• 87 results
Posted by TheTruthIII (846 posts) 10 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Who has the best DURABILITY (Marvel/DC)? (91 votes)

Juggernaut 52%
Silver Surfer 7%
Superman 8%
Hulk 5%
Doomsday 5%
The Destroyer 22%
Solomon Grundy 0%
Thor 1%

Important: Each and every character is the classical version. No pumped up kinds like H/P Doomsday or Trion Juggernaut.

If you think of another character that is superior to all answer choices, just vote with the choices given, and post what character you have in mind.

If you voted, please explain why?

#1 Posted by Cooldes (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut and i'll provide some scans if you want, but he is literally IMMUNE to physical damage.

#2 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, Juggster it is. After him would be... either The Destroyer or Doomsday IMO.

#3 Posted by TheTruthIII (846 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

Juggernaut and i'll provide some scans if you want, but he is literally IMMUNE to physical damage.

Does that include far-ranged attacks, energy blasts and telepathy? (just curious)

#4 Posted by MonsterStomp (18135 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's durability is to DC's speed.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (42531 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much.

#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21893 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Obviously..

#7 Posted by TheTruthIII (846 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.... maybe I'll do a poll of that next...lol

#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (18135 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

Would be interesting. More so if you don't add Wally lol.

#9 Edited by Cooldes (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii: yes, yes, and no. his helmet protects him from telepathy iirc.

I have some juggernaut durability feats if you'd like to see

#10 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer, as far as I can remember, has only ever been harmed by the Celestials

#11 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii said:

@monsterstomp said:

Superman wins =P

if Superman is also out then probably Green Lantern. Or Shazam.

UNLESS!!! he has Silver Surfer in it. He's second to The Flashes in terms of speed in comic-dom.

#12 Posted by Pope052 (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes:

I'd love to see those scans, if you wouldn't mind.

#13 Edited by MonsterStomp (18135 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: I love how Green Lanterns speed is overlooked a lot. He's insanely fast.

#14 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: I love how Green Lanterns speed is overlooked a lot. He's insanely fast.

Yeah. Aren't all Lanterns equally fast though? I mean, it's got everything to do with the rings, which are practically the same for all Lanterns. I believe they're all confirmed FTLs.

#15 Posted by patrat18 (9800 posts) - - Show Bio

Nuff said.

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (18135 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

Yeah. Aren't all Lanterns equally fast though? I mean, it's got everything to do with the rings, which are practically the same for all Lanterns. I believe they're all confirmed FTLs.

I don't know. I mean Hal and Kyle both have will that isn't even comparable to fodder.

#17 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

I don't know. I mean Hal and Kyle both have will that isn't even comparable to fodder.

Yeah, true, but does the travel speed really has anything to do with the willpower? I'm not sure.

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (18135 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

Yeah, true, but does the travel speed really has anything to do with the willpower? I'm not sure.

Good question. I wouldn't know either. I was just going by speed feats.

#19 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put Thanos and Mangog over everyone in the list with possible exception to the Destroyer. I"m interested with what @killemall thinks?

#20 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

can trion Juggernaut be harmed by Celestials ?

#21 Posted by ShadoVvlite (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut, if he moves.

#22 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

There must be some Sinestro speed feats somewhere... or Larfleeze, or Atrocitus... any different colored Lantern would do to test it.

#23 Edited by Cooldes (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

tanks thor lightning and thor blast(not sure if it counts as a godblast but w.e.)

#24 Posted by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut and H/P Doomsday tie.

#25 Edited by Cooldes (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

explains to thor that nothing can hurt him, while tanking a mjolnir toss

#26 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut

#27 Posted by Cooldes (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

tanks a blast that could rip a planet in half. Read scan

#28 Posted by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

There must be some Sinestro speed feats somewhere... or Larfleeze, or Atrocitus... any different colored Lantern would do to test it.

Lantern's speed feats are mostly travel feats, although Hal does have some feats of using his constructs to catch Zoom

#29 Posted by Cooldes (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

comes back from a skeleton.

(i hear he did this twice)

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (13720 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

tanks a blast that could rip a planet in half. Read scan

Is that Cyclops?

#31 Edited by Cooldes (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: @thetruthiii:

there you go, scans for proof, if that's good enough to show that juggernaut wins this lol

#32 Posted by Cooldes (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

@bo88gdan: that depends on if you think celestials are > cytoraak. I think they are so i'd say yes.

#33 Posted by whacknasty (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Shaggy Man / General Eiling deserves a nod from the DC side? Of the ones listed, I'd go with either Juggs or the Destroyer armor I think...

#34 Edited by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put Thanos and Mangog over everyone in the list with possible exception to the Destroyer. I"m interested with what @killemall thinks?

Well they are all in the same league anyways, Thanos, Mangog and Destroyer, if anything Thanos is easier to injure than the other two.

Purely physical durability, specially if slashing attacks are involved, both of them are superior to Thanos. Mangog and Destroyer are just too close to call, although Mangog has a weakness, he is vulnerable from the inside out.

#35 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

@the_red_viper said:

@monsterstomp said:

Lantern's speed feats are mostly travel feats, although Hal does have some feats of using his constructs to catch Zoom

Yeah that's mostly what we were talking about.

At least I was =P

#36 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17665 posts) - - Show Bio

Light Hawk Wings and Dispel Bound

#37 Posted by Shawnbaby (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos Deserves a mention when it comes to Durability.

Of those Listed, Juggy and Destroyer reign supreme.

#38 Posted by beatboks1 (7240 posts) - - Show Bio

On this list

1 Destroyer

2 Juggs

3 surfer and Doomsday tie

5 Thor/ Superman/ Hulk too damn close to call

WTF is Grundy doing here there are dozens in both companies above him

#39 Posted by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaunt is obviously winning, I instantly knew that before I voted.

#40 Posted by XiiX (8320 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii said:

@monsterstomp said:

That's okay; Zoom stomps the sh!t out of Wally(and everyone else) anyway, haha.

#41 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4337 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, Juggster it is. After him would be... either The Destroyer or Doomsday IMO.

ha.exactly this. this is what was in my head and was going to type it, then scrolled down and.....................weird.

#42 Posted by GhostRavage (8970 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very true mate.

#43 Edited by TheTruthIII (846 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Yeah, about Grundy.... he's big, muscular and zombified, so he seemed good enough. Plus, he was all I had on the spot..

#44 Posted by RetconCrisis (3901 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut with HP DD in close second.

#45 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

ha.exactly this. this is what was in my head and was going to type it, then scrolled down and.....................weird.

Great minds think alike.

#46 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people are so intent on picking the Juggernaut, when he's only immune to physical harm. The OP stipulates who has the best durability showings in general, not to a specific category.

The Destroyer would honestly be more durable overall than Juggernaut and is practically as invulnerable as Juggernaut. Nothing short of a celestial has done any damage to it whatsoever.

Juggernaut, on the other hand, has been affected by a psi-bolt by Jean Grey as Marvel Girl, with his helmet on, and was nearly killed by a uni-powered Silver Surfer (pre-Annihilation Buff).

#47 Posted by Iragexcudder (4924 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova Prime crashed through a Neutron Star which is the spherical size of Brooklyn and as dense as earth. Basically a grain of said would weigh as much as a neutron star, he came out unharmed. He also went through 4 black holes at once

#48 Posted by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

I would consider telepathy to be Marvels speed. Speedsters are incredibly common in DC, telepaths are incredibly common in Marvel.

Enhanced durability is just a standard power in every superhero setting.

#49 Posted by Pierpat (2695 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut stomps everyone, does not stop and goes to take a coffee.

#50 Posted by lowlaville (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

When he is in his zone, Juggernaut solostomps durability. xD