Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44
Spider-Man
Spider-Man

Rules

• I am looking for the bare minimum that can beat spider-man (don't give stupid answers like galactus, superman, hulk, etc)
  • I will let you decide if morals are on or off for the character you pick and spider-man but you cannot have 1 character with morals on and spider-man with morals off and vice versa
  • For this battle spider-man just has web shooters and webbing, and spider-tracers, no other tech all though this is post way of the spider
  • These are all random encounters and there is no prep
  • You must provide reasoning
  • I am looking for characters who would take a majority on spider-man not a small percentage

• Your character and spider-man begin visible
  • Begin 30 feat apart
  • Location is unpopulated
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

So what is the least powerful, skilled character that in your opinion can beat spider-man?

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VeganDiet

Until you specified the setting I was going to say that Wolverine could probably take a majority in a jungle/forest setting. But he absolutely wouldn't win in the setting you've chosen.

Edit: Honestly I can't think of many who could take a hefty majority without them being unfair characters. I can think of a few characters that could have slim wins, but none that can decisively beat him.

Maybe Morals off Cyclops.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xeon1cs
No Caption Provided

Oh hey guys, what's going on here?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jashro44

@xeon1cs: Karate is the bare minimum? The less powerful and least skilled character you could think of?

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xeon1cs

@jashro44: No, but then again, that wasn't part of the rules, now was it? He's not Galactus tier, or Superman tier, in reality. He's a street leveler.

Regardless, pretty much no one below Iron Fist-tier is going to beat Spiderman in this location, and under these conditions, in terms of street levelers, which is what you seem to be looking for.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NyghtMare

Spider-Man is faster, but Nightcrawler could potentially teleport his head off or something along those lines.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VeganDiet

@xeon1cs said:

@jashro44: No, but then again, that wasn't part of the rules, now was it? He's not Galactus tier, or Superman tier, in reality. He's a street leveler.

Regardless, pretty much no one below Iron Fist-tier is going to beat Spiderman in this location, and under these conditions, in terms of street levelers, which is what you seem to be looking for.

Yeah. Basically any street leveler that steps to Spider-man in this locale is gonna get webbed up and craned in the face.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emperorb777

morals off for Spiderman

Morals on for the Saint

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VeganDiet

@Immortal777: Not really up on Preacher, but didn't he, like, kill God? I think he'd be overqualified.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jashro44

@xeon1cs said:

Karate kid is not a street leveler IMO. His feats say otherwise. I am not looking for street levelers exactly, I am looking for the bare minimum. You can pick characters beyond street level as long as there not mismatches. The character with the least speed, strength, skill, durability, etc that can beat spider-man is what I am looking for. Karate kid is definitely not the bare minimum considering he goes hand to hand with kryptonians. Galactus, superman, and hulk were just examples. I do disagree about iron fist beating spider-man however.

@NyghtMare: Spider-man can track nightcrawlers teleports with spider-sense. So getting his head teleported off isn't a concern to spider-man.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hksaru

...Venom?

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vengance101

Mmmm I'm going to have to go with a video game character

maybe those like

Master Chief (Play Halo 4 instead of flaming me)

Albert Wesker

Jake Muller

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pokergeist

@jashro44: Each one in a one on one fight. Morals ON for the Riders and Morals OFF for Spider Man.

Ghost Rider (Blaze Control) can win.

Ghost Rider (Ketch Control) can win.

Ghost Rider (Caleb Rider) can win.

Vengeance (Badilno) can win.

All have the same reasons for winning. In human control they have roughly 20 ton strength. Spider Man Durability. Wolverine Level Regeneration. Also packing Infinite Chains, Hellfire Blast, Penance Stare, and Hellfire Bodies means webbing is useless.

I win.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By laflux

Kaine, Mr Negative, BT, Gorgon with Godkiller, Post Amagatto Fist, Warpath, Wolverine, Any Venom's, Puma, American Eagle, Fat Cobra, Spider-Woman could all steal wins off him or get a majority depending on morals.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By renamed040924

@NyghtMare said:

Spider-Man is faster, but Nightcrawler could potentially teleport his head off or something along those lines.

Not with spider sense.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VeganDiet

@laflux: I don't think Wolverine could take him here. Maybe a small percentage, but in this Arena with all the room to maneuver Spidey would take him handily.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MonsterStomp

@xeon1cs said:

Karate Kid spars with Superboy and Supergirl. C'mon man don't be a smart a$$.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By renamed040924

When it comes to street levelers, Spider-Man is quite literally is the best. It's extremely difficult to think up a character who can get a sure fire win over him while still keeping it low tier, but I'll offer Vamp as a possibility.

He's easily in Peter's league speedwise (for reference, Raiden was chopping up Machine Gun bullets midair while still human, and Vamp danced around him in cyborg form) and though not nearly as strong, makes up for it with a pretty good HF.

More than anything though, Vamp will get a win through his INCREDIBLE CC skill. Raiden, as we went over, is a lightning fast 100 tonner, and also an expert swordsman himself, having killed Solidus while still a human, despite Solidus being equipped with a powered exoskeleton, missiles, and Doc Ock arms. Vamp fought evenly with him AFTER Raiden went through his scout training and robot transformation, through sheer knive combat skill.

Not saying Vamp WILL win, he's just an option. He has plenty of tricks such as shadow hypnotism and muscle reading, but Pete is still far stronger, has agility on his side, not to mention spider sense.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By robertloucksjr

Fantomax's misdirection and physical skills give him a shot.

Zealot's physical and martial skills give her a shot.

Moonstone's varied skills (teleportation/lasers/15 tonner) make her a likely candidate.

Low level Asgardian like Fandral (30 tonner/healing ability/martial skills/sword) should take the majority.

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

Vergil from Devil May Cry.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By renamed040924

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Rules

• You must provide reasoning
Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Marksman

@nickzambuto said:

When it comes to street levelers, Spider-Man is quite literally is the best. It's extremely difficult to think up a character who can get a sure fire win over him while still keeping it low tier, but I'll offer Vamp as a possibility.

He's easily in Peter's league speedwise (for reference, Raiden was chopping up Machine Gun bullets midair while still human, and Vamp danced around him in cyborg form) and though not nearly as strong, makes up for it with a pretty good HF.

More than anything though, Vamp will get a win through his INCREDIBLE CC skill. Raiden, as we went over, is a lightning fast 100 tonner, and also an expert swordsman himself, having killed Solidus while still a human, despite Solidus being equipped with a powered exoskeleton, missiles, and Doc Ock arms. Vamp fought evenly with him AFTER Raiden went through his scout training and robot transformation, through sheer knive combat skill.

Not saying Vamp WILL win, he's just an option. He has plenty of tricks such as shadow hypnotism and muscle reading, but Pete is still far stronger, has agility on his side, not to mention spider sense.

Yeah, I was gonna say Vamp

SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

@nickzambuto: Vergil can move at hypersonic speeds, has regeneration and has teleportation. And his sword Yamato is said to have the ability to cut through anything even space and time.

I notice someone on page one didn't give reason for their character yet you chose me out of the crowd. Coincidence much?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By renamed040924

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@nickzambuto: Vergil can move at hypersonic speeds, has regeneration and has teleportation. And his sword Yamato is said to have the ability to cut through anything even space and time.

I notice someone on page one didn't give reason for their character yet you chose me out of the crowd. Coincidence much?

Maybe.

SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

@nickzambuto said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Maybe.

Ah okay.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By reignmaker

Ok, I know you guys have been waiting for this one...but this guy right here would beat Spider-Man. You want reasoning? Lazers shoot from his nipples. And it's overpowered.

No Caption Provided
NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NyghtMare

@jashro44: @nickzambuto:

Spidey-sense didn't help there.

Nightcrawler can win.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SpeedForceSpider said:

O_o Vergil is overkill.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer croc armed with a rock morales off.. he stomps

Nu_Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nu_Marksman
No Caption Provided
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laflux

@Nu_Marksman said:

No Caption Provided

overkill

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

- Do I need to explain this one?

No Caption Provided

- Speed, agility and reflexes to keep up with him and enough power to KO the Spider-Man with one strike.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I think daredevil is a perfect candidate for this thread,,in daredevil 16 he defeated a mind controlled spidey under the control or ringmaster,,,he also stalemated symbiote Spider-Man while wearing a fat suit most of the time..I think these two are pretty even in agility and both have senses that are keen and comparable...daredevil IMO has slightly better senses and he has even saved Spider-Man from a sniper before,,the edge goes to Matt in martial arts skills and with out pis he would be able to use his pressure point training to one shot spidey just like Hyde who is incredibly strong..I'm not saying this is a 10/10 victory but DD could probably take a slight majority in 6/10,,, Spider-Man has remarked in comics how he has trouble hitting Matt and how agile he is..plus Matt has stalemated the likes of black panther ,,IronFist,, and has beaten some super tough opponents like nuke, informorph (who was programmed with daredevil and captain America's abilities) I think this is a good match with out going overboard

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
No Caption Provided

He has superior reaction time, accelerated healing factor, heightened senses, super-strenght, and experienced in hand to hand combat. He can also predict your attacks.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By laflux

@Bane_of_sith said:

