• 87 results
Posted by TheTruthIII (922 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Who has the best DURABILITY (Marvel/DC)? (91 votes)

Juggernaut 52%
Silver Surfer 7%
Superman 8%
Hulk 5%
Doomsday 5%
The Destroyer 22%
Solomon Grundy 0%
Thor 1%

Important: Each and every character is the classical version. No pumped up kinds like H/P Doomsday or Trion Juggernaut.

If you think of another character that is superior to all answer choices, just vote with the choices given, and post what character you have in mind.

If you voted, please explain why?

#51 Posted by leonkarlen123 (5636 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy could regnerate himself. Which Jugg can't, a

#52 Posted by MonsterStomp (20546 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@monsterstomp said:

@thetruthiii said:

@monsterstomp said:

Marvel's durability is to DC's speed.

Hmmm.... maybe I'll do a poll of that next...lol

Would be interesting. More so if you don't add Wally lol.

That's okay; Zoom stomps the sh!t out of Wally(and everyone else) anyway, haha.

Well Zoom actually manipulates time. I don't think that's fair.

#53 Edited by MonsterStomp (20546 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

I would consider telepathy to be Marvels speed. Speedsters are incredibly common in DC, telepaths are incredibly common in Marvel.

Enhanced durability is just a standard power in every superhero setting.

DC is just about equal in telepaths and magic users as Marvel.

#54 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5065 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people are so intent on picking the Juggernaut, when he's only immune to physical harm. The OP stipulates who has the best durability showings in general, not to a specific category.

The Destroyer would honestly be more durable overall than Juggernaut and is practically as invulnerable as Juggernaut. Nothing short of a celestial has done any damage to it whatsoever.

Juggernaut, on the other hand, has been affected by a psi-bolt by Jean Grey as Marvel Girl, with his helmet on, and was nearly killed by a uni-powered Silver Surfer (pre-Annihilation Buff).

Pretty much this, classic Psylocke did the same thing as well.

#55 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001:

Wow, that's a pretty impressive feat for Betsy. You know what comic that is from?

#56 Posted by pooty (11731 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: King Thor also destroyed The Destroyer armor when Desak was in it. I think skyfather or above can destroy the armor. IMO it takes more then skyfather to destroy Juggs

#57 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5065 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@sovereign91001: King Thor also destroyed The Destroyer armor when Desak was in it. I think skyfather or above can destroy the armor. IMO it takes more then skyfather to destroy Juggs

If I remember correctly, all Thor did was knock off the Destroyer's head, which kills Desak, because he fused with the armor. The armor is fine afterwards.

@omgomgwtfwtf: Uncanny X-Men 218

Thanks. I will take a look at that.

#59 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5065 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: overall I'd place the armor over Juggy, it has more consistent showings at a higer level Juggs has been taken down by people below his tier, time and again.

#60 Edited by pooty (11731 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: @omgomgwtfwtf: I can't remember the fine details. But if they were fused and you knock off the head, wouldn't that include the destroyer head? I have to agree that Destroyer has high level showings.But who are these people BELOW his tier that has affected Juggs durability?

#61 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5065 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: The most recent instance I can remember off the top of my head was in Thunderbolts Thor and Cage beat him down pretty hard.

#62 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

Affected how? Jean Grey and Psylocke have bypassed his durability and assaulted him mentally, even with his helmet on. I don't know every instance with the Juggernaut in it, but there was the instance with War Hulk in mind, where he was going to decapitate him.

We also know that magic can affect him as well.

As for the Destroyer being decapitated, if that happened under normal circumstances, it probably wouldn't faze the armor. Desak fused with the armor and became it, so its head became his head. However, that story was a little weird, given that Desak was already a match for Thor, prior to fusing to the armor, so its really odd how he loses to Thor (who has lost to a normal destroyer armor in like nearly every scenario).

EDIT: Another instance I can think of where the Juggernaut gets beaten is with Skaar. Skaar was able to send him flying and actually broke his armor.

#63 Edited by pooty (11731 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: I remember the incident with WWH and I don't think a sword can cut off Juggs head. Even in WWH hands. But overall, Destroyer is more durable

@pooty: The most recent instance I can remember off the top of my head was in Thunderbolts Thor and Cage beat him down pretty hard.

After Juggs became Kuurth, I have no idea what happened to him. Is he the avatar for Cytorak again? Do you know what issues he got his power back? Thanks

#64 Posted by TheTruthIII (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

Affected how? Jean Grey and Psylocke have bypassed his durability and assaulted him mentally, even with his helmet on. I don't know every instance with the Juggernaut in it, but there was the instance with War Hulk in mind, where he was going to decapitate him.

We also know that magic can affect him as well.

As for the Destroyer being decapitated, if that happened under normal circumstances, it probably wouldn't faze the armor. Desak fused with the armor and became it, so its head became his head. However, that story was a little weird, given that Desak was already a match for Thor, prior to fusing to the armor, so its really odd how he loses to Thor (who has lost to a normal destroyer armor in like nearly every scenario).

EDIT: Another instance I can think of where the Juggernaut gets beaten is with Skaar. Skaar was able to send him flying and actually broke his armor.

Don't get the idea that I'm biased in my own thread, but...... Skaar was only able to break the Juggernauts armor because Juggs was off the ground, so most of his abilities were noid (Skaar & Bruce Banner actually mentioned it in the comic)

#65 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

I'm talking about War Hulk, the horseman of apocalypse. He had a sword, or an axe, (I can't really remember) and was going to chop off Juggernaut's head.

@thetruthiii:

I understand where you're coming from, but the Juggernaut's powers defy physics. He has been able to run in space before.

My point is that there are more bad showings of Juggernaut than there for the Destroyer in general.

The Juggernaut also has weaknesses that the destroyer doesn't have, such as telepathy.

#66 Posted by TheTruthIII (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: Hmmmm.... I'll leave the choice of whether that comment is correct or not to someone else. But yes, the Destroyer does have some good feats (except for the time he was turned into oatmeal by a couple Celestials lol)

#67 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii:

Celestials created the multiverse, so I wouldn't consider that a low showing :D

#68 Posted by TheTruthIII (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii:

Celestials created the multiverse, so I wouldn't consider that a low showing :D

Wwwhhhhaaaaaaaattttt????? You mean the multiverse, the main-stream one? Must've missed that...

#69 Edited by Dextersinister (6515 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister said:
@monsterstomp said:

I would consider telepathy to be Marvels speed. Speedsters are incredibly common in DC, telepaths are incredibly common in Marvel.

Marvel has vastly more named characters with telepathy. When the Martian Manhunter is your most famous telepath and Quicksilver your most famous speedster it really highlights the gap.

#70 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii:

It was shown in X-treme X-Men #12, that the Celestials created the multiverse to imprison their own creations, the Exterminators, after they shaped all of creation. The Exterminators are the precursors to the Death Seeds, which the Celestial use to bring death and destruction.

#71 Posted by TheTruthIII (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: But was it the mainstream multiverse (I thought TOAA did that)? If so, then the Celestials have been seriously undermined in some comics.

#72 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

But was it the mainstream multiverse (I thought TOAA did that)? If so, then the Celestials have been seriously undermined in some comics.

There is only one multiverse, there aren't alternate ones. The multiverse existed as a single universe, until the Celestials separated it, in order to contain the Exterminators, their creations, within the space which separated each universe.

#73 Posted by MonsterStomp (20546 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@dextersinister said:
@monsterstomp said:

Marvel has vastly more named characters with telepathy. When the Martian Manhunter is your most famous telepath and Quicksilver your most famous speedster it really highlights the gap.

More named doesn't equal power. Martain Manhunter and Despero are DC's top tp's.

#74 Posted by TheTruthIII (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii said:

But was it the mainstream multiverse (I thought TOAA did that)? If so, then the Celestials have been seriously undermined in some comics.

There is only one multiverse, there aren't alternate ones. The multiverse existed as a single universe, until the Celestials separated it, in order to contain the Exterminators, their creations, within the space which separated each universe.

Actually, I'm pretty almost certainly sure that the Omniverse is the biggest, then megaverse, then multiverse.

#75 Posted by SheenLantern (6909 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@thetruthiii said:

Actually, I'm pretty almost certainly sure that the Omniverse is the biggest, then megaverse, then multiverse.

They're all the same thing...

#76 Edited by Sovereign91001 (5065 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: I remember the incident with WWH and I don't think a sword can cut off Juggs head. Even in WWH hands. But overall, Destroyer is more durable

@sovereign91001 said:

After Juggs became Kuurth, I have no idea what happened to him. Is he the avatar for Cytorak again? Do you know what issues he got his power back? Thanks

I'm not sure, I don't follow Juggy with any sort of regularity, I just know what I've seen in the comics I've read.

#77 Posted by HellionVulcan (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

Depowered Juggernaut no where close to Classic Juggernaut at all lol .

#78 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggs can't be physically hurt.

#79 Posted by Cooldes (4192 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: they're not though .-.

Multiverse only implies multiple verses, as im, there could be 2

mega verse is actually another way of saying mutiverse so you win that one.

but omniverse, literally means ALL of them. regardless of anything. as in, us, dc, marvel, earth 1, 616, earth prime, ultimate, invincible, call of duty, halo, dust 514, elder scrolls verse, gow, dragon age, percy jackson, wheel of time, everything. All verses.

#80 Edited by BladeNB (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut hands down

#81 Posted by pooty (11731 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 said:

I don't know the current situation with Juggs. After "Fear Itself" what happened with him? Issue numbers if you know. or a summary. thanks

#82 Edited by HellionVulcan (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@hellionvulcan said:

@sovereign91001 said:

I don't know the current situation with Juggs. After "Fear Itself" what happened with him? Issue numbers if you know. or a summary. thanks

Well fear itself Juggernaut was a member of the thunderbolts but was depowered enough so that Luke cage could hurt him ,he could also drown be hurt by knifes pretty much the opposite of the real Juggernaut .Read Thunderbolts #144 to #160 thats what i got by a quick search http://www.comicvine.com/thunderbolts/4050-18128/

& he was left on some field with the last remaining power he had destroying stuff before it was gone ..

#83 Edited by beatboks1 (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

King Thor >>>>>> than Normal Thor and normal Classic Thor has hurt Juggernaut so even if this was destroyer (which it's not) how does Destroyer being harmed by a more powerful version of a character than has harmed Jugg's make it less durable??

Before anyone asks I'll look for the issue but Thor once used Mjilnor to cut Jugg's off from the power of Cyttorak and then hurt him.

The destroyer armor is also not it's full durability when it is actually worn/merged with another. On it's own no damage actually done to it really has any lasting affect as it just reforms almost instantly and keeps on kicking @$$. When someone is merged with it any damage is actually done to the merged being so not so much

#84 Posted by pooty (11731 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Thor has never hurt Juggs when juggs was at full power. The PIS moment you speak of is when Thor had mjolnir cut off Juggs power for 60 seconds. Thor hammered on juggs for 60 seconds and still couldnt put him down. If juggs was depowered one hit should have ko'ed him. but Juggs has survived being reduced to a skeleton. he just heals and reforms also. And when Desak was in the armor he had already killed multiple skyfathers and entire patheons of gods. I also said Destroyer is more durable TWICE in this thread and someone already clarified about the Destroyer being weaker when merged. All these points have been settled already

#85 Posted by SheenLantern (6909 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@sheenlantern: they're not though .-.

Multiverse only implies multiple verses, as im, there could be 2

mega verse is actually another way of saying mutiverse so you win that one.

but omniverse, literally means ALL of them. regardless of anything. as in, us, dc, marvel, earth 1, 616, earth prime, ultimate, invincible, call of duty, halo, dust 514, elder scrolls verse, gow, dragon age, percy jackson, wheel of time, everything. All verses.

These all fall within the purview of a multiverse, also.

#86 Posted by Cyclonus_The_Warrior (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: It was Thor 429. Thor was able to remove Juggernaut's force field for a minute, but it wasn't enough time to put Juggernaut down.

#87 Edited by darkseid1006 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut then Destroyer or Doomsday