• 99 results
BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BMEZY

Take these variables into consideration FEATS CONTROL SKILL EXPERIENCE POTENTIAL POWER and OVERALL AWESOMENESS!! make descriptive, logical explaination

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Iceman only has power over temperature and ice, so he would be the more proficient in those skill-sets. 

Storm wins in every other category.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BMEZY

i think of it like this: storm is the jack of all trades, but master of none..

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think Storm is the over all better elemental. Storm has trained Iceman in the use of his powers and has more experience and consistency with showing excellent control over her powers from the beginning. Iceman's showings has been coming into his own in the more recent years.

With cold temperature and ice I think Bobby has recently shown better showings and potential than Storm. Iceman can reach absolute zero cold where Storm cannot, and he has now shown the ability to animate ice and control it, and Storm has also not done this. He has also used his control over temp to neturalize Sunfire's powers. I also think he can shape moisture better, plus, he can become the element itself.

Both have shown the ability to alter the state of water at a molecular level.

However, I haven't seen Bobby amplify heat with his temp control, or extract additional moisture from the air on his own to amp his power. Storm, who can not only create extreme sub-zero temps, but can also increase the temperature to create extreme heat, has manipulated greater amounts of moisture over a greater range, has manipulated hydrogen atoms directly, has shown the ability to control ocean currents the same way she does wind, and can induce snow, blizzards, fog, freezing rains storms,etc. through her moisture and temp control or combo of them. This is in addition to what she has done and potentially could do with the other elements and energies that fall under her control (electrical and wind), plus some adhoc abilities and various combinations with her powers. She has shown more raw power and versatility with her powers than Bobby.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By HolySerpent

Storm

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Godabed

@BMEZY said:

She's the master of Wind.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordOfFate

@Godabed said:

@BMEZY said:

She's the master of Wind.

True, wind would be her element....but I do agree she is a jack of all trades when it comes to elements

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i like Iceman more, i usually prefer a person to be a master of one element than all of them, for some reason it just makes them seem cooler (no pun intended)

DocHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DocHurt

Storm.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Storm: Jill-of-all-trades.

Iceman: Omega-level ice manipulator.

Plus I wouldn't categorize Storm as being an elemental. She's only able to control certain aspects of the weather, rather than have the ability to become and element.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Roddy010

Storm has way more tools at her disposal...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Killemall

IF this was a battle between storm and iceman I would say Boby via flash freeze, but to be honest I don’t really know what this thread is asking. Some help plzz =( 

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By termiteone4ever

Storm all the way .

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chiq

Iceman. Storm durability is her down fall for me. If she could put up shields or turn into an energy being her overall ratings would sky rocket. She has awesome offensive capabilities. little to no defensive protection.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@Roddy010 said:

But Iceman still stomps her.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Roddy010

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@Roddy010 said:

This isn't a battle. Did you read the OP? Or are you just trolling for a debate?

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@Roddy010 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@Roddy010 said:

This isn't a battle. Did you read the OP? Or are you just trolling for a debate?

Just saying, Iceman wins in a fight and easily. Don't be mad bro.

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Godabed

Okay let's actually example aspects that were listed in the OP, who has the better control?  On several occassions Bobby has brought temperatures down to close to absolute zero, and these are stated to be on panel, with Him and Cable, when they were trying to defuse a bomb, when crashing through a metal wall with Polaris, and in Inferno with coordination with the other X-men. I don't know if we are actually counting the stuff that Emma did when she put the whammy on him... are we counting that?
Also here is another question, are we focusing on all of storm's elemental feats, or narrowing it down a little, even though the OP is talking about all her powers?  (that woman has a lot of feats)

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kcaz

storm wins. ice man has good powers,but he is not intelligent and creative enough to use them well. when emma frost mind controlled iceman, not even the combined might of the X-Men Gold team was able to stop her in Iceman's body

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Roddy010

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@Roddy010 said:

Just saying, Iceman wins in a fight and easily. Don't be mad bro.

Nobody is upset just letting you know that this is irrelevant to the thread and contributes nothing....

Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Carolina574

Right now I would say Storm but from what they've done lately with Ice-Man they may be trying to change that.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@kcaz: Read Wolverine and The Xmen. Iceman showed some great use of his powers.@Roddy010: Ok. Just I was saying Iceman wins is all.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Roddy010

@Edgeworth_11: Okay dude whatever...smh lol

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Phylos

hmm, i wouldn't really classify storm as an elemental & also i've never really considered her one.

magma would of been a better choice for this thread, but egh.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordOfFate

Storm is a elemental because Marvel says she is....also if we're going off feats Storm has this in the bag. Hell, just the starcore feat beats damn near everything Bobby has done in his entire time in print.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@BMEZY: I had actually written a response but I really didn't feel like getting into it with Storm fans because it would be a foolish waste of time so I didn't bother posting it. But since you asked me specifically: I think statements like Thunderbolt's are unfair. Saying that Storm can control temperature or moisture better and than Bobby is true, but of course it is. She directly controls those things while Bobby doesn't. I understand that making ice involves manipulating temperature and moisture, but it's not the same. It's like, he works with ice and temp and moisture change so he can do so, while she directly controls temp and moisture and can use that to create ice. Her being better at something only she directly controls is like Bobby being better at becoming ice. You could say Storm is better because she can do those things, but you could easily say Bobby is better because his consciousness can exist within his element. I think Storm is better because her powers simply encompass more. Bobby just has ice while Storm has "weather", which includes temperature, moisture, air, and lightning. But I wouldn't make it a skill thing.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Omega Level>Alpha Level.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Roddy010

@Buckshot said:

@BMEZY: I had actually written a response but I really didn't feel like getting into it with Storm fans because it would be a foolish waste of time so I didn't bother posting it. But since you asked me specifically: I think statements like Thunderbolt's are unfair. Saying that Storm can control temperature or moisture better and than Bobby is true, but of course it is. She directly controls those things while Bobby doesn't. I understand that making ice involves manipulating temperature and moisture, but it's not the same. It's like, he works with ice and temp and moisture change so he can do so, while she directly controls temp and moisture and can use that to create ice. Her being better at something only she directly controls is like Bobby being better at becoming ice. You could say Storm is better because she can do those things, but you could easily say Bobby is better because his consciousness can exist within his element. I think Storm is better because her powers simply encompass more. Bobby just has ice while Storm has "weather", which includes temperature, moisture, air, and lightning. But I wouldn't make it a skill thing.

I fully agree with this...Storm does have a plethora of abilities in her powerset so she does have more feats, but I believe Bobby has formidable skills in manipulating moisture/ice and has accomplish a few feats Storm hasn't such as animating his ice and as you stated placing his consciousness into water vapor/ice...I still say Storm is the overall better elemental based on feats but I still believe Iceman is can give her a run for her money in the cold/moisture department..

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@Lord Shiva said:

Storm is a elemental because Marvel says she is....also if we're going off feats Storm has this in the bag. Hell, just the starcore feat beats damn near everything Bobby has done in his entire time in print.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yes, Iceman would easily beat her. Don't go overboard.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

I think Bobby is overall more powerfull, but Storm has shown better control and skill, and has control over more than just ice.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Vance Astro said:

Omega Level>Alpha Level.

This^^

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By madrid_san

Storm is not an elemental. She can manipulate weather via wind control. She isn't immune to the elements either (if Iceman froze her for example, she is dead, or Thor hits her with some lightning, she is dead)

Iceman, on the other hand, can lower his core temperature without sustaining damage. This makes him a true elementalist. So this that regard, he is better. He has starting showing vast control over his powers which is very impressive. Storm is a glass cannon whereas Iceman has evolved to allow his elemental powers to provide him protection to very serious life threatening injuries.

Iceman is easily the more impressive of the two. Storm, is a great mutant in her own right and Scott is lucky to have her as a member of his team, but she falls short to Bobby due to her limitations.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BMEZY

i found this excerpt very interesting by the way "Bobby Drake could be, potentially, one of the most powerful mutants on the planet. Look at his power. People say "Ooh! He makes ice." Or now, "Ooh, he turns himself into ice!" But let's step back. Basic physics says that there's no such thing as "cold", as a quantative energy form. Only degrees of heat. "Cold" is a relative term, requiring a difference between the observed target and the temperature of the observer. Example: I'm standing in my office, at a nice 73 degrees. The cabbie outside is standing on the street, shivering in 40 degrees. To me, he is cold. Whereas if I were buried in snow (great shades of this past weekend) at around 20 degrees, I'd consider him pretty warm. Right then, we've established that there's no such energy form as "cold". So, Bobby doesn't generate cold to form his ice, and he doesn't generate the moisture himself (imagine how quickly he'd be dehydrated). Therefore, he forms his ice structures from the ambient moisture in the environment around him. To do this, he causes the moisture to freeze. But how? We know he doesn't "project cold", so then he must absorb or dissipate the heat. By the laws of thermodynamics, energy is constant, it cannot be created or destroyed. However, let's go to another scientific principle. Heat is a measurement of the internal kinetic energy of an object. The more those atoms and molecules are buzzing around, the hotter it is. What Bobby Drake does, as I see it, is project a field that inhibits the motion of those particles (herein referred to as Brownian Motion) thus dropping the temperature and freezing the moisture. However, the amount of water vapor in any given area is not consistent with the large stunts Bobby regularly pulls off (re: ice slides, ice walls, etc). If he were to coalesce that much water vapor in one place and freeze it, the humidity all along the Eastern Seaboard would drop dramatically, we'd have wildcat lightning storms all over the place, cats and dogs living together, it would be anarchy, you see my point. So that extra frozen mass has to come from somewhere. Remember that water vapor isn't the only thing in the air. You have a mixture of all sorts of gases. One of the most prominent of these is carbon dioxide. Compared to the other prominent gases in our atmosphere (nitrogen, the most common, and oxygen), carbon dioxide has a relatively high temperature (although still incredibly low) at which it becomes solid. It is my theory that the most part of Bobby's ice structures are composed of frozen carbon dioxide, or "dry ice". This would also explain why Manhattan isn't flooded every time his ice slides melt, since most of it sublimes back into gaseous carbon dioxide. So, what Bobby does is inhibit the Brownian Motion of objects. He can do this so quickly that there is no expansion of the target's water content, as was seen when he flash-froze Legion completely. Had he merely frozen all the moisture in Legion's body, well... put an unopened can of soda in the freezer sometime. Wait a few days. Watch the results. Legion would be a messy red chunk when he thawed. Bobby is an incredibly powerful cryokinetic. But that's not the only extent to his powers. Since Mikhail's fiddling, he can transform his entire body into a water-based organism. In his form of homogenous ice, his thought processes go on, even though water is a MUCH less efficient conductor than neurons in the human brain. Basically, Bobby converts all the molecules of his body into water, and freezes and molds it as he moves. He has the capability to assume a completely liquid form (as Emma Frost did when in control of his body) as well as the potential ability to 'teleport' by zapping his consciousness through water vapor in the atmosphere, reforming at his desired location. In AOA, this was referred to as "moisture inversion". And through all this, he retains the ability to resume human form. He has been blown up in human form and transformed into steam. He was also absorbed by a fire user who fed his flames with the things surrounding him, and Iceman inhibited his body, then expanded outwards, killing the firestarter. He then went on to be teleported inside a wall, and survived the explosion. So long as there is one piece of his consciousness around, he can survive. Iceman's powers really work by slowing down molecules by absorbing their heat/energy (since there is always water vapor in the air, they automatically freeze too..Emma Frost helped bobby unlock his true potential by taking natural mental blocks off his mind, this is how he achieved absolute cold/zero; effectively stopping the speed and flow of molecules.. no energy can be produced what so ever at A.zero i.e heat, light, etc in theory, iceman will be th last entity in the universe... Absolute Cold = Death of Movement/Energy = Death of Universe... bobby is the most powerful thermokinetic in the marvel universe as of now.. read his most recent comics :) i just want you to inform u a little more... his cyrogenic nature is only a byproduct of the power he truly possess..

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By aerokinesis

storm

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LordOfFate

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@Lord Shiva said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yes, Iceman would easily beat her. Don't go overboard.