I think daredevil is a perfect candidate for this thread,,in daredevil 16 he defeated a mind controlled spidey under the control or ringmaster,,,he also stalemated symbiote Spider-Man while wearing a fat suit most of the time..I think these two are pretty even in agility and both have senses that are keen and comparable...daredevil IMO has slightly better senses and he has even saved Spider-Man from a sniper before,,the edge goes to Matt in martial arts skills and with out pis he would be able to use his pressure point training to one shot spidey just like Hyde who is incredibly strong..I'm not saying this is a 10/10 victory but DD could probably take a slight majority in 6/10,,, Spider-Man has remarked in comics how he has trouble hitting Matt and how agile he is..plus Matt has stalemated the likes of black panther ,,IronFist,, and has beaten some super tough opponents like nuke, informorph (who was programmed with daredevil and captain America's abilities) I think this is a good match with out going overboard

Nah. Morals on he could win, but morals off Spider-Man wrecks.

@AmazingScrewOnHead said:

Killer croc armed with a rock morales off.. he stomps

Nice joke.

Nu_Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nu_Marksman

@laflux said:

@Nu_Marksman said:

No Caption Provided

overkill

Your point?

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By afueikawa

Perhaps this one?

No Caption Provided
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jashro44

@Hksaru said:

...Venom?

Depends on the version IMO and morals. I would argue spider-man beating flash with morals on and in character. He isn't that competent.

@Vengance101 said:

Mmmm I'm going to have to go with a video game character

maybe those like

Master Chief (Play Halo 4 instead of flaming me)

Albert Wesker

Jake Muller

I don't know anything about master chief so I wont comment but I would argue spider-man beating wesker. He should be able to beat Jake pretty easily unless I'm missing something.

@CadenceV2: All though ghost riders will beat spider-man they will likely stomp him. I don't think they are the bare minimum. Seems like overkill from what I hear of the ghost riders. Aren't they nigh cosmic beings who fight hell lords?

@laflux said:

Kaine, Mr Negative, BT, Gorgon with Godkiller, Post Amagatto Fist, Warpath, Wolverine, Any Venom's, Puma, American Eagle, Fat Cobra, Spider-Woman could all steal wins off him or get a majority depending on morals.

• Kaine-He can win a few but I would say spider-man for a majority. With morals on kaine still has those so I would think Peter could take him due to spider-sense (it seems to work on him post spider-island) and his better fighting style. Even if kaine has him outclassed I think Peters skill will give him the win in a good fight. It was designed to fight people with spider-powers.
  • Mr.negative-I agree he would win
  • Black tarantula-He has all ready proven his durability so I will say he wins. All though I think a case could be made that spider-man pressure points him.
  • Gorgon-I agree
  • iron fist-Personally I would say spider-mans physicals give him an edge. He has a shot but I think Peter would take him in the end as well due to better range and physicals.
  • Warpath-I heard he was joke? Maybe I'm mistaken?
  • Wolverine-Peter should be able to incapacitate him in this scenario for the majority.
  • Venom-I would argue with morals on he beast flash. Flash isn't the most competent user when he is in control.
  • Puma-I think Peter has proven he should beat puma for a majority after a good fight.
  • American Eagle-I have no idea who this is
  • Fat cobra-Its debatable but I think Peter can take him as well. He did beat Danny but if I'm not mistaken Danny was distracted. I need to check those scans I saw of fat cobra again but I don't recall anything Peter can't handle...
  • Spider-woman-She would lose. I know she was beating him in free comic book day but Slott was hyping us up for way of the spider and he overplayed Peters Spider-sense. Peter stomped her in ends of the earth. I know some would argue Spider-woman wasn't fighting to the best of her abilities but I think the same could be said for Peter in free comic book day.

@nickzambuto: Concerning Vamps speed I don't think he is as fast as spider-man (I could be wrong). Spider-man has blitzed daredevil before who has deflected gun fire, he also speed blitzed people with his own powers, and has moved at machine gun fire speed, so its not a big stretch to believe he is faster than Vamp. Also I will have to look at the video again but Vamp and Raiden were pretty even weren't they? And does vamp have any range? Peter still has his webbing.

@Super_SoldierXII: ???

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kovak
No Caption Provided
KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KnightRise

Maybe?

No Caption Provided
Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vengance101

@jashro44: well the reason I chose wesker is only because of his regen and speed he can outlast spiderman if he doesn't get tagged

and Jake Muller can beat spiderman (but not win the majority)

If you play the resident evil 6 Campaign his punches hurt the main boss (who survived propane tank explosions at point blank unfazed, than a hundred foot drop with zero damage and barrages of high caliber bullets to the head unfazed than multiple explosions)

Sorceror_Swift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sorceror_Swift

@KnightRise said:

Maybe?

No Caption Provided

Mate, that overkill level is almost as high as:

No Caption Provided

YAY OVERKILL!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jashro44

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Isn't that overkill? I don't play devil may cry but I always see Dante paired up with hulk....Doesn't seem like the bare minimum.

@Reignmaker: LOL

@NyghtMare: That was decades ago. Spider-man rarely even used his speed and agility in that decade. I could just as easily post secret wars where all though spider-man doesn't win he does get the better of nightcrawler and nightcrawler even remarks his speed.

@HigorM: I said this above but I will say black tarantula wins all though I can see a case for spider-man via pressure points. I would argue spider-man is faster and more agile than iron fist and has better range. A case could be made both ways but I would say spider-man.

@Bane_of_sith said:

Daredevil will get wrecked by spider-man. He never beat spider-man and that wasn't daredevil 16. And spider-man was slow and sluggish due to mind control anyways. The incident with the fat suit, daredevil used a special gas to make spider-sense go haywire, and spider-man only did bad at first due to acting irrational. The second he got to his senses he beat matt down. Matt was able to save spider-man from the sniper because against spider-sense had gone haywire. Iron fist can try to pressure point spider-man, however that requires precision and not only is peter faster than him but spider-sense has shown it can tell Peter which way to angle his body to get minimal damage possible (new ways to die when those men fired the guns with the bullets that were following him, spider-sense told him which way to angle his body to avoid getting hit in vital organs), I would think with a pressure point it would tell him which way to angle his body so daredevil doesn't hit him. I honestly think spider-man would stomp if both are fighting to the best of there abilities.

@DarkKnightDetective: Deathstroke is a good match for spider-man all though I always favored Peter. I don't believe deathstroke has better reaction speed (Peter sees the world in slow motion as well) and spider-sense should give him an edge in that department. Peter also has him outclassed and all though he has faced stronger and faster than spider-man he usually has studied that super human prior to fighting them.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jashro44

@KnightRise: Midnighter should win. He is better in most aspects that matter (precog, skill, healing and I think durability all though I don't know much about midnighters durability).

Spider-man has gotten the upper hand on taskmaster before. I think Peter can take him if he is fighting to the best of his ability.

@Vengance101: Wesker isn't faster than spider-man. Dodging bullets and moving faster than the human eye can follow is stuff Peter has done. His regeneration and durability is an issue but besides that Peter has him outclassed. I know wesker is suppose to be skilled and have milatary training but I think with way of the spider Peter has him outclassed in skill. He has shown better technical knowledge and I haven't seen many displays of skill from wesker.

Spider-man has taken worse than what Jake Muller has dished out. And Muller is still outclassed physically.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vengance101

@jashro44:I never said wesker is faster than spiderman in fact they're equal in speed, the only advantage I said wesker has his regenration

can parker take a bullet to the head? (no but he has agility, I'm talking about durability and regen) so parker has better feats but that's because he's a comic book character and have hundreds of issues.

All I said was he can take on spiderman and win 4/10 maybe even 5/10 of the matches.

Also no,no,no,

Play Jake Muller's campaign he's fought enemies as fast as spiderman.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jashro44

@Vengance101:

I never said wesker is faster than spiderman in fact they're equal in speed, the only advantage I said wesker has his regenration

can parker take a bullet to the head? (no but he has agility, I'm talking about durability and regen) so parker has better feats but that's because he's a comic book character and have hundreds of issues.

All I said was he can take on spiderman and win 4/10 maybe even 5/10 of the matches.

I don't see how they are equal. Wesker is fast because he dodges pistols after they are fired and disappears in front of peoples eye sight. Spider-man has done the same thing. Spider-man having hundreds of issues means nothing. Gorgon doesn't have a lot of showings and yet I would argue he beats spider-man for a majority. Spider-man has consistently shown to be faster than wesker as far as I am concerned.

Also no,no,no,

Play Jake Muller's campaign he's fought enemies as fast as spiderman.

Like who?

ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ndm5

Master Chief if armed well enough. A Energy Sword and Spartan Laser could do the trick

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jashro44

@ndm5 said:

Master Chief if armed well enough. A Energy Sword and Spartan Laser could do the trick

Curious but that has Chief done to say he can take spider-man?

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vengance101

@jashro44: they are equal because

spiderman can doge bullets and so can wesker.

there's pretty much solid in speed, spiderman has done nothing that surpasses wesker in speed (wesker has dogged sniper rifle rounds and rpg's with ease)

@jashro44: I don't want to spoil the game for anyone, but the main boss is a good candidate his durability and strength far surpasses that of spiderman.

P.S: Jake is not a regular human btw he's enhanced (waaaaaay stronger than chris redfield who's a 5 tonner by going with feats)