• 123 results
#1 Posted by NeonGameWave (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules and Conditions

The Doctor has embraced his darker side and due to the revelations of John Hurt`s regeneration he has now become quite sinister, he is targeting reality and existence who can stop him?

Bloodlust on

Morals Off

The Doctor has 1 year of prep and access to all of his gear

You cannot use TOAA level beings

The Battle takes place throughout time and the void of the universe

#2 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17336 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who can resist reality bombs. (Basically, anyone with multiversal resistance), by feats. Logically, anyone who can resist the Plot-force :D

#3 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

The Audience/Viewers.

#4 Posted by ComicStooge (12795 posts) - - Show Bio

Will the person we choose have prep?

If so:

John Constantine

If not:

Lucifer Morningstar

#5 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave:

Soo anyone who can resist omniversal explosions?

#6 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Bezza (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

Well we all know Dr Who is subject to more PIS than anyone else. I love Dr Who as much as the next man, but its always bemused me his enemies just don't take him out with a pistol, never mind a dalek style ray gun!! He's not bullet proof, he doesn't do hand to hand and he isn't particularly fast, there's so many ways to defeat him, but then that would spoil the stories!

#8 Edited by dakkad00d (119 posts) - - Show Bio

With same time to prep

Doctor Doom

#9 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17336 posts) - - Show Bio

^^

Haha..no.

#10 Posted by russellmania77 (15328 posts) - - Show Bio

Pr beyonder, spectre, trigon, Phoenix force, flash, molecule man, galactus, god swamp, white lanterns, guardians, over monitor, monitor, anti-monitor, monitors, emperiex, brainiac 5

#11 Posted by NeonGameWave (7783 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by DarkRaiden (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's create a list:

Doom

Thanos

Raven (emotion drain)

Surfer

Thor

Hulk

Bruce Banner

Superman

Flash (any of them)

Black Panther

Reed Richards

Hank Pym

Deadpool

Deathstroke

Darkseid

Any Green Lantern

etc.

To be honest, I can see even Punisher killing him considering he's not bulletproof and Punisher has no qualms about shooting him in the face. Problem with people like The Doctor and Constantine is that, eve with prep, their reaction times and durability don't change so theoretically, even Spiderman or a guy with a gun solo with extreme ease.

#13 Edited by TheBournePoster (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. Or Doom takes over at last minute.

#14 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Only if its a random encounter and the Doctor doesn't start inside the TARDIS. If he has prep or he starts inside the TARDIS then all the people you've listed are screwed.

#15 Edited by DarkRaiden (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Only if its a random encounter and the Doctor doesn't start inside the TARDIS. If he has prep or he starts inside the TARDIS then all the people you've listed are screwed.

Okay but how? Does he have specific feats for fighting lightspeeders and hurting people like Hulk? Cause most things I see about people like the Doctor aren't battle feats but simply intelligence/strategical feats.

#16 Edited by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: The fact is if he starts in the TARDIS he exists outside of space and time and its impossible to get into without the key. Doesn't matter how fast or strong you are if the thing infront of you doesn't physically exist in your universe. As soon as that happens the Doctor has as much time to prep as he likes and could even just go back in time and prevent that person even being born or created.

In a random encounter outside the TARDIS he's majorly screwed if he starts in the TARDIS he's stupidly powerful as he controls space and time.

#17 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

Okay but how? Does he have specific feats for fighting lightspeeders and hurting people like Hulk? Cause most things I see about people like the Doctor aren't battle feats but simply intelligence/strategical feats.

The doctor turned a standard issue Battle Rifle of the Time lords into a weapon that atomized the entirety of the time war and time locked it. He made it while imprisoned by the Time Lords. For reference, that's like turning an M16 into a fully functioning ICBM while locked in Guantanamo. Here, The Doctor has a year's worth of prep, and what essentially amounts to infinite resources. We've also already seen that the TARDIS can self destruct and take out reality with it.

The only people that lie through it are Multiversal+ beings. The Doctor is simply one of the most overpowered characters ever. He can't even be speed blitzed because he has canon plot shielding. It's ridiculous.

#18 Posted by DarkRaiden (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: The fact is if he starts in the TARDIS he exists outside of space and time and its impossible to get into without the key. Doesn't matter how fast or strong you are if the thing infront of you doesn't physically exist in your universe. As soon as that happens the Doctor has as much time to prep as he likes and could even just go back in time and prevent that person even being born or created.

In a random encounter outside the TARDIS he's majorly screwed if he starts in the TARDIS he's stupidly powerful as he controls space and time.

That's not exactly battle but....I suppose for this thread it counts.

#19 Edited by DarkRaiden (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@strider92 said:

The doctor turned a standard issue Battle Rifle of the Time lords into a weapon that atomized the entirety of the time war and time locked it. He made it while imprisoned by the Time Lords. For reference, that's like turning an M16 into a fully functioning ICBM while locked in Guantanamo. Here, The Doctor has a year's worth of prep, and what essentially amounts to infinite resources. We've also already seen that the TARDIS can self destruct and take out reality with it.

The only people that lie through it are Multiversal+ beings. The Doctor is simply one of the most overpowered characters ever. He can't even be speed blitzed because he has canon plot shielding. It's ridiculous.

Canon......plot shielding? Please go on. That sounds hilaribad.

#20 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Yup, Apparently they decided to write in an explanation for why The Doctor is never just Shot immediately on sight by character like the Cybermen or Daleks. I mean, he only managed to become the most famous/infamous person in his galaxy, and has entire armies dedicated solely to his destruction, and yet they don't just kill him the moment they see him because plot. The writers thought that was silly so they added an explanation, and I certainly wish I had that absurd link on me. The gist of it is that some how Time Lords subconsciously alter the time stream or rather forcibly move the Tachyeon particles in specific ways. As a result, people can't even friggin speed blitz him.

The writers also bring up some other unexplained things, like why the heck no one really questions that everyone speaks English. In Doctor Who, every alien speaks english, apparently because the TARDIS makes him omnilingual, and most companions don't notice or care. Some places it's implied that he even has high level subconscious telepathy that makes it so that people basically either can't ignore him, or have to ignore him.

But yeah, I love Doctor who, but sometimes it gets ... Unapologeticly campy.

#21 Posted by DarkRaiden (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Yup, Apparently they decided to write in an explanation for why The Doctor is never just Shot immediately on sight by character like the Cybermen or Daleks. I mean, he only managed to become the most famous/infamous person in his galaxy, and has entire armies dedicated solely to his destruction, and yet they don't just kill him the moment they see him because plot. The writers thought that was silly so they added an explanation, and I certainly wish I had that absurd link on me. The gist of it is that some how Time Lords subconsciously alter the time stream or rather forcibly move the Tachyeon particles in specific ways. As a result, people can't even friggin speed blitz him.

The writers also bring up some other unexplained things, like why the heck no one really questions that everyone speaks English. In Doctor Who, every alien speaks english, apparently because the TARDIS makes him omnilingual, and most companions don't notice or care. Some places it's implied that he even has high level subconscious telepathy that makes it so that people basically either can't ignore him, or have to ignore him.

But yeah, I love Doctor who, but sometimes it gets ... Unapologeticly campy.

LOL you know what, nvm he wins. I mean I can think of some people that can beat him, but having plot as his powers is just 100% win. I....I have no words.

#22 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: XD If I had a superpower, it would definitely be Plot control, or maybe P.L.O.T. control =P

#23 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17336 posts) - - Show Bio

Canon......plot shielding? Please go on. That sounds hilaribad.

Yup, it's the weirdest power I've ever heard.. But It. Is. Awesome.

#24 Posted by Bossmonster (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Solo's without question.

#25 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Bossmonster (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: You already know, dude.

To be honest, he is my number one pick for anyone who post a "Who could stop this random person if they were stupid powerful for no reason and suddenly wanted to kill everyone and had the means to do it." thread.

I'm just like

"AMAZO MUTHA F!^&$%"

#27 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17336 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: How does he survive a reality bomb? (I know JLU amazo very well, he's my answer for almost all such threads, too.) But still, didn't he get talked outta things by lex luthor?

And come on, he is, after all, an android built by a robotist. Doctor, with his plot op intelligence, could arguably do better, if not the same.

#28 Posted by TheBournePoster (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus.

#29 Posted by DarkRaiden (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU Amazo is overrated. He's planet level at best with mass teleporting abilities and is weak to magic. Comic Amazo would stand a better chance tbh as he's shown no limits to his copying and has better feats.

#30 Posted by Bossmonster (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Truthfully, my like Doctor Who, he was the subject of major PIS. If a reality bomb(I've never seen one) destroys everything instantly, Amazo will be killed.
However, should Amazo have time to observer the phenomena, he should adapt to it instantly.

Outside of something that gets rid of him instantly, there isn't really any way I personally see to defeat JLU Amazo minus PIS.

#31 Posted by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17336 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: It did destroy all the daleks in little time..

But yeah, he does have a bit of PIS.. How else do you TEXT when jumping into Big bang? 0_0

#33 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

Truthfully, my like Doctor Who, he was the subject of major PIS. If a reality bomb(I've never seen one) destroys everything instantly, Amazo will be killed.

However, should Amazo have time to observer the phenomena, he should adapt to it instantly.

Outside of something that gets rid of him instantly, there isn't really any way I personally see to defeat JLU Amazo minus PIS.

The only 2 Reality Bombs he's had, that I'm aware of, have been very different. The first one is done off screen, but he's shown building it, and the aftermath is very clearly stated. The second one functioned around destroying time itself, but that also cost him the TARDIS. Overall, Amazo could probably adapt to the first one, but not the second one. Amazo may also be in trouble against the Heart of the TARDIS type of temporal manipulation.

Also, PIS is canon for the Doctor =P

#34 Posted by XxGin (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine

#35 Posted by NeonGameWave (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#36 Posted by ComicStooge (12795 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Reed Richards, Doom, Batman 1 Million with prep (at least) and any other beings like the Living tribunal the Beyonder ect

#38 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

List of people who can't stop him:

-Anyone who is not omnipotent

-Anything mechanical in nature

.___.

As soon as the fight starts, the Doctor who is hiding inside the TARDIS, detonates a reality bomb set to kill everyone but Timelords and whump. Done.

#39 Edited by The_Imperator (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: There are three parts to the plot shielding. First, as a time Lord he can subconsciously see the different futures ahead and his mind chooses the best outcome to follow, subconsciously. Second, the universe bends over backwards for him, because he is so important. Literally, he exudes a field of PIS that makes people talk and talk. Third, two god like beings, that are born of the psyches of a corrupted part of the TARDISes telepathic circuits and a companion, help him behind the scenes. It's actually a pretty cool idea.

@thebourneposter: No, with prep the Doctor rapes. The Doctor considers the only people that can rape the universe with impunity to be the Guardians, Rassilon, and the Master with prep. And since we know that the Doctor with prep > the Master with prep, that means the Doc is at the level of "Rip open reality and seize control of all energy and mass and time in the universe." We know he is better than the Meddling Monk, which means with prep he can grab universe destroying beings and bind them to himself. With prep, the Doctor can simply dump Galactus into a pocket dimension in the TARDIS and seal it. Or whip up a time loop around Galactus.

@darkraiden said:

Let's create a list:

Doom

Thanos

Raven (emotion drain)

Surfer

Thor

Hulk

Bruce Banner

Superman

Flash (any of them)

Black Panther

Reed Richards

Hank Pym

Deadpool

Deathstroke

Darkseid

Any Green Lantern

etc.

To be honest, I can see even Punisher killing him considering he's not bulletproof and Punisher has no qualms about shooting him in the face. Problem with people like The Doctor and Constantine is that, eve with prep, their reaction times and durability don't change so theoretically, even Spiderman or a guy with a gun solo with extreme ease.

In order:

Even with prep, Doom is not beating evil!Doctor with prep

Possibly, depending on how much prep he has

Again, possibly, though anti-magic tech is going to really hurt Raven

Possibly, though with prep the Doctor can just lock him in a collapsing dimension

Nope, Doctor with prep locks him in a collapsing dimension

Nope

Nope

Possibly, though only if the Doctor stars outside the TARDIS

No

Possibly, depending on how much prep Reed gets

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope, the Doctor has defeated greater foes than Darkseid

Nope

And no, nobody with a gun solos. The Doctor literally exudes a field that causes them to not shoot him fatally. Even in the TV movie, the bullets that hit him were stated to be non-fatal. It was the doctors operating on the Doctor that caused him to regenerate, an event specifically set up by Death of the Whoverse.

#40 Posted by TheBournePoster (952 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_imperator: More Doctor wanking. Surprisingly common these days. Galactus can travel through dimensions with ease. When has the Doctor ever done this? And Galactus erases the TARDIS with a thought. He then teleports the doctor to the Dalek prison planet with no sonic screwdriver or Tardis, where he dies a horrible death. He could just mind rape the Doctor. Or crush him like a bug. Or transmute him into a carrot. With a thought. Or turn the Doctor into a Dalek. Irony.

Some more.

Mad Jim Jaspers

Molecule Man

Darkseid (If you say the Doctor beats him then you're a joke)

#41 Edited by ComicStooge (12795 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym could potentially win, too. He could simply chill in the Realm of Abstract Entities until the reality bomb goes off, then design some psycho AI specifically created to muck about with Timelord technology.

#42 Edited by The_Imperator (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter said:

@the_imperator: More Doctor wanking. Surprisingly common these days. Galactus can travel through dimensions with ease. When has the Doctor ever done this? And Galactus erases the TARDIS with a thought. He then teleports the doctor to the Dalek prison planet with no sonic screwdriver or Tardis, where he dies a horrible death. He could just mind rape the Doctor. Or crush him like a bug. Or transmute him into a carrot. With a thought. Or turn the Doctor into a Dalek. Irony.

Some more.

Mad Jim Jaspers

Molecule Man

To your first point, in the novel Dimension Riders the Doctor shoved a being being that had the power to warp reality into a disconnected dimension inside the TARDIS and trapped it there. I will admit, that alone was hasty on my part to say that by itself would be able to defeat Galactus. Which is why I edited my post and said time loop Galactus, something the Doctor did in the episode Claws of Axos.

EDIT: When has Galactus erased 11-D entities? The TARDIS is merely a mathematically built shell that an 11-D entity lives in (the episode the Doctor's Wife, whatever the episode before Logopolis was, and various books and novels).

And no, Galactus isn't doing that, not when the Doctor has prep. Plus, the Doctor's plot aura extends to influencing beings that can pop universes like bubbles (the audio Gods and Monsters), so Galactus is certainly covered. The Doctor with prep can be at Galactus level, especially if he has no qualms about using the tech he has on hand. The Doctor with prep has the chance to engineer his mind with the telepathic circuits, which means he can shunt things that hit his mind into the very fabric of the TARDIS. He did it in the novel Deceit (and also in the novel Alien Bodies), shunting a telepathic parasite into a broken room of the TARDIS and ejected it. And that was without any conscious action, it was entirely his subconscious. With 2 years of prep, he can rig up thousands of redundant relays and keep his mind safe.

He can take his biodata and loop it around, if he has no morals, giving himself instant respawns if killed. Or simply make biodata copies of himself. Meaning, they would all be the original him, but there would be multiple original hims running around.

The next two people win, unless Doctor with prep + no morals means he goes Quantum Archangel and decides to take complete control of matter/energy/time. The only limit is processing power, and considering his unconscious mind can process hundreds of alternate futures constanly, he should do much better than a baseline human.

Darkseid is going to be jobbing like crazy to the Doctor. Heck, in Gods and Monsters, the Doctor had multiple beings, that had the power to blast him out of reality, leave him alone in a shop full of stuff that could be made into "magic" items, beyond even the level of reality warping the Doctor has shown in the show (see the episode the Time Monster and the time field device made of spoons, bowls, cups, and tea leaves). These god level beings, who were nowhere near as prideful as Darkseid, all let the Doctor go on his way, merely monologuing when they met. Heck, the Doctor caught two other of these godlike entities in a time looped pocket universe and forced them into mortal human bodies. These beings are specifically above beings that cannot even think in less than 5 dimensions because it is limiting to them, so they are certainly 7, if not 8, dimensional beings. The Doctor can make 6 dimensional beings mortal by hitting them with Time Vortex attacks. He certainly isn't going to go down like a chump to Darkseid, especially since we know the power of plot (every stupid time Superman beats Darkseid for some stupid plot reason) is literally in the Doctor's arsenal, and he knows it (novel Camera Obscuar, IIRC).

To everyone in the thread that has talked about the reality bomb, why the heck would the Doctor use that? Since we know that he can visit his own grave, and can step into his timeline, he could simply step into it and pull out all manner of stuff that he encountered in his past that is even more effective, since with no morals he doesn't care if time breaks. And if time breaks, it will try to snap back into place, which releases energy that TARDISes and stuff can grab (novel, the Dimension Riders).

#43 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge:

Who are the characters in that panel (aside from The Living Tribunal)?

#44 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Q wins.

#45 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

Hence why this thread specifies that he has prep.

#46 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

Some more.

Mad Jim Jaspers

Molecule Man

A quick point, but prior to The Last Great Time War, Dimensional travel for Time Lords was apparently very easy and done on a regular basis, as though they were vacationing. Due to one of the events during this war, the Dimensions were locked.

Even in the current season they still have several extra dimensional characters and plot lines. E.g. Canary Wharf.

Galactus also likely cannot erase the TARDIS. It's survived feats equivocal to what Galactus has in the form of the destruction/collapse of entire universes. The TARDIS is not getting just blinked away by Galactus, especially not a nominal leveled one.

#47 Posted by TheBournePoster (952 posts) - - Show Bio

When has it resisted molecular manipulation from a force as powerful as the power cosmic? He turns the tardis into cotton candy.

#48 Posted by ComicStooge (12795 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge:

I'm not sure. I'm unfimilar with my Marvel abstract beings.

#49 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

When has it resisted molecular manipulation from a force as powerful as the power cosmic? He turns the tardis into cotton candy.

Someone needs to tell me what the limits are of the power cosmic, because that is basically the argument for everything ever. It's just basically a God-Mod with how people present it, so is it? Is it just a limitless source of power, capable of demolishing time and collapsing dimensions? Is it some kind of supreme magic that can never be beaten ever?

#50 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge:

I think one is the inbetweener (the middle dude) and one is lord chaos (the floating head), but I have no idea who the last guy is.