Who can make it through Arkham City?

• 57 results
r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The following characters are placed in the same scenario as Arkham Batman was in Arkham City. They are admitted into Arkham City as an inmate in civilian gear but will be air dropped their standard gear as well as a commlink to Alfred, who will give them the same intel he gave to Batman.

1. CW Arrow

2. ST Into Darkness Khan

3. 616 Captain America

4. Master Chief

5. Judge Dredd

Can any of them stop the Big Bad's plan from happening in time?

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. No

2. Don't know.

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Probably

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Master Chief and the Cap and that's about it, considering how weak Star Trek characters are.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

the only person I can see on this list clearing is Cap. As for the question of who can clear, I'd say MGR Raiden would clear quickly

Devoted_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap, Khan, and Chief clear. Arrow fails, and I don't know enough about Judge Dredd to say.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap and Master Cheif clear

Lol Cheif with Standard gear one shots every body

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve and John clear in a stomp. Oliver gets wrecked, and Khan doesn't do much better. Don't know enough about Dredd.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie fails. Cap and MC make it through. Dredd is actually quite capable the last time I read anything from him so, I am going to say he makes it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zaied

None of them clear. They'll either die from Joker's blood, or fail to stop Protocol 10 and finding the cure. They won't be able to traverse the city as fast as Batman with his gliding, too. Even if they managed to find Ra's, Freeze wouldn't make a cure on their behalf.

There's also many areas that were inaccessible without Bruce's equipment. I'd love to see how Cap gets past the shark without a grappling hook or the freeze bombs.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: It doesn't say they're subject to poison by the Joker's blood. They are just admitted in the same way. It's pretty much they go from where Bruce got his suit onward.

But going back to the thread, none of them have Bruce's detective skills, so that will make it harder than I originally thought.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Cap and Chief should, although I don't know if they'd apprehend everyone...like Riddler. Chief could probably power through due to his armor and Cortana to get Nygma.

Actually Chief wouldn't even get ambushed by Joker and injected with his blood...the game would be over pretty damn quick...

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Plus, John wouldn't have any qualms about killing the villains.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Frisky4

@granitesoldier: Do you think either of those two can solve the riddles, decode the signals, etc?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stormdriven

@frisky4: Cortana wouldn't have a problem

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zaied

@stormdriven: It does say same scenario which implies everything that was a hindrance to Bruce in terms of plot. I figured that would include the poison which is a huge part of the story.

Regardless, I don't see them clearing. Bruce knew what he was doing, and possessed gear that isn't standard for these guys. He also got flat out lucky at points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them are getting Ra's' blood.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: Cortana wouldn't have a problem

Good point. Right now I'm thinking Chief is the only one who can make it.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: The OP starts it from the part where Bruce gets his gear, so that's where I take it. From then on, neither John nor Steve would get hit with the poison.

And I don't recall any parts that John or Steve couldn't just power through or do with just physicals (other than some of the shock gates, but armor and shield go a long way).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zaied

@stormdriven: Guess OP would have to clarify to be sure. Stopping the "big bad's plan" would mean stopping Joker, which means stopping Hugo, which means stopping Ra's. They're all connected in terms of plot.

That aside, how do they beat Penguin? The ice would likely break under Chief's weight which leads to him falling in the water, and Cap doesn't have the gear to make it across without becoming shark food.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Yeah. John would probably plow through everyone, like Joker, Harley, Two-Face, Penguin, and eventually marches up to Wonder Tower and straight up destroys TYGER and Hugo Strange with ease. Cap and Dredd could probably do the same. As soon as they armor up they will mow down hordes of goons and fodder and soldiers and stomp the entire city.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Joker wouldn't get the drop on him, since Steve is faster than Arkham Bats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Its not really a speed thing. Joker just snuck up on batman and got him from behind

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: Chief wouldn't have a problem, he'd beat Penguin long before it got to that point, same with Cap.

@nightway: I don't see any reason for them not to :P

The only problem would be the detective work.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Detective work? They are soldiers. They would know that Strange is running everything since they are up to the point in the game with gear. They simply go to Wonder Tower and take him out, along with TYGER. IF, and only if they find out about Ra's then he's a dead man too.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Steve can sense a shift in air currents, so he'd be harder to sneak up on

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway: They would still need to beat Joker as well

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zaied

Do people not actually remember Arkham City's major plot points? If they can't find Ra's they fail by virtue of Joker's blood remaining in circulation at the hospitals. Tons of civilians will drop dead after that regardless of what villains are beaten. Bruce, even with his detective skills and experience dealing with him, only found Ra's due to Detective Mode and a careless assassin leading him to their hideout.

OP isn't asking if Cap, Chief, etc. could beat up the villains since that isn't actually relevant to the overall plot. They have to find Ra's, collect his blood, create a cure, mass produce it, leave AC, and then deliver the cure to all Gotham hospitals within 24 hours. If they're incapable of doing any one of those things then it's automatically game over.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

@stormdriven: Guess OP would have to clarify to be sure. Stopping the "big bad's plan" would mean stopping Joker, which means stopping Hugo, which means stopping Ra's. They're all connected in terms of plot.

That aside, how do they beat Penguin? The ice would likely break under Chief's weight which leads to him falling in the water, and Cap doesn't have the gear to make it across without becoming shark food.

OP here, the characters essentially start from that point on the rooftop where they get airdropped and then go from there. They are acting in character and don't necessarily have to go down the exact same path Batman did, though Alfred's prompts may make that more likely. So I guess any one of them getting poisoned would be dependent on whether the Joker could get the drop on them.

Though do poison/diseases even affect Steve? I vaguely recall him being immune or at least extremely resistant to poisons in his respect thread. He's at least completely immune to radiation poisoning, however relevant that is.

Also, it's not so much a matter of how many people can they beat up, but whether they can stop Strange/Ra's/Joker's plans and prevent the mass casualties from their respective plots.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hatemalingsia

Master Chief. Captain America too, I think.

Devoted_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap and Chief could do it I think. Since they're in character, why would Khan even care?

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Chief is the only one who can do it. He has Cortana.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap, Khan, and Chief clear. Arrow fails, and I don't know enough about Judge Dredd to say.

LunaticRedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None here could solve things like the riddles im sure they dont have batman's detective skills

Except chief Chief one shots everybody and fools around while cortana solves the riddles

Devoted_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By _Nox_

How are they going to get past the demon trials. More specifically the part that requires them to glide? I could only see Master Chief passing them based on the jet pack or whatever you call it.

Also, it was never stated in the OP that chief would get Cortana, the same way that it was never said that they would get injected with Joker's blood so I don't know what any of you are talking about.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. CW Arrow No

2. ST Into Darkness Khan No

3. 616 Captain America Clears

4. Master Chief Clears

5. Judge Dredd Dunno about him...

The_Replicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 no, the others yes

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_ said:

How are they going to get past the demon trials. More specifically the part that requires them to glide? I could only see Master Chief passing them based on the jet pack or whatever you call it.

Also, it was never stated in the OP that chief would get Cortana, the same way that it was never said that they would get injected with Joker's blood so I don't know what any of you are talking about.

Chief has standard gear. If Cortana is part of his standard gear, he gets her.

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only problems for Olie (on the top of my head) are Grundy, Freeze, and Ras

mikebrowneyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Arrow Dies

ST into Darkness Khan Maybe

616 Cap Clears

Master Chief LOL Clears

Dredd Well, he is the law

Devoted_Rogue