#1 Edited by Star_blast (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs iron man Gorilla grodd vs Dr Doom Lex luthor vs Reed Richard Braniac vs The Leader Vandel saveg vs Profesor X Just their smarts no other power. 1-Who wins the VS battle 2-Who is the smarted of them all

#2 Posted by Joygirl (18468 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Doom

Reed

Braniac

Savage

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Batman

Doom

Reed

Braniac

Savage

Waaay off.

  1. Brainiac 5
  2. Doctor Doom/Reed Richards
  3. Batman
  4. Vandal Savage
#4 Posted by Joygirl (18468 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Sorry buddy. it isn't a listing, it's a series of battles. Check the OP again. It's:

Batman vs Iron Man

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Sorry buddy. it isn't a listing, it's a series of battles. Check the OP again. It's:

Batman vs Iron Man

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X

Oh, lol sorry my bad.

Batman vs Iron Man

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X

#6 Posted by Joygirl (18468 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: You consider Charles Xavier to be the intellectual superior to Vandal Savage?

#7 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Bruce smarter than Tony..bias aside

#8 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: You consider Charles Xavier to be the intellectual superior to Vandal Savage?

Idk. I guess that one.

#9 Edited by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs Iron Man

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards

Braniac vs The Leader - Don't know about The Leader, but I'll go with Braniac, since you two did.

Vandal Savage vs Professor X - Same case here (With Vandal Savage).

#10 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4880 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, Doom, Reed, Brainiac and Vandal.

#11 Posted by Chilatenaru (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

How is Bruce smarter than Tony..bias aside

Because outside of engineering, Bruce has Tony outclassed in pretty much every other intellectual department.

#12 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: The one who out smarts them all is Doom.

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Sorry buddy. it isn't a listing, it's a series of battles. Check the OP again. It's:

Batman vs Iron Man (Though it could be a tie)

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards (But Lex is more cunning, but I'm sure Reed can pull it off since he has to handle Doom in alot of situations)

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X (X in a good mood and in a pacifist state would likely lose, but I'ma allow his evil side to take place, and he should definitely win)

#13 Edited by Dextersinister (5762 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Iron Man is incredibly hard to judge as they are good at at different things, Tony would be more creative but Bruce would be would be mentally quicker.

Doom is known more for his intelligence than Grodd.

Lex and Reed are both the smartest men on their Earth's both excelling in all forms of science but Luthor would have the better mind as he is also gifted with extremely high social intelligence where Reed is known for being a poor people person and may possibly have aspergers.

Don't know who the leader is myself.

Vandal, although Prof.X is suppose to be highly intelligent he is rarely written that way.

#14 Edited by Chilatenaru (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

Batman and Iron Man is incredibly hard to judge as they are good at at different things, Tony would be more creative but Bruce would be would be mentally quicker.

Doom is known more for his intelligence than Grodd.

Lex and Reed are both the smartest men on their Earth's both excelling in all forms of science but Luthor would have the better mind as he is also gifted with extremely high social intelligence where Reed is known for being a poor people person and may possibly have aspergers.

Don't know who the leader is myself.

Vandal, although Prof.X is suppose to be highly intelligent he is rarely written that way.

I don't think Tony is more creative than Bruce. A good example is against their own team mates. When Batman developed contingencies to take down his own team he made them specific to each member. He overloaded Superman, used a bullet that took advantage of Flashes own speed and gave him light speed seizures, took advantage of Wonder Woman's pride and how she would never back down and tire herself out etc.

Just like with other villains, when he fought Prometheus for example he took advantage of his own tech and uploaded a virus into it.

When Tony fought World War Hulk, his master plan was to develop a suit that had incredible strength and durability and tried to slug it out with him which ended up badly for Tony. It was the same thing against King Thor, except Tony was given an Asgardian gem which he used to deflect Mjolnir, then he tried to brawl it out with Thor and got beat. His tech is top notch, his ability to utilize and plan his actions,....not so much

#15 Edited by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chilatenaru said:

@Dextersinister said:

Batman and Iron Man is incredibly hard to judge as they are good at at different things, Tony would be more creative but Bruce would be would be mentally quicker.

Doom is known more for his intelligence than Grodd.

Lex and Reed are both the smartest men on their Earth's both excelling in all forms of science but Luthor would have the better mind as he is also gifted with extremely high social intelligence where Reed is known for being a poor people person and may possibly have aspergers.

Don't know who the leader is myself.

Vandal, although Prof.X is suppose to be highly intelligent he is rarely written that way.

I don't think Tony is more creative than Bruce. A good example is against their own team mates. When Batman developed contingencies to take down his own team he made them specific to each member. He overloaded Superman, used a bullet that took advantage of Flashes own speed and gave him light speed seizures, took advantage of Wonder Woman's pride and how she would never back down and tire herself out etc.

Just like with other villains, when he fought Prometheus for example he took advantage of his own tech and uploaded a virus into it.

When Tony fought World War Hulk, his master plan was to develop a suit that had incredible strength and durability and tried to slug it out with him which ended up badly for Tony. It was the same thing against King Thor, except Tony was given an Asgardian gem which he used to deflect Mjolnir, then he tried to brawl it out with Thor and got beat. His tech is top notch, his ability to utilize and plan his actions,....not so much

People sure do overuse the Tower of Babel to say the he can beat anyone. Batman didn't do that himself, Ra Al Ghul stole Wayne's plans and used it against the Justice League.

#16 Posted by Chilatenaru (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

@Chilatenaru said:

@Dextersinister said:

Batman and Iron Man is incredibly hard to judge as they are good at at different things, Tony would be more creative but Bruce would be would be mentally quicker.

Doom is known more for his intelligence than Grodd.

Lex and Reed are both the smartest men on their Earth's both excelling in all forms of science but Luthor would have the better mind as he is also gifted with extremely high social intelligence where Reed is known for being a poor people person and may possibly have aspergers.

Don't know who the leader is myself.

Vandal, although Prof.X is suppose to be highly intelligent he is rarely written that way.

I don't think Tony is more creative than Bruce. A good example is against their own team mates. When Batman developed contingencies to take down his own team he made them specific to each member. He overloaded Superman, used a bullet that took advantage of Flashes own speed and gave him light speed seizures, took advantage of Wonder Woman's pride and how she would never back down and tire herself out etc.

Just like with other villains, when he fought Prometheus for example he took advantage of his own tech and uploaded a virus into it.

When Tony fought World War Hulk, his master plan was to develop a suit that had incredible strength and durability and tried to slug it out with him which ended up badly for Tony. It was the same thing against King Thor, except Tony was given an Asgardian gem which he used to deflect Mjolnir, then he tried to brawl it out with Thor and got beat. His tech is top notch, his ability to utilize and plan his actions,....not so much

People sure do overuse the Tower of Babel to say the he can beat anyone. Batman didn't do that himself, Ra Al Ghul stole Wayne's plans and used it against the Justice League.

Bruce developed the plans, Ra's only used him, they were still Batman's contingencies and methods that HE came up with and developed.

#17 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@Joygirl: The one who out smarts them all is Doom.

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Sorry buddy. it isn't a listing, it's a series of battles. Check the OP again. It's:

Batman vs Iron Man (Though it could be a tie)

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards (But Lex is more cunning, but I'm sure Reed can pull it off since he has to handle Doom in alot of situations)

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X (X in a good mood and in a pacifist state would likely lose, but I'ma allow his evil side to take place, and he should definitely win)

Evil side Xavier?

#18 Posted by Star_blast (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Dr doom Lex luthor Brainiac Vandal saveg Smartest of them is braniac

#19 Edited by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs iron man

Gorilla grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richard

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandel saveg vs Profesor X

It s a hard call for Batman and Ironman; Batman has built suits in the past but does not have an answer to Tony's reactor, but beyond that they seem to be close in Physics, Chemistry and various forms of Engineering. Batman might appear to rely an biology as well, but I can't imagine Tony working with a cybernetic suit or his reactor without understanding biology to a certain level. But Batman has some points outside of science and engineering. He is a tactician (though it seems like everyone is in their own comics or from time to time), detective, and psychology.

#20 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

How is Bruce smarter than Tony..bias aside

Tactically, deductively, strategically,

#21 Edited by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@Joygirl: The one who out smarts them all is Doom.

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Sorry buddy. it isn't a listing, it's a series of battles. Check the OP again. It's:

Batman vs Iron Man (Though it could be a tie)

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards (But Lex is more cunning, but I'm sure Reed can pull it off since he has to handle Doom in alot of situations)

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X (X in a good mood and in a pacifist state would likely lose, but I'ma allow his evil side to take place, and he should definitely win)

Evil side Xavier?

Yes, the Evil side.....

#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@Joygirl: The one who out smarts them all is Doom.

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Sorry buddy. it isn't a listing, it's a series of battles. Check the OP again. It's:

Batman vs Iron Man (Though it could be a tie)

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards (But Lex is more cunning, but I'm sure Reed can pull it off since he has to handle Doom in alot of situations)

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X (X in a good mood and in a pacifist state would likely lose, but I'ma allow his evil side to take place, and he should definitely win)

Evil side Xavier?

Yes, the Evil side.....

That's Onslaught...not Xavier...

#23 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@Joygirl: The one who out smarts them all is Doom.

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Sorry buddy. it isn't a listing, it's a series of battles. Check the OP again. It's:

Batman vs Iron Man (Though it could be a tie)

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards (But Lex is more cunning, but I'm sure Reed can pull it off since he has to handle Doom in alot of situations)

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X (X in a good mood and in a pacifist state would likely lose, but I'ma allow his evil side to take place, and he should definitely win)

Evil side Xavier?

Yes, the Evil side.....

That's Onslaught...not Xavier...

Onslaught is Xavier.

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSecondOpinion said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@Joygirl: The one who out smarts them all is Doom.

@Joygirl said:

@jeanroygrant: Sorry buddy. it isn't a listing, it's a series of battles. Check the OP again. It's:

Batman vs Iron Man (Though it could be a tie)

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards (But Lex is more cunning, but I'm sure Reed can pull it off since he has to handle Doom in alot of situations)

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X (X in a good mood and in a pacifist state would likely lose, but I'ma allow his evil side to take place, and he should definitely win)

Evil side Xavier?

Yes, the Evil side.....

That's Onslaught...not Xavier...

Onslaught is Xavier.

I know.

#25 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#26 Edited by X_insignia1 (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

How is Bruce smarter than Tony..bias aside

this

but Bruce does surpass him in other departments, save engineering, so it seems split imo. Hard to judge.

*edit, now that it think about it, this topic is very vague, perhaps there should be different categories in regards to their "smarts"?

#27 Posted by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs Iron Man

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards

Braniac vs The Leader

Vandal Savage vs Professor X

#28 Posted by Dextersinister (5762 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor overall as he is gifted in all forms of intelligence, some of the listed characters are severly lacking in social intelligence.

#29 Edited by Omnicrono (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chilatenaru said:

@society619 said:

How is Bruce smarter than Tony..bias aside

Because outside of engineering, Bruce has Tony outclassed in pretty much every other intellectual department.

This.

And so...

- Iron Man vs. Batman

- Gorilla Grodd vs. Doctor Doom

- Reed Richards vs. Lex Luthor (I'm somewhat playing devil's advocate here, but I do think it is a close one.)

- The Leader vs. Brainaic

- Vandal Savage vs. Charles Xavier (I would have to assume, since he can read minds, that he can know everything Savage knows and then some.)

#30 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs Iron Man

Both looks like same, but completely different character. Stark is pure genius, Bruce worked hard to learn.

Gorilla Grodd vs Dr Doom

Doom of course.

Lex luthor vs Reed Richards

Lex, he is smarter overall.

Braniac vs The Leader

self explanatory

Vandal Savage vs Professor X

#31 Posted by thefusescape (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Chuck Norris.

#32 Posted by Omnicrono (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefusescape said:

Chuck Norris.

Hmm, I see your point.