• 91 results
Edited 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Who is the fastest out of these characters? (117 votes)

Flash 29%
Zoom 41%
Silver Surfer 21%
Quicksilver 4%
Superman 5%
#51 Posted by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: I dunno, depends on the showing? Toon Force is erratic and used to describe lots of different stuff. Bugs Bunny's toon force is way different from Droopy's or Popeye's, etc.

#52 Posted by homicidalmaniac (8252 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: Ok? Wally had to stop to confront him. In a non canon comic. Even still, this thread isn't about Wally vs Toon Force. It seems you brought it up just to be indignant.

#54 Posted by homicidalmaniac (8252 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: I also found this scan.Look closely to that scan,Flash said that Speedy maybe he can outrun him.Really beside toon force,do you agree or disagree that omnipresent characters(Ex.Beyonder)be faster than Wally West.

#55 Posted by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: Yes, you've found quite a lot of non canon scans! Congratulations.

Technically, omnipresence isn't a value of speed, but you can't be faster than someone who is omnipresent because, wherever the final destination is in the race, an omnipresent person is already and is always there at all points in time.

#56 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Road Runner stomps. mip fucking mip, motherfuckers.

#57 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@dredeuced: Could Flash win if he could speed steal?

Could he do the thing where he took speed from the electrons?

If Flash could speed steal then he can recreate his Human Race feat where he outraced instantaneous teleportation across the universe. No one can be faster than that. There's never been a situation I can remember in fiction where someone was demonstrably faster. If you can go anywhere in the universe faster than an instant then you are effectively omnipresent.

Words cannot describe how happy this post made me.....God, I'm such a fanboy :)

#58 Edited by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

I have absolutely no idea why Wally is even being discussed in this thread.

Forum rules CLEARLY state unless otherwise specified most recent version of characters. I see nothing in the OP to specify anything it therefore means in accordance with CV battle thread rules NU52 version. That isn't Wally so he has zero bearing on this thread. As such SS is most definitely the fastest character listed.

Secondly Wally hasn't ANY feat that is "instantaneous travel". Human race required so much plot it was complete and utter crap. It took a 4th dimensional world of speed feeding one speedster, That speedster ( Krakkl) sacrificing his speed to wally. Every life on earth in motion for wally to steal. radio waves transmitted through the fourth dimension to show him a way to travel without traversing normal space, absorbing the speed of several of Earths speedsters AND still it took time to do it.

There we have it in Wally's own thoughts " a fraction of a second", an "infinitesimally" small one admittedly but it took him time. Zoom ( pre NU52) takes no time to move because his time rate is different to ours.

The feat in question is virtually no different than Surfer traveling through hyper space, as Wally traveled through the fourth dimension ( so outside normal space) and it still took him time to do it ( even if it wasn't much).

#59 Edited by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

Surfer was not in the race any way, the runner was and he is faster than surfer, as a matter of fact the whole point of the runner attacking surfer when he did was to prove that he was the fastest in the universe, and surfer was second, but silver surfer was not in that race with makarri and the others. Also none of surfers feats have been retconned

#61 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Thanks for your help dude, honestly. I've always had the same doubt, and it's not that I don't believe you, but, (last question I swear), even if he travels to one extreme of the Universe, to the other, in less than a second, it still takes time for him to travel, even if it's 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001 of a second. I really don't know about the moment you're talking about since I don't read many DC comics, but if the word "instant" is used, couldn't it be a hyperbole? Even if it's to describe the fastest speedster there is?

@beatboks1 said:

I have absolutely no idea why Wally is even being discussed in this thread.

Forum rules CLEARLY state unless otherwise specified most recent version of characters. I see nothing in the OP to specify anything it therefore means in accordance with CV battle thread rules NU52 version. That isn't Wally so he has zero bearing on this thread. As such SS is most definitely the fastest character listed.

Secondly Wally hasn't ANY feat that is "instantaneous travel". Human race required so much plot it was complete and utter crap. It took a 4th dimensional world of speed feeding one speedster, That speedster ( Krakkl) sacrificing his speed to wally. Every life on earth in motion for wally to steal. radio waves transmitted through the fourth dimension to show him a way to travel without traversing normal space, absorbing the speed of several of Earths speedsters AND still it took time to do it.

There we have it in Wally's own thoughts " a fraction of a second", an "infinitesimally" small one admittedly but it took him time. Zoom ( pre NU52) takes no time to move because his time rate is different to ours.

