• 68 results
#1 Edited by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

Island Facility the size of New York

RULES:

All Participants are to start at the same time.

They have 2 days to PLAN and Build their respective armors.

All the materials provided to them.

After they have built their respective armor, they are to test it among themselves.

Candidates:

Hank Pym

Tony Stark

Lex Luthor

Reed Richards

Batman

Dr. Doom

Dr. Light (Megaman)

Dr. Willy (Megaman)

Let the Battle Royale Begin!

#2 Edited by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.

Reed did build the anti Galactus robot armor.

Given the time limit, though, I think Dr. Doom's magical abilities would give him the edge. He could expand those two days into months relative to him to work on it, and even without time screwery magic is pretty handy in general.

#3 Posted by GhettoSwag (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank pym OFCC he created Ultron Avengers #1 enemy

#4 Posted by HereComesTheBoom_Headshot (321 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not part of the line-up, but I'd say Box.

#5 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas:why did you include Batman in this? he is tactical genius, not an Engineer.

btw, in the end, it will be down to Tony Stark, Lex Luthor, Doom and Reed...can't decide.

but I will give the edge to Stark, he has more extensive history feats of building killer robot (eg: Split-Pheonix-into-pieces-armor)

#6 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas:why did you include Batman in this? he is tactical genius, not an Engineer.

btw, in the end, it will be down to Tony Stark, Lex Luthor, Doom and Reed...can't decide.

but I will give the edge to Stark, he has more extensive history feats of building killer robot (eg: Split-Pheonix-into-pieces-armor)

Well he did made an armor that he use to battle DP SUpes. LOLZ

#7 Posted by hsm1 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed - As previously mentioned, he created the anti Galactus armor.

Doom - He's either second or first equal; his magic may even give him an edge over Reed. Hasn't Stark admitted that Dooms suit is more advance?

Stark - For obvious reasons: He's Iron Man. Building armor is what he does. Doom and Reed are just smarter than him.

Pym - Ultron, need I say more? He's extremely close to Stark, I just feel stark has more experience so he would win.

Luthor - Though the war suit is extremely powerful, the others are more experienced than Luthor in building suit. Though Luthor has the intelligence and capabilities to rival Stark, he doesn't have the experience.

Batman - Though Batman is smart, I feel that Batman isn't in the same league as these guys. The Insider suit does show that Batman can potentially challenge these guys, though. However, the other guys just have more experience.

#8 Edited by Onemoreposter (4056 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony I suppose builds the best armors. I mean, Stark has built more armors than any of us can recount. However, Lex get an honorable mention for building armors that can go head to head with Superman holding back and Doom gets MAJOR props for having an armor than can hold up to Tony's any time they meet. However, I realize Doom is bolstered by magic and skill. SO, I'd say Tony is the most creative at building armors, but honestly, Doom's armors are the most effective over the longest periods of time.

#9 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@goddamnironman said:

Ya, I know, the armor from the Dark Knight returns....but everyone on the list had better feat than this. And how about Professor Ivo, Amazo is very badass android. I would replace Batman with Professor Ivo.

#10 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm tempted to say Luthor over Tony as his suits are designed to fight Superman but Tony needs special suits to fight Thor and Hulk, but Tony has clearly shown an ability to build a wide variety of suits and that counts for something. He might build a suit designed to take out other suits o_O;

I would assume Richards though unless Doom has build a suit to surpass Reed's. Granted, could Reed afford the full fight?

#11 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas said:

@goddamnironman said:

Ya, I know, the armor from the Dark Knight returns....but everyone on the list had better feat than this. And how about Professor Ivo, Amazo is very badass android. I would replace Batman with Professor Ivo.

Do you think he would fare as a fighter?

#12 Edited by MonsterStomp (18130 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: I don't know if its me or of how you worded it:

A) 2 days to both plan and construct a suit or 2 days to plan?

Reason: 2 days is nothing, I mean these guys are geniuses.

B) When you say "test it amongst themselves", you mean fight right?

- I just saw a bunch of nerds testing robots in my head when that came up.

#13 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: I don't know if its me or of how you worded it:

A) 2 days to both plan and construct a suit or 2 days to plan?

Reason: 2 days is nothing, I mean these guys are geniuses.

B) When you say "test it amongst themselves", you mean fight right?

- I just saw a bunch of nerds testing robots in my head when that came up.

I made it 2 days because of the following reason:

Create Armor

Device Counter Strategies (It is not 1 on 1)

Testing and Trouble Shooting

By "Test it among themselves" means they need to battle among themselves using the armor they created.

#14 Edited by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@goddamnironman said:

@overlordarhas said:

@goddamnironman said:

Do you think he would fare as a fighter?

he would stomps everyone in a fight....but on this match, he will loss badly.

#15 Edited by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

I am with what Dredeuced said, Reed's Anti-Galactus armor stands out from the rest.

Iron Man's Phoenix Killer should not be far behind, although Iron Man had help.

Ultron is a sentinent robot, not much of an armor, and not really sure why creating a robot, that turned against you, would be a noteworthy feat. Besides Ultron wasnt uber powerful when created, it was Ultron "own" ability to evolve that made him progressively more powerful. It however was pretty damn durable.

Dr. Doom is actually not know to create Armor, but given his expertise, he could give Reed Richards a run for his money. I still put my money on Reed over Doom, on thing mostly scientific, anyday.

Batman's armor was in a non-canon encounter, although in a canon comics Batman was shown having a huge armor that look identical to JLA members, whose powers were sadly not detailed.

Lex Luthor, here is most know for creating Armor, he makes the most number of Armor, but call me a fanboy, but i'd take Reed over Lex any day, any time. :)

Reed for me..

When it comes to build, Reed beats everyone else in marvel really, after all even currently Hickman classified Reed's special power was "universal builder", pick ANY New Avengers comics from Hickman its pretty clearly there.

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (18130 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: Soooo just 2 days for planning? How much time to constuct?

#17 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I am with what Dredeuced said, Reed's Anti-Galactus armor stands out from the rest.

oh yeah, that thing that doesn't have any feast is somehow impressive. I mean, it looks like Galactus, but no one ever actually showed any impressive showings in that thing that appeared one time and was never mentioned before or after

Dr. Doom is actually not know to create Armor, but given his expertise, he could give Reed Richards a run for his money. I still put my money on Reed over Doom, on thing mostly scientific, anyday.

hey, you know what Doctor doom has standard in his armor?

force fields more durable than Galactus

Secret Wars 1, you can read the issue if you think those scans were out of context.

@overlordarhas: watch as Killemall calls me "bias" or a "troll" because of I brought up stuff he'd reather not remmeber, this is gonna be great

#18 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark.

He can build the best armor if he has access to all the materials he needs.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#19 Edited by SlimJ87D (9953 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank pym OFCC he created Ultron Avengers #1 enemy

Hank Pym commented that he created Ultron's AI but Ultron pretty much improved and built himself. Just saying.

#20 Posted by Hyperlight (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

im leaning towards doom

#21 Edited by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio
@betatesthighlander1 said:

@killemall said:

oh yeah, that thing that doesn't have any feast is somehow impressive. I mean, it looks like Galactus, but no one ever actually showed any impressive showings in that thing that appeared one time and was never mentioned before or after

Really?

You know coz i recall

1. CAP, an undefeatable Robot soloing entire marvel earth

And the next issue's first page says:

2. And Anti Galactus robot stomping CAP with all but 1 punch

3. And the feat was labelled as "defying scientific impossibility"

But if you still wanna call it featless then well more powerful to you :)

hey, you know what Doctor doom has standard in his armor?

force fields more durable than GalactusSecret Wars 1, you can read the issue if you think those scans were out of context.

@overlordarhas: watch as Killemall calls me "bias" or a "troll" because of I brought up stuff he'd reather not remmeber, this is gonna be great

I get to learn new things every day, i did not know Dr. Doom's armor was more durable than Galactus.

Coz i suppose i consider Galactus a little more durable than struggle with Sentry

Or struggle with Thing on a random encounter , or struggle with FF for on a fight , or lose to Silver Sufer in a one on one fight.

Meh perhaps i am over-estimating Galactus , he would probably have lost against Sentry, and struggled against Thing, FF, Magneto, Silver Surfer, Spiderman and all.

And i would like a little more than Dr. Doom following Galactus, clocked himself, while Galactus get blasted (note how blast doesnt even touch Dr. Doom)

But well you can call me bias if you like, because i would want a little more concrete feat from a guy, who is constantly for about 60 years now, shown to be a whole LOT less durable than Galactus, then this to supposedly put him above Galactus but meh.

;)

Edit: there is one instance where Dr. Doom tanked a blast from Thanos with IG, which is impressive, i personally wouldnt put too much money on that feat, given a well established power level of Dr.Doom (whose durability at times exceeds that of Thor and likes, and other time not as much) .

#22 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin (Marvel) and Ares (DC) trumps those on the list.

#23 Posted by WillPayton (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, but even by comic book logic/physics/feats this thread is poorly thought out. It doesnt say they have any manufacturing facilities, only "materials" and 2 days. Sadly, without superspeed, automated manufacturing, or pre-built parts, no amount of genius is going to yield any working armor in 2 DAYS.

<sigh>

But, whatever, Tony wins. He's a master of building armor in an armor-building contest. The answer should be obvious.

#24 Edited by WillPayton (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

There's also others in DC that have created some nice suits of armor like John Henry Irons (Steel armor) and Ted Kord (Booster Gold armor).

#25 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

Really?

You know coz i recall

But if you still wanna call it featless then well more powerful to you :)

1. CAP did not solo the entire Marvel Universe, strongest guy we see him fighting is Iron Man

2. one fight showing him punching out an above average robot, that punch was impressive, but that suit is a little large to classify as "armor"(does a battleship count as armor?) and we don't really have any durability feats

3. defying impossibility would mean obeying nothing but possibility, so that's really not that impressive to guys who constantly defy the laws of physics.

I get to learn new things every day, i did not know Dr. Doom's armor was more durable than Galactus.

Coz i suppose i consider Galactus a little more durable than struggle with Sentry

Or struggle with Thing on a random encounter , or struggle with FF for on a fight , or lose to Silver Sufer in a one on one fight.

Meh perhaps i am over-estimating Galactus , he would probably have lost against Sentry, and struggled against Thing, FF, Magneto, Silver Surfer, Spiderman and all.

1. Sentry has an amount of power that is pretty impossible to define, I mean, that's a pretty moot point

2. Doctor Doom does a lot of stuff on a fairly regular basis that doesn't really make any sense, he's been shown to make engines thousands of times hotter than the sun and never pull them out again, create armies of nearly indestructible robots and never pull them out again, does essentially nothing with the time machine in his garage; he has a lot of tech he rarely pulls out

And i would like a little more than Dr. Doom following Galactus, clocked himself, while Galactus get blasted (note how blast doesnt even touch Dr. Doom)

Like, punched himself?

perspective is a bit weird there, I'll give you that, but that looks like at least a glancing blow to me. that, and the scan right above pretty clearly shows Doom inside of the Beyonder's blast, and the scan right in front of it pretty clearly shows Doom inside the Beyonder's blast (closer to the Beyonder's "body" than Galactus) so, if anything, Doom left and then came back

Uhmm, he survived the same blast that knocked out Galactus, that's a pretty solid feat IMO

and I've read some Doom appearances in my time, and I'd hardly say that he "constantly" shows less durability

Edit: there is one instance where Dr. Doom tanked a blast from Thanos with IG, which is impressive, i personally wouldnt put too much money on that feat, given a well established power level of Dr.Doom (whose durability at times exceeds that of Thor and likes, and other time not as much) .

well, people like Thor can hold casual conversations inside of the sun

#27 Edited by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

2. one fight showing him punching out an above average robot, that punch was impressive, but that suit is a little large to classify as "armor"(does a battleship count as armor?) and we don't really have any durability feats

3. defying impossibility would mean obeying nothing but possibility, so that's really not that impressive to guys who constantly defy the laws of physics.

This is exactly why i dislike debating with you , specially the 3rd part where you pretty much ignored everything shown in front of you and say stuffs like "defying physical impossibility" would just be similar to defying gravity when its pretty clearly the issue is saying Cap was unstoppable and it was pretty clearly said to show the feat was extremely impressive.

1. I never said Marvel Universe, not once, not sure where you get stuffs like that. I said Marvel Earth, and no Iron Man isnt even close to the strongest person he fights. Also he doesnt have to fight a lot, you claimed this:

which has been soundly shown to be incorrect.

As per who he fought who was more powerful than Iron Man, lets try and add more scans to the original fight (which i wouldnt have to if you had read the issue or actually read on the character before claiming stuffs like you are going now)

There are likely a lot more if i delve into the issue properly, which i am lazy at the moment to do, but i can see:

a. Sentry and Ms Marvel

b. Captain Britain

c. Hercules

d. Dr. Strange

And its not like he fought them one at a time he fought them together

To turn that around and say it was just an "above average robot" is just not correct.

2. Do i once claim he has enough feats to suggest he is at Galactus level, no. But we have the fact that :

a. Worlds smartest person, or least one very close to it, created the robot to specifically fight Galactus. So it was should reasonably be close to Galactus in terms of power level.

b. You could say it doesnt have feat, but Miller shows us the same robot, one shot CAP, a robot which was clearly shown to be unstoppable, the same robot, that fought FF + Avengers + X-men together and won easily. So there is still a good indication that he was "probably" just as powerful as Galactus.

3. I think its upto what you decide, Reed clearly gets into the robot and drives it from inside,which is similar to other armor or robots we have seen, i.e. Iron Man Phoenix killer, so i think it could count.

4. So you are really telling me thats what the writers intention was when writing the issue, that this phase meant he could do stuff like defy gravity? Its pretty clearly the writers is trying to emphasis on how huge the feat , any reasonable person would exactly interpret it the same way.

1. Sentry has an amount of power that is pretty impossible to define, I mean, that's a pretty moot point

So you are pretty much telling me an armor more durable than Galactus cant stand up against Sentry? Really?

Well good though given Sentry was one of the person stomped in the fight by CAP, the robot that Galactus Killer annihilated.

2. Doctor Doom does a lot of stuff on a fairly regular basis that doesn't really make any sense, he's been shown to make engines thousands of times hotter than the sun and never pull them out again, create armies of nearly indestructible robots and never pull them out again, does essentially nothing with the time machine in his garage; he has a lot of tech he rarely pulls out

What was the context in which you started the debate again? You claimed Dr. Doom force field on his regular armor is more powerful than Galactus i fail to see how any of those prep feat has anything to with what you claimed.

Its not like i even once disagreed Dr. Doom was pretty beastly with prep, in fact lets quote what i orginally said, and the post you "attempted" to correct me on, and went so far to tag another user to show how wrong i was :

I mean at least read what i am saying before you try to correct if, specially if you are going to tag in someone to over-see a correction .

Dr. Doom is not even remotely shown anywhere close to Galactus normally, anyone saying Dr. Doom is potrayed as just as durable than Galactus, let alone more so, is just outright lying.

Dr. Doom is more or less thing class in strength and durable,actually even below, we do have marvel handbook, a few of them showing his durability.

perspective is a bit weird there, I'll give you that, but that looks like at least a glancing blow to me. that, and the scan right above pretty clearly shows Doom inside of the Beyonder's blast, and the scan right in front of it pretty clearly shows Doom inside the Beyonder's blast (closer to the Beyonder's "body" than Galactus) so, if anything, Doom left and then came back

Dont see what perspective has got to do with it, its pretty clearly shown that Dr. Doom was just following Galactus thru to see why Beyonder is, and Beyonder blast Galactus not Dr. Doom.

Its pretty clearly shown Dr. Doom not even being touched by the energy attack at Galactus.

Close to Beyonder's body? you mean the light which shows Beyonder watching over them?

Sure Dr. Doom would look closer, after all Galactus was ahead the whole time but he got basted, Dr. Doom was barely even hit by the side effect, and they both fall to the ground.

Uhmm, he survived the same blast that knocked out Galactus, that's a pretty solid feat IMO

and I've read some Doom appearances in my time, and I'd hardly say that he "constantly" shows less durability

If you ignore a clear scan of the blast not even really hitting him, or the fact that Beyonder was attacking Galactus not him , because it was Galactus who tried to defy him and challenge him at that point.

Am i saying Dr. Doom's durability isnt impressive no.

Am i saying Dr. Doom is no where close to as durable as Galactus, absolutely.

And second part you are really claiming Dr. Doom is NOT constantly shown to be a lot less durable than Galactus? Not sure if you really expect to comment to that because thats just outright false.

Let me know if you really want proof, i do have 50 years worth of FF comics, i can look thru it and i can assure you i can at least post 10 clear instances which shows Dr. Doom not being anywhere close to as durable as Galactus, but then anyone reasonable would already know that a normal marvel earth villian, even one of the smartest one, is never shown to be anywhere close to as durable as Galactus.

well, people like Thor can hold casual conversations inside of the sun

I fail to see how Thor talking to Atum in the core of a sun, has any relevance to Dr. Doom being more durable than Galactus.

#28 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

This is exactly why i dislike debating with you , specially the 3rd part where you pretty much ignored everything shown in front of you and say stuffs like "defying physical impossibility" would just be similar to defying gravity when its pretty clearly the issue is saying Cap was unstoppable and it was pretty clearly said to show the feat was extremely impressive.

yes, defying possibility is like defying gravity

""defying gravity" means not obeying gravity

"defying impossibility" means to not obey impossibility, therefor one would be obeying nothing but possibility

1. I never said Marvel Universe, not once, not sure where you get stuffs like that. I said Marvel Earth, and no Iron Man isnt even close to the strongest person he fights. Also he doesnt have to fight a lot, you claimed this:

sorry, "Earth", he still wasn;t fighting about 98% of the Earthbound characters in Marvel

which has been soundly shown to be incorrect.

As per who he fought who was more powerful than Iron Man, lets try and add more scans to the original fight (which i wouldnt have to if you had read the issue or actually read on the character before claiming stuffs like you are going now)

There are likely a lot more if i delve into the issue properly, which i am lazy at the moment to do, but i can see:

a. Sentry and Ms Marvel

b. Captain Britain

c. Hercules

d. Dr. Strange

And its not like he fought them one at a time he fought them together

okay, yeah, no one more powerful than Iron Man let's go here

Sentry has crazily fluctuating power levels

Ms Marvel wasn't very impressive at that point in time

Capatin Britain is captain Britain

Hercules is strong, but Iron still has more versatility (especially against giant robots)

Strange has no durability to speak of

The fact that he fought them all at once, knocked them all out, but somehow managed to kill no one makes this make a whole lot less sense

2. Do i once claim he has enough feats to suggest he is at Galactus level, no. But we have the fact that :

a. Worlds smartest person, or least one very close to it, created the robot to specifically fight Galactus. So it was should reasonably be close to Galactus in terms of power level.

b. You could say it doesnt have feat, but Miller shows us the same robot, one shot CAP, a robot which was clearly shown to be unstoppable, the same robot, that fought FF + Avengers + X-men together and won easily. So there is still a good indication that he was "probably" just as powerful as Galactus.

3. I think its upto what you decide, Reed clearly gets into the robot and drives it from inside,which is similar to other armor or robots we have seen, i.e. Iron Man Phoenix killer, so i think it could count.

4. So you are really telling me thats what the writers intention was when writing the issue, that this phase meant he could do stuff like defy gravity? Its pretty clearly the writers is trying to emphasis on how huge the feat , any reasonable person would exactly interpret it the same way.

2. no, you didn't

a. not really. Reedf was never able to engineer a Galactus-level machine before, and he never stated that it would be on level with Galactus

B. so, Sntry at his most powerful can shatter a planet lets say, let's presume CAP was about a hundred times as powerful as Sentry, and The Anti-Galactus suit was about one thousand times as powerful as CAP (that sounds reasonable, right?)

well, that would be about enough power to destroy the sun, on five hundred billionth of the galaxy

and do I really need to post the scans of Galactus beating Odin and Odin busting galaxies?

3(for some reason). well, in that case couldn't just make a giant engine covered in all of his previous nefarious inventions?

4. any reasonable person would understand what a double-negative is. Okay, whatever, fine, he broke possibility you know who else does that? every scientist in comic books.

What was the context in which you started the debate again? You claimed Dr. Doom force field on his regular armor is more powerful than Galactus i fail to see how any of those prep feat has anything to with what you claimed.

Its not like i even once disagreed Dr. Doom was pretty beastly with prep, in fact lets quote what i orginally said, and the post you "attempted" to correct me on, and went so far to tag another user to show how wrong i was :

Doctor Doom had those forcefield, the fight in Secret Wars was a random encounter, I'm just saying Doom tends to forget all of the stuff he makes (like how red didn't pull out the Anti-Galactus suit when Galactus came during Chaos War)

I tagged the other user because if I didn't do that you would have just called me a troll and refused to discuss anything

@killemall said:

I mean at least read what i am saying before you try to correct if, specially if you are going to tag in someone to over-see a correction .

Dr. Doom is not even remotely shown anywhere close to Galactus normally, anyone saying Dr. Doom is potrayed as just as durable than Galactus, let alone more so, is just outright lying.

Dr. Doom is more or less thing class in strength and durable,actually even below, we do have marvel handbook, a few of them showing his durability.

yeah, that's what I was mad about

yeah, what kind of idiot says that comic book characters do things that they did. that's just rediculous

Marvel Handbooks have referred to the Hulk as "The most powerful being to ever walk the Earth" their not always accurate.

Dont see what perspective has got to do with it, its pretty clearly shown that Dr. Doom was just following Galactus thru to see why Beyonder is, and Beyonder blast Galactus not Dr. Doom.

Its pretty clearly shown Dr. Doom not even being touched by the energy attack at Galactus.

Close to Beyonder's body? you mean the light which shows Beyonder watching over them?

Sure Dr. Doom would look closer, after all Galactus was ahead the whole time but he got basted, Dr. Doom was barely even hit by the side effect, and they both fall to the ground.

The perspective of the beam makes it seem like it's glancing Doom's forcefield

Beyonder's "body", sorry, the source of the Beyonder's Earthly power, is that any better?

top right of the second page clearly shows Doom tanking the same blast Galactus did

yeah, we see Doom getting blasted, it's right there on panel

If you ignore a clear scan of the blast not even really hitting him, or the fact that Beyonder was attacking Galactus not him , because it was Galactus who tried to defy him and challenge him at that point.

Am i saying Dr. Doom's durability isnt impressive no.

Am i saying Dr. Doom is no where close to as durable as Galactus, absolutely.

And second part you are really claiming Dr. Doom is NOT constantly shown to be a lot less durable than Galactus? Not sure if you really expect to comment to that because thats just outright false.

Let me know if you really want proof, i do have 50 years worth of FF comics, i can look thru it and i can assure you i can at least post 10 clear instances which shows Dr. Doom not being anywhere close to as durable as Galactus, but then anyone reasonable would already know that a normal marvel earth villian, even one of the smartest one, is never shown to be anywhere close to as durable as Galactus.

if you ignore every scan escept the bottom corner of one, than yes

ok, but, his forcefields are clearly more durable

okay, when do we see someone else break through Doom's forcefields (break through)

okay man, again, higher showings are kind of standard over here, I used a high showing Doom had in a random encounter, Everyone has low showings. I was using one that was better for Doom, like how you used an example of a suit that Reed only ever used one time, and is never really mentioned before or after, hardly sstandard showings

#29 Edited by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

"defying impossibility" means to not obey impossibility, therefor one would be obeying nothing but possibility

Ok lets make this very clear, if you again keep saying things like this i refuse to debate any further, as i should have done. Because you are again, as always, being extremely unreasonable.

I am not trying to define what defying impossibility means, i am merely pointed out the in the context of the story it was pretty clearly that phase was to emphasis how big the feat was, followed by how Cap was said to be all powerful.

sorry, "Earth", he still wasn;t fighting about 98% of the Earthbound characters in Marvel

He doesnt fight all the character, he does fight the most common heroes who come at the scene: i.e. the whole group of Avengers + X-men + FF.

okay, yeah, no one more powerful than Iron Man let's go here

Sentry has crazily fluctuating power levels

Ms Marvel wasn't very impressive at that point in time

Capatin Britain is captain Britain

Hercules is strong, but Iron still has more versatility (especially against giant robots)

Strange has no durability to speak of

The fact that he fought them all at once, knocked them all out, but somehow managed to kill no one makes this make a whole lot less sense

Again, another clearly showing of why i dislike debating with you.

First you claim Sentry power is immeasurable, then now you are saying he is somehow weaker than Iron Man.

For the record, no i do not contest even for a second that Sentry power does fluctuate but Sentry was pretty clearly above Iron Man throughout his history. Sentry doesnt just get weaker, when he is mentally unstable, he is vulnerable. There is absolutely no mention of Sentry mental vulnerability and really what can you quote to suggest Sentry is weaker than Iron Man, because Sentry and Iron Man has fought and Sentry very easily dominated Iron Man.

And last part likely was plot given they did not want everyone killed what would they write on.

2. no, you didn't

a. not really. Reedf was never able to engineer a Galactus-level machine before, and he never stated that it would be on level with Galactus

B. so, Sntry at his most powerful can shatter a planet lets say, let's presume CAP was about a hundred times as powerful as Sentry, and The Anti-Galactus suit was about one thousand times as powerful as CAP (that sounds reasonable, right?)

well, that would be about enough power to destroy the sun, on five hundred billionth of the galaxy

and do I really need to post the scans of Galactus beating Odin and Odin busting galaxies?

3(for some reason). well, in that case couldn't just make a giant engine covered in all of his previous nefarious inventions?

4. any reasonable person would understand what a double-negative is. Okay, whatever, fine, he broke possibility you know who else does that? every scientist in comic books.

1. So you are questioning Reed;s ability to built things?? Strange really given what he has done, not sure how much it counts but in Reality 897 he built a canon that was capable of taking out, although temporarily (2 issues and probably more because he never showed back) a whole bunch of abstracts as well as Living Tribunal.

2. Reed named it Anti-Galactus robot, i fail to see why a robot created to fight Galactus would not be created on the level.

3. I have not once claimed the robot did have feats on Galactus level but it was pretty clearly created to take on Galactus and it beat a robot that was meant to be unbeatable. Again dont be yourself (i.e. extremely unreasonable)

What i am merely saying is the Robot was clearly meant to be the anti-galactus weapon, a weapon capable of fighting Galactus, any reasonable person would know thats exactly what it was said. While the robot didnt have feat on Galactus level he did show a pretty nifty feat one shotting CAP.

4. You analogy with Odin - Galactus - Galaxy busting (not sure you knew apart from statement Odin has actually never shown to destroy a galaxy, but he probably has that kind of power) would be correct if:

a. Soloing the heroes was CAP top limit, it clearly isnt.

b. Beating CAP was Anti-Galactus top limit it isnt.

Yeah again, i have agreed repeatedly he doesnt really have feats on Galactus level, but its hard to disagree it was shown to be extremely powerful.

Doctor Doom had those forcefield, the fight in Secret Wars was a random encounter, I'm just saying Doom tends to forget all of the stuff he makes (like how red didn't pull out the Anti-Galactus suit when Galactus came during Chaos War)

Why do you keep talking about Secret Wars when its pretty clearly, as day that the blast didnt even hit Dr. Doom, all it did was barely glaze the shield. Thats really nothing to show Dr. Doom is anywhere close to Galactus level, nor was it ever implied.

Again:

1. Anti Galactus robot was "likely Galactus level" because it was meant to fight Galactus, and it doesnt have anything to contradict it.

2. Dr. Doom's armor isnt anywhere close to being as durable as Galactus because Dr. Doom is a well established character with a long histroy of him never being anywhere close to it.

Reed wasnt even a part of Chaos Wars.. nor do i see what anti-Galactus robot would do to a guy who made a mockery out of Galactus (although i dont claim Reed normally uses anti-Galactus weapon)

The only person even capable of fighting and still clearly losing against Mikaboshi was Chaos War Hercules, who was amped to ungodly level by the artifacts Cho collected during Hercules: Prince of Power Story arc.

I tagged the other user because if I didn't do that you would have just called me a troll and refused to discuss anything

I assure you, you continue to be as unreasonable as you are being at the moment, yes i will stop debating with you and will never reply to you. Be unreasonable and like i said, this will be my last post to you, and its pretty clear as day you are clearly being unreasonable again, as always.

Beyonder's "body", sorry, the source of the Beyonder's Earthly power, is that any better?

top right of the second page clearly shows Doom tanking the same blast Galactus did

yeah, we see Doom getting blasted, it's right there on panel (NO ITS NOT ON PANEL AT ALL)

The bolded and underlined part is just outright false.

Firstly Beyonder was looking into the battle world he just created to overseeing what people are doing and announcing how he could give them their wish if they did.

Then we see him blast Galactus, and the only panel where Dr. Doom appears with the blast is the one i cut from your scan, where the blast barely gazes him.

The light where both Dr. Doom and Galactus are, is Beyonder looking at our universe, you have the comics , check yourself, earlier pages you can see the same light without any attack.

So no Dr. Doom did not tank the attack AT ALL, the attack, at best merely touched his force-field, thats all.

Again, there is nothing on panel that i am ignoring.

okay, when do we see someone else break through Doom's forcefields (break through)

okay man, again, higher showings are kind of standard over here, I used a high showing Doom had in a random encounter, Everyone has low showings. I was using one that was better for Doom, like how you used an example of a suit that Reed only ever used one time, and is never really mentioned before or after, hardly sstandard showings

Given the fact that bottom corner is the ONLY instance we see blast from Beyonder and Dr. Doom together what panel should we look at.

who has broken Dr. Doom forcefield Sentry likely did, he was his security shield at full capacity when Sentry ripped the armor off Dr. Doom.

You mis-represented (or most likely mis-understood) the showing from Dr. Doom where he is clearly not shown tanking the blast you are claiming he is. Check your issue once again it should be clearly, mistake happens, god know how many times i have mis-read a scan. Beyonder only blast Galactus once, 1 blast thats it, and Galactus is down, its the same blast that barely touches over Dr Doom. The light coming from the other side, whatever that is, isnt a blast, its Beyonder looking at everyone. In fact when the heroes are together, the first time Beyonder talks about how he is going to grant wish to anyone who finishes the test, you can see that light there as well.

Again i repeat: continue to be unreasonable and i will do the right thing , stop debating with you coz you have the habit of being extremely unreasonable as always.

#30 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: Soooo just 2 days for planning? How much time to constuct?

The 2 days are for planning and constructing. Plus every thing is provided for them from screws to kyrptonite. LOLZ

#31 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok lets make this very clear, if you again keep saying things like this i refuse to debate any further, as i should have done. Because you are again, as always, being extremely unreasonable.

I am not trying to define what defying impossibility means, i am merely pointed out the in the context of the story it was pretty clearly that phase was to emphasis how big the feat was, followed by how Cap was said to be all powerful.

how is it unreasonable to interpret English as meaning exactly what it says?

yeah, all sorts of characters get word thrown around by narration that was clearly menat as hyperbole, I don;t see how that series of adjectives is somehow more extreme than any other series opf adjectives used to describe every marvel character on a regular basis

He doesnt fight all the character, he does fight the most common heroes who come at the scene: i.e. the whole group of Avengers + X-men + FF.

yeah, but that's hardly all of Marvel earth

Again, another clearly showing of why i dislike debating with you.

First you claim Sentry power is immeasurable, then now you are saying he is somehow weaker than Iron Man.

For the record, no i do not contest even for a second that Sentry power does fluctuate but Sentry was pretty clearly above Iron Man throughout his history. Sentry doesnt just get weaker, when he is mentally unstable, he is vulnerable. There is absolutely no mention of Sentry mental vulnerability and really what can you quote to suggest Sentry is weaker than Iron Man, because Sentry and Iron Man has fought and Sentry very easily dominated Iron Man.

And last part likely was plot given they did not want everyone killed what would they write on.

I said Sentry's power was "pretty impossible to define" because it fluctuates so widely between appearances, I never said it was immeasurable. next time you call me out on something, call me out on something I actually did.

ehh, I geuss

Well, if there is rampant PIS in a fight, does that not invalidate the entire fight?

2. no, you didn't

1. So you are questioning Reed;s ability to built things?? Strange really given what he has done, not sure how much it counts but in Reality 897 he built a canon that was capable of taking out, although temporarily (2 issues and probably more because he never showed back) a whole bunch of abstracts as well as Living Tribunal.

2. Reed named it Anti-Galactus robot, i fail to see why a robot created to fight Galactus would not be created on the level.

3. I have not once claimed the robot did have feats on Galactus level but it was pretty clearly created to take on Galactus and it beat a robot that was meant to be unbeatable. Again dont be yourself (i.e. extremely unreasonable)

What i am merely saying is the Robot was clearly meant to be the anti-galactus weapon, a weapon capable of fighting Galactus, any reasonable person would know thats exactly what it was said. While the robot didnt have feat on Galactus level he did show a pretty nifty feat one shotting CAP.

4. You analogy with Odin - Galactus - Galaxy busting (not sure you knew apart from statement Odin has actually never shown to destroy a galaxy, but he probably has that kind of power) would be correct if:

a. Soloing the heroes was CAP top limit, it clearly isnt.

b. Beating CAP was Anti-Galactus top limit it isnt.

Yeah again, i have agreed repeatedly he doesnt really have feats on Galactus level, but its hard to disagree it was shown to be extremely powerful.

1. if Reed could build things to fight Galactus, he would have used them to fight Galactus

2. becasue I doubt Red has technology anywhere near the level to take down Galactus (remember how desperate he was against the mad Celestials?)

3. no one designs a weapon with the intention of having it be defeated, the great wall of china was made to be impenitrable, but someone busting that isn't a huge feat

stated in narration
Odin rebuilds Galaxies (which would rationally require more power)

stated that he and Fursung leave a "galaxy-wide wake"

and actually, what I was saying was if they were both using 1/1000th (reasonable estimate seeing as neither fight was won truly instantly) of their power, that's still no match for Galactus

Why do you keep talking about Secret Wars when its pretty clearly, as day that the blast didnt even hit Dr. Doom, all it did was barely glaze the shield. Thats really nothing to show Dr. Doom is anywhere close to Galactus level, nor was it ever implied.

Again:

1. Anti Galactus robot was "likely Galactus level" because it was meant to fight Galactus, and it doesnt have anything to contradict it.

2. Dr. Doom's armor isnt anywhere close to being as durable as Galactus because Dr. Doom is a well established character with a long histroy of him never being anywhere close to it.

Reed wasnt even a part of Chaos Wars.. nor do i see what anti-Galactus robot would do to a guy who made a mockery out of Galactus (although i dont claim Reed normally uses anti-Galactus weapon)

The only person even capable of fighting and still clearly losing against Mikaboshi was Chaos War Hercules, who was amped to ungodly level by the artifacts Cho collected during Hercules: Prince of Power Story arc.

Doom and Galactus are bothe being thrown by the same blast, right there, on panel, clear as day

1. but it also has nothing to support it, and we kind of like a little somethoing called evidence to actuially declare the power of something

2. not his armor, his force-field (show me someone breaking that)

In Chaos War, Galactus came to Earth (you'd know I was talking about that if you payed any attention to what I actually wrote) and while he was there, fighting Zeus, Reed and the Anti-Galactus suit were nowhere to be seen

I wasn't talking about the Chaos King, at all

I assure you, you continue to be as unreasonable as you are being at the moment, yes i will stop debating with you and will never reply to you. Be unreasonable and like i said, this will be my last post to you, and its pretty clear as day you are clearly being unreasonable again, as always.

well, you define any dissent towards your opinions as unreasonable (everyone does, we just keep it to ourselves because we know other people respond to reason better than us getting mad and calling them unreasonable) anyways, it's good to know that you really can't support your own arguments and just have to pretend that dissent doesn't exist; always the sign of a great debater

yeah, we see Doom getting blasted, it's right there on panel (NO ITS NOT ON PANEL AT ALL)

The bolded and underlined part is just outright false.

Firstly Beyonder was looking into the battle world he just created to overseeing what people are doing and announcing how he could give them their wish if they did.

Then we see him blast Galactus, and the only panel where Dr. Doom appears with the blast is the one i cut from your scan, where the blast barely gazes him.

The light where both Dr. Doom and Galactus are, is Beyonder looking at our universe, you have the comics , check yourself, earlier pages you can see the same light without any attack.

So no Dr. Doom did not tank the attack AT ALL, the attack, at best merely touched his force-field, thats all.

Again, there is nothing on panel that i am ignoring

top right shows them bothe being thrown by the same blast, do you need a better quality image?

Given the fact that bottom corner is the ONLY instance we see blast from Beyonder and Dr. Doom together what panel should we look at.

who has broken Dr. Doom forcefield Sentry likely did, he was his security shield at full capacity when Sentry ripped the armor off Dr. Doom.

bottom corner and top of the next page, where the blasts are actually shown only one panel shows it oobsuring even a little bit from Doom

You mis-represented (or most likely mis-understood) the showing from Dr. Doom where he is clearly not shown tanking the blast you are claiming he is. Check your issue once again it should be clearly, mistake happens, god know how many times i have mis-read a scan. Beyonder only blast Galactus once, 1 blast thats it, and Galactus is down, its the same blast that barely touches over Dr Doom. The light coming from the other side, whatever that is, isnt a blast, its Beyonder looking at everyone. In fact when the heroes are together, the first time Beyonder talks about how he is going to grant wish to anyone who finishes the test, you can see that light there as well.

Again i repeat: continue to be unreasonable and i will do the right thing , stop debating with you coz you have the habit of being extremely unreasonable as always.

that scan shows Galactus without his forcefields on, and Sentry's power fluctuates to often for him to serve as a steady point

yeah, I checked my issue before I posted that, and it shows Beyonder blasting both from a couple of different angles

your going to tell me that what was shown in the scan wasn't, and then say that I'm being extremely unreasonable? really? check the scans one more time and it's pretty obvious that Doom tanked the same blast

if you want to stop debating because you really think that you can't actually counter anything I say without just saying "it's unreasonable and acting like I'm the dumb one for asking why, that's your choice

if you want to actually debate, I'll see you later

#32 Posted by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Thank you for proving my stance on you being unreasonable and no i have no desire to debate with you, because you are unreasonable.

Anyone who has read our debate would know so yeah go away i have no desire to debate an unreasonable person talking to whom is like talking to a wall.

One correction though, which is not you being unreasonble but interpreting things wrongly, a normal human mistake

The light thing you see coming from the other side its not a blast from Beyonder as this panel shows:

Both Dr. Doom and Galactus was flying thru the light, its not a blast.

This however is a blast from Beyonder that floored Galactus

Thats the only blast we see from Beyonder. 1 blast thats all Beyonder used, makes sense because at that time Beyonder was potrayed as God.

Rest troll all you want, as promised i am done.

NEVER reply to me again.

#33 Posted by momo111191 (246 posts) - - Show Bio

TONY WITH EASE. he would be building his out of memory the other would have to redesign theirs, which would take a week at least. keep in mind building suits is Tony's life.

#34 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Thank you for proving my stance on you being unreasonable and no i have no desire to debate with you, because you are unreasonable.

I'm not sure what your trying to say, do you think I'm being reasonable?

Anyone who has read our debate would know so yeah go away i have no desire to debate an unreasonable person talking to whom is like talking to a wall.

I've made several concessions so far, not sure how I'm being "like a wall and I'm not sure how much anyone reading this would be able to tell who was unreasonable, but OK

One correction though, which is not you being unreasonble but interpreting things wrongly, a normal human mistake

The light thing you see coming from the other side its not a blast from Beyonder as this panel shows:

Both Dr. Doom and Galactus was flying thru the light, its not a blast.

This however is a blast from Beyonder that floored Galactus

Thats the only blast we see from Beyonder. 1 blast thats all Beyonder used, makes sense because at that time Beyonder was potrayed as God.

notice the blast in the second scan looks exactly like the blast in the first one(if you look at the Beyonder destroying that galaxy and building the battle planet, he also uses white energies there). what was going on was that The Beyonder was blasting as soon as Galactus approached, and just amped up the intensity as Doom and Galactus got closer, and Doom was obviously getting thrown out with Galactus in the final scan, it was right there

Rest troll all you want, as promised i am done.

NEVER reply to me again.

I don't think you know what "troll" means, it doesn't refer to someone who points out things that happenned and makes arguments off of evidence rather than characetr statements

I don't know, your not making any effort to stop replying to me when you get mad about my arguments. If you just want to post your opinions and don't want anyone to disagree, than you shouldn't post where people are debating, and if instead of listening top arguments you just shout troll whenever someone disagrees with you, you probably shouldn't try to debate with people.

#35 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Thread over the moment Reed is mentioned

#36 Posted by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

So instead of wasting my time with one of the most unreasonable guy in comicvine i will just put my argument here, if anyone else, apart from Betatesthighlander1 has a query or would like to debate further you are more than welcome.

Firstly Betatesthighlander1 pretended to correct me on 2 things:

Anti-Galactus armor is featless,

to quote what he said:

"that thing that doesn't have any feast is somehow impressive. I mean, it looks like Galactus, but no one ever actually showed any impressive showings in that thing that appeared one time and was never mentioned before or after"

Which ofcourse, as expected of him is outright false.

Make no mistake , i do not claim that the Anti Galactus suit actually has enough feat to suggest he is just as powerful as Galactus, but i still think his power level being at the very least closer to Galactus is because of the following:

a. Its an anti-galactus robot, look the same size and same built - so visually it makes sense

b. It was a small feat, CAP, a robot said to be unstoppable, who just mopped the floor with Avengers + FF + X-men together with ease got stomped with a punch. It wasnt even a long fight, Cap showed up, Reed one punched him and bam the robot is scrap metal. Which tells us Anti-Galactus Robot >>>> CAP and CAP >>> Avengers + FF + X-men together.

So while it doesnt show Anti-Galactus robot being just as powerful as Galactus, its a feat that hints that likely was true.

c. The feat of defeating CAP was labelled as on that defied scientific impossibility. Makes sense because the CAP was made to be unstoppable and called all powerful. Again nice little feat that sort of makes it perhaps reasonable to think that Anti-Galactus robot was likely close to Galactus in power level.

Doom tanked a blast that KOed Galactus

Again as always its outright false and having repeatedly corrected him three times if he refuses to see what happened i cant help if. However for someone reading this and is curious how and why that scans he posted is out of context the details are here.

First the scans which are being discussed in question:

Now lets see them panel by panel, it is as clear as it gets, Dr. Doom did not tank the blast, nor was his forcefield shown more durable than Galactus.

Firstly the light from Beyonder was called just that, LIGHT, not attack

"the light it makes sun seem dim by comparision"

Notice how a ship is there, smack in the middle of the ray and is absolutely unharmed, because it wasnt an attack.

Then Galactus decides to go confront the Beyonder and Dr. Doom follows behind him.

We can also see both Galactus and Dr. Doom moving into the light with none of them affected, again pretty clearly not an attack. Also notice how Galactus is in-front and Dr. Doom behind.

Then Beyonder then blasts Galactus.

notice how "Then" is right there on panel and the Beyonder side goes all red and he blasts Galactus, Doom forcefield is just barely touched by the blast, thats all that happened.

Next panel

So Beyonder blasted Galactus once and the blast ended right there in that 1 panel. Here we can clearly see Galactus, the person who was flying ahead of Dr. Doom is now falling but is behind Dr. Doom, why because he got hit by a blast , Dr. Doom didnt.

Then we see both of them on the ground. Galactus having been hit by the blast is knocked out while Dr. Doom isnt because the blast barely glazed over him forcefield

For anyone who is not being unreasonable its pretty clear Dr. Doom did NOT tank a blast that KOed Galactus nor is his forcefield more durable than Galactus himself.

So if you are reasonable its pretty clear what happened.

But if you are Betatesthighlander1 then despite been corrected 3 times its still OMG Dr. Doom tanked a blast that KOed Galactus, its on panel OMG, etc.

#37 Posted by russellmania77 (15436 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark of course

#38 Posted by 18hunt (2904 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat,an always wins

#39 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark hands down. Unlike the others, he is a superhero because of the suits he builds.

#40 Posted by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Tony Stark out of the choice given. But I'd say Simon can make the best aromur, using only his fighting spirit.

#41 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Tony Stark out of the choice given. But I'd say Simon can make the best aromur, using only his fighting spirit.

Is this an anime, could you give me the title.

#42 Edited by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghettoswag: uhh id rather face Ultron than when the Avengers had to face an odin forced loki or Galactus dude (not to mention Ronan the Accuser but ill let that one slide since it is debatable) oh and Stark since you know its kind of his specialty.

#43 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: @kidman560:

I'm leaning to DOOM because of he is REED's equal (debatable) and he dables in magic. Making his armors technological and magical in nature.

#44 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm adding Dr. Willy and Light from the megaman series

#45 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

the weaponers

#46 Edited by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man and Doom's armor were equal most of the time. Doom had to use magic to get the advantage. recently in Mighty Avenger. They should be equal unless proven otherwise.

As far as Lex Luthor goes, he never made armor that could go toe to toe Superman. Most of them are made to use Superman's weaknesses, and he kind of holds his own with Superman rather than get the advantage. A lot of people forget that Luthor uses k-nite, red sun, and other weaknesses to make it easier to fight Clark. It's meant to especially fight Superman rather just be all around strong level armor.

#47 Edited by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Omnicrono (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

Batman's armor was in a non-canon encounter, although in a canon comics Batman was shown having a huge armor that look identical to JLA members, whose powers were sadly not detailed.

That isn't exactly true. TDKR is canon, but it was not the primary Earth continuity. It is Earth 31 continuity (pre New 52).

That being said, Batman's TDKR armor feat can indeed be used. Not sure that it makes much of a difference here, but it should be recognized.