who is smarter,Mr. Fantastic or Batman ?

• 81 results
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By zee crusher

Static Shock says:

"I'm sure someone already something like this, but they both have intelligence in different areas. When it comes to combat, battle strategies, criminology, and forensics, then it would have to be Batman. Mr. Fantastic is intelligence, but he mainly focuses on science and technology, so his intelligence in those to fields may be great than Batman's."

But mr.fantastic in smart in terms of stragegy and crim he could do the same thing he found out gladiator was suped up by technology with out leaving earth he also made a machine to shrink godzilla to make the battle easier he figured out gladiators weakness was in spirit so he really would only lose in combat and forensics.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Static Shock

zee crusher says:

"But mr.fantastic in smart in terms of stragegy and crim hecould do the same thing he found out gladiator was suped up bytechnology with out leaving earth he also made a machine to shrinkgodzilla to make the battle easier he figured out gladiators weaknesswas in spirit so he really would only lose in combat and forensics."

I don't think Reed's intelligence in strategy and crime stack up to

Batman's. Finding out that Gladiator was suped up by technology is

irrelevant to those fields. They have nothing to do with strategy or

crime. Making a machine to shrink Godzilla falls under science and

technology, something that Reed excels in.

I doubt Reed's strategical intelligence is greater, for ths simple fact

that him and his team were single-handedly and strategically taken down

by one man. That man being Black Panther.
Post Edited:2008-01-17 19:31:47

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Forever

Eraser says:

"Because it happens, I knew it would, and I was right. There is crazy bias on this site. I don't care how many areas you think that batman is smarter. The thread says who is smarter - Reed, this shouldn't even be a discussion."

Maybe you missed the first thing he said.

Buckshot says:

"Reed easily."

Eraser, you seem to be looking for something that isn't there.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Gloom

Well, I think they are both geniuses in their respective fields. However, if we try to compare just how knowledgeable they are in their aforementioned fields of expertise, I would think Reed is better at Science, Physics, Chemistry, etc. than Bruce is at Criminology, Forensics, Martial Arts, etc. Still, it's sorta up for interpretation IMHO.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By zee crusher

Static Shock says:

"zee crusher says:
"But mr.fantastic in smart in terms of stragegy and crim he could do the same thing he found out gladiator was suped up by technology with out leaving earth he also made a machine to shrink godzilla to make the battle easier he figured out gladiators weakness was in spirit so he really would only lose in combat and forensics."
I don't think Reed's intelligence in strategy and crime stack up to Batman's. Finding out that Gladiator was suped up by technology is irrelevant to those fields. They have nothing to do with strategy or crime. Making a machine to shrink Godzilla falls under science and technology, something that Reed excels in. I doubt Reed's strategical intelligence is greater, for ths simple fact that him and his team were single-handedly and strategically taken down by one man. That man being Black Panther.
Post Edited:2008-01-17 19:31:47"

Making a machine to shring godzilla is strategical because they knew they couldn't do it when he was 100ft and 66,000tons so yeah thats strategy their. Also making a hologram over captain america and his shield so that gladiator would hit it and think captain america is invunerable to every thing he threw at him and make gladiator lose his confidence so that reed could knock him out thats strategy. Losing to bane or lizard or joker then coming back with a plan is strategy yes but it took alot longer to come up with while one of them reed did it during the battle. As for crime how hard would it be for a sciencetist to firgure that possiblities of a murder when hes the smartest man on earth if batman can do it with the technology he has why can't reed???

Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Eraser

Buckshot says:

"Eraser says:
" Because it happens, I knew it would, and I was right. There is crazy bias on this site. I don't care how many areas you think that batman is smarter. The thread says who is smarter - Reed, this shouldn't even be a discussion. "
One person in 3 pages is some *crazy* bias, no doubt. And you're still wrong about the rest of what you wrote. Batman *is* smarter in other areas and while that may not be exactly what the thread starter asked for, since there was no requirements or specifications for "smart", it's all up for grabs. And seeing as that point is valid, there *is* a need, or at least room, for discussion."
I am not talking about just this thread, I am talking about this site. You can spin it any way you want, the way I see it Reed has superior intelligence, Batman may be a better detective or be more street wise etc. You can pick certain aspects of Batmans intellect that may be superior to Reeds, hell you can do that with anybody. I bet I know more about the 1976 Miami Dolphins team stats than Reed, but at the end of the day he has more brain power than I do. I see your point, but its moot. Batman's accomplishments that can attribute to his intelligence do not and cannot compare with Reeds. Thats the bottom line.
Post Edited:2008-01-17 19:45:06
Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Eraser

Forever says:

"Eraser says:
"Because it happens, I knew it would, and I was right. There is crazy bias on this site. I don't care how many areas you think that batman is smarter. The thread says who is smarter - Reed, this shouldn't even be a discussion."
Maybe you missed the first thing he said. Buckshot says:
"Reed easily."
Eraser, you seem to be looking for something that isn't there."

you know what, maybe you are right, I thought this was a case closed deal. Its Batman, should've known.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Static Shock

zee crusher says:

"Making a machine to shring godzilla is strategical because they knew they couldn't do it when he was 100ft and 66,000tons so yeah thats strategy their. Also making a hologram over captain america and his shield so that gladiator would hit it and think captain america is invunerable to every thing he threw at him and make gladiator lose his confidence so that reed could knock him out thats strategy. Losing to bane or lizard or joker then coming back with a plan is strategy yes but it took alot longer to come up with while one of them reed did it during the battle. As for crime how hard would it be for a sciencetist to firgure that possiblities of a murder when hes the smartest man on earth if batman can do it with the technology he has why can't reed???

I never said that Reed was strategically impaired. He just ain't better than Batman in that field. There's is some strategy about making a machine to shrink a giant lizard. That's scientific and technological more often than anything else. And, just because Batman loses a battle to prepare for another doesn't mean anything. That doesn't make him any better than Batman. And, just because Reed is a scientist doesn't mean he's an expert in criminology or forensics. There are different types of scientists, and Reed is not a man of those two fields. That's not what he excels in.

Post Edited:2008-01-17 19:50:09

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By zee crusher

Static Shock says:

"zee crusher says:
"Making a machine to shring godzilla is strategical because they knew they couldn't do it when he was 100ft and 66,000tons so yeah thats strategy their. Also making a hologram over captain america and his shield so that gladiator would hit it and think captain america is invunerable to every thing he threw at him and make gladiator lose his confidence so that reed could knock him out thats strategy. Losing to bane or lizard or joker then coming back with a plan is strategy yes but it took alot longer to come up with while one of them reed did it during the battle. As for crime how hard would it be for a sciencetist to firgure that possiblities of a murder when hes the smartest man on earth if batman can do it with the technology he has why can't reed???
I never said that Reed was strategically impaired. He just ain't better than Batman in that field. There's is some strategy about making a machine to shrink a giant lizard. That's scientific and technological more often than anything else. And, just because Batman loses a battle to prepare for another doesn't mean anything. That doesn't make him any better than Batman. And, just because Reed is a scientist doesn't mean he's an expert in criminology or forensics. There are different types of scientists, and Reed is not a man of those two fields. That's not what he excels in.
Post Edited:2008-01-17 19:50:09"

Its not the fact hes the scientict its the fact hes the smartest man on earth as batman uses technology to figure out crimes and brain power what would reed use his higher technology and his higher lvl of int. And although it may have been scientific to shrink godzilla what you have to look at is the fact he thought of that way to defeat his opponent just as he did to degeat gladiator not his fault most of his stuff come out with science when he uses strategy just like how its not batmans fault he usually has to use close combat fighting to defeat his opponent. reed can do almost anything batman can do basically.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Forever

Eraser says:

"you know what, maybe you are right, I thought this was a case closed deal. Its Batman, should've known."

Youre awfully touchie. Did you see what I said on the top of page three? I clearly stated that it was Reed who was smarter. Buckshot's first words were that it was Reed, so I'm now wondering why you seem to think someone is claiming that Batman is the smarter of the two, when the two people you've quoted share your opinion.

Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Eraser

Forever says:

"Eraser says:
"you know what, maybe you are right, I thought this was a case closed deal. Its Batman, should've known."
Youre awfully touchie. Did you see what I said on the top of page three? I clearly stated that it was Reed who was smarter. Buckshot's first words were that it was Reed, so I'm now wondering why you seem to think someone is claiming that Batman is the smarter of the two, when the two people you've quoted share your opinion."

I am saying there is no comparison. I am not touchie, just still getting used to the D.C nuthuggin. I have gotten use to the fanboys, they make me laugh.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Static Shock

zee crusher says:

"Static Shock says:
"zee crusher says:
"Making a machine to shring godzilla is strategical becausethey knew they couldn't do it when he was 100ft and 66,000tons so yeahthats strategy their. Also making a hologram over captain america andhis shield so that gladiator would hit it and think captain america isinvunerable to every thing he threw at him and make gladiator lose hisconfidence so that reed could knock him out thats strategy. Losing tobane or lizard or joker then coming back with a plan is strategy yesbut it took alot longer to come up with while one of them reed did itduring the battle. As for crime how hard would it be for a sciencetistto firgure that possiblities of a murder when hes the smartest man onearth if batman can do it with the technology he has why can't reed???
Inever said that Reed was strategically impaired. He just ain't betterthan Batman in that field. There's is some strategy about making amachine to shrink a giant lizard. That's scientific and technologicalmore often than anything else. And, just because Batman loses a battleto prepare for another doesn't mean anything. That doesn't make him anybetter than Batman. And, just because Reed is a scientist doesn't meanhe's an expert in criminology or forensics. There are different typesof scientists, and Reed is not a man of those two fields. That's notwhat he excels in.

Its not the fact hes the scientict its the fact hes the smartest man on

earth as batman uses technology to figure out crimes and brain power

what would reed use his higher technology and his higher lvl of int.

And although it may have been scientific to shrink godzilla what you

have to look at is the fact he thought of that way to defeat his

opponent just as he did to degeat gladiator not his fault most of his

stuff come out with science when he uses strategy just like how its not

batmans fault he usually has to use close combat fighting to defeat his

opponent. reed can do almost anything batman can do basically."

It doesn't matter how smart Reed is. He doesn't stack up to Batman in terms of strategy and criminology. Those aren't his strong points. You're defending Reed's strategical ability because you say he's the smartest man on Earth (according to you), but him and his whole team was outsmarted by Black Panther, someone of genius-level intellect. If Reed is so superhumanly smart, how come he was out-strategized by T'Challa?

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zee crusher

Static Shock says:

"zee crusher says:
"Static Shock says:
"zee crusher says:
Its not the fact hes the scientict its the fact hes the smartest man on earth as batman uses technology to figure out crimes and brain power what would reed use his higher technology and his higher lvl of int. And although it may have been scientific to shrink godzilla what you have to look at is the fact he thought of that way to defeat his opponent just as he did to degeat gladiator not his fault most of his stuff come out with science when he uses strategy just like how its not batmans fault he usually has to use close combat fighting to defeat his opponent. reed can do almost anything batman can do basically."
It doesn't matter how smart Reed is. He doesn't stack up to Batman in terms of strategy and criminology. Those aren't his strong points. You're defending Reed's strategical ability because you say he's the smartest man on Earth (according to you), but him and his whole team was outsmarted by Black Panther, someone of genius-level intellect. If Reed is so superhumanly smart, how come he was out-strategized by T'Challa? "

