#1 Posted by Skyfather (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the strongest Marvel or DC character Despero can beat?

Without any plot device items such as IG, HOTG, Nullifier, etc., who is the strongest character from DC or Marvel that Despero can KO or kill?

I wish to exclude BFR from this question as I feel it's often used as a copout among combatants who, morals on or off, would likely fight to the death before ever settling for a BFR.

#2 Posted by Dextersinister (5798 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a very high end telepath so it would probably be someone that is a powerhouse but isn't outright immune to telepathy.

#3 Posted by Skyfather (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: I'd like examples, if you could.

#4 Posted by Dredeuced (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Doomsday? It'd be a hell of a brawl and Doomsday is certainly not backing down from a fight.

#5 Posted by dondave (34622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skyfather: The question should be who is the strongest character Despero can't beat.

#6 Edited by Skyfather (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Well that's the character one step up from the answer to my question, so if you'd rather answer that one, go right ahead. But really though, if you take your question too literally, the answer to that question for anybody would be the single strongest character in either DC or Marvel, and that's not quite what I'm asking.

#7 Posted by dondave (34622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skyfather: Despero is strongr than most of DC or Marvel's heroes, he trumped Superman,Powergirl, Captain Marvel and Hourman at the same time, he is more powerful than MMH in terms of telepathy and was able to mindr*pe him.

Soi'd have to be somebody like Thanos or Darkseid that can beat him, any body undr he can beat

#8 Posted by Hondo_ (409 posts) - - Show Bio

probably Doomsday.

#9 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

nice thread idea: DD vs Despero! who takes this?

#10 Posted by XiiX (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected: Despero.

#11 Posted by beautifulrevery (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go ahead and say Galactus

#12 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: more likely yes

#13 Posted by beautifulrevery (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say Galactus

I mean that being the strongest character he couldn't beat

#14 Posted by Dredeuced (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: Galactus most definitely is not the strongest character he couldn't beat. I could name a couple dozen off the top of my head that are stronger than Galactus that Despero couldn't beat.

I thought you were saying Galactus is the strongest he could beat because of Galactus' perennial low showings in the first post, lol.

#15 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4925 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone under Thanos an Darkseid.

#16 Posted by beautifulrevery (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

@beautifulrevery: Galactus most definitely is not the strongest character he couldn't beat. I could name a couple dozen off the top of my head that are stronger than Galactus that Despero couldn't beat.

I thought you were saying Galactus is the strongest he could beat because of Galactus' perennial low showings in the first post, lol.

Despero can beat Thanos/Darkseid with a struggle but that's about as high as he goes. He can't beat a moderately fed Galactus. Galactus can oneshot Thanos and Despero would have a hard time beating him(not Avengers Assemble travesty Thanos but classic)

#17 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

Despero can beat Thanos/Darkseid with a struggle but that's about as high as he goes. He can't beat a moderately fed Galactus. Galactus can oneshot Thanos and Despero would have a hard time beating him(not Avengers Assemble travesty Thanos but classic)

LOL no ...... Both are highly resistant to telepathy, are excellent telepaths themselves and are very resistant to damage as well as they both can BFR Despero by looking at him. Darkseid can transmute Despero or even create a being more powerful than Despero like Stayne who can control matter. In a Fist fight, Thanos would outlast Despero, Darkseid would outfight Despero and outsmart him. God forbid there be any prep involved.

#18 Posted by beautifulrevery (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@beautifulrevery said:

LOL no ...... Both are highly resistant to telepathy, are excellent telepaths themselves and are very resistant to damage as well as they both can BFR Despero by looking at him. Darkseid can transmute Despero or even create a being more powerful than Despero like Stayne who can control matter. In a Fist fight, Thanos would outlast Despero, Darkseid would outfight Despero and outsmart him. God forbid there be any prep involved.

I meant with no prep whatsoever. Random encounter. If there's prep involved anyone would be hard pressed to beat Thanos or Darkseid. Telepathy is useless so it's all about physical power and Despero is not much weaker than Thanos or Darkseid in my opinion. He can win with quite a struggle if they don't BFR him. In a fist fight he'd go the distance and might pull out a few wins. I was addressing the fact that someone stated that Despero could beat Galactus which is in my opinion one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

#19 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

I meant with no prep whatsoever. Random encounter. If there's prep involved anyone would be hard pressed to beat Thanos or Darkseid. Telepathy is useless so it's all about physical power and Despero is not much weaker than Thanos or Darkseid in my opinion. He can win with quite a struggle if they don't BFR him. In a fist fight he'd go the distance and might pull out a few wins. I was addressing the fact that someone stated that Despero could beat Galactus which is in my opinion one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

I think he worded it wrong but obviously Despero isn't beating Galactus, you are right about that. I mean, he got stomped by Starro....

This alone should define Despero's limits ,,,,,

#20 Posted by Dextersinister (5798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skyfather said:

@Dextersinister: I'd like examples, if you could.

Manchester Black was able to manipulate original Doomsday's mind Despero could possibly do the same.

#21 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

Manchester Black was able to manipulate original Doomsday's mind Despero could possibly do the same.

True, how about, Despero vs HP Doomsday.

#22 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Sodam Yat