This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Who can defeat Death of the Endless?

And no guys like any toonforce characters like Bugs Bunny, The Mask, Road Runner etc or Squirrel Girl because I'm sick of hearing of those guys on ComicVine! and no Powerful characters like TOAA, The Presence/Over-Monitor, MoM, Anyone with the HOTU, The Living Tribunal, Lucifer Morningstar & Michael Demiurgos, CA Superman/Thought Robot and Both Pre-Recton Beyonder & Molecule Man because we all know those guys can defeat Death.

I want to know are the weakest characters that can beat her.

#1 Posted by JediXMan (30618 posts) - - Show Bio

You essentially just listed the guys who can beat her. I can't really go beyond that league of characters.

#2 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

You essentially just listed the guys who can beat her. I can't really go beyond that league of characters.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33435 posts) - - Show Bio

To defeat Death they would have to kill everything in the universe and then commit suicide so it's basically a stalemate for whoever 

#4 Edited by NeonGameWave (7784 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Yea I know I said a few but is there any others that can defeat her?

#6 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: Asura might actuallt have a hard time with Death, sure he killed the God of his universe but he didn't seem that powerful, I don't know who that character in the picture in the middle is nore the two characters in the big picture that the bottom is (Is that bottom picture from "Rise of the Guardians"?) but definitely not Mario!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

Asura definitely cant defeat death, elder god demondbane probably can, and i think the big image are the primordial gods from the god of war ascension trailer isn't that right? i doubt they could take death.

#8 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio
 Shiki Ryougi
#10 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight: Great evil beast, Elaine Belloc, COIE anti monitor, Amalgam brothers, Mandrakk, Mxy, Bat mite, Spectre, probably IG

#11 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447: You just broke the rules! I did say "no Powerful characters like TOAA, The Presence/Over-Monitor, MoM, Anyone with the HOTU, The Living Tribunal, Lucifer Morningstar & Michael Demiurgos, CA Superman/Thought Robot and Both Pre-Recton Beyonder & Molecule Man" because we all know those guys can defeat Death.

Ans you showed of picture of MoM.

#12 Edited by Dredeuced (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Immortal. His mutant power is to have evolved beyond death, and thus defeats her on a philosophic level.

I'm not sure if this one breaks your "too powerful" rule, but Destiny of the Endless is similar -- he was there before Death, and he will be there after. He shepherds all destiny Death's destiny is not beyond him.

#13 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight: lol my bad i didn't see m.o.m at first glance the ill have to say maybe the dreaming celestial

#14 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I remember of the Sandman series, the Endless were powerful but not undefeatable. I think the skyfathers in Marvel and the Abstracts like Galactus would be roughly their equivalents. So I'm going to say Marvel's Lady Death.

#15 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@DangerousLoki said:

From what I remember of the Sandman series, the Endless were powerful but not undefeatable. I think the skyfathers in Marvel and the Abstracts like Galactus would be roughly their equivalents. So I'm going to say Marvel's Lady Death.

skyfathers? no way, abstracts? possibly but not galactus, id say higher abstracts such as eternity, infinity and oblivion.

#16 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@DangerousLoki: I think Both Death of the Endless and Death from Marvel can probably stalemate but definitely not the Skyfathers and Galactus.

#17 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I can't remember any of the Endless ever doing anything that puts them above skyfather. I know their power level is stated as being above the gods but I can't really recall them ever having potent displays of power. Morpheus had power over the Dreaming and he was shown as being more powerful then the gods because they were manifestations of mankind but in Marvel this isn't the case. The gods are real. Not just constructs of myth made by man. But I'll admit my only knowledge of the Endless is merely from the Sandman series so if anyone has any feats of power to establish them I'm more then happy to see them. I can't remember any feats from Morpheus and I vaguely remember him struggling against normal humans at one point.

#18 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight: you didn't mention Infinity Gauntlet so i'll say anyone with IG :D

#19 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by NeonGameWave (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight said:

@NeonGameWave: Asura might actuallt have a hard time with Death, sure he killed the God of his universe but he didn't seem that powerful, I don't know who that character in the picture in the middle is nore the two characters in the big picture that the bottom is (Is that bottom picture from "Rise of the Guardians"?) but definitely not Mario!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. However Chakravartin was not only the shaper of the Asura universe but he himself is a being of death as he basically is the ruler of Naraka (Asura Wrath`s Underworld) now he is very powerful as he was able to create a dimension, throw planets as well as suns at Asura and destroy entire planets with ease in his base form, he is above a solar system threat. Asura was able to compete with him in his dimension and overcame his attacks through sheer force alone. Asura like Kratos has also escaped the hands of death as shown in the following video, climbing his way out of Naraka so Asura in a sense does have an experience with death and an entity of death as well through physical force he accomplishes the impossible.

1:44 - 4:00

The character in the middle is named Elder God Demonbane who is from the video game Demonbane as he is a omniversal threat he is basically on Lucifer Morningstar`s level or above he should be able to defeat Death with not much trouble.

http://omniversal.wikispaces.com/Demonbane+Details

The reason I mentioned Mario is because he`s basically is the embodiment of invincibility when he has his Stars and has shown in many of the games that he can take on universal as well as multiversal threats, Super Paper Mario is a good example when he took on Count Bleck and Dimentio who can destroy entire existences with the Chaos Heart.

The characters in the bottom picture are the Primordials from God of War Ascension in which they are basically fabrics of the universe as they existed before the Gods, Titans and existence. They were formed by Chaos which is the Void for the God of War universe and through a battle that lasted for eternity they formed the earth through their wounds in which they could only hurt one another as they are elemental beings and they are the creators of the planets as well as stars. As you can see in the video below one of the Primordials was attacked by another in which it led to the creation and placing of the stars, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions resulted form the other Primordials and these beings are immortal as they cannot be killed, and are literal fabrics of the universe.

0:51 - 3:00

#21 Posted by 18hunt (2904 posts) - - Show Bio

Some one Immortal? I don't no her

#22 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight said:

@All_Mighty_Beyonder: I think she can beat anyone with the IG but it woun't be easy.

P.S. have you seen my Anti-Monitor (GL: TAS) vs Mothra thread yet?

nop, i'm not expert on DC, but if Death of the Endless equals Death of Marvel, then anyone with IG can beat her.

PS : i don't know this Mothra but it seems very powerful.

#23 Posted by NeonGameWave (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Asura at full potential can probably defeat Death as he defeated a death being of great power within his universe named Chakravartin and I don`t believe he reached his full potential yet. Elder God Demonbane should be able to defeat Death without much trouble as he is an omniversal being at full power. Yes, you are correct they are the Primordials from God of War Ascension and they are basically fabrics of the universe itself and are beings who have formed the stars as well as earth in which they are immortal and surpass the Gods, Titans and etc. They have existed before existence itself as they were formed by Chaos the universal force of the God of War universe.

#24 Posted by JediXMan (30618 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight said:

@JediXMan: Yea I know I said a few but is there any others that can defeat her?

Nobody below that caliber of characters (basically, characters of a similar level as those you mentioned)

#25 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Lina Inverse F****d up a Giga Slave Spell.

God Spawn with MoM powers.

Roland in the Dark Tower.

Anyone who sees a pattern with these normally low level 3 characters get a cookie. :)

#27 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@DangerousLoki: Read Sandman again, Each one of the endless are FAAAAAR! beyond the Skyfarthers Morpheus all the Skyfarthers to sleep forever.

#28 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight: Dream was captured and imprisoned by a minor wizard and his son for years. Dream has no feats in the Sandman series really to speak of. Now if you have feats of him or the other Endless, I welcome them. But it's never really given what the Endless can do. Does Destiny control destiny or is he just the representation of him? It's heavily implied that he's powerless to stop the course of the future, that he knows what will come. The paths of the future but not always able to effect it. Dream controls the Dreaming but never is it implied that he has power beyond that. Death represents the end but it doesn't really imply she has the choices in the matter. She is the end. It's never implied that she is able to kill people. She is Death. She is where Death is. She doesn't kill Dream. Dream dies and she comes. But could she have refused him? Could she have saved him or was she powerless to do this? There's a lot of this in the main Sandman series. The question of whether they were the power of their representations or slaves to it.

#29 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447: Nope, he gets horrible stomped.

#30 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight: dreaming celestial is just as powerful as the fulcrum who is jack kirby who is basically TOAA so no he does not get stomped at all..

#31 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@All_Mighty_Beyonder: Well actually I've heard that she is actually more powerful then Marvel's Death but I probably would still say anyone with the IG can give her a hard time.

#33 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight: that is not concrete evidence that is just people assuming

#35 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Oh yea! I remember Elder God Demonbane now! Yea he can definatly defeat Dath.

Chakravartin probably wasn't even on Eternity's level and yes Death of the Endless would also be able to death him.

Mario being the embodiment of invincibility woun't help him to defeat death.

And are those Primordials on par with someone like Lucifer Morningstar or the Living Tribunal? if not they will loose.

#36 Posted by lemonfryer (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Bugs Bunny, The Mask, Road Runner, Squirrel Girl, TOAA, The Presence/Over-Monitor, MoM, Anyone with the HOTU, The Living Tribunal, Lucifer Morningstar & Michael Demiurgos, CA Superman/Thought Robot and Both Pre-Recton Beyonder & Molecule Man, basically the characters with toon force and the really powerful characters

#37 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Bugs Bunny, The Mask, Road Runner, Squirrel Girl, TOAA, The Presence/Over-Monitor, MoM, Anyone with the HOTU, The Living Tribunal, Lucifer Morningstar & Michael Demiurgos, CA Superman/Thought Robot and Both Pre-Recton Beyonder & Molecule Man, basically the characters with toon force and the really powerful characters

Why the hell did you have to bump this thread?

Anyways I said you couldn't pick any of those characters but what ever, NOW LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!!

#38 Edited by leman_russ (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaos gods

#39 Edited by SupermanWins465 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't mind me, just taking this easy win.

#40 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7626 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by SupermanWins465 (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7626 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by RetconCrisis (3858 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who is a walking plot device.

#44 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

a small bit of power from the forth most powerful endless is enough to make and destroy millions of universes. death is the second most powerful, so i think that no one below the mandrakk can touch her. even then, not anyone above can kill her for she is the final death. Morpheus died, but he was killed by his brothers, so i doubt that counts.