Are you serious i didn't say he was marvel stated reed is the smartest on earth i don't make shit up then you could to and yes he was out smarted by them and batman was out smartesd by a green skinny 7ft version of barney right? His name lizard he was almost outsmarted by joker an insane man whos crazy because his wife died infront of his face how about twoface big mobster is he known for his int? Yeah his team was outsmarted doesn't mean he isn't the smartest man and if reed isn't strategist he really wouldn't be leading this team every now and then and also i think its harder to fight a super skrull alien then it is to fight the peguin now thats me not marvel saying that. So batman may win in crime because hes solved myteries longer but i doubt its not something reed couldn't really do by looking at some clues and using his stuff as for straties saving earth by building the ultimte nulifier to save it from galactus sounds like a strategy to me even if he does believe only in science.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Static Shock

zee crusher says:

"Are you serious i didn't say he was marvel stated reed is the smarteston earth i don't make shit up then you could to and yes he was outsmarted by them and batman was out smartesd by a green skinny 7ftversion of barney right? His name lizard he was almost outsmarted byjoker an insane man whos crazy because his wife died infront of hisface how about twoface big mobster is he known for his int? Yeah histeam was outsmarted doesn't mean he isn't the smartest man and if reedisn't strategist he really wouldn't be leading this team every now andthen and also i think its harder to fight a super skrull alien then itis to fight the peguin now thats me not marvel saying that. So batmanmay win in crime because hes solved myteries longer but i doubt its notsomething reed couldn't really do by looking at some clues and usinghis stuff as for straties saving earth by building the ultimte nulifierto save it from galactus sounds like a strategy to me even if he doesbelieve only in science."

I never said Reed wasn't a Strategist. I said that his strategic skills don't stack up to Batman's. He can be a scientist, but he isn't experienced in crime like Batman is, so you can't assume that Reed could run with that because he's so smart.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By zee crusher

Yeah i admit batman could probably win with the crime due to the fact he would do more then jus the two things i named by to be a strategiest you have to be a masteremind or a genius how ever its spelled and reed exceels in that so in a game a of chest he could crush batman as he would figthing a villian. They however both have their mishaps with peguin the invicible man who had no powers really and many others but they are still strategist. But ones would be better at it.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By speedlgt

Eraser says:

"Forever says:
"Eraser says:
Youre awfully touchie. Did you see what I said on the top of page three? I clearly stated that it was Reed who was smarter. Buckshot's first words were that it was Reed, so I'm now wondering why you seem to think someone is claiming that Batman is the smarter of the two, when the two people you've quoted share your opinion."
I am saying there is no comparison. I am not touchie, just still getting used to the D.C nuthuggin. I have gotten use to the fanboys, they make me laugh. "

Now I am gonna say something based on your comments and state that I feel that on this site there are alot of oh I dont know how to say it "anti-fanboys". what I basically mean by that is there seem to be alot of viners that go out of there way to be against the established top heros for each respected company.

Batman for example gets slamed alot. as does superman. spiderman as well is disprescted, as is captain america. the basic feeling I get is that "lets find a more powerful hero who would never win in a real comic and put him aginst batman to show all the fanboys whats up" some heros get alot of hate and usually it just so happens that those are the heros that the comic world needs the most.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Forever

Eraser says:

"I am saying there is no comparison. I am not touchie, just still getting used to the D.C nuthuggin. I have gotten use to the fanboys, they make me laugh. "

Ok. The fanboys are amusing. But don't forget there are fanboys on both sides. I try to keep my mind open, though I'm definitely more interested in Marvel.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Static Shock

zee crusher says:

"Yeah i admit batman could probably win with the crime due to the facthe would do more then jus the two things i named by to be a strategiestyou have to be a masteremind or a genius how ever its spelled and reedexceels in that so in a game a of chest he could crush batman as hewould figthing a villian. They however both have their mishaps withpeguin the invicible man who had no powers really and many others butthey are still strategist. But ones would be better at it."

Nah. I think Bats would pwn Reed in a game of chess. :P

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By zee crusher

Bet he won't pwn xavier lol.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Static Shock

Maybe if he used his psychic abilities to cheat. LOL.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Apparition

lol whatever. mr fantastic!

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By zee crusher

Static Shock says:

"Maybe if he used his psychic abilities to cheat. LOL."

Exactly what i metn lol.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By kuchiku

batman hes an inventer and a scientist and a combatant and excedra

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Apparition

kuchiku says:

"batman hes an inventer and a scientist and a combatant and excedra"

lol

Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Eraser

kuchiku says:

"batman hes an inventer and a scientist and a combatant and excedra"

lol, I told you, it never fails

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By Methos

thinking about Batman logically...

He's a Polymath: He has studied Biology, Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Mythology, Geography, & History. Gained degrees in Criminal Science, Forensics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Engineering by the time he was 19. He has mastered Diverse Environmental Training, Security Systems, and illusion/sleight of hand by the time he was 23.

He gained even more degrees in Advanced Biology, Advanced Physics, Advanced Chemistry, and Technology by the time he was 25.

He has learned Forensic, Medical Sciences, Expanded Computer and Engineering Sciences, and Expanded Device Pool, use of personal powered armor and system, database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supers; improved material sciences for body armor and micro-machinery by the time he was 26. Has also learned Advanced New Development in Forensic and Medical Sciences.

Multi-lingual: He is able to speak Spanish, French, Latin, German, Japanese, English, Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, and possibly more.

Batman began his physical and mental conditioning when he was 11 and then intense physical training and weight lifting at age 12. He has mastered full body control by the time he was 18. Wayne abstains entirely from drinking alcohol, though he presents Bruce Wayne, his alter ego, as a borderline alcoholic (he creates this illusion by drinking ginger ale and pretending it is champagne). Batman's refusal to drink is directly linked to keeping his body in its absolute best physical condition.

While the acquisition of these skills is greatly facilitated by Wayne's wealth, absolutely none of them require it or are dependent upon it. Take away all of Batman's money and gadgets, and he remains a successful and top martial artist, detective, forensic scientist, profiler, engineer, computer programmer/operator, pilot/driver, linguist, and actor. Mastering just one of these fields is considered a high mark of success in real life.

M

Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Eraser

Methos says:

"thinking about Batman logically... He's a Polymath: He has studied Biology, Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Mythology, Geography, & History. Gained degrees in Criminal Science, Forensics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Engineering by the time he was 19. He has mastered Diverse Environmental Training, Security Systems, and illusion/sleight of hand by the time he was 23. He gained even more degrees in Advanced Biology, Advanced Physics, Advanced Chemistry, and Technology by the time he was 25. He has learned Forensic, Medical Sciences, Expanded Computer and Engineering Sciences, and Expanded Device Pool, use of personal powered armor and system, database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supers; improved material sciences for body armor and micro-machinery by the time he was 26. Has also learned Advanced New Development in Forensic and Medical Sciences. Multi-lingual: He is able to speak Spanish, French, Latin, German, Japanese, English, Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, and possibly more. Batman began his physical and mental conditioning when he was 11 and then intense physical training and weight lifting at age 12. He has mastered full body control by the time he was 18. Wayne abstains entirely from drinking alcohol, though he presents Bruce Wayne, his alter ego, as a borderline alcoholic (he creates this illusion by drinking ginger ale and pretending it is champagne). Batman's refusal to drink is directly linked to keeping his body in its absolute best physical condition. While the acquisition of these skills is greatly facilitated by Wayne's wealth, absolutely none of them require it or are dependent upon it. Take away all of Batman's money and gadgets, and he remains a successful and top martial artist, detective, forensic scientist, profiler, engineer, computer programmer/operator, pilot/driver, linguist, and actor. Mastering just one of these fields is considered a high mark of success in real life. M"

Do really have to list all of Reeds accomplishments, its quite a long list to, long enough to make him a D.C character!

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#78  Edited By goldenshot80
Mr.Fantastic
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By EpitomeofCool

mr. fantastic is way more intelligent than batman.....he could teach a lesson and batman would fail it......

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#80  Edited By charlieboy

reed most definitely.
Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers