• 91 results
Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Who is the fastest out of these characters? (117 votes)

Flash 29%
Zoom 41%
Silver Surfer 21%
Quicksilver 4%
Superman 5%
#1 Posted by MonsterStomp (19224 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Silver Surfer or Superman. N52 Superman has shown better speed feats than N52 Flash or Zoom.

#2 Posted by SheenLantern (6790 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom by a mile.

What's Quicksilver doing here?

#3 Posted by dondave (38442 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom

#4 Edited by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom

#5 Posted by GhostRider2 (3371 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer, Quicksilver is here only to give the start.

#6 Edited by GhostRavage (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

If its N52 Flash, Zoom and Sups... Then Silver Surfer is the fastest. Also, Quicksilver shouldn't be here...

#7 Posted by dondave (38442 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Quicksilver doing here?

QFT

Makkari or the Runner would have been a better option

#8 Posted by vintage_spiderman (1539 posts) - - Show Bio

zoom............ WHY ASK THIS?????????

#9 Posted by MonsterStomp (19224 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre Flashpoint Zoom would stomp everyone. Wally would give him a race though.

#10 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone explain why zoom is supposedly faster than the Flash? Aren't they supposed to be counterparts?

#11 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver should stomp all the rest. I think people forget he's a Mach 5-10 speedster, I mean, none of the rest have any feats to put them on his level...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#12 Posted by NeonGameWave (7951 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Silver Surfer.

#13 Posted by dondave (38442 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone explain why zoom is supposedly faster than the Flash? Aren't they supposed to be counterparts?

Zoom, isn't a speedster in the sense that Wally is. He manipulates time to simulate moving fast. He is proven however,to be faster than Wally, as evidenced when Wally took speed from Bart and Jay, Hunter still appeared as a blur to him

#14 Posted by bornonamonday (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the Flash run so fast that he went into the future? don't think these others are gonna hold a candle to that, sure didn't see Supes running into the future during Blackest Night

#15 Posted by Sherlock (7273 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: You aren't being serious are you?

#16 Posted by mightyrearranger (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom, especially at his most powerful (and consistent). However, he's fastest by way of a weird paradox here, in that he's not really fast, he's just accelerating his own personal timeline.

I believe this quoted directly from him (but I'll have to make sure), he states that in his timeline, when he's using his power, that even the fastest speedsters appear slowed down significantly.

I guess it really depends on what point A and point B are in this race (and who the writer is lol). Zoom isn't gonna do much in space, while the Surfer's gonna be kinda amusingly pathetic in a foot race.

#17 Posted by Jmarshmallow (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically, Zoom isn't faster than anybody on this list. He just alters time around him, making him APPEAR to be moving faster. If you want to count that, then he's #1. If not, I'll give it to Flash, followed by Silver Surfer, then Supes, then Quicksilver.

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9548 posts) - - Show Bio

not a battle

#19 Edited by SheenLantern (6790 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Quicksilver should stomp all the rest. I think people forget he's a Mach 5-10 speedster, I mean, none of the rest have any feats to put them on his level...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

QFT

#20 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@sherlock said:

@floopay: You aren't being serious are you?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#21 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3786 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunter Zolomon isn't technically "fast" but he would solo all the "speedsters" in this battle. As for the fastest, then it would be Wally West. Bart Allen was hypothetically meant to be the fastest being in existence, however he never reached that peak and when he was closest, Wally's feats still surpass that.

In their prime, feat wise its: Wally >> Barry > Bart >> Jay. Though Bart and Wally could steal speed. Barry defeated the Runner, Quicksilver isn't even a factor and Professor Zoom is probably between Barry and Bart. He sort of fluctuates. Surfer is faster than Bart and Jay but one could probably make a good argument for Bart over Norrin in a race.

#22 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#23 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

I always believed Flash has the power to beat Zoom while Zoom is trying*maybe because I'm kind of a fanboy*

#24 Posted by CampodelViolin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver of course.

#25 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver of course.

I'm a Marvel fanboy too. But you, sir, are clearly trollling.

#26 Posted by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom, unless Flash is allowed to speed steal.

#27 Posted by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunter Zolomon isn't technically "fast" but he would solo all the "speedsters" in this battle. As for the fastest, then it would be Wally West. Bart Allen was hypothetically meant to be the fastest being in existence, however he never reached that peak and when he was closest, Wally's feats still surpass that.

In their prime, feat wise its: Wally >> Barry > Bart >> Jay. Though Bart and Wally could steal speed. Barry defeated the Runner, Quicksilver isn't even a factor and Professor Zoom is probably between Barry and Bart. He sort of fluctuates. Surfer is faster than Bart and Jay but one could probably make a good argument for Bart over Norrin in a race.

Bart can't speed steal. Only Jay, Wally, Walter and Savitar can.

#28 Posted by CampodelViolin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@campodelviolin said:

Quicksilver of course.

I'm a Marvel fanboy too. But you, sir, are clearly trollling.

LoL, sorry... I just feel sad for him, no one take him seriously, and always compete against Flash. xD

#29 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Could Flash win if he could speed steal?

Could he do the thing where he took speed from the electrons?

#30 Posted by MonsterStomp (19224 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash's speed steal makes up for Zoom's time manipulation.

No one wins if everyone is frozen as a statue.

#31 Posted by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Could Flash win if he could speed steal?

Could he do the thing where he took speed from the electrons?

If Flash could speed steal then he can recreate his Human Race feat where he outraced instantaneous teleportation across the universe. No one can be faster than that. There's never been a situation I can remember in fiction where someone was demonstrably faster. If you can go anywhere in the universe faster than an instant then you are effectively omnipresent.

#32 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer is the fastest he can time travel anytime he want, and cross dimensions with his speed, anything flash can do with the speed force surfer can do casually. He has to be the fastest he travels the universe to find planets for his master, flash is stuck on earth where you can only go so fast

#33 Posted by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer is the fastest he can time travel anytime he want, and cross dimensions with his speed, anything flash can do with the speed force surfer can do casually. He has to be the fastest he travels the universe to find planets for his master, flash is stuck on earth where you can only go so fast

Time travel doesn't make you faster than someone. Dr. Doom can build a machine that allows him to time travel but that machine isn't faster in a race from Point A to Point B.

Flash can also run in space, if it's Wally West. Also you can "only" go so fast on Earth. On Earth, Flash has better speed feats than Surfer can sniff at.

#34 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

This is quite interesting, and I always had the same doubt. Wally is, no doubt, the fastest there is, in terms of actual speed, but, could he really be "faster" than Zoom? I mean, honest question, because I actually don't know. Zoom is supposed to alter time, making his own go "faster", so, shouldn't it be plausible that, just like Wally can increase his speed via Speed Steal, Zoom can do the same by increasing and increasing his own time, staying always one step ahead of Wally?

#35 Posted by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: That's how his powers typically work, but you can't logically go faster than someone who is faster than being instantaneous.

#36 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Surfer have shown he can go pass the border of time and space with his speed.

#37 Posted by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: An irrelevant observation. That's not a speed feat, it's just traversing time and dimensions.

#38 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: That's how his powers typically work, but you can't logically go faster than someone who is faster than being instantaneous.

Another question. I don't really know about Zoom's capabilities, but shouldn't time itself be beyond Wally in this case? Since Zoom is manipulating time, shouldn't he (or a real Time Manipulator since I don't know if Zoom can use his powers to that extend) accelerate his own personal time, or slow other's, to the point where Wally is frozen in motion? Just like Wally perceives regular people?

#39 Posted by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: That's pretty much exactly how Zoom's power's work. The point of the matter is that Wally raced across the entire universe in less than 0 seconds during The Human Race, so if you froze time he could still instantly traverse anywhere in the universe.

#40 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#41 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: You understood exactly where I was going. But is it really possible? I mean, let's forget Zoom for a second and use, anyone who can freeze time itself, for everybody. So, if someone froze time in all Universe, could Wally really move? I know he's like, stupid crazy, but I just never knew it could be possible to be unaffected of time freeze with speed alone.

#42 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced said:

@homicidalmaniac: An irrelevant observation. That's not a speed feat, it's just traversing time and dimensions.

Your saying these scans is not a speed feat.Why did you have the need to flag me.You think Flash is faster right........would you still say that current Flash is still faster than Silver Surfer

#43 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

No it's not irelivent, dr doom building a machine to time travel is different than surfer time traveling with his speed, zoom and flash have time traveled with pure speed but the can not do it casually surfer has done it several times and it has been stated on panel that he was going so fast he broke the laws of time and space strictly with his speed. If it was said on panel to be a speed feat then if was, you can't try and low ball it by saying he did it some other kind of way.

#44 Edited by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain said:

@dredeuced: You understood exactly where I was going. But is it really possible? I mean, let's forget Zoom for a second and use, anyone who can freeze time itself, for everybody. So, if someone froze time in all Universe, could Wally really move? I know he's like, stupid crazy, but I just never knew it could be possible to be unaffected of time freeze with speed alone.

I don't see how else you could logically concur "Faster than instantaneous." Freezing time means that all of reality is stuck in this particular instant, and Wally was fast enough to travel the entire universe before even an instant.

@homicidalmaniac said:

@dredeuced said:

Your saying this scan is not a speed feat.Why did you have the need to flag me.You think Flash is faster right........would you still say that current Flash is still faster than Silver Surfer

Yes, this is not a speed feat. There's not even a way to calculate how fast he was going in your scans. It's irrelevant as it clearly took him some semblance of time for those multiple celestial objects and thoughts to go by, which is much, much slower than someone who can travel the universe in less than an instant.

I didn't "flag" you. When someone quotes you or clicks the respond button on one of your posts to address you, it sends you a notification so that you know someone is talking to you. For instance, when you gave me this post, it gave me a notification, marked by the flag system in the top right.

If I had flagged you, you wouldn't even be aware of it.

Current Flash probably isn't faster than Silver Surfer because Current Flash is Barry Allen, who isn't as fast as Wally and can't speed steal to increase his speed like Wally. Barry Allen CAN time travel, but that doesn't make him faster than Surfer. It doesn't even make him AS fast as Surfer because using your speed to time travel isn't necessarily the same as using your speed to travel.

@moonman78 said:

@dredeuced:

No it's not irelivent, dr doom building a machine to time travel is different than surfer time traveling with his speed, zoom and flash have time traveled with pure speed but the can not do it casually surfer has done it several times and it has been stated on panel that he was going so fast he broke the laws of time and space strictly with his speed. If it was said on panel to be a speed feat then if was, you can't try and low ball it by saying he did it some other kind of way.

Who says Surfer time travels with his speed? He time travels on his board using the power cosmic. Even still, that doesn't help him in a race.

I'm not "lowballing" surfer. I think it's petulant to assume anyone who can time travel is faster than the Flash. There are hundreds upon thousands of characters in comics alone who can time travel and practically none of them can beat Flash in a race. The Runner can't time travel and he's faster than Surfer. Same for Makkari.

Everyone breaks the laws of space and time when they go FTL. That's the only way to go FTL. Lots of times, going FTL allows time travel. But if you were 1.1x faster than the Speed of Light, you wouldn't even be a trillionth as fast as Wally West WITHOUT his speed steal. That's why it's irrelevant.

#45 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: Yep.

That's why he's not in the New 52.

Wally West is stupid good.

(I mean I don't actually know this but anything @dredeuced says about the Flash is gospel.)

#46 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: ill tell u who says surfer travels with his speed the panel, if you read the bubbles and boxes they always state what is going on in the picture, and if the panel said he uses his speed to do so and so then it's what happened there's no diffusing it

#47 Edited by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@gonnarain: Yep.

That's why he's not in the New 52.

Wally West is stupid good.

(I mean I don't actually know this but anything @dredeuced says about the Flash is gospel.)

He's not in New-52 because Didio wanted Barry to be the headliner Flash and, as long as Wally was around, no one was gonna read Barry's stories. When Flash Rebirth debuted and the sales plummeted, despite them putting their golden boy on the case (Johns), it was pretty quickly determined they had to get rid of Wally if they wanted Barry to sell. It's the same reason why, despite it being an entirely new continuity, they will not allow Wally to come back as Kid Flash -- people would expect Wally to replace Barry and Didio has outright told Manapul that he'd pull him off of Flash if they even hinted that Wally was there without his go ahead.

@moonman78 said:

@dredeuced: ill tell u who says surfer travels with his speed the panel, if you read the bubbles and boxes they always state what is going on in the picture, and if the panel said he uses his speed to do so and so then it's what happened there's no diffusing it

Nothing in the posted panels show anything detailing what speed he was going at. There's no "diffusing" anything because you've presented no argument. You've posted no scans implying Surfer's speed, merely stating that Time Travel makes him faster than someone because you say so.

If you want, I can post The Human Race feat (for the bajillionth time on this forum) to prove what I'm saying is true. I've seen every Surfer speed feat under the sun on this forum of people trying to posit that Surfer is faster, from many a Surfer wanker, and none of them have come close. The fact that Surfer is definitively slower than both Makkari and The Runner puts a nail in the coffin, since both are dwarfed by Wally.

#48 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: I'm still new to this replying on Vine.SS travel faster than light......not once his board was breaking down bit by bit during traveling.The OP doesn't say which Flash is it.We don't know its current Flash or not.Zoom don't really count in this cause Zoom don't have super speed,but everyone that see him.....it look super speed.Would you say that SA Superman speed is slower than Wally Flash speed.Yet,SA Superman speed was destroying the universe and Spectre have to stop him.And Fun Fact,SA Superman have said that he have Super Super Speed.

#49 Posted by Dredeuced (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: I'm still new to this replying on Vine.SS travel faster than light......not once his board was breaking down bit by bit during traveling.The OP doesn't say which Flash is it.We don't know its current Flash or not.Zoom don't really count in this cause Zoom don't have super speed,but everyone that see him.....it look super speed.Would you say that SA Superman speed is slower than Wally Flash speed.Yet,SA Superman speed was destroying the universe and Spectre have to stop him.And Fun Fact,SA Superman have said that he have Super Super Speed.

Surfer has a plethora of FTL feats, most of the ones without Hyperspace happened in classic comics which have been soft retconned, but even if you allowed every feat none that I've seen comes close to Wally's best, with or without The Human Race. Zoom is faster than every incarnation of Wally except for The Human Race Wally.

SA Superman wasn't destroying the universe (something I myself thought was the case and was corrected on). He was merely breaking through dimensional barriers until he almost reached Heaven, which Spectre and The Presence did not allow. I do not believe SA Superman ever traveled faster than covering a universal distance in less than an instant.

We started assuming it was Wally West because he also used Zoom. If he was using Professor Zoom I would've assumed Barry Allen. Kind of like how I'm also assuming Pre-52 Superman for this thread (though he is irrelevant).

#50 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Are going to say that Toon Force Speed is faster or slower than Wally West.