Not a Vs. debate, has nothing to do with the OP question, In your opinion, who has better control and feats?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HolySerpent

Storm no question

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Lord Shiva said:

In your opinion, who has better control and feats?

That assumes that what makes someone a better elemental is the control they have over their respective element or some display of power or something, and that may not be how everyone thinks about it. Some could judge it by how close they are to their element, and while Storm is amazingly in tune with nature, I think Bobby would be greater by that measure since he can actually become his element. Some could judge it by which elemental would win in a fight (because being able to defend yourself against another elemental and overcome them could reflect the extent of their power, control, or superiority in some way) and that would make Bobby the better elemental as well.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By butterflykyss

@kcaz said:

storm wins. ice man has good powers,but he is not intelligent and creative enough to use them well. when emma frost mind controlled iceman, not even the combined might of the X-Men Gold team was able to stop her in Iceman's body

scans please

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By butterflykyss

@madrid_san said:

Storm is not an elemental. She can manipulate weather via wind control. She isn't immune to the elements either (if Iceman froze her for example, she is dead, or Thor hits her with some lightning, she is dead)

Iceman, on the other hand, can lower his core temperature without sustaining damage. This makes him a true elementalist. So this that regard, he is better. He has starting showing vast control over his powers which is very impressive. Storm is a glass cannon whereas Iceman has evolved to allow his elemental powers to provide him protection to very serious life threatening injuries.

Iceman is easily the more impressive of the two. Storm, is a great mutant in her own right and Scott is lucky to have her as a member of his team, but she falls short to Bobby due to her limitations.en

Storm manipulates the weather psionically. Her control over the weather is not via wind. Storm also has a greater range of elemental control. Iceman is limited to ice/moisture, whereas Storm works within that spectrum as well as winds, temperature, lightning etc. So Storm is easily more impressive as far as feats.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PrinceIMC

I love Iceman. Being able to turn from a human being into a being made of ice is pretty awesome. Specially when you get shattered and reform. Storm controls weather well, probably the most talented weather manipulator in comics. But Iceman isn't interested in making it snow, he can literally create ice structures and even create the illusion of movement in them by un-creating them and re-creating them in rapid succession like animation.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kcaz
@butterflykyss said:

@kcaz said:

scans please

i dont have the scans, but i think it should be in Uncanny X - Men #311 - 314.check this website<http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=55&page=7> iceman has much potential, but still lacks the intelligence, creativity and experience. emma frost was able to do so much with his powers, and even discovered a new trick, which is that iceman's powers allow him to travel through any body of water in almost no time. Even Emma herself was surprised at this near unlimited potential. the scan bellow shows a emma frost possessed iceman

No Caption Provided
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Roddy010

@madrid_san said:

Iceman is easily the more impressive of the two. Storm, is a great mutant in her own right and Scott is lucky to have her as a member of his team, but she falls short to Bobby due to her limitations.

How many times are we gonna have this discussion? Storm does not control the weather on wind manipulation alone.....

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm can control more elements so i think Storm is the better elemental

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By EpitomeofCool

storm overall, iceman over ice...

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrinceIMC
@jhazzroucher said:

Crystal can control more elements than Storm so that means: Crystal > Storm > Iceman then right?
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Roddy010

@PrinceIMC said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Crystal can control more elements than Storm so that means: Crystal > Storm > Iceman then right?

It's not about how many elements you command but how large of a scale you can wield them, how much skill and precision as well as will power you have...

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Roddy010 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@jhazzroucher said:

It's not about how many elements you command but how large of a scale you can wield them, how much skill and precision as well as will power you have...

Jhazzroucher's argument was purely about how many elements Storm commands. Storm has large scale and Iceman has skill and precision.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Roddy010

@PrinceIMC said:

@Roddy010 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Jhazzroucher's argument was purely about how many elements Storm commands. Storm has large scale and Iceman has skill and precision.

Well Storm has all three over Iceman. Bobby just has more potential than Ororo being that he is an omega...

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Roddy010 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@Roddy010 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Well Storm has all three over Iceman. Bobby just has more potential than Ororo being that he is an omega...

I disagree.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Skaddix

Storm has better feats.