The feat in question is virtually no different than Surfer traveling through hyper space, as Wally traveled through the fourth dimension ( so outside normal space) and it still took him time to do it ( even if it wasn't much).

^ Pretty much this. Minus the Silver Surfer comparison, since I'm not trying to decide a winner here. But that's what I was thinking exactly, that it actually takes time for Wally to travel, even if it's "[...] a fraction of a second so infinitesimal no word exists to describe it".

#62 Edited by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: The word instantaneous travel was used by all powerful Cosmic Gamblers who could destroy DC Earth on a whim, and there was nothing anyone on the planet could do about it. It wasn't actually used to describe Wally's speed, but their own ability to instantly traverse the universe:

Wally only won by tricking them into following their own rules. The storyline was literally made to make Flash go faster than anyone's ever gone before. It took a lot of plot and powerups, but it's a power up he can recreate by stealing the speed of enough beings (such as, say, DC Earth and the Radioland folks, both places he knows of and places he can get to).

If something is too infinitesimal to describe you realize that that would make it equal zero, right? It's like how 0.999999repeating to infinity = 1. If it is 0. 000 repeating to infinity 01 then it would be equal to 0.

I would also like to point out that Beatboks' scan leaves out context. Wally wasn't fully powered up -- this was right before his friend gave him the speed of himself and his entire race of people, which pushed him to the level where he could beat instantaneous travel.

I also don't particularly get the Zoom wank. I know he's quite powerful and quite fast, but he's been matched in speed by Wally with Jesse Quick's speed, and he was straight beaten, twice, by Bart with Wally, Barry, Max and Jay's speed.

#63 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone explain why zoom is supposedly faster than the Flash? Aren't they supposed to be counterparts?

Zoom moves superfast by stopping time or something so he can move faster than anyone because when he moves they arent. I am still not sure why he can IMP and speedsteal but he whatever.

#64 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Done. Thanks again dude. And all of this isn't really about Zoom, I don't care about the character to tell you the truth, I asked in honest doubt of the matter, Zoom was just a perfect example to use because he can manipulate time, but my question was more to the point of if someone with time manipulating abilities (probably beyond Zoom is what I was looking for) could surpass Wally or simply stop him.

#65 Edited by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom>/=Flash>Superman>/=Silver Surfer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quicksilver

#66 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom is technically not fast, he's a game cheater.

Anyway, disregarding Zoom:

Wally is the fastest, he's capable of becoming omnipresent temporary and can easily outrace light by factor of millions.

Superman is usually kept second to the Flash in term of speed, he's at best near-light speed when not holding back.

Silver Surfer, on paper he's supposed to be fast, but he have relatively little speed feats, and he suffered from many humiliating moments due to CIS.

Quicksilver is the cheapest speedster you can find in comics, he's at best Mach 10. Though he's faster than most Earth-bound Marvel characters.

#67 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

Wally is the fastest, he's capable of becoming omnipresent temporary and can easily outrace light by factor of millions.

Superman is usually kept second to the Flash in term of speed, he's at best near-light speed when not holding back.

Silver Surfer, on paper he's supposed to be fast, but he have relatively little speed feats, and he suffered from many humiliating moments due to CIS.

Quicksilver is the cheapest speedster you can find in comics, he's at best Mach 10. Though he's faster than most Earth-bound Marvel characters.

Surfer went to every city on earth in a few seconds

Light years in seconds

half a million light years in seconds

Crosses the universe in no time

I don't have time to post scans of all surfers speed feats

flash is not this fast, earth speed is no where close to galactic/ universal speed, and Surfer has to be this fast. Flash is only capable of these speeds when he accesses the full speed force, and this is not something he can do on average, use of the speed force is capable of killing flash.

@angryhulks said:

No, just no, Flash was only capable of being omini present in the Kindom Come series and I can' remember if that was barry or wally, otherwise he cant be everywhere at once he just cant do that normally. if flash was as fast or faster than SS he would be the runner literally running across the universe, hes the most noted speedster but not the fastest, hes the fastest on earth.

#68 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

Light years in seconds

flash is not this fast, earth speed is no where close to galactic/ universal speed, and Surfer has to be this fast. Flash is only capable of these speeds when he accesses the full speed force, and this is not something he can do on average, use of the speed force is capable of killing flash.

@angryhulks said:

No, just no, Flash was only capable of being omini present in the Kindom Come series and I can' remember if that was barry or wally, otherwise he cant be everywhere at once he just cant do that normally. if flash was as fast or faster than SS he would be the runner literally running across the universe, hes the most noted speedster but not the fastest, hes the fastest on earth.

That's traveling speed, not combat speed. I think Silver Surfer relies on Alcubierre's principle or hyperspace to cross vast distance.

#69 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4029 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how people find logic Batman could mahandle Doomsday.

#70 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

That's traveling speed, not combat speed. I think Silver Surfer relies on Alcubierre's principle or hyperspace to cross vast distance.

this is a race not a fight, and as ive said before hyperspace is only a measure of speed anyway. Look it up

#71 Edited by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78 said:

@angryhulks said:

Light years in seconds

@angryhulks said:

All of these scans lack actual quantification on your part. And again pale in comparison to Zoom and Wally.

Wally with just the plain old 13trillion times the speed of light calculation trumps Surfer in these scans, and that's hardly Wally's best. 13 trillion times the speed of light would mean about 412,000 lightyears per second. So 824,000 in "seconds" if seconds means 2 seconds. Or if it took Surfer 5 seconds to do that, he's several times slower than Wally.

Your final scan is literally Surfer traveling through a white and out of a black hole to cross the universe. Taking short cuts doesn't make someone fast, even if it requires sizeable speed to travel through black and white holes quite easily.

#72 Posted by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

this is a race not a fight, and as ive said before hyperspace is only a measure of speed anyway. Look it up

Hypserspace is not a measure of speed. It is a subspace stream that allows one to travel the universe without the need to go light speed. It's how Thor, Mogo, a bunch of other dudes travel and it's always shown as a sort of separate dimension that they're using as a shortcut.

#73 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78 said:

@angryhulks said:

Hypserspace is not a measure of speed. It is a subspace stream that allows one to travel the universe without the need to go light speed. It's how Thor, Mogo, a bunch of other dudes travel and it's always shown as a sort of separate dimension that they're using as a shortcut.

Silver Surfer used to time travel by breaking the speed of light. He did it twice back in classic era.

Nova Prime has gone trillions of times the speed of light as well.

With the Time Gem, the Runner could run so fast he could arrive anywhere in the universe instantaneously IIRC.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#74 Posted by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I believe you mean the Space Gem. Runner with the Space Gem is effectively omnipresent. That's the power the space gem grants and I'd hardly argue against anyone with the Space Gem being able to be beat in a race. That said, he is not on this list nor is anyone with the Space Gem.

Time Travel is something lots of characters do after they break the light speed barrier, but it's not a measure of straight line speed in the universe.

Nova Prime uses hyperspace portals, as well, doesn't he? I remember him having to open a hyperspace portal to get out of an explosion or else he'd have died. Also, still slower and and not in this thread.

#75 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2621 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a battle.

#76 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26841 posts) - - Show Bio

lol who voted for Quicksilver?

#77 Edited by russellmania77 (15798 posts) - - Show Bio

@bornonamonday: zoom time travels on the regular, he is from the future

#78 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: zoom can't do that at will he gets stuck in time often and can't get back. Like I said flash can only achieve speeds close to surfer with full access of the speed force, normally on average surfer is much faster. And can somebody repost the scan of flash going 13 trillion times the speed of light, maybe I missed that

#79 Posted by Wardemon32 (4536 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26841 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by Wardemon32 (4536 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

Read like every Flash comic but he gets NO RESPECT FROM ME! Quicksulver all day!

#82 Edited by nickthedevil (13873 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor Zoom's the fastest.

#83 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, how did Quicksilver get any votes? He's the slowest.

#84 Posted by Wardemon32 (4536 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath:

Actually he's the fastest one here. Read up on his comics before you say something so stupid.

#85 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver stomps.

#88 Posted by Alexander505 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom

Flash/Silver Surfer

Superman

Quicksilver

#89 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (975 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunter Zolomon, a guy who controls the flow of time around him just by willing it?

Yeah, Zoom is the fastest of this bunch.

#90 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (975 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac said:

@dredeuced: I'm still new to this replying on Vine.SS travel faster than light......not once his board was breaking down bit by bit during traveling.The OP doesn't say which Flash is it.We don't know its current Flash or not.Zoom don't really count in this cause Zoom don't have super speed,but everyone that see him.....it look super speed.Would you say that SA Superman speed is slower than Wally Flash speed.Yet,SA Superman speed was destroying the universe and Spectre have to stop him.And Fun Fact,SA Superman have said that he have Super Super Speed.

Surfer has a plethora of FTL feats, most of the ones without Hyperspace happened in classic comics which have been soft retconned...

What retconn are you referring to?

#91 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio