Who can beat Lord Beerus?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@i_am_lightning: I have seen the Atom ride telephone waves and get into more obscure things...he uses his size to ride on particles and other really small things which imo I see no reason why he can't sneak his way into Beerus system. Captain Atom new 52 shrunk down and destroyed cancer at the cellular level. I think these are good counters to most any OP hero.

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

@citizensentry: Imperfect Cell already pointed that out, and I figured out more about toon force. Thanks still though.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@micah said:
@princearagorn1 said:

@micah:

Actually based on the info I've just received the claim does have a basis to stand on which directly corrolates to actual feats seen within DBZ. I won't spoil it but if the info I've received is correct (and I suspect it is) then we no reason to doubt the claim.

I have seen the movie, no need to worry about spoilers. They don't do anything past star level.

What reason is not irrelevant at all. Tell me what reason does Whis (I'll take Gods out) have to lie about his students capabilities and the damage he is capable of dishing out. By saying the reason is irrelevant is simply ignoring the question since we have no reasons to doubt a statement from Whis other that trying to play the "feats" card. Which doesn't work when one realizes that statements can and will be just as valid as feats in numerous circumstances.

The same reason as why hulk isn't the strongest one there is, koro sensei isn't omnipotent, and gotoh isn't invincible. Whis is no authority on galaxy level, the best we've seen him around is star level.

The funny part is, you don't even realize you're making your case impossible by saying most statements are valid basis to go on. By that logic, thanos took attacks from omnipotents, and bills's chances are still effectively null.

First point isn't a strong reason.

...Every showing in the manga ever isn't a strong reason. Are you even reading what you're typing?

Numerous characters have no feats on the level their accused of being at yet credible Viners all agree that they are at said level due to numerous statements that were used to flesh out their character. Why would we use double standards when it comes to DBZ?

Like who, if I may ask? And I'm actually asking you to drop the double standards, not the other way around. Unbacked hype is never considered a valid argument.

I wasn't using double standards with Sentry. Simply stating that his case is not as simple as immediately accepting what's been said about him due to his history. As for Odin depending upon who you ask he would be omnipotent, and I've seen valid reasons given as to why. But he's not the focus for this conversation so I'll drop it.

Very well.

It would be considering just how much power Beerus has access to. I think you need to consider just how much work it takes for a being like Beerus to hold himself back as much as he does so galactic destruction doesn't happen everytime he fights.

It takes him no effort to ensure prevention of galactic destruction, since he's a multi-star buster - he'll need need billions of years to actually damage one significantly.

I'm guessing he would be exhausted if that's the first bracing workout he's had in a millennial lol. The fact that he had woken up out of his sleep not too long ago, and from what we know had no real opponents to battle over the course of his reign, combined with the excitement of facing a foe such as Goku and relying on his heavily suppressed power to battle on par with Goku (he could have beaten him within an instant) then I guess he would be tired at the end all things considered.

...he was using over half his full power according to himself, that's not much holding back.

Allowing for scaling and potency off previous feats would only prove my case.

It really doesn't. The best feat ki blasts have is destroying planets, you'll be able to scale him to star-multi-star level. You're better off using his direct showing instead of all that effort, lol.

Not necessarily. Statements can stand on their own, if we have no reason to doubt them. Cell was always a solar system buster from the moment Akira wrote that infamous statement. The guidebooks were only needed to convince the holdouts and anti-DBZ fanbase that what Akira wrote (surprise, surprise the writer of the series wasn't lying -_-) was the truth. And in this case that's the situation.

The guidebook is what akira wrote, without it, cell statement is just outlying hype.

Not in the slightest. Are you telling me that if I expand my characters power in the form of statements then my character's power is no longer valid? That I've wasted my time drawing every last panel and forming every last statement about said characters power only for you to brush aside everything I've said because you don't trust me? And who says the star busting feat is all we go off of? We go by all forms of evidence on these forums, statements included. Would you accept the galaxy busting statement if Akira was telling you the same thing I am?

As long as you own the series, and don't contradict yourself, that's alright.

Out of curiosity, since you're so insistent that author statements are always valid and say there are no double standards, you will also say superman beats bills because the writers said 'he'll always find a way and prevail'?

That may have been the case before this movie, but things change.

They didn't do anything past star level in the movie unless I dozed off a few minutes during. nothing changed.

The sad part is, thanos has taken attacks from characters who have vastly surpassed galaxy level on-panel, and yet I'm not insisting on them because I know they're outlying by his standards. But you're adamant on 'galaxy level by statements even if the best feat in series is double star level' will be enough to beat him.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By micah007123

@princearagorn1 said:
@micah said:
@princearagorn1 said:

@micah:

Actually based on the info I've just received the claim does have a basis to stand on which directly corrolates to actual feats seen within DBZ. I won't spoil it but if the info I've received is correct (and I suspect it is) then we no reason to doubt the claim.

I have seen the movie, no need to worry about spoilers. They don't do anything past star level.

In terms of actually destroying something then yes. You would be correct in that instance.

The same reason as why hulk isn't the strongest one there is, koro sensei isn't omnipotent, and gotoh isn't invincible. Whis is no authority on galaxy level, the best we've seen him around is star level.

I'm sorry what? What does Hulk, Koro, and Gotoh have to do with this? Whis stated his pupil could destroy the galaxy if he used every ounce of his power in one shot that would require Beerus to go immediately to sleep afterwards. Case closed.

The funny part is, you don't even realize you're making your case impossible by saying most statements are valid basis to go on. By that logic, thanos took attacks from omnipotents, and bills's chances are still effectively null.

Again why are you trying to complicate this? Whis stated at full power Beerus could destroy a galaxy........what's so hard to accept about this. Give me reason as to why we shouldn't take Whis statement seriously.........they have existed for thousands of years keeping the cycle of rebirth and destruction......again I ask what reason would Whis have to lie about his students capabilities and even state what would happen after Beerus uses every ounce of his power?

...Every showing in the manga ever isn't a strong reason. Are you even reading what you're typing?

?

Like who, if I may ask? And I'm actually asking you to drop the double standards, not the other way around. Unbacked hype is never considered a valid argument.

No you may not ask. What you think now I'm lying lol? I understand unbacked hype is never considered a valid argument.....too bad that same logic can't be applied here. This is once again a case of Cell stating he could destroy the solar system with his power and holdouts (lowballers) thinking Akira didn't know what he was writing. Once again what Akira wrote/supervised in the script is the final order.

It takes him no effort to ensure prevention of galactic destruction, since he's a multi-star buster - he'll need need billions of years to actually damage one significantly.

Sure...let's go with that.

...he was using over half his full power according to himself, that's not much holding back.

Considering no galaxies were harmed in the making of the fight. I'd say it classifies as holding back.

It really doesn't. The best feat ki blasts have is destroying planets, you'll be able to scale him to star-multi-star level. You're better off using his direct showing instead of all that effort, lol.

Now I'm wondering if your reading what I'm typing. This point was never about what we see them destroying it was me proving my case about potency/ki control. Something you have yet to effectively counter.

The guidebook is what akira wrote, without it, cell statement is just outlying hype.

Really so you could give a damn about what Akira wrote is that it? Not trying to sound hostile but....wow....we even see Cell attempt to destroy the solar system (which thankfully was thwarted by Gohan) yet it's still just hype without the guidebook to back it up?

As long as you own the series, and don't contradict yourself, that's alright.

Then please tell me how has Akira contradicted himself when it comes to the God tiers and the whole argument of Ki control.

Out of curiosity, since you're so insistent that author statements are always valid and say there are no double standards, you will also say superman beats bills because the writers said 'he'll always find a way and prevail'?

Nope. Not taking the bait, especially since you used Superman as an example. Don't want a storm to come upon my notifications.

They didn't do anything past star level in the movie unless I dozed off a few minutes during. nothing changed.

They don't need to do anything in the first place to be galaxy level. It's not like we need to see a galaxy being destroyed in the first place for characters to be considered galaxy level.

The sad part is, thanos has taken attacks from characters who have vastly surpassed galaxy level on-panel, and yet I'm not insisting on them because I know they're outlying by his standards. But you're adamant on 'galaxy level by statements even if the best feat in series is double star level' will be enough to beat him.

And what does this add to the conversation? I could easily tear this statement apart, I just wanna know why you wrote this in the first place. If anything what you just wrote just proves they never attacked Thanos with that level of output.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By micah007123

@princearagorn1: I'd also like to say that Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Online are apparently canon. So feats/lore in those games (which I'll bring up if I need to) also further boost my case of Beerus being a galaxy buster at 100%. We have no legit reason to doubt Whis claim at this point.

Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: ? there were no feats/ lore in dragon ball online on beerus. Xenoverse never said anything about beerus destroying a galaxy. The only claim, is apparently in ressercution of f. Which might be true who knows.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By micah007123

@jesusthesefanboys said:

@micah: ? there were no feats/ lore in dragon ball online on beerus.

Not specifically for Beerus. But I never specified specific examples on him anyway.

Xenoverse never said anything about beerus destroying a galaxy.

When did I say it did? I said feats/lore in both games can be used to boost my case. Specifically speaking when it comes to Xenoverse we have several examples that boost the credibility of Whis statement.....not that it needed to be boosted anyway.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: You just said it again. -_- "feats/lore in both games can be used to boost my case", what feats and lore, i don't remember any while playing. "Xenoverse we have several examples that boost the credibility of Whis statement." Again what examples, i don't remember any.

There was literally no mention of Beerus in dbo, especially since it closed down before battle of gods anyway.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: You just said it again. -_- "feats/lore in both games can be used to boost my case", what feats and lore, i don't remember any while playing.

And once again I'll say I never said the feats/lore in both games were specifically about him anyway -_-

"Xenoverse we have several examples that boost the credibility of Whis statement." Again what examples, i don't remember any.

Replay the game then. I'm sorry I have nothing against you I just like to keep my debates contained. I'm saving them for the Prince.

There was literally no mention of Beerus in dbo, especially since it closed down before battle of gods anyway.

I realize this.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I understand. The only credible claim, is that he can destroy galaxies in resseruction of f. But it tires him out. Apparently this is what whis says. Which would put Beerus at low skyfather if true. Odin doesn't seem bothered about destroying multiple galaxys.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I understand. The only credible claim, is that he can destroy galaxies in resseruction of f. But it tires him out. Apparently this is what whis says. Which would put Beerus at low skyfather if true. Odin doesn't seem bothered about destroying multiple galaxys.

Thank you. That's the claim that was said in the movie by Whis; an act of destruction on that level would completely tire him out.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: It doesn't really change much tbh if it is true, i never thought he can beat odin. Who wont tire from destroying multiple galaxies.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: Likewise I never thought he could take Odin anyway, nor do I loose any sleep over the fact that he can't. I clearly know the limits of the characters I like when I debate for them. I just want to make it clear that I believe the statement is true because Whis has given us no reason to not trust his word, and we know Whis can control time to correct unnecessary destruction caused at the hands of Beerus. It's not like he's lied before so I don't know why we wouldn't believe Beerus could galaxy bust at max if he defines his students limits and says what would happen afterwards.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Overwarrior2

@jesusthesefanboys: Yo, i saw the movie, And Whis states he is a galaxy buster, and alludes to fact he may have actually busted a galaxy in the past (possibly Kaioshin realm), before Whis prevented it by turning back time. And Galaxy busting is def not effortless for Beerus. It would put him to sleep for a very long time. However Odin to Galaxy bust requires OdinForce and OPs restrictions ban it. BTW Whis is like 1000 times stronger then Beerus, However i wouldnt rule Beerus out from beating Odin. Beerus is still infinitely more skilled in battle and faster. Whis would curbstomp both of them though because of the inevitable damage they could cause. He would put them into the Odinsleep and Egyptian cat sleep respectively.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overwarrior: True true, i shouldn't rule him out so quick, but at least we can say he is on that level.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, this is where Akira Toriyama put that Piccolo statement in the movie.

That's cool to know.Now, I can legitimately know Beerus is galaxy level instead of the trailer used in BoG.

Mini rant:Funny how people call it a hyperbole despite the fact that Whis is mostly objective on the most part and that Whis is not even arrogant or a liar.

Bats16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Bats16

I'm an advocate DB supporter, but I don't see where people are getting galaxy level from. I've seen Fukkatsu no F and nothing is ever said pertaining to someone busting a galaxy or being capable of it. The highest statement we have is from BoGs with Whis saying Beerus can wipe out the solar system in an instant if angered.

Overwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Overwarrior2

@bats16: Where did you see it i saw at La premier and at beginning of movie Whis mentioned how he turned back time because either (incase Beerus blows up Galaxy, or he did) my japenese isnt perfect.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By JuzaCloud

Let the dbz hate live! lol

Once again, when it comes to dbz people get scared and hate. Beerus is a galaxy buster. You don't like it? too bad. People hate that their favorite characters are easily being surpassed. And there is a new series coming to? lol

Beerus wrecks thanos. Thanos has never fought anyone with the COMBAT SPEED of a dbz character. thousands of planet level punches to his face. Show me thanos consistantly dodging FTL planetary punches one after the other. Don't show me a character trying to blitz with one punch.

I wanna see hands flying like birds.

Bats16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bats16: Where did you see it i saw at La premier and at beginning of movie Whis mentioned how he turned back time because either (incase Beerus blows up Galaxy, or he did) my japenese isnt perfect.

Japan. Flew out there the last week in April and saw it. I recall Whis saying he turned back time because Beerus blew up two suns, which made it extremely dark in the temple. I don't recall him ever saying anything about Beerus blowing up a galaxy or being able to.

Overwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bats16: Ya that part happened to, but the part im talking about was later on way to fight frieza, I know the edition they showed in LA since it was a premier was a directors cut so maybe that could be why.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@micah:

"I'm sorry what? What does Hulk, Koro, and Gotoh have to do with this? Whis stated his pupil could destroy the galaxy if he used every ounce of his power in one shot that would require Beerus to go immediately to sleep afterwards."

Their relevance is about the validity of statements.

"Case closed."

The case was closed from the start. Bills is established to multi-star bust, that's where he was, and is.

"Again why are you trying to complicate this? Whis stated at full power Beerus could destroy a galaxy........what's so hard to accept about this. Give me reason as to why we shouldn't take Whis statement seriously.........they have existed for thousands of years keeping the cycle of rebirth and destruction......again I ask what reason would Whis have to lie about his students capabilities and even state what would happen after Beerus uses every ounce of his power?"

Where is the complication? Your case is bills can beat thanos. It's extremely unlikely if we go by showings, and impossible if you accept statements. Your pick.

"No you may not ask. What you think now I'm lying lol? I understand unbacked hype is never considered a valid argument.....too bad that same logic can't be applied here. This is once again a case of Cell stating he could destroy the solar system with his power and holdouts (lowballers) thinking Akira didn't know what he was writing. Once again what Akira wrote/supervised in the script is the final order."

Since you don't want to clarify what you were talking about, nor elaborate so I can explain the examples you were thinking of, there's no reason to continue this point.

"Considering no galaxies were harmed in the making of the fight. I'd say it classifies as holding back."

That's more than 50 percent of his power, by his own admission. Twice that is not even a billionth of galaxy level

"Now I'm wondering if your reading what I'm typing. This point was never about what we see them destroying it was me proving my case about potency/ki control. Something you have yet to effectively counter."

If you paid more attention, you can see that I am reading and replying accordingly.

"Really so you could give a damn about what Akira wrote is that it? Not trying to sound hostile but....wow....we even see Cell attempt to destroy the solar system (which thankfully was thwarted by Gohan) yet it's still just hype without the guidebook to back it up?"

It's a good thing you're not trying to be hostile. Because you're making the same argument used against the cell statement. Cell's statement was not "I'm going to destroy the solar system". It was "I have gathered enough ki to blow away the entire solar system". Either of which is very much a hyperbole for a series of planet buster, considering he'll also need to destroy the star.

"Then please tell me how has Akira contradicted himself when it comes to the God tiers and the whole argument of Ki control."

All the showings in the manga put bills at multi star level, making galaxy level hype at best.

"Nope. Not taking the bait, especially since you used Superman as an example. Don't want a storm to come upon my notifications."

...how is that a bait again? Since you already said you're keeping the debate focused, you can ignore the obvious derail attempts by some users and answer the simple yes or no question.

"They don't need to do anything in the first place to be galaxy level."

Of course they do.

"It's not like we need to see a galaxy being destroyed in the first place for characters to be considered galaxy level."

All the stars of a galaxy. The galactic core. Or galaxy spanning battle. Significant damage. Something that even remotely matters to a galaxy. not just a star or two.

"And what does this add to the conversation? I could easily tear this statement apart, I just wanna know why you wrote this in the first place. If anything what you just wrote just proves they never attacked Thanos with that level of output."

By all means, tear away. What I am saying is thanos actually has several showings of taking hits from explicitly galaxy+ characters, but they're dismissed as they're outlying. Yet you're worried about dbz underestimation because utterly unbacked hype is being disregarded.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By micah007123

@princearagorn1 said:

@micah:

Their relevance is about the validity of statements.

That's nice. Now tie that into the Gods and more specifically Whis himself. Please give examples as to why I shouldn't trust Whis word in regards to his own student.

The case was closed from the start. Bills is established to multi-star bust, that's where he was, and is.

You can keep thinking that, I can't take your opinion away from you.

Where is the complication? Your case is bills can beat thanos. It's extremely unlikely if we go by showings, and impossible if you accept statements. Your pick.

No. My case is Beerus is a galaxy buster at max. Which once again you have yet to disprove, try again.

Since you don't want to clarify what you were talking about, nor elaborate so I can explain the examples you were thinking of, there's no reason to continue this point.

I couldn't have said it any simpler. "credible Viners all agree that they are at said level due to numerous statements that were used to flesh out their character". No need to elaborate on a point you'd just try to nit pick honestly. All you need to know is that the double standards should honestly stop at this point when it comes to DBZ.

That's more than 50 percent of his power, by his own admission. Twice that is not even a billionth of galaxy level

Yet you still continue to ignore the fact that Whis stated he was a galaxy buster at 100% and even alludes to the fact that he's had to rewind time in the past to fix it. If you can't prove Whis is not to be taken as a credible source then this debate is pointless considering you have no leg to stand on, something you probably knew going in.

If you paid more attention, you can see that I am reading and replying accordingly.

if you were reading my case you'd see that I'm right on this and wouldn't continue to drag this out further......yet here we are.

It's a good thing you're not trying to be hostile. Because you're making the same argument used against the cell statement. Cell's statement was not "I'm going to destroy the solar system". It was "I have gathered enough ki to blow away the entire solar system". Either of which is very much a hyperbole for a series of planet buster, considering he'll also need to destroy the star.

I'm well aware of what the statement actually was. Now please explain why the statement was valid. Please explain how your going to ignore the writer of the series since you know more than the creator apparently and can gauge his characters in the opposite direction of what was intended.

All the showings in the manga put bills at multi star level, making galaxy level hype at best.

Hype has nothing to do with this. It's a credible statement from a valid source, and a source that has no reason to lie at that.

...how is that a bait again? Since you already said you're keeping the debate focused, you can ignore the obvious derail attempts by some users and answer the simple yes or no question.

You know very well why it's bait. Switch the example character.

All the stars of a galaxy. The galactic core. Or galaxy spanning battle. Significant damage. Something that even remotely matters to a galaxy. not just a star or two.

Hey have you heard of this thing called Ki control............again DBZ warriors don't fight like that, at least not yet. Either you accept what the author has written in/supervised as fact or you don't and admit you don't consider the writer the ultimate authority on the subject at hand. Either way your answer can end this whole thing in the next reply.

By all means, tear away. What I am saying is thanos actually has several showings of taking hits from explicitly galaxy+ characters, but they're dismissed as they're outlying.

Dismissed for what reason? Again Thanos taking hits from galaxy level characters simply means he wasn't attacked with that level of output. Otherwise he'd be dead.

Yet you're worried about dbz underestimation because utterly unbacked hype is being disregarded.

Only thing I''m worried about is the horrible double standards you seem to be employing when it comes to DBZ. You can disregard unbacked hype all day, heck I'll join you on that lol. Just too bad that's not the case in this situation.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

"That's nice. Now tie that into the Gods and more specifically Whis himself. Please give examples as to why I shouldn't trust Whis word in regards to his own student."

Elaborate.

"No. My case is Beerus is a galaxy buster at max. Which once again you have yet to disprove, try again."

It's your case, which you have to prove. Not I have to disprove. The proof required is bills blowing up a galaxy, like buu blowing up the earth.

"I couldn't have said it any simpler. "credible Viners all agree that they are at said level due to numerous statements that were used to flesh out their character". No need to elaborate on a point you'd just try to nit pick honestly. All you need to know is that the double standards should honestly stop at this point when it comes to DBZ."

I have no idea who you classify 'credible viners'. I have no idea were involved. There's no way to check on where or what they agreed on. You're being extremely vague here, to the point it's not even an argument.

"Hype has nothing to do with this. It's a credible statement from a valid source, and a source that has no reason to lie at that."

What credible source again? Whis doesn't hasn't shown anything putting him on a billionth of galaxy level. How is he a valid source?

"Yet you still continue to ignore the fact that Whis stated he was a galaxy buster at 100% and even alludes to the fact that he's had to rewind time in the past to fix it. If you can't prove Whis is not to be taken as a credible source then this debate is pointless considering you have no leg to stand on, something you probably knew going in."

...You're confused between two instances here. He rewinded time to stop bills from destroying two stars.

"I'm well aware of what the statement actually was."

If you say so.

"Now please explain why the statement was valid."

Because it was confirmed by the guidebook.

"Please explain how your going to ignore the writer of the series since you know more than the creator apparently and can gauge his characters in the opposite direction of what was intended."

Very salty. Moving on.

"You know very well why it's bait. Switch the example character."

Unless you are going to start flaming at the mention of superman, it's not a bait. You're avoiding a very simple question here.

"Dismissed for what reason? Again Thanos taking hits from galaxy level characters simply means he wasn't attacked with that level of output. Otherwise he'd be dead."

So you're fine characters with actual showings of repeatedly taking hits from multigalaxy level opponents not having galaxy level durability, but you have a problem when a statement with a grand total zero showings to back a billionth of the stated level it is not accepted. If there are double standards, they're clearly heavily favoring dbz.

"Hey have you heard of this thing called Ki control............again DBZ warriors don't fight like that, at least not yet. Either you accept what the author has written in/supervised as fact or you don't and admit you don't consider the writer the ultimate authority on the subject at hand. Either way your answer can end this whole thing in the next reply."

Either you accept their showings, the only valid basis, or you accept character statements even when they're utterly baseless in regards to showings - just to be clear, that goes for all the series: omnipotent sentry, casual universe busting madara, omnipotent koro, planet busting whitebeard and so on.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yubel with prep.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By micah007123

@princearagorn1 said:

@micah:

Elaborate.

If you can't give me reason to not trust Whis word using evidence specifically with him to discredit his word then you've lost this debate. This whole thing is about this one point. I will listen to what you have to say, but you have to give reason as to why I shouldn't trust a credible source.

It's your case, which you have to prove. Not I have to disprove. The proof required is bills blowing up a galaxy, