• 48 results
Navajaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

So which characters can The Governor beat?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NeonGameWave

Maybe Ellie from the Last of Us or Frank West from Dead Rising but it has to be under very specific and careful conditions.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Comic Governor

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Comic Governor

This would hurt me emotionally and physically just watching.

As for who I think he could beat, he's a better fighter than the average man, so there's that. I also think he could beat 98% of Walking Dead characters, but that's literally just me.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_: Governor beats everyone except Jesus, Andrea (from range), and maybe comic Michonne (if there's no guns).

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Rick Grimes.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_: Governor beats everyone except Jesus, Andrea (from range), and maybe comic Michonne (if there's no guns).

Those are the people I had in mind, haha. Except for Andrea. I wasn't thinking about ranged, but yeah, she has him beat there.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sheldon Cooper.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He worked a desk job before the breakout and really only beat people that were already hurt. He's tough and physically fit but he shouldn't be beating anyone that's trained

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Navajaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex said:

Sheldon Cooper.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

LMAO, that answer is hilarious.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jayc1324 said:

He worked a desk job before the breakout and really only beat people that were already hurt. He's tough and physically fit but he shouldn't be beating anyone that's trained

That fight with Rick was even.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abraham Ford.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52: Not at all. Rick was shot in the leg, had a sprained hand from hitting Tyreese. He also didn't really want to fight and was trying to diffuse the situation.

The Governor was driven by hatred, is bigger, and was able to use Rick's bullet wound against him.

Not to mention Rick isn't a great fighter anyway.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Navajaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Navajaz

BUMP

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@deathstroke52: Not at all. Rick was shot in the leg, had a sprained hand from hitting Tyreese. He also didn't really want to fight and was trying to diffuse the situation.

The Governor was driven by hatred, is bigger, and was able to use Rick's bullet wound against him.

Not to mention Rick isn't a great fighter anyway.

uh, Governor got shot in the arm. Care to guess what would hurt more when throwing a punch?

"He also didn't really want to fight."

Extremely false. Rick tackled him to the ground while The Governor wasn't even acknowledging him. Rick started the fight.

Rick was driven by hatred. Rick just watched him kill a part of his family. Rick tackled him out of anger and spite with the intent to kill.

The Governor didn't use Rick's wound against him in any way. He never punched it or grabbed at it or anything like that.

Cops are trained and The Governor beat Rick when they were both wounded. He beat and nearly killed a trained man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_: it obviously didn't affect him very much.

The governor started the fight by rolling up with a tank.. Rick gave a whole speech and was nearly in tears. He was playing defense, he just wanted everyone to be safe. This is farmer Rick, not the same badass rick we have now.

Like I just said, this is a different rick. His hatred isn't as strong as the governor's. Rick had forgotten about him, yet the governor never did, and spent every living second thinking of how he could kill rick and take over the prison. He was definitely more motivated. Rick wasn't fighting with conviction, unlike the Governor who had killed Martinez and manipulated an entire group of people just because of his hatred of Rick and michonne.

Rick is an average fighter honestly. He was beaten by shane, barely handled Andrew at the prison, and struggled with Pete, only winning after he was amped up when Pete hit Jessie. Rick is just an average fighter, don't make it sound like he's some trained martial artist.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheComedian_

@jayc1324 said:

@thecomedian_: it obviously didn't affect him very much.

The governor started the fight by rolling up with a tank.. Rick gave a whole speech and was nearly in tears. He was playing defense, he just wanted everyone to be safe. This is farmer Rick, not the same badass rick we have now.

Like I just said, this is a different rick. His hatred isn't as strong as the governor's. Rick had forgotten about him, yet the governor never did, and spent every living second thinking of how he could kill rick and take over the prison. He was definitely more motivated. Rick wasn't fighting with conviction, unlike the Governor who had killed Martinez and manipulated an entire group of people just because of his hatred of Rick and michonne.

Rick is an average fighter honestly. He was beaten by shane, barely handled Andrew at the prison, and struggled with Pete, only winning after he was amped up when Pete hit Jessie. Rick is just an average fighter, don't make it sound like he's some trained martial artist.

Okay, let me get this straight. Your argument was that the Governor vs. Rick fight wasn't even. You're supporting this with: Rick being shot in the leg, Rick having hurt hands, Rick not wanting to fight and wanting to diffuse the situation, Rick not having as much hatred, Governor being bigger, and Rick not being the badass we know now. Okay, and here we go:

-Rick was shot in the leg. He sprinted at the Governor. I'm just gonna borrow your "it obviously didn't affect him much" statement for a second. That gun shot in his leg...obviously didn't affect him much."

-Rick having hurt hands. Same as the first point. Those hurt hands didn't prevent Rick from hitting the Governor so hard that he bleeded after two punches. It didn't stop him from throwing multiple, and clearly powerful punches.

-Rick not wanting to fight. I completely obliterated that argument in my last message, but I'll reiterate with some bonus content added in. Rick didn't want to fight at first. That much is obvious. What else is obvious is that his past stance had no effect on him when he was fighting the Governor. If he didn't want to fight, he wouldn't have tackled the Governor down and began to beat him.

-Governor being bigger. I'd give you this one, if Rick didn't end up beating Shane. Sure, The Governor is much taller than Rick and Shane, but Shane looked in better shape. The guy was ripped, whereas The Governor, while being muscular and in shape, didn't appear to be as much as Shane.

-Rick wasn't angry enough/wasn't as motivated/isn't badass Rick. These are ridiculous points. Rick was furious and fighting to kill this man. Rick killed people before the Governor. He was plenty motivated. He watched as this man ruined his home, put his family (including his baby and his son) in danger, and killed a man who he was close to, The Governor was trying to kill him. Rick obviously didn't want to die and he knew that The Governor would kill him. Rick was fighting for his life and to kill The Governor. When you want to live and someone is trying to kill you, you are plenty motivated. Rick was fighting with conviction. Also it's funny how you bring up "badass" Rick. What has "badass" Rick done to put him above Governor? Mutilated people? Shot people? Neither would have helped him in this fight. Anyways, you say that Governor only beats hurt people, then you say that Rick is an average fighter. Do you think they're both average then? If so, they're equal.

Rick's an average fighter. Cool. And he actually beat Shane once. The fight with Andrew was hardly a fight. It was mostly a power struggle with a little wrestling around. Was a single punch even thrown?

I never made it sound like he was a trained martial artist. You said he shouldn't be beating anyone who is trained. Cops are trained. Governor beat him.

Anyways, I do agree that it wasn't necessarily equal, but certainly not for the reasons you're arguing. It wasn't all that equal because I think that The Governor would beat any Walking Dead character in a hand to hand fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_: Cops are trained but are not great fighters. Beating a cop isn't that impressive, especially when he was shot! And this Rick isn't the same Rick that bit out Joe's neck and chopped up Gareth. He had not been pushed to that point yet. He was a farmer for crying out loud, and the governor rolled up with a tank. Who do you think was more motivated? Sure he cared that he killed Hershel but it didn't drive him crazy like when Lori died or when Joe was going to rape Carl.

And badass rick bit out Joe's neck, was going to kill Pete, knocked out Aaron for no reason, and was going to fight Abraham over a bus. He's like a different person. Takes no chances, no prisoners, is a lot more ruthless, and will do anything to win, like biting someone's throat out. That would've helped here.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@thecomedian_: Cops are trained but are not great fighters. Beating a cop isn't that impressive, especially when he was shot! And this Rick isn't the same Rick that bit out Joe's neck and chopped up Gareth. He had not been pushed to that point yet. He was a farmer for crying out loud, and the governor rolled up with a tank. Who do you think was more motivated? Sure he cared that he killed Hershel but it didn't drive him crazy like when Lori died or when Joe was going to rape Carl.

And badass rick bit out Joe's neck, was going to kill Pete, knocked out Aaron for no reason, and was going to fight Abraham over a bus. He's like a different person. Takes no chances, no prisoners, is a lot more ruthless, and will do anything to win, like biting someone's throat out. That would've helped here.

You never said he shouldn't be beating a great fighter. You said he shouldn't be beating anyone trained. I never said it was impressive and we've already talked about the bullet wound.

I guess wit would've helped, but still, current Rick wouldn't beat The Governor. I don't even think that Rick about to see Carl getting raped would get him a win against the Governor. Anger only does so much.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: The comic governor, actually has some feats that put him above TV governor, but all of them are in the Governor series novels, which are canon to the comics. I'm not very far into those novels yet, but he does show better then average speed, and that he's a lot smarter with tactics then what was seen in the comics.

I do agree though, that based purely on comic feats, TV governor would win.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: are the novels good? I've thought about getting them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_: Rick doesn't really count as a trained fighter to me. He doesn't show any skill ever, and is just a sheriff. He struggles to often to be considered trained.

And Rick's anger let's him win when he has a gun to his head, was outnumbered, and has no weapons, but you don't think it would let him beat the governor? If he was trying to rape carl his throat would be bitten out, or Rick would've done something else dirty to beat him.

Not to mention Rick beat Pete who is bigger than the Governor just when he was mad at him hitting Jesse. Imagine what he'd do to the Governor if he was going after Carl!

Like I said before, the governor beating an injured, less motivated farmer Rick Grimes does not mean he could beat a trained fighter. The Governor has no training whatsoever and could not beat someone who knows what they are doing. Rick isn't that good. Police training is not that extensive and doesn't focus on hand to hand combat that much. The gov. has nothing to prove he could beat someone who is trained.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I'm only about half way through the first one, and it's been ok. Not nearly as good as the comics so far, but ok. It's cool seeing the apocalypse from the very beginnings, while Rock was still in a coma, and no one even knew what was going on. People didn't even know if they zombies were alive or dead, or that head shots will kill them from the start of the first novel.

It's also cool seeing how the novels weave in and out of the comics. Like the first neighborhood that Rick's group finds, that they think is safe, but they end up finding the sign that says "all dead". That was written by the governor's brother, and they spent quite a bit of time living there.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers