warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By warlock360
nix_smoke said:
"Lets get out of the comic book scene. Let's go to the real thing in life! What if you have Surfer's powers and ur fighting Doom? U have the power cosmic what's Doom gonna do with that? Heck he has no godlike powers like the Surfer does. Writers just gives heroes flaws so that there'll be balance and cos they want to. But in real life (without the writers powers)  could someone beat the Surfer?
"
Plus hes the second best Magician that exists
Plus hes the second best Magician that exists

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#102  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Final Arrow said:

Dude I think we are way off topic let rain it back in again alot of what people say is just hearsay I mean just agree to disagree.
"
Maybe there should be less hearsay and more facts.

Voidheart said:
thats why it isnt legit i didnt EVER state it was so stop trying to twist words in my mouth"
I'm not twisting words. I asked for a precise description of his new power level and you gave me something you can't back up as a response. What I just posted applies. I'll drop it though.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By warlock360

Okay i dont have a precise description happy?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By warlock360

Dont you have something to moderate about like queues or something rather than asking me stuff that you know that i cant give you an exact answer about.

nix_smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By nix_smoke

I'm like asking IN REAL LIFE! So practically let's snap away from comic book issues and get to reality. I mean come to think of it man! Doom cant manipulate cells! Surfer can andif he only does make Doom shrink he can but he didnt in the comics so lets go to real life situation.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By warlock360

Doom can go back in time, can teleport, can create devices that can absorb SS's powers, can take over the world several tiems.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Voidheart said:
"Dont you have something to moderate about like queues or something rather than asking me stuff that you know that i cant give you an exact answer about.
"
Dude, it's dropped (read my post again if you missed it). Honestly though, you shouldn't get upset about being asked to support your statements.
nix_smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By nix_smoke
Voidheart said:
"Doom can go back in time, can teleport, can create devices that can absorb SS's powers, can take over the world several tiems.
"
SS can manipulate his cells before he creates devices. and i was asking about a DC HERO pls read carefully
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Final Arrow
nix_smoke said:
"Voidheart said:
"Doom can go back in time, can teleport, can create devices that can absorb SS's powers, can take over the world several tiems.
"
SS can manipulate his cells before he creates devices. and i was asking about a DC HERO pls read carefully
"
Not to be mean but you made the doom senrio so you read carefully:p.
nix_smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By nix_smoke
Final Arrow said:
"nix_smoke said:
"Voidheart said:
"
"
Not to be mean but you made the doom senrio so you read carefully:p.
"
i didnt. someone did in the first part. try checking
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By Final Arrow
nix_smoke said:
"I'm like asking IN REAL LIFE! So practically let's snap away from comic book issues and get to reality. I mean come to think of it man! Doom cant manipulate cells! Surfer can andif he only does make Doom shrink he can but he didnt in the comics so lets go to real life situation.
"

You brought up this one the NEW senrio was done by you try actually reading your own satements, You brought this one up and then told peolpe to stop talking about doom we where talking about the senrio you brought to us on this page and not one a couple of pages back so try and actually know what your talking about.
nix_smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By nix_smoke
Final Arrow said:
"nix_smoke said:
"I'm like asking IN REAL LIFE! So practically let's snap away from comic book issues and get to reality. I mean come to think of it man! Doom cant manipulate cells! Surfer can andif he only does make Doom shrink he can but he didnt in the comics so lets go to real life situation.
"

You brought up this one the NEW senrio was done by you try actually reading your own satements, You brought this one up and then told peolpe to stop talking about doom we where talking about the senrio you brought to us on this page and not one a couple of pages back so try and actually know what your talking about."
OK check the first page who bought doom up. THE THING IS I WAS ASKING FOR A DC HERO!! HERO MAN! NOT A VILLAIN! TELL ME, IS DOOM A DC CHARACTER?
Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By The_Absolute

If all the DC heroes existed in a real world with the Surfer, none of them would be able to beat him.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By the creator
Buckshot said:
"People keep saying Surfer got a power up but no one's been able to explain exactly what that means. What can he do now that he couldn't do before? Someone tell me and be specific.
I the only thing i can come up with on this Buckshot, is outlined below.

In the delux edition of the OHOTMU, in the section describing the powers of the Silver Surfer, there is made significant reference about how much of the Surfers Power Cosmic was drained by the Sonic Shark (a military device). This significantly reduced his power level but over time his power level has slowly grown to appraoch that of his original level as a herald of Galactus. However, it is not clear if it has reached that huge original level.

It may be that his rising power level did not fully reach that heady level he displayed as a a true herald. With his renewal of his heraldship, Galactus appears to have granted him his full power again. That may have been a 20% increase in power or simply a 1% increase.

The one thing we have noted however, is that the Surfer is 'harder' and all business. Whether this just means that he uses his powers in a lot more direct way could also explain some of the things seen.
Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Wow...mods on the rampage.

I also recall seeing mention at the end of Annihilation that the Surfer, upon accepting his old position of Herald, was given a power increase. It didn't state how much, nor give any numerical amount, but it was stated that only by becoming Galactus' herald again would he be powerful enough to survive the coming battle. I also have no scans, but I did want to mention that I remember reading that exact same thing.

I also think it's strange that an argument over what makes someone "heroic" seems to be encompassing personal ethics, rather than sociological ethics. Utilitarianism is usually associated with the :"anti-hero", and anyone who claims "the ends justifies the means" is ethically flexible. Superman is not ethically flexible, so he doesn't see the benefits in killing villains in order to prevent tragedy. Hell, Batman could be accused of the same thing (and was, by Jason Todd), but that didn't budge someone who, for all intents and purposes, is one of the smartest people in the DC Universe.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By King_Saturn
The Spectre

Lucifer Morningstar

Mr. Mxzyptlk

Mr. Majestic

Anti Monitor

Imperiex

Dominus

Original ION

Original Parallax

Kal Kent
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Ace High

You know the start of the post says HEROES don't ya :P plus Mad Jim Jaspers is from Marvel.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By King_Saturn
Ace High said:
"You know the start of the post says HEROES don't ya :P plus Mad Jim Jaspers is from Marvel.
"
Ah I See... didnt even read the Original Post

And Mad Jim Japsers  is in Marvel... just got carried away with the list I guess

lol
sky goblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By sky goblin

macendalemy favorite goblin

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By SeSAW

Surfer didn't so much recieve a power up when he became Galactus herald again, it just allows him to use his powers to the fullest without his conscience bothering him so much. Surfers powers were already godlike. In DC you would have to go at least to darkseid level to beat him. Superman is way under his powerlevel, so is Ion and they both have weaknesses that would be easy for Surfer to take advantage of as well as SBP, Supes one million might have a chance though. And the reason Doom was able to steal Surfers powers is he is a prep god and has mastery of magic almost as well as Strange actually Doom has done greater feats than that with prep time.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By zee crusher
Gambler said:
"Ace High said:
"Manhunter, Superman and Orion have too much of a vulnerable weakness to beat the Surfer. I mean he knew Gladiator's specific radiation weakness and I doubt Gladiator told him so he probably analysed the energies and found it out. I don't see why he couldn't do the same to Superman and Orion. Fire wouldn't be hard to manipulate with the power cosmic so I am pretty sure he'd get the Manhunter. I'd say the only person on that list who would have a chance is Black Adam.
"
Nice post but Superman's fought off Kryptonite before (when he took a direct hit from a kryptonite nuke and got right up to clean house) Plus. I dont know how he'd duplicate the radiation from a planet that he knows nothing about. Does that make sense?
"

When he took the hit from the nuke he got burned to his skeleton. Cause it had green k and it was made so that the sun wouldn't shine through the smoke or something like that. As for list none of those people stand a chance against surfer. Orion to weak and vulnerable. Black adam can't really do anything besides the lighting, Superman definitely doesn't stand a chance as what we've seen him do to gladiator he can easily do the samething to superman. Besides that make radiation to make his punches even worse. Plus surfer has psi ability. As for MM he'd go down to. He can phase and what ever but that doesn't stop surfer he can hurt him at a molecular level stopping the phasing. Plus if we all forgotten surfer can trap others in his board....................

Gambler said:

"Voidheart said:
"well he took on two beings that were able to beat galactus and won...
"
I think Superman could take Galactus
"

Was that serious?? Superman against a being like galactus wow.....................

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By zee crusher
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#123  Edited By Zoom

nevermind, this discussion is well past the jumping on point. :-)

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By zee crusher

Its funny how it stated just heroes I see names like darkseid impreix lol spectre. As for heroes that could win possibly firestorm, damn oh yeah miracle man. I don't see to many dc heroes winning against surfer when I really think of it not cause I'm a surfer fan but his feats are little bit above average compared to some of the heroes. With the boost he got who knows how much it was it just makes it harder to determine.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#125  Edited By Zoom

I don't think Firestorm could handle Surfer and I'm one of the few people that likes Firestorm.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By SeSAW

Id say the only ones with any chance are Takieon,and Firestorm. Classic Ion probably 

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By zee crusher
Zoom said:
"I don't think Firestorm could handle Surfer and I'm one of the few people that likes Firestorm.
"

I like him to in dc he's one of my top favs being number two to composite superman lol. He is pretty much vicious with the ability to do it all with a simple change of molecular structure. However surfer does beat him there. He nearly destroyed the earth once while sleeping and having a nightmare because of his ability to change molecular structure. He almost killed reed to lol.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
the creator said:
"Buckshot said:
"People keep saying Surfer got a power up but no one's been able to explain exactly what that means. What can he do now that he couldn't do before? Someone tell me and be specific.
I the only thing i can come up with on this Buckshot, is outlined below.

In the delux edition of the OHOTMU, in the section describing the powers of the Silver Surfer, there is made significant reference about how much of the Surfers Power Cosmic was drained by the Sonic Shark (a military device). This significantly reduced his power level but over time his power level has slowly grown to appraoch that of his original level as a herald of Galactus. However, it is not clear if it has reached that huge original level.

It may be that his rising power level did not fully reach that heady level he displayed as a a true herald. With his renewal of his heraldship, Galactus appears to have granted him his full power again. That may have been a 20% increase in power or simply a 15 increase.

The one thing we have noted however, is that the Surfer is 'harder' and all business. Whether this just means that he uses his powers in a lot more direct way could also explain some of the things seen.
"

Ebony Bishop said:
I also recall seeing mention at the end of Annihilation that the Surfer, upon accepting his old position of Herald, was given a power increase. It didn't state how much, nor give any numerical amount, but it was stated that only by becoming Galactus' herald again would he be powerful enough to survive the coming battle. I also have no scans, but I did want to mention that I remember reading that exact same thing.

I read the comic the power up comes out of (Annihiliation: Silver Surfer #3, unless it's mentioned somewhere else as well) again and I'm not sure what to make of it. Galactus offers to restore him and tells him all the things he can do. He can heal SS, renew his will, grant new power, give him conviction and remove remorse. Surfer specifically asks for the will and wishes to keep his remorse and Galactus says "so be it." Does that mean he only got the will (which would be the 'harder' and all business thing that Creator mentioned, though the In Thy Name mini doesn't really follow that I don't think, but that could always just be the writer) and no power? Or did he get the will as well as the restoration Galactus wanted to give him even though he didn't ask for it? Galactus later says "I can undo what was done in anger. I can restore you." I figure that means power level (so llike Creator said, bringing him back to his original level), not just restoring Surfer's official Herald title. I was looking at the fight that followed also.  Surfer goes up against Ravenous who is supposed to be his opposite number with the same amount of power. Surfer had beaten/escaped him before but I think this fight was supposed to show what the restored Surfer could do. I was thinking it would be a clear win this time to show how much more power he has now, but it doesn't seem like it. Surfer destroys his Curr (the dog creature that gives Ravenous access to his power) and then beats him. It's not like they go power to power and Surfer just has more. He cuts off his power source (which he was able to do before his restoration) and then beats him. It would make sense that Surfer got more power (or restored to a previous level where he had more power instead of being given more power than he's ever had) since Galactus called him to prepare him for a war (like Bishop said), I'm just not seeing what's so different about him now. The way people talk about the power up it's like it's some big thing where there's a clear increase in what he can do, I just haven't seen that. Also want to say, I liked rereading the mini. Surfer is still cool. They shouldn't draw pants on him though.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By the creator
Buckshot said:
I read the comic the power up comes out of (Annihiliation: Silver Surfer #3, unless it's mentioned somewhere else as well) again and I'm not sure what to make of it. Galactus offers to restore him and tells him all the things he can do. He can heal SS, renew his will, grant new power, give him conviction and remove remorse. Surfer specifically asks for the will and wishes to keep his remorse and Galactus says "so be it." Does that mean he only got the will (which would be the 'harder' and all business thing that Creator mentioned, though his In My Name mini doesn't really follow that I don't think, but that could always just be the writer) and no power? Or did he get the will as well as the restoration Galactus wanted to give him even though he didn't ask for it? Galactus later says "I can undo what was done in anger. I can restore you." I figure that means power level (so llike Creator said, bringing him back to his original level), not just restoring Surfer's official Herald title. I was looking at the fight that followed also.  Surfer goes up against Ravenous who is supposed to be his opposite number with the same amount of power. Surfer had beaten/escaped him before but I think this fight was supposed to show what the restored Surfer could do. I was thinking it would be a clear win this time to show how much more power he has now, but it doesn't seem like it. Surfer destroys his Curr (the dog creature that gives Ravenous access to his power) and then beats him. It's not like they go power to power and Surfer just has more. He cuts off his power source (which he was able to do before his restoration) and then beats him. It would make sense that Surfer got more power (or restored to a previous level where he had more power instead of being given more power than he's ever had) since Galactus called him to prepare him for a war (like Bishop said), I'm just not seeing what's so different about him now. The way people talk about the power up it's like it's some big thing where there's a clear increase in what he can do, I just haven't seen that. Also want to say, I liked rereading the mini. Surfer is still cool. They shouldn't draw pants on him though.
"

Galactus did mess with the Surfers mind when originally changed so that the Surfer would not feel the guilt of sending entire planets to their deaths.

That change was apparently overcome over the time that the Surfer was Galactus's herald. I doubt that the Surfer would agree to that mind alteration this time around.
Sinistron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Sinistron

darkside i would say he isn 't evil he lives on another planet with different norms then we do

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By zee crusher
Sinistron said:
"darkside i would say he isn 't evil he lives on another planet with different norms then we do "

Yet hes not a hero he doesn't count.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By SeSAW

Fools if you think Darksied is good in any way your wrong why do you think he wants the ALE.

Cecil Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Cecil Fantasy

To best Hitler

sky goblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By sky goblin

oh its heroes from dc guess i shoundnt of put a marvel villain up brainac probably

SilverSurfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By SilverSurfa

How does darkseid beat surfer when his omega beams r energy and surfer can manipulate energy since this is reality and surfer doesnt have any writers giving him flaws??????
doesnt make sense.

when he doesnt have any writer restricting him and this is the real world then he would abosolutely pwng every1.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By zee crusher
SilverSurfa said:
"How does darkseid beat surfer when his omega beams r energy and surfer can manipulate energy since this is reality and surfer doesnt have any writers giving him flaws??????
doesnt make sense.

when he doesnt have any writer restricting him and this is the real world then he would abosolutely pwng every1."

Well dc made it so that energy manipulators can't manipulate darkseids eye beams lol. Doesn't matter which type of writier you can't manipulate it.
nix_smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By nix_smoke

i would say that the surfer is god-god while darkseid is just god. its my own opinion.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By zee crusher

either way big d is still not a hero.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SeSAW
Zoom said:
"I don't think Firestorm could handle Surfer and I'm one of the few people that likes Firestorm.
"
No i really don't either not even close but he Stayne and takieon have matter minupulation so they would be the closest to Surfer
sky goblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By sky goblin

superman ?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By King_Saturn
Bugs Bunny can beat Silver Surfer too... and I believe Looney Tunes are DC too

lol
SilverSurfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SilverSurfa
zee crusher said:
"SilverSurfa said:
"How does darkseid beat surfer when his omega beams r energy and surfer can manipulate energy since this is reality and surfer doesnt have any writers giving him flaws??????
doesnt make sense.

when he doesnt have any writer restricting him and this is the real world then he would abosolutely pwng every1."

Well dc made it so that energy manipulators can't manipulate darkseids eye beams lol. Doesn't matter which type of writier you can't manipulate it."
lol thats rediculous!!!

Still surfer can do other things to kill him.
nix_smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By nix_smoke
King Saturn said:
"Bugs Bunny can beat Silver Surfer too... and I believe Looney Tunes are DC too

lol
"
the surfer will just have to unplug the TV. its over for bugs
Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Triumphant

Kal Kent

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By the creator
Valor said:
"Kal Kent"

Agreed.
Strange Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Strange Doctor
nix_smoke said:
"King Saturn said:
"Bugs Bunny can beat Silver Surfer too... and I believe Looney Tunes are DC too

lol
"
the surfer will just have to unplug the TV. its over for bugs
"
Why would the surfer be able to do that?
venom hybrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By venom hybrid

Surfer didn't really beat Tenebrous and Aegis he used the crunch to kill them.

Morphid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Morphid

Couldn't Galactus beat Surfer? lol

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By zee crusher
SilverSurfa said:
"zee crusher said:
"SilverSurfa said:
doesnt make sense.

Well dc made it so that energy manipulators can't manipulate darkseids eye beams lol. Doesn't matter which type of writier you can't manipulate it."
lol thats rediculous!!!

Still surfer can do other things to kill him.
"

Thats true lol. Plus he could dodge those blast easily and let darkseid knows how it feels to be hit by a blast capable of destroying a planet.

the creator said:
"Valor said:
"Kal Kent"

Agreed.
"

Where aloud to use different versions?

venom hybrid said:
"Surfer didn't really beat Tenebrous and Aegis he used the crunch to kill them."
First fight Aegis pwned surfer lol. Tenebrous pwned galactus.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#150  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The answer is everyone.