23 Edited by DarkRaiden (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Yeah, I know.

but Thor could:

draw out his life force, killing him

Maybe some antimatter:

Or transmute Strange into some weird element:

Or turn back time/control time:

He's also hurt Galactus....many times:

Broke the bands of cyttorak:

Fought and hurt Celestials:

He's blocked planet busting blasts before:

Oh and made shields to block the life bomb that would destroy 1/5 of the universe:

I think he stands a good chance of stopping him.

#24 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod said:

@the_red_viper said:

Making Galactus scream and making him a herald are two entirely different things. Thor hurt Galactus too, wouldn't suddenly put him in Franklin's league as a result.

I agree, but Franklin isn't at all above Classic Strange. Strange (like I showed in my last comment) has destroyed a whole dimension, can Franklin do that?

Here's Strange VS Shuma Gorath, a nigh omnipotent immortal being. Needless to say Strange won:

He's also BFF with TOAA:

#25 Posted by Thanofleeze (3169 posts) - - Show Bio

But Thor isn't from Marvel Earth. He's from Asgard.

#26 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

but Thor could:

Maybe some antimatter:

Oh and made shields to block the life bomb that would destroy 1/5 of the universe:

Again... Strange is a DIMENSION BUSTER. He killed nigh omnipotent beings and has busted a planet with a single spell after fighting for more than 48 hours straight.

There's no way Thor is beating him especially since he doesn't know Strange is coming for him.

#27 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, but Franklin isn't at all above Classic Strange. Strange (like I showed in my last comment) has destroyed a whole dimension, can Franklin do that?

Here's Strange VS Shuma Gorath, a nigh omnipotent immortal being. Needless to say Strange won:

He's also BFF with TOAA:

Personally I think Franklin could, but has had no need to destroy a dimension so has never done it. Franklin as a kid was turning Celestial energy attacks into flowers w/o even thinking about it. I think Adult Franklin Richards could get the job done. Won't be easy, Classic Strange is a beast.

I have no doubt Molecule Man could beat him though.

#28 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

He's also BFF with TOAA:

Personally I think Franklin could, but has had no need to destroy a dimension so has never done it. Franklin as a kid was turning Celestial energy attacks into flowers w/o even thinking about it. I think Adult Franklin Richards could get the job done. Won't be easy, Classic Strange is a beast.

I have no doubt Molecule Man could beat him though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but MM isn't part of Marvel Earth?

There's also one scan of Classic Strange I'm looking for, I'll post it up if I find it, it's a great showing of his power.

#29 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I'm wrong but MM isn't part of Marvel Earth?

There's also one scan of Classic Strange I'm looking for, I'll post it up if I find it, it's a great showing of his power.

I thought MM was, but I could be wrong. If I am, I withdraw that option.

I'm not questioning Classic Strange's power. I'm sold, he's powerful, super powerful.

#30 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: I can't seem to find it at the moment, I'll try again later.

BTW, after Strange hurt Galactus in that fight I posted earlier, the FF actually had to save Galactus from Strange so he wouldn't die. Crazy huh?

#31 Posted by DarkRaiden (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

but Thor could:

Maybe some antimatter:

Again... Strange is a DIMENSION BUSTER. He killed nigh omnipotent beings and has busted a planet with a single spell after fighting for more than 48 hours straight.

There's no way Thor is beating him especially since he doesn't know Strange is coming for him.

And Thor blocked a UNIVERSE BUSTER with ease and no considerable strain. Also he fought and hurt Celestials, who are Universe Busters+.

#32 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@darkraiden said:

but Thor could:

Maybe some antimatter:

And Thor blocked a UNIVERSE BUSTER with ease and no considerable strain. Also he fought and hurt Celestials, who are Universe Busters+.

Wasn't it Rune King Thor who hurt the Celestials?

#33 Posted by DarkRaiden (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@the_red_viper said:

@darkraiden said:

but Thor could:

Maybe some antimatter:

Wasn't it Rune King Thor who hurt the Celestials?

Nope. Pretty sure it was just normal Thor in cool armor.

#34 Posted by Xaijinn (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Can xavier do much? If nothing elsebut distract strange while others (thor/sentry) battle him physically?

#35 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Regardless, Stange still killed Shuma, defeated the In Betweener and arguably stalemated the LT (depends on how you define a stalemate).

@xaijinn said:

Can xavier do much? If nothing elsebut distract strange while others (thor/sentry) battle him physically?

I doubt it, Classic Strange is a really powerful telepath, he creamed Dormammu's sister whose name I can't remember in a mental fight, she's supposedly extremely powerful.

#36 Posted by DarkRaiden (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Regardless, Stange still killed Shuma, defeated the In Betweener and arguably stalemated the LT (depends on how you define a stalemate).

@xaijinn said:

I doubt it, Classic Strange is a really powerful telepath, he creamed Dormammu's sister whose name I can't remember in a mental fight, she's supposedly extremely powerful.

Not really.

1. Shuma, again, was very special circumstances, not applicable.

2. He beat In Betweener by calling upon Chaos and Order, his masters, and hasn't done so any other time, again not applicable.

3. Kinda....more just impressed him.

#37 Posted by Xaijinn (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: damn. Thanks for the info. I always assumed xavier was THE man to go to if there was an opponent that needed their grey matter scrambled.

#38 Posted by those_eyes (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Blood lusted aunt may stomps strange.

#39 Edited by lowlaville (4842 posts) - - Show Bio

Current inhuman beyonder or Franklin Richards.

#40 Posted by Auction_Sniper (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Strange is no joke.

#41 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@xaijinn said:

Not really.

2. He beat In Betweener by calling upon Chaos and Order, his masters, and hasn't done so any other time, again not applicable.

Why is Shuma not applicable? Because it disproves your argument?

In the one with the LT, Strange escaped some sort of binding spell that was casted on him by the LT.

Thor isn't smart enough nor fast enough to save Earth from a morals off Classic Strange, especially when he doesn't know he's coming.

#42 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@xaijinn said:

@the_red_viper: damn. Thanks for the info. I always assumed xavier was THE man to go to if there was an opponent that needed their grey matter scrambled.

Don't get me wrong, Xavier may very well be a better telepath, but I don't think that it's gonna be of much help against Strange.

Blood lusted aunt may stomps strange.

Quite possibly.

#43 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Loki and Doom (with prep!), Captain Universe! Starbrand! umm thats about it

#44 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Loki and Doom (with prep!), Captain Universe! Starbrand! umm thats about it

They're not even close to being as powerful as Strange.

#45 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Captain Universe? really! ha ha Captain Universe is Omni-Potent, Strange was near omnipotent. i fail to see your logic here

#46 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Captain Universe? really! ha ha Captain Universe is Omni-Potent, Strange was near omnipotent. i fail to see your logic here

Captain Universe isn't omnipotent 0_0

#47 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: ok she tanks a blast from a machine that was built to destroy worlds and then lifts a finger to destroy it @dondave or @killemall may have the full scan for this fight (not really fight)

#50 Posted by DarkRaiden (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@the_red_viper said:

@xaijinn said:

Not really.

Why is Shuma not applicable? Because it disproves your argument?

In the one with the LT, Strange escaped some sort of binding spell that was casted on him by the LT.

Thor isn't smart enough nor fast enough to save Earth from a morals off Classic Strange, especially when he doesn't know he's coming.

True Thor might not be smart enough. And I agree Strange did....something with LT.

Shuma isn't applicable because he

A. Got rid of his ego or w/e and turned to dark magic

B. Absorbed Arioch,a being who can make himself infinitely powerful, into himself, something he hasn't done since

C. He still was doing nothing, but somehow being near Shuma turned him into Shuma

D. When he was Shuma, he used Shuma to "kill" Shuma.

E. None of that seems like it will come into play when fighting Marvel Earth