Who can beat the Surfer from DC?

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ace High

Are you really trying to defend Darkseid as not being evil? Thats some crazy logic there man. How can you blame Superman for something Lex Luthor did? Society itself doesn't condone murder and Superman obeys the law by bringing him in everytime he does something wrong. Its not his fault that the United States criminal holding system (in fictional DC Comic land) isn't prepared for Luthor so he escapes every time. Darkseid on the other hand wants to destroy the Universe and makes an active effort to do so by killing as many people as possible. Galactus is a force of nature/neutral who needs to destroy planets to live because his existance balances the universe. Darkseid makes has never stated that he NEEDS to wipe out untold millions nor has their been any justification otherwise.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
"Doomsday would have killed the entire world 6 billion people, are more than 10,000.
"

correct, but i'm not debating whether Superman was right in killing Doomsday (another one i forgot to add), i know he was right in doing it...

i'm showing you how many people Superman has inadvertantly killed while doing his 'heroic actions'

M
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By warlock360

there we go

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By warlock360
Methos said:
"Voidheart said:
"Doomsday would have killed the entire world 6 billion people, are more than 10,000.
"

correct, but i'm not debating whether Superman was right in killing Doomsday (another one i forgot to add), i know he was right in doing it...

i'm showing you how many people Superman has inadvertantly killed while doing his 'heroic actions'

M
"
its the lesser of two evils
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Methos
Ace High said:
"Are you really trying to defend Darkseid as not being evil? Thats some crazy logic there man. How can you blame Superman for something Lex Luthor did? Society itself doesn't condone murder and Superman obeys the law by bringing him in everytime he does something wrong. Its not his fault that the United States criminal holding system (in fictional DC Comic land) isn't prepared for Luthor so he escapes every time. Darkseid on the other hand wants to destroy the Universe and makes an active effort to do so by killing as many people as possible. Galactus is a force of nature/neutral who needs to destroy planets to live because his existance balances the universe. Darkseid makes has never stated that he NEEDS to wipe out untold millions nor has their been any justification otherwise.
"

i'll go through this in detail...

1. Darkseid is not evil, he has never done anything more 'evil' than Emma Frost has...
2. I'm not blaming Superman for something Luthor did, i'm Blaming Superman for not killing Luthor in the first place and preventing those thousands, perhaps more, deaths
3. the criminal holding system COULD keep him... hell, i can think of 8 places in the DCU, not counting the phantom zone, where Luthor could have been incarcerated permanantly without any chance of escape
4. Darkseid does not, and never has wanted to, destroy the entire universe... he has never declared war or any other planet aside from New Genesis, check the DC history if you don't believe me

M
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
its the lesser of two evils
"

so you agree that Superman should kill like Darkseid does?

M
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By warlock360
Methos said:
"Ace High said:
"Are you really trying to defend Darkseid as not being evil? Thats some crazy logic there man. How can you blame Superman for something Lex Luthor did? Society itself doesn't condone murder and Superman obeys the law by bringing him in everytime he does something wrong. Its not his fault that the United States criminal holding system (in fictional DC Comic land) isn't prepared for Luthor so he escapes every time. Darkseid on the other hand wants to destroy the Universe and makes an active effort to do so by killing as many people as possible. Galactus is a force of nature/neutral who needs to destroy planets to live because his existance balances the universe. Darkseid makes has never stated that he NEEDS to wipe out untold millions nor has their been any justification otherwise.
"

i'll go through this in detail...

1. Darkseid is not evil, he has never done anything more 'evil' than Emma Frost has...
2. I'm not blaming Superman for something Luthor did, i'm Blaming Superman for not killing Luthor in the first place and preventing those thousands, perhaps more, deaths
3. the criminal holding system COULD keep him... hell, i can think of 8 places in the DCU, not counting the phantom zone, where Luthor could have been incarcerated permanantly without any chance of escape
4. Darkseid does not, and never has wanted to, destroy the entire universe... he has never declared war or any other planet aside from New Genesis, check the DC history if you don't believe me

M
"
"I'm not blaming Superman for something Luthor did, i'm Blaming Superman for not killing Luthor in the first place and preventing those thousands, perhaps more, deaths"

Thats indirect and hence it wasn't his action that caused the actual deaths he cant be blamed for it.

"Darkseid does not, and never has wanted to, destroy the entire universe... he has never declared war or any other planet aside from New Genesis, check the DC history if you don't believe me"

The Fifth
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ace High

Are you kidding me?

1) Brainwashing children to be your slaves and torturing them in death dungeons isn't evil? When was the last time Emma Frost took over the world with an Anti-Life equation? Every single alternate universe that has Darkseid in charge of the world has it some horrible, dystopian future with people in places that makes concentration camps look like holiday camps (see Rock of Ages).
2) If Superman kills Luthor what makes him different? (See Action Comics #775 on why Superman doesn't kill).
3) Luthor is the smartest man on the planet, check the latest all-star superman for ways to break out of prison luthor style.
4) Darkseid's whole motive is to destroy the universe and re-make it using the Anti-Life equation.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
"Darkseid does not, and never has wanted to, destroy the entire universe... he has never declared war or any other planet aside from New Genesis, check the DC history if you don't believe me"

The Fifth
"

he seeks the rise of the fifth world...

noone knows where or when this could be, it's only rumored to be earth, it's also rumored to be OA and Krypton reborn...

doesn't mean anything as it's not declaring war or anyone or destroying anything, he just wants to bring The Fifth world to the forfront

M
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By warlock360

well he said he wants to become more perfect than the other 4  so meh, plus theres always the anti-life equation ;)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Methos
Ace High
said: "Are you kidding me?

1) Brainwashing children to be your slaves and torturing them in death dungeons isn't evil? When was the last time Emma Frost took over the world with an Anti-Life equation? Every single alternate universe that has Darkseid in charge of the world has it some horrible, dystopian future with people in places that makes concentration camps look like holiday camps (see Rock of Ages).

yep, alternate worlds... shall i bring in alternate worlds where Superman has killeed billions of people? i've got them on file if anyone wants me to use those stats...

2) If Superman kills Luthor what makes him different? (See Action Comics #775 on why Superman doesn't kill).

Superman has killed before, at least 16,000 deaths that i can personally account for... so that argument is gone...

3) Luthor is the smartest man on the planet, check the latest all-star superman for ways to break out of prison luthor style.

and incarcerating him in The Phantom Zone, a OA'n Holding cell orbiting earth, The Slab, the Quancha, or any of the other 6 Metahuman holding facilities reenforced with Kryptonian and OA'n technology isn't an option? please...

4) Darkseid's whole motive is to destroy the universe and re-make it using the Anti-Life equation.

um, nope... Darkseid never wanted to destroy the universe, he only wants to use the Anti-Life equation to create order, his sort of order, and maintain ballence... he has no quarms about destroying things, but he doesn't want to destroy everything as that would leave him without a kindom to rule

M

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By warlock360

Have you seen his Order? Granny Goodness? and such?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
"well he said he wants to become more perfect than the other 4  so meh, plus theres always the anti-life equation ;)
"

true, but then The Anti-Life equation would kill noone and will never be in Darkseid's control now as now the New-Gods are human they have all lost their powers, one of which was the Anti-Life equation...

as far as i know the Anti-Life equation was destroyed for good at the end of the New-God War, but i could be mistaken there as i haven't kept up with the last few issues

M
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
"Have you seen his Order? Granny Goodness? and such?
"

yeah... and?

M
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Final Arrow

I may be going out of my element here seeing as im not an SS fan but could the Great Wizard Shazam do it Not Shazam himself but the wizard who was once Shazam but is not any longer.

(could have said that in a less confusing sentace but choose not to:p)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Methos
Final Arrow said:
"I may be going out of my element here seeing as im not an SS fan but could the Great Wizard Shazam do it Not Shazam himself but the wizard who was once Shazam but is not any longer.

(could have said that in a less confusing sentace but choose not to:p)"

The wizard probably could... and Lord Marvel as Batson is now known probably could as well...

thanks, didn't think of those...

also i'll add Phantom Stranger to the list

M
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By warlock360

could of said Vlarem, or Jebediah O' Keenan

anyways

Methos look at the first few lines in Darkseids wiki

"
All that is Darkseid's has been taken by him through blood and force. It is unsure how Uxas evolved into an embodiment of evil that he is now."

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By warlock360
Methos said:
"Final Arrow said:
"I may be going out of my element here seeing as im not an SS fan but could the Great Wizard Shazam do it Not Shazam himself but the wizard who was once Shazam but is not any longer.

(could have said that in a less confusing sentace but choose not to:p)"

The wizard probably could... and Lord Marvel as Batson is now known probably could as well...

thanks, didn't think of those...

also i'll add Phantom Stranger to the list

M
"
The Quintessence for sure
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Final Arrow

Lets not forget Black Ann I think that is her name goes to check

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ace High

Well it wasn't alternate it was THE actual timeline until the re-did it somehow...I can't remember correctly. Yeah Superman is well known for killing people, you know thats his whole deal, flying around killing people left right and centre thats like his whole schtick....or not. Have you actually read Final Crisis? The whole point is EVIL HAS WON, and DARKSEID IS THE EVIL. You must be the only guy on the planet who doesn't think Darkseid is evil. What about putting kids in camps and giving them the anti-life equation and making them slaves? That not evil to you?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By warlock360

And the Allmight duck of duckness! (It's Sunspots duck he absorbs powers lol)

caption
caption

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By warlock360
Ace High said:
"Well it wasn't alternate it was THE actual timeline until the re-did it somehow...I can't remember correctly. Yeah Superman is well known for killing people, you know thats his whole deal, flying around killing people left right and centre thats like his whole schtick....or not. Have you actually read Final Crisis? The whole point is EVIL HAS WON, and DARKSEID IS THE EVIL. You must be the only guy on the planet who doesn't think Darkseid is evil. What about putting kids in camps and giving them the anti-life equation and making them slaves? That not evil to you?
"
thats what im trying to say but he wont listen, stubbern...
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#73  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

People keep saying Surfer got a power up but no one's been able to explain exactly what that means. What can he do now that he couldn't do before? Someone tell me and be specific.

Voidheart said:

"well he took on two beings that were able to beat galactus and won...
"
Surfer took on two beings that were able to beat Galactus and won, but only barely and not under his own power. He had to use an outside energy source (read: plot device) they just happened to be fighting next to and after the fight he was practically dead. If Galactus hadn't been right there to heal him there would be no Silver Surfer because the energy source he tapped was too much for him. He didn't beat them. The energy of the Crunch beat them, he just channeled it at them and it nearly killed him.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Final Arrow
Ace High said:
"Well it wasn't alternate it was THE actual timeline until the re-did it somehow...I can't remember correctly. Yeah Superman is well known for killing people, you know thats his whole deal, flying around killing people left right and centre thats like his whole schtick....or not. Have you actually read Final Crisis? The whole point is EVIL HAS WON, and DARKSEID IS THE EVIL. You must be the only guy on the planet who doesn't think Darkseid is evil. What about putting kids in camps and giving them the anti-life equation and making them slaves? That not evil to you?
"

Think your going off topic here
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By warlock360
Buckshot said:
"People keep saying Surfer got a power up but no one's been able to explain exactly what that means. What can he do now that he couldn't do before? Someone tell me and be specific.

Voidheart said:
"well he took on two beings that were able to beat galactus and won...
"
Surfer took on two beings that were able to beat Galactus and won, but only barely and not under his own power. He had to use an outside energy source (read: plot device) they just happened to be fighting next to and after the fight he was practically dead. If Galactus hadn't been right there to heal him there would be no Silver Surfer because the energy source he tapped was too much for him. He didn't beat them. The energy of the Crunch beat them, he just channeled it at them and it nearly killed him.
"
you see thats the whole point, he a pawn defeated two beings that were able to defeat his master which has his power to the tenth. And even if he would have died, he defeated them. end of story no what if and would of.
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Ace High

Blame Methos, he is the one saying Darkseid isn't evil. Well he sure as heck isn't a hero so he can't be used in this thread anyways.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:

"
All that is Darkseid's has been taken by him through blood and force. It is unsure how Uxas evolved into an embodiment of evil that he is now.""

yes, because i trust Wiki implicitly....

/sarcasm

Evil is always subjective, people love to see black and white universes, good and evil... i much prefer to see shades of grey everywhere as to some people Darkseid is a hero and Superman an idiot for trying to enforce his moral standards of 'no killing' on everyone...

M
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By warlock360

oh and its from this site btw

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By warlock360

Oh and note to self: before arguing a stubbern mod, check the DCcomics.com page where Darkseid is listed as a villain

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Final Arrow
Methos said:
"Voidheart said:

"
All that is Darkseid's has been taken by him through blood and force. It is unsure how Uxas evolved into an embodiment of evil that he is now.""

yes, because i trust Wiki implicitly....

/sarcasm

Evil is always subjective, people love to see black and white universes, good and evil... i much prefer to see shades of grey everywhere as to some people Darkseid is a hero and Superman an idiot for trying to enforce his moral standards of 'no killing' on everyone...

M
"

Im actually with the mod, I hate in comics how they try and make it black and white if you look at how dark side was brought up his out look on life is totally diffrent from ours but look how his people love him apart from the small few he has loyal warriors who will die at his command in his eyes he is not evil . Lex Luthor is another person in my eyes who is not evil (please read Man of Steel the lex Luthor story it was brilliant)
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
"Ace High said:
"
thats what im trying to say but he wont listen, stubbern...
"

yes, i have read final crisis... personally i didn't like it but i read between the lines as well as what was on the page...

So tons of people think Darkseid is evil, so what?

has Darkseid ever used the Anti-life equation in the 'real' timeline? no...

has he ever done any of those things you list in the 'real' timeline? no...

has Superman killed over 14,000 beings with his own hands and billions inadvertantly? yes...

would the DCU be a better place if Superman finally killed Darkseid and liberated Apokalypse?

it probably would, but if that happened the GLC would intervine and kick Superman's ass from here clean accross the source wall...

i'm not defending Darkseid for anything he's done, i'm simply stating that Superman has as much blood on his hands as Darkseid, maybe more... just because Superman tries to be a hero and perfect his ideals before enforcing them on the rest of the world, it doesn't make him any different than what Darkseid has done...

Superman has stopped the unitated states legal system before (at least twice that i can remember) stating that as he doesn't kill, he won't let his 'prisoners' be killed by humans either... so he's enforcing his morals on the rest of earth... is that any different from how Darkseid operates on Apokalypse?

M
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
"Oh and note to self: before arguing a stubbern mod, check the DCcomics.com page where Darkseid is listed as a villain
"

i'm not stubborn... i'm perfectly willing to accept that Darkseid has done horrible things and had murdered millions...

Superman has done exactly the same but people seem to be blind to him, which is weird seeing as all he wears in primary colors :p

M
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By warlock360

In this case the end justifies the means, and can you remember what happened on Themyscira when the Amazons refused to aid darkseid on his plan?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Voidheart said:
you see thats the whole point, he a pawn defeated two beings that were able to defeat his master which has his power to the tenth. And even if he would have died, he defeated them. end of story no what if and would of.
"
He didn't defeat them under his own power. He'd never be able to. He won because of a plot device, not anything he could do. If you can't understand that, not my problem.

Still waiting for a description of this power up.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By warlock360

instead of the small boost of Galactus' power he now has 25% (thats just what i heard)

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By warlock360
Methos said:
"Voidheart said:
"Oh and note to self: before arguing a stubbern mod, check the DCcomics.com page where Darkseid is listed as a villain
"

i'm not stubborn... i'm perfectly willing to accept that Darkseid has done horrible things and had murdered millions...

Superman has done exactly the same but people seem to be blind to him, which is weird seeing as all he wears in primary colors :p

M
"
true, but Superman does it indirect and Darkseid does it willingly
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
"In this case the end justifies the means, and can you remember what happened on Themyscira when the Amazons refused to aid darkseid on his plan?
"

you said it yourself, the end justifies the means... which was all i was trying to state at the begining of this discussion...

Darkseid has his own outlook on life and protects the people of Apokalypse with deadly force...

he may have plans of galactic domination or whatever, but he's still abiding by his own moral code, whether or not people agree with that is a moot point...

you believe Darkseid is a pure villain with no shades of grey inbetween, if that is so then why does he protect the people of Apokalypse so viciously and use deadly force to anyone that opposes him or tries to invade the planet?

if he was pure evil then he wouldn't care about the 'little people' and just care for himself...

M
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Ace High

Yeah he has used the anti life equation in a real life time. Obviously you haven't been reading Final Crisis cause he does it in the first issue. The blood on Superman's hands aren't caused directly by him though whereas Darkseid has explicitly murders all those people. Thats like saying that Hitler wasn't evil cause the German people at the time thought he was a hero. Seeing as Superman doesn't have slave pits that torture people to death on Earth run by people like Granny Godness I'd say yes it is different. Superman doesn't rule Earth he protects.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Methos
Voidheart said:
true, but Superman does it indirect and Darkseid does it willingly
"

Superman does it indirectly but he still could have saved them if he abandoned his moral code and actually used his full potential... but he refuses to kill and refuses to do what needs to be done...

he might be the complete opposite of Darkseid in that respect but i'd rather have a hero that would kill than one would would just sit by and watch as hundreds of people are killed every time a 'supervillain' escapes

M
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Voidheart said:
"instead of the small boost of Galactus' power he now has 25% (thats just what i heard)
"
First, prove it. (That he got 25% as well as whatever the number was before.) Then explain exactly what that means. What that additional power means. Feats would help.
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Methos
Ace High said:
"Yeah he has used the anti life equation in a real life time. Obviously you haven't been reading Final Crisis cause he does it in the first issue. The blood on Superman's hands aren't caused directly by him though whereas Darkseid has explicitly murders all those people. Thats like saying that Hitler wasn't evil cause the German people at the time thought he was a hero. Seeing as Superman doesn't have slave pits that torture people to death on Earth run by people like Granny Godness I'd say yes it is different. Superman doesn't rule Earth he protects.
"

a guilded cage is still a cage...

this has gone way off topic though, i was just meaning to prove that Darkseid is by no means a pure evil character with no shades of grey, like all characters in the DCU it's just a matter of perspective...

M
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By warlock360

I dont even know exactly lol (thats why i said i heard), well for a feat, Nova recently gave a shot at SS and couldnt even scratch him

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Voidheart said:
"I dont even know exactly lol (thats why i said i heard), well for a feat, Nova recently gave a shot at SS and couldnt even scratch him
"
You shouldn't go around saying things that you can't back up. And I saw the Nova fight, nothing there that couldn't be done before.
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Ace High

Well like I have said many times, he definately isn't a hero so he has no real purpose in this thread. If you wanna take the Surfer out you need power at least on the Phantom Strangers level in the DCU.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By warlock360
Buckshot said:
"Voidheart said:
"I dont even know exactly lol (thats why i said i heard), well for a feat, Nova recently gave a shot at SS and couldnt even scratch him
"
You shouldn't go around saying things that you can't back up.
"
.... huh?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Voidheart said:
"Buckshot said:
"Voidheart said:
"
"
.... huh?
"
What, you disagree? If you keep saying things that you have no evidence for and aren't even sure about, just going off "what you heard", then you can't prove your statements. Not only that, but other people see it and then they go around saying the same thing with no proof either (like you did). Then you have a large number of people believing some false information and making decisions based off that and coming to the wrong conclusions.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Final Arrow
Buckshot said:
"Voidheart said:
"Buckshot said:
"Voidheart said:
"
"
.... huh?
"
What, you disagree? If you keep saying things that you have no evidence for and aren't even sure about, just going off "what you heard", then you can't prove your statements. Not only that, but other people see it and then they go around saying the same thing with no proof either (like you did). Then you have a large number of people believing some false information and making decisions based off that and coming to the wrong conclusions.
"
Dude I think we are way off topic let rain it back in again alot of what people say is just hearsay I mean just agree to disagree.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By warlock360
Buckshot said:
"Voidheart said:
"Buckshot said:
"Voidheart said:
"
"
.... huh?
"
"
thats why it isnt legit i didnt EVER state it was so stop trying to twist words in my mouth
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Final Arrow
Voidheart said:
"Buckshot said:
"Voidheart said:
"Buckshot said:
"Voidheart said:
"
"
.... huh?
"
"
thats why it isnt legit i didnt EVER state it was so stop trying to twist words in my mouth"

Goes for you to.

Looks for his mod badge realise he does not have one ,

Ah f@ck it argue.
nix_smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By nix_smoke

Lets get out of the comic book scene. Let's go to the real thing in life! What if you have Surfer's powers and ur fighting Doom? U have the power cosmic what's Doom gonna do with that? Heck he has no godlike powers like the Surfer does. Writers just gives heroes flaws so that there'll be balance and cos they want to. But in real life (without the writers powers)  could someone beat the Surfer?