#1 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Which single individual?

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAA

"Be water my friend"

#3 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who is above the Gauntlet in general.

#4 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

Could IG Cap beat IG Thanos? With prep time

#5 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

TOAA

"Be water my friend"

This

#6 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

Probably not, Thanos is far more intelligent. The scenario is entirely hypothetical so it's hard to come to a clear answer.

#7 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone on the multiversal level.

#8 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

Probably not, Thanos is far more intelligent. The scenario is entirely hypothetical so it's hard to come to a clear answer.

But Captain America is an American. Being an American is all about triumph.

Strolling, rolling, bouncing across Europe, people often as me what it means to be an American. I tell them triumph. Triumph. Triumph when we nuke our enemies. Triumph when we peer down from the moon and laugh heartily at Russia. Triumph when we dispose of one dictator after another. Triumph when we break into the homes of terrorist kingpins on the other side of the earth and shoot them in the face. Triumph when we use flying robots to bomb other terrorists in Afghanistan, and other nuclear robots to explore Mars. Triumph when we free Europe from Nazis. Triumph. Triumph. Triumph.

But it's not just the big things, see? It's the way I can set up lawn chairs at my friends house in Texas on the Rio Grande and watch Mexicans charge into gunfire just to enter my country. It's the way an Italian cabbie sits up straight and floors the gas when he hears my accent. It's seeing the wide eyes and bead of sweat running down the forehead of a German customs agent when he sees my passport. It's the way a French waiter hangs his head when I refuse the wine and ask for a Coke instead, in English, knowing full well he understands me.

The way an Aussie blushes and leans in to the urinal next to me in the bathroom, or the scowl that meets my smirk when I tip an English waiter in US dollars covered in Washington's face. The way small mobs of Canadian school children follow me from a distance to see what a free man looks like, or how heads timidly rise and women gather when my accent stops the music at clubs in Amsterdam.

Triumph. Every bit of triumph. Thats what it means to be American.

To say that Thanos would beat Captain America on a level playing field, because Thanos is more intelligent, is peeing in the wind, my friend. The Russians thought they were more intelligent, and they probably were. And we defeated them. Intelligence only gets you so far. It takes the desire, the passion, and the triumph that true Americans such as myself and Captain America have deep inside our hearts to truly be successful.

#9 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

Hard to say, Cap doesnt posses the arrogance Thanos does, he would not toy around he would get straight to the point. I reckon he can beat Thanos but who knows.

#10 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Entities more powerful than IG, like LT, Lucifer, Michael, Toaa, GEB, Presence, HoTU, Beyonder,etc..

#11 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

Entities more powerful than IG, like LT, Lucifer, Michael, Toaa, GEB, Presence, HoTU, Beyonder,etc..

But with Cap's incredible fighting skills, tactical genius, and expert of battle strategy, could Cap possibly take out some of these people you mentioned with enough prep time?

#12 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

But with Cap's incredible fighting skills, tactical genius, and expert of battle strategy, could Cap possibly take out some of these people you mentioned with enough prep time?

It doesn't matter who wields the IG, the power is the same. And when you have full control over space, time, reality, etc... you don't really need prep or tactics, or fighting skills.

#13 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

It doesn't matter who wields the IG, the power is the same. And when you have full control over space, time, reality, etc... you don't really need prep or tactics, or fighting skills.

With such power, and a great strategical mind, Cap can find a way to warp reality or space or time in ways that could defeat beings such as Living Tribunal. I'm not sure what is and isn't possible with the Infinity Gauntlet. But let's say Cap created a wormhole in space/time that brought him back when LT was created. Cap uses the IG to somehow stop this creation, thus LT is never created. Is something like this possible? If so, Cap can defeat this person.

#14 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAA, maybe full powered galactus

#15 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with IG would beat Captain America.

#16 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

With such power, and a great strategical mind, Cap can find a way to warp reality or space or time in ways that could defeat beings such as Living Tribunal. I'm not sure what is and isn't possible with the Infinity Gauntlet. But let's say Cap created a wormhole in space/time that brought him back when LT was created. Cap uses the IG to somehow stop this creation, thus LT is never created. Is something like this possible? If so, Cap can defeat this person.

LT has immunity to such things. They just wouldn't work. It isn't about who has more skills, it's about who's more powerful overall.

#17 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

#18 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

LT has immunity to such things. They just wouldn't work. It isn't about who has more skills, it's about who's more powerful overall.

Well I was in the US Army - two years in Iraq, Explosive Ordnance Disposal. In a fight, it doesn't matter who is more powerful overall. I engaged in hand-to-hand combat with a terrorist who was at least 5 inches taller than me and had at least 30 more pounds of muscle than me. He had a knife. I had my bare hands. But since I'm more skilled then him, I'm here typing this, while he is dead.

#19 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (15523 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAA, anybody with the HotU, pre-retcon Beyonder, Classic Strange, Living Tribunal, One Above All (Celestial), and:

@blackadamFTW said:

and:

@YoggSaron said:

#21 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

Well I was in the US Army - two years in Iraq, Explosive Ordnance Disposal. In a fight, it doesn't matter who is more powerful overall. I engaged in hand-to-hand combat with a terrorist who was at least 5 inches taller than me and had at least 30 more pounds of muscle than me. He had a knife. I had my bare hands. But since I'm more skilled then him, I'm here typing this, while he is dead.

Interesting story......

But you are talking about humans here. When we talk about "human power", we talk about the height, weight, muscles, etc.. When we talk about supernatural power, it's different. It's about who has control more. Who can do greater things,etc... If you can destroy a universe with a thought (which IG can) what skills are required? With IG, it only takes a thought to control space, time, reality,etc... Not skills or tactics.

#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10406 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter whether it is thanos, Captain america, or squirrel girl with the IG...you get it...you become omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. If it were possible for two people to both have the IG at the same time...they'd be equal in every conceivable way.

#23 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

thought robot superman or goblin force end of story LOCK THIS THREAD

#24 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with prep.

#25 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

It doesn't matter whether it is thanos, Captain america, or squirrel girl with the IG...you get it...you become omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. If it were possible for two people to both have the IG at the same time...they'd be equal in every conceivable way.

that can be done if you had the duplication cheat in skyrim, But if you had the gauntlet wouldn't you be able to potentially make copies since reality would bend to your will. So that sould happen i guess

#26 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

I disagree entirely on that: Thanos, Nebula or Warlock obtained very different results with the gauntlet. at least in the beginning, the usefulness of the gauntlet depends on the intellect and imagination of the wielder. Using the gauntlet to later improve your reasoning and imagination is probably possible, but it's never been alluded to during the infinity saga.

#27 Posted by Shawnbaby (10406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

Strolling, rolling, bouncing across Europe, people often as me what it means to be an American. I tell them triumph. Triumph. Triumph when we nuke our enemies. Triumph when we peer down from the moon and laugh heartily at Russia. Triumph when we dispose of one dictator after another. Triumph when we break into the homes of terrorist kingpins on the other side of the earth and shoot them in the face. Triumph when we use flying robots to bomb other terrorists in Afghanistan, and other nuclear robots to explore Mars. Triumph when we free Europe from Nazis. Triumph. Triumph. Triumph.

But it's not just the big things, see? It's the way I can set up lawn chairs at my friends house in Texas on the Rio Grande and watch Mexicans charge into gunfire just to enter my country. It's the way an Italian cabbie sits up straight and floors the gas when he hears my accent. It's seeing the wide eyes and bead of sweat running down the forehead of a German customs agent when he sees my passport. It's the way a French waiter hangs his head when I refuse the wine and ask for a Coke instead, in English, knowing full well he understands me.

The way an Aussie blushes and leans in to the urinal next to me in the bathroom, or the scowl that meets my smirk when I tip an English waiter in US dollars covered in Washington's face. The way small mobs of Canadian school children follow me from a distance to see what a free man looks like, or how heads timidly rise and women gather when my accent stops the music at clubs in Amsterdam.

To say that Thanos would beat Captain America on a level playing field, because Thanos is more intelligent, is peeing in the wind, my friend. The Russians thought they were more intelligent, and they probably were. And we defeated them. Intelligence only gets you so far. It takes the desire, the passion, and the triumph that true Americans such as myself and Captain America have deep inside our hearts to truly be successful.

If you're basing your argument that Cap wins on the "American need to Triumph"...you clearly need to learn a thing or two about Thanos. Also, you should probably consider how America ranks among the rest of the world in many very important categories...and see how much "triumph" you find.

#28 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 Sorry to call you out on this, but I highly doubt you were in the military at all. Rarely these days will anybody get into a firefight with a group of terroists, much less a H2H situation. If you were EOD, you would know you wouldn't even find yourself in that situation, since you are considered highly valuable when deployed with teams. Sorry, but I'm going to have to call complete BS. (Also, why didn't you have a knife? That doesn't add up. You don't have to lie to impress people.)

#29 Posted by Shawnbaby (10406 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Shawnbaby said:

I disagree entirely on that: Thanos, Nebula or Warlock obtained very different results with the gauntlet. at least in the beginning, the usefulness of the gauntlet depends on the intellect and imagination of the wielder. Using the gauntlet to later improve your reasoning and imagination is probably possible, but it's never been alluded to during the infinity saga.

The infinity gauntlet makes its wielder omnipotent. 2 omnipotent beings fighting cancel each other out....neither one of them can win. it's a deadlock.

Actually, during the Infinity Saga when Adam Warlock had the glove he expelled all emotion from himself in order to be "more reasonable"...which created The Magus and The Goddess. Thereby setting in motion the War and Crusade.

#30 Edited by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 Oh, and also, if you WERE in the Military (which I highly doubt), then you would know you're not supposed to talk about combat situations with civilians. And about your "triumph" post: (1) Since when have Canadian children NOT been free? (2) Triumph hardly covers all of our faults. (3) You claim you were in the Military. If you were, you would know better than to go flaunting it around with this arrogant attitude. (4) I'll find more faults in your posts later, I've got to go.

#31 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Shawnbaby said:

The infinity gauntlet makes its wielder omnipotent. 2 omnipotent beings fighting cancel each other out....neither one of them can win. it's a deadlock.

Actually, during the Infinity Saga when Adam Warlock had the glove he expelled all emotion from himself in order to be "more reasonable"...which created The Magus and The Goddess. Thereby setting in motion the War and Crusade.

Yes, it makes one all powerful, but the use that will be made of that power and the way that power will be spent still depends on the intellect imagination and morals of the wielder. Therefore two different persons with the gauntlet at the same time would still give us an interesting fight with most probably a winner and a looser in the end.

#32 Posted by imbackwimps (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

#33 Posted by TheCannon (17900 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawn_123 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

TOAA

"Be water my friend"

This

This.

#34 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@BeaverSauce said:

@CitizenBane said:

Batman with prep.

#35 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@BeaverSauce said:

@CitizenBane said:

Batman with prep.

why is that laughable goblin force is a multiversal threat and thought robot superman is an omniversal threat obviously you know nothing about either. any way protege stomps extremely hard...

#36 Edited by nickzambuto (12892 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@YoggSaron said:

This is by far the greatest thing I've ever read... period.

You'll wanna see this.

#37 Posted by mcool135 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone as simple as Dr. Manhattan can stop him...

#38 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

Emperor Joker

#39 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

But their is a difference between and advantage of reach, strength and speed and being immune to anything somebody can do and have the ability to effortlessly beat them without lifting a finger

#40 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13:So American Triumph is about being a dick to every other country because we can? Sometimes I wish I didn't share this country with people who think like this.

#41 Posted by zommes (2 posts) - - Show Bio

So you assume he was not trolling?

#42 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@zommes: No I think he was, but I also believe that there are people who genuinely think like that and that there are people that live in the US that believe it is the greatest country in the world without knowing the stats of our country or any knowledge of other countries stats in comparison to our own.

#43 Posted by zommes (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 I'm afraid that's true. So it was an honest question. Because it seems to be real for some people indeed.

#44 Posted by loadofmilark (198 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god i sincerely hope the "triumph" guy was joking

#45 Posted by TheFlyingHammer (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13: Dude...That post, brought a tear to my eye.

Captain takes it.

#46 Posted by loadofmilark (198 posts) - - Show Bio

also mr mxy(don't know how ton spell it) would win alongside emperor joker

#47 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

@Fantomex13 said:

@kingkronos said:

No, it's not possible, even with unlimited prep time. Living Tribunal for example, he is a multiversal, (even greater than multiversal actually, since even counting the DC universe and crossovers there is still only one of him, so there's not even an official term for what he is) being. That means he transcends time and space. There are varying degrees of omnipotence in both Marvel and DC. Living Tribunal is so powerful he can make an infinite number of Infinity Gauntlets in literally no time.

You also cannot make another Infinity Gauntlet with an Infinity Gauntlet. The Gauntlet requires the Infinity Gems to work, and the Infinity Gems are just physical portions of One-Above-All's infinite power. You can't just take his power without asking. That's why LT is so powerful, he's basically the avatar of One-Above-All, the enforcer of his will.

#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Batman with prep.