Who can beat Zoom?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Zoom
@entropy_aegis said:
"I made some arguments in Henshaw's favour in the Zoom vs Cyborg Superman thread,it would be appreciated if you could check them out. "
Certainly.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#153  Edited By Zoom
@Jake Fury said:
"
Retcon Man can beat Zoom. "
He already did, if you think about it.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154  Edited By slimj87d

Hmmm... I think I can beat Zoom, but I would need prep. It would involve a donut though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Zoom:

This is true madam.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter? 

Zatanna with a minute of prep time before he blitzes her?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By slimj87d

Classic Strange with a few seconds of prep could take on Zoom. Maybe without the prep too.

Avatar image for magnusthemagnificent
MagnusTheMagnificent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I'm thick, but I say that anyone with superhuman durability can potentially stop Zoom, but it involves Zoom hurting himself.
Here's my reasoning:

Zoom has time manipulation powers, and nothing else.
This allows him to throw, let's say, 1000 punches in one second.

Now, Zoom does not have superhuman durability, so every time he hits someone who has, his fist is hurt more than the one he punches.
And why is that?
Because he doesn't have any speed behind them, he doesn't IMP.
1000 punches in one second would feel like a constant press, because the nerves and brain aren't fast enough to separate them.

As long as there is no explanation behind him having the ability to "throw Superman like-punches" it's bad writing.

Gravity should also still have effect on him.
Now, if I'm wrong, please explain why without being a dick about it.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By the darknessss

current doomsday would trash zoom for fun
starkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By starkwood

The thing is, Magnus, if time is stopped completely (or close to it), then he only has to barely give a superhuman character a love tap, to send them flying a couple miles away, without damaging his hand in the least.  Zoom swatting a fly would be at the speed of light relative to the world around him, so yes, as I understand it, his punches do have the IMP effect.  It's all about perspective and relativity.

@the darknessss said: 

" current doomsday would trash zoom for fun "

Not trying to be disrespectful, but that's just retarded. 
Avatar image for magnusthemagnificent
MagnusTheMagnificent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starkwood said:
" The thing is, Magnus, if time is stopped completely (or close to it), then he only has to barely give a superhuman character a love tap, to send them flying a couple miles away, without damaging his hand in the least.  Zoom swatting a fly would be at the speed of light relative to the world around him, so yes, as I understand it, his punches do have the IMP effect.  It's all about perspective and relativity.

A fly doesn't really have great durability though. :-)

He would essentially be hitting a stationary target. A target harder than a brick wall, and since he doesn't have real speed or the strength behind his punch, Zoom's hand should break.
Compare it to hitting a tree.
From your point of view, the tree doesn't move although it actually does by growing.
If the tree was sentient (heck, it might be), you would move at an incomprehensible speed.
Now, does your hand or the tree break first?
starkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By starkwood

If I could stop time, and hit the tree, then the tree would certainly break first.  I'd only barely have to hit the tree, not nearly hard enough to hurt my hand, because relative to myself, I'm hitting it at a very slow, normal human speed.  From the trees perspective, because the tree isn't inside my temporal time-dilation bubble, or whatever you wanna call it, my fist would be moving at the speed of light, or in Zoom's case, faster.

Heck, I imagine I'd be able to sneeze on the tree and destroy it.

Imagine yourself walking around in frozen time, everything around you is frozen and completely still.  You walk up to a car, and tap it, the same as you would tap somebody on the shoulder to get their attention.  Nothing happens, the car doesn't move, your finger isn't injured.  When you unfreeze time, however, and rejoin the normal movement of time, the car basically explodes from the force of your tap, and the pieces fly a couple miles away.  That's how I picture this working.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Chaos Prime
@starkwood said:
" If I could stop time, and hit the tree, then the tree would certainly break first.  I'd only barely have to hit the tree, not nearly hard enough to hurt my hand, because relative to myself, I'm hitting it at a very slow, normal human speed.  From the trees perspective, because the tree isn't inside my temporal time-dilation bubble, or whatever you wanna call it, my fist would be moving at the speed of light, or in Zoom's case, faster.

Imagine yourself walking around in frozen time, everything around you is frozen and completely still.  You walk up to a car, and tap it, the same as you would tap somebody on the shoulder to get their attention.  Nothing happens, the car doesn't move, your finger isn't injured.  When you unfreeze time, however, and rejoin the normal movement of time, the car basically explodes from the force of your tap, and the pieces fly a couple miles away.  That's how I picture this working.
"
This reminds me of a classic star trek episode(will try & find it) where the same  thing was going on inside the Enterprise. Kirk & few crew members were caught up in time & everything around them were frozen.Could be mistaken but by accident Kirk touched a (frozen in time crew member) & he died on the spot in his real time.  
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#164  Edited By nefarious

The Runner can beat him, too.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By the darknessss
@starkwood: 
lol retarded?????/ you read doomsday lately????? zoom couldnt stop it,doomsday is now overkill
starkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By starkwood

loool??????//no i havent read doomsday latelt???!1!!!!!

Looks like I can add a fourth language to my resume!
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By the darknessss
@starkwood: 
hahaha so you state he cant beat zoom without knowing really much about the current doomsday then,correct? heres a fifth language you can also add,its called "ignorant know jack shit twat".
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#168  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

2nd age Spawn might have a shot too, but 4th age can

No Caption Provided
Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Sgtcrispy
@supermandefender said:
" @Zoom: Silver Surfer, SA Superman, RK Thor, Barry Allen and Absorbing Man can beat him.  Doom, Batman, Loki, and Mr. Fantastic can win with prep. Also Odin. " Someone else said this but read it. Doom, Batman, Loki, Mr fantastic can win with prep. This is true. I dunno about absorbing man or Barry Allen he is 2 slow. Or RK Thor. But Silver Surfer or SA Supes could do this from space. Surfer drops a black on on the planet and makes himself intangible Zoom is dead and he cant even hit Surfer. SA Supes has pure PIS so he will win reguardless. SA Supes will just move faster than Zoom because its SA Supes. Or SA Supes could just sneeze. Im Sure Odin could destroy earth from a distance without fighting Zoom. Zoom is getting 2 much hype altho is he badass. "
Barry Allen has no chance of beating Zoom, I don't know why you think he does.
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sgtcrispy:  read again I said Barry is 2 slow O_O;
Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Sgtcrispy
@supermandefender said:

" @Sgtcrispy:  read again I said Barry is 2 slow O_O; "

My bad. Saw the

Barry Allen and Absorbing Man can beat him

Part. Sorry.
Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Sgtcrispy
@starkwood said:
" If I could stop time, and hit the tree, then the tree would certainly break first.  I'd only barely have to hit the tree, not nearly hard enough to hurt my hand, because relative to myself, I'm hitting it at a very slow, normal human speed.  From the trees perspective, because the tree isn't inside my temporal time-dilation bubble, or whatever you wanna call it, my fist would be moving at the speed of light, or in Zoom's case, faster.

"
Zoom does not stop time, he speeds up his own time.