• 85 results
#1 Edited by spidermanandsuperman (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Who could beat a bloodlusted doctor who has one year prep of the opponent. The opponent also gets one year prep of the doctor. So who could beat the doctor under these circumstances?

#2 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody...

#3 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

One year of prep and no morals?

Universe busting civilizations have fallen before under less prep, when he *had* morals.

#4 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

White, Green, Dark Phoenix

Though Robot, Superman One Million, Cthulhu and any kind of god from The Cthulhu Mythos, Fully-Powered Galactus, Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet and HOTU,

#5 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture: Mmm not really.

Not with a year's prep and no morals, especially not with the defeat of guys like Omega who literally willed an entire universe to serve him, and the Time Lords and Daleks when both could casually destroy universes and rewrite reality on a massive scale during the Last Great Time War under his belt.

#6 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Even that one god in Cthulhu that was all universes and a multiverse was an ant to him. I find that very hard to believe he is good but not that good

#7 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture: Dr.Doom beat the Beyonder at his time with prep.

In a year he could get the HoTU and the Beyonder's power to fight Azathoth.

#8 Posted by KnightOfZero (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

most high end reality warpers like franklin richards, or maybe HoM Scarlet witch.

Probably my list of people who could do it include:

other possible entries include:

Doomsday

Dr Doomsday

Mephisto

Anti-Monitor

Full Power Galactus

#9 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

Dr Doomsday

Mephisto

Anti-Monitor

Full Power Galactus

The pictures I agree with, or see battles between them and the Doctor too close to call.

However - Doomsday isn't beating the Doctor, at all

Neither is Doctor Doomsday.

Mephisto has been tricked before, correct? The Doctor should be able to trick him and screw him over.

The Doctor should be able to trick/talk down the next two.

#10 Posted by giantsfan576 (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely no one

#11 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Dale Gribble

#12 Posted by KnightOfZero (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the reason I put doomsday and dr doomsday was because theoretically, if the dr killed them, they could come back stronger and immune to the way he was killed last time. And Mephistopheles with a year of prep could fine some way to screw over the dr

#13 Edited by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofzero: He doesn't merely kill them, he locks them in a mirror, or traps them in a collapsing universe, or unwinds their time line across universes and laughs at their torment. This is the Doctor without morals.

He's trapped beings larger than universes in mortal bodies, with out much prep at all. And considering no morals Doctor means he abuses his ability to cause people to monologue, Mephisto is going down.

#14 Posted by RetconCrisis (3883 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture: Dr.Doom beat the Beyonder at his time with prep.

In a year he could get the HoTU and the Beyonder's power to fight Azathoth.

This isn't Doctor Doom, it's the Doctor from Doctor Who.

And as a side note, I'm seeing a whole TON of Doctor Who themed battles recently.

#15 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis: It's odd, and the problem is half of them are either not well thought out, or they are prep battles which always have the chance to descend faster than normal into bitch fests. Why not use someone else from the show? It's been on for 50+ years, the Doctor is not the only character. But I guess phases are weird like that.

#16 Posted by RetconCrisis (3883 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis: It's odd, and the problem is half of them are either not well thought out, or they are prep battles which always have the chance to descend faster than normal into bitch fests. Why not use someone else from the show? It's been on for 50+ years, the Doctor is not the only character. But I guess phases are weird like that.

Yeah. Like a few days ago I saw Doctor vs Batman. Didn't know Bats was that overrated on this site.

#17 Posted by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

No one.

It's been fully established that the Doc has ways to become omnipotent but he chooses not to. Without morals, that's no longer a problem.

#18 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

No one.

It's been fully established that the Doc has ways to become omnipotent but he chooses not to. Without morals, that's no longer a problem.

TEchnically not omnipotent, just more powerful than most (if not all) characters that have been given names and personalities. The hinted at bosses of the Guardians of Time have no feats, and they are hinted to have bosses too.

#19 Posted by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

No one.

TEchnically not omnipotent, just more powerful than most (if not all) characters that have been given names and personalities. The hinted at bosses of the Guardians of Time have no feats, and they are hinted to have bosses too.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about..

Is this Matt Smith Doctor Who? Because I don't watch Matt Smith Doctor Who.

#20 Edited by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_imperator said:

@sheenlantern said:

No one.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about..

Is this Matt Smith Doctor Who? Because I don't watch Matt Smith Doctor Who.

This is the books. The thing that could give him nigh-omnipotence (the Key to Time) no longer exists, and the only other thing that could give him it sets him odds with the higher ups, that we don't know if they can stomp the Quantum Archangel powers or not. Basically, complete control over all time/matter/energy/space.

#21 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

Tao potentially, The Master, Yawgmoth, Urza

#22 Edited by robertloucksjr (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Doctor, but his enemies have plenty of chances to kill them if they would just shut up and do it. Talking to him and imprisoning him is a recipe for disaster and in a real battle, the enemies would not do so.

#23 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Doctor, but his enemies have plenty of chances to kill them if they would just shut up and do it. Talking to him and imprisoning him is a recipe for disaster and in a real battle, the enemies would not do so.

NO, they would. He has in universe powers that cause people to monologue, and give him good luck. And Time Lords can naturally see alternate/possible futures, the Doctor's subconscious chooses the "beset" path to go down.

#24 Edited by UltimatePeyton (195 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor Paradox

Alien X

The Spectre

JLU Amazo

#25 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7145 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done many, many times...

Either way, there's lots of characters that could:

JonCon

Tao

Bugs Bunny

TOAA

Squirrel Girl

Divine Spawn

Phineas and Ferb

In fact, I could probably be convinced that characters like Doom, Bats, Reed, Pym, and Luthor could beat him.

I'm a fan of the show, but honestly prep battles are so....stupid.

There are WAYYYYY too many variables to decide who would win, and none of the characters previously listed have shown a limit to their prep. I'm confident all of them are capable of taking down/outsmarting a Multiversal+ level being, while they are all also capable of being defeated by street levelers.

Basically, when it comes to prep battles, the only people who could truly deliberate on the outcome would be the writers.

Jmarshmallow

#26 Posted by 106me (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_imperator: He can become omnipotent if he looks into the heart of the Tardis, but he chooses not to because he would become a "vengeful god" as would any other time lord who looked into the heart of the Tardis.

#27 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me said:

@the_imperator: He can become omnipotent if he looks into the heart of the Tardis, but he chooses not to because he would become a "vengeful god" as would any other time lord who looked into the heart of the Tardis.

It's not omnipotent. Powerful yes, but not omnipotent. At least not by feats.

#28 Posted by HtG (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Potentially anyone during recasting.

#29 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku

#30 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10502 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer Morningstar.

Morpheus.

#31 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me: The time vortex is quite powerful, but it's nowhere near omnipotent. There are many characters who can exist existentially or outside of time, as well as those whose abilities have better showings feat wise than the time vortex.

#32 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Edited by ComicStooge (12849 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer Morningstar (is an obvious answer), The Endless, Dr Solar, Galactus, Anti-Monitor, the Celestials, Franklin Richards, The Spectre, Michael Demiurgos, Constantine, Hour Man One Million, The Doctor (Wildstorm), TAO and plenty of others.

#35 Edited by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer Morningstar (is an obvious answer), The Endless, Dr Solar, Galactus, Anti-Monitor, the Celestials, Franklin Richards, The Spectre, Michael Demiurgos, Constantine, Hour Man One Million, The Doctor (Wildstorm), TAO and plenty of others.

#36 Posted by ComicStooge (12849 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, the Doctor's Reality Bomb requires the Crucible for him to survive it, something he doesn't have. And the Time Vortex will kill him if he uses it, if I'm not mistaken.

#37 Posted by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody with Absolute Existence, or whoever writes the Dr.

#38 Posted by Temporal_Guardian (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we need to ask, is the Doctor allowed to take things like the Heart of the Universe?

If he is then the answer is "nothing."

#39 Posted by ComicStooge (12849 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we need to ask, is the Doctor allowed to take things like the Heart of the Universe?

The Heart of the Universe must be given to someone, they cannot take it.

#40 Posted by Temporal_Guardian (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: I'm sure he could get it somehow if Thanos was deemed worthy of it.

Not to mention there is always the Beyonder he can take powers from, who was so dumb Doom managed to steal all his omnipotent powers.

#41 Posted by ComicStooge (12849 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: I'm sure he could get it somehow if Thanos was deemed worthy of it.

Not to mention there is always the Beyonder he can take powers from, who was so dumb Doom managed to steal all his omnipotent powers.

The Beyonder let Doom steal his powers, I think. @killemall would know, that guy's a living wikipedia for cosmic characters.

How is he supposed to even find the HotU?

#42 Posted by Temporal_Guardian (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: He's got a machine that can go anywhere and a year to do it (which he can make an infinite amount of time via time travel)

He'll find a way.

#43 Posted by ComicStooge (12849 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: He's got a machine that can go anywhere and a year to do it (which he can make an infinite amount of time via time travel)

He'll find a way.

The HotU was given to Thanos by TOAA, to fix a flaw in the universe, otherwise there's no known way to get it.

In fact, I'm not even sure The End (the only story where the HotU even appeared in) was canon.

#44 Posted by Temporal_Guardian (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Why wouldn't it be? It's referenced later on.

#45 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll find a way.

How would The Doctor even know of its existance? No one knew it was even a thing until Thanos (somehow) proved it mathematically.

#47 Edited by The_Undying_Tombstone (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: He's got all the time in the universe and one of the brightest minds. As well as canonical plot shields that mean he can never be permanently defeated.

#48 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17419 posts) - - Show Bio

@temporal_guardian said:

The Heart of the Universe must be given to someone, they cannot take it.

And even if he does take the hotu, there's still toaa/presence/kami tenchi etc.

#49 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: He's got all the time in the universe and one of the brightest minds. As well as canonical plot shields that mean he can never be permanently defeated.

I'm pretty sure 1 year prep means no cheating. Because John Constantine's House of Mystery for example exists out of time so he also has infinite prep.

Also, how would The Doctor even begin to thing about HotU? And what stops his enemy from doing the same?

#50 Posted by Killemall (18580 posts) - - Show Bio

The Beyonder let Doom steal his powers, I think. @killemall would know, that guy's a living wikipedia for cosmic characters.

How is he supposed to even find the HotU?

That only happened in the animated series, in comics it was Doom genuinely stealing Beyonder power.

@comicstooge: Why wouldn't it be? It's referenced later on.

The canonity of Marvel : The End is like the most interesting question you can ask.

Its weird because Starlin came up with the story, got approved by Joe Quasada, and the story was written and published. Everyone in marvel apparently though, its a "The End" story, as like every other story its not meant to be canon. Starlin however had different idea and he treated it as canon. Thats why the issue was mentioned in Thanos 1 and Thanos Sourcebook as well as 2005 bio.

It apparently came up as a debate in one point, and before 2006 they decide no every The End stuffs has to be non-canon and taking place in alternate reality. So they official, in 2006 Thanos bio have The End reality its own number, Reality 4321. But since it was already addressed in a canon publication because Thanos mini is indeed canon, they put in a hax code, saying something similar to Reality 4321 had happened in 616 as well but to what extent is unknown.

One of the change made in The End story was, dead in the universe would be permanent, and there would be no playing with the great divide, once you die, well you stay dead. That certainly isnt canon to 616 though, Thor himself has sort of died twice :p, and Uncanny Avengers just saw 4 people resurrected.