Who in real life can beat Bane? (Nolan)

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Navajaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Navajaz

no prep, no weapons, ring match

No Caption Provided

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Cena. Big show. Brock lesner. The rock. Cm punk. Daniel brian. So many.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of Ufc Fighters

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now this is actually a tough a** match.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike Tyson in his prime.

Kimbo Slice could if he could control his breathing.

Michael Jai White could probably win.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatemalingsia

Heavyweight MMA champions or just someone really buffed and know how to win a street fight.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Putin would ultramudercurbstomp him.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh. Somanyppl.

fv5v7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no one

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any mma fighter. Since movie bane is played by an actor who doesn't know how to figh.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike Tyson at his prime, those Asians/Russians you see on YouTube, and John Cena.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

• Putin in his prime
  • Muhammad Ali in his prime
  • Mike Tyson in his prime
  • Current Brock Lesnar
  • John Cena in his prime
LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Tyson can't win, Bane will just grapple him, even though Tyson's speed is superior and would easily be able to dodge hits.

Bane can just pin him to the ground and pummel Tyson.

Boxers are too restricted in their styles to win this, we'd have to look at the top MMA fighters in the world.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Chuck Norris

Gilad_the_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any goon that knows how to fire a gun.

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anderson silva, Jon jones and The actor of yuri boyka

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee8c9da928
deactivated-5aeee8c9da928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manny pacquiao.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n said:

John Cena. Big show. Brock lesner. The rock. Cm punk. Daniel brian. So many.

@bo88gdan said:

Most of Ufc Fighters

@guardiandevil83 said:

Mike Tyson in his prime.

Kimbo Slice could if he could control his breathing.

Michael Jai White could probably win.

@dajhonmccloud said:

Anderson silva, Jon jones and The actor of yuri boyka

@mikasaackerman said:

Manny pacquiao.

@luckystrike said:

Prime Tyson can't win, Bane will just grapple him, even though Tyson's speed is superior and would easily be able to dodge hits.

Bane can just pin him to the ground and pummel Tyson.

Boxers are too restricted in their styles to win this, we'd have to look at the top MMA fighters in the world.

@aee said:

Mike Tyson at his prime, those Asians/Russians you see on YouTube, and John Cena.

No real life fighter would stand a chance.

I have no idea why people think they would considering the Batman movies defy our reality - they are completely unrealistic, and a human from our reality is bound by realism.

Any real life fighter gets stomped. Even a weaker and less impressive Nolan version stomps a UFC fighter into bits.

These type of threads aren't allowed either.

@saren@renchamp@deranged_midget@bumpyboo @sc

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Randy Marsh

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: What did Bane do in that movie that was unrealistic? He and batman both fought like trash. The only good combination bane did was when he had batman pinned against the pillar at the end. that combo looked like a tyson combo.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@juzacloud: It doesn't matter how they fought - it's what both accomplished, Batman's fighting style was KFM (which took cinematic liberty). Results > aesthetics, Batman got things done and didn't prance about. And by the way - the choreography was slowed down in TDKR, Batman and Bane weren't any slower (the director acknowledged this).

Batman over the course of the trilogy beat 12 men in 21 seconds; beat down Ninja's, fought on par with Ra's Al Ghul, took out a SWAT team and beat down mercenary teams.

But take the 12 men feat, no real life fighter can accomplish that. They most certainly cannot accomplish that with heavy armor which slows them down. This is unrealistic. And essentially Bane beat on Batman both times.

that combo looked like a tyson combo.

No, it didn't.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: What did Bane do in that movie that was unrealistic? He and batman both fought like trash. The only good combination bane did was when he had batman pinned against the pillar at the end. that combo looked like a tyson combo.

Agreed, Tyson is even faster that that, if it was just boxing, bane would have a hard time touching Tyson. @juzacloud take a look at tysons speed and anticipation, tell me that bane can match it.

I still don't think tyson can win this fight, just that he's way faster than bane.

Loading Video...

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Frozen:

How dare you underestimate john cena and THE OTHERS. There was nothing awesome about bane in the movie.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@luckystrike: Bane is much faster than Tyson. As I said, the director didn't make the character slower - he slowed down the camera

Your example is a gross generalization. You are applying a tournament based fighting style to real life, street fighting; Boxing has regulations, 12 three minute rounds with short breaks and a referee to judge - and essentially prime Mike Tyson never beat a great fighter in his prime.

Mike Tyson's record is actually full of people he beat that were not that notable - that's why he pales in comparison to real greats, such as Muhammad Ali.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: You have NO IDEA what your talking about. SILVA let alone jon Jones would put bane on his ass. Silva has unreal (real life) reflexes, jones is stupidly strong

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@dajhonmccloud said:

@frozen: You have NO IDEA what your talking about. SILVA let alone jon Jones would put bane on his ass. Silva has unreal (real life) reflexes, jones is stupidly strong

I have EVERY idea of what I'm talking about, I have Boxed for atleast a decade. UFC fighters don't compare to fictional movie characters unless that character is uber realistic - Bane and Batman are not.

None of the UFC fighters are capable of beating down 12 men in 21 seconds (far, far faster than anything a UFC fighter can produce). None of them are capable of beating down 4 Ninja's. None of them are capable of healing a broken back in a matter of months with no medical resource. Bane beat a man that accomplished this.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@juzacloud: It doesn't matter how they fought - it's what both accomplished, Batman's fighting style was KFM (which took cinematic liberty). Results > aesthetics, Batman got things done and didn't prance about. And by the way - the choreography was slowed down in TDKR, Batman and Bane weren't any slower (the director acknowledged this).

Batman over the course of the trilogy beat 12 men in 21 seconds; beat down Ninja's, fought on par with Ra's Al Ghul, took out a SWAT team and beat down mercenary teams.

But take the 12 men feat, no real life fighter can accomplish that. They most certainly cannot accomplish that with heavy armor which slows them down. This is unrealistic. And essentially Bane beat on Batman both times.

that combo looked like a tyson combo.

No, it didn't.

Joker negates all that by having batman pinned down on top of him in The Dark Knight movie.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frozen  Moderator

@Frozen:

How dare you underestimate john cena and THE OTHERS. There was nothing awesome about bane in the movie.

I don't care what you think about what's awesome and isn't. That has NO relevance on the ability of a character.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistically, no one should be able to survive a punch which can shatter concrete.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Band has the Frozen Force

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Tony Jaa
Tony Jaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: What makes you think movie feats eqaul up to real life? If Batman even tried all of that fake choreography in real life he would get stuck in the mouth because real life show superior Speed and other physical moves that actually make sense 2 movies

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frozen  Moderator

@juzacloud: What a nonsense argument.

He knocked Batman back with a bar after Batman's sonar had disrupted his vision.

Loading Video...

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

Bruce Lee stands a good chance. Frank Mir as well. Anyone with a lot of real life martial arts training would stand a good chance.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Band has the Frozen Force

I assume you mean Bane, not Band.

Just applying critical thinking.

But Frozen Force is indeed formidable.

@dajhonmccloud said:

@frozen: What makes you think movie feats eqaul up to real life? If Batman even tried all of that fake choreography in real life he would get stuck in the mouth because real life show superior Speed and other physical moves that actually make sense 2 movies

Man, please tell me you're joking with this?

Batman isn't supposed to be real. That's the point. He can do all that crap in the film.

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say. Anyone who can beat Batman is outside the scope of real life men, but Bruce was weaker in TDKR. Perhaps some of the world's top fighters could take him, but it's arguable.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Thats my fault. I forgot there was a bar above batman

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 frozen  Moderator

Hard to say. Anyone who can beat Batman is outside the scope of real life men, but Bruce was weaker in TDKR. Perhaps some of the world's top fighters could take him, but it's arguable.

He was before the pit - but not after it.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muay fighters come to mind. I don't think a grappler would do well. The last thing you want to do is allow him to get a hold of you. He's too strong for arm bars and such. Perhaps a boxer that could keep his distance.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

Bruce Lee stands a good chance. Frank Mir as well. Anyone with a lot of real life martial arts training would stand a good chance.

The real life Bruce Lee doesn't - movie fictional Bruce Lee stomps Bane. It's not a matter of martial arts, though.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LuckyStrike

@frozen said:

@luckystrike: Bane is much faster than Tyson.

If you we're to count Banes fastest combo in real time, it would be less strikes per second than many of Tysons, In-fact I'd need to slow a video down to accurately count Tysons strikes.

Bane's just more powerful, a better fighter and has better endurance.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 frozen  Moderator

@mtuske: Boxers who keep their range are better suited to the rules of the ring - they are more adept to racking up points and keeping distance with a long jab.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I don't do people favors or make jokes. If all that slow movement were brought over to real life they would get destroyed how can Batman or bane stop ahead kick that is coming way too fast for them to react too.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator

@luckystrike: Two points.

Firstly, it's not really the best comparison to make. Mike Tyson, has 12 rounds in the ring and a clear space to land punches. If he were to street fight, he wouldn't need anywhere near as much as you see in Boxing. Fundamental of Boxing for self-defense is that one punch is all it takes.

Secondly, as I said: And by the way - the choreography was slowed down in TDKR, Batman and Bane weren't any slower (the director acknowledged this).

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

@frozen: Yea I understand the stats behind Bane and his strengths. I don't think they would win, if that's what you were thinking.

I just feel the only ones who stand a chance would need to be trained in many areas of martial arts. Bane will always be stronger and likely faster but someone with enough skill could give him a good fight.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

None can... Stop trolling... No man can survive so many hits that Bane took.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@dajhonmccloud said:

@frozen: I don't do people favors or make jokes. If all that slow movement were brought over to real life they would get destroyed how can Batman or bane stop ahead kick that is coming way too fast for them to react too.

Again, I will make this point again:

the choreography was slowed down in TDKR, Batman and Bane weren't any slower (the director acknowledged this).

This is how fast Batman was from a criminal perspective. The fast cross-cutting camera shots and lack of vision represents how criminals saw Batman; he was very fast.

Which real life fighter can beat 12 men in 21 seconds? None

Loading Video...

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I'm more thinking trying to break that mask or get a lucky KO shot. I'm quite sure a pro boxer punches harder than Bats especially without gloves. The Muay Thai fighters can snap his legs. Bane would be favored in most fights but he's not unbeatable in the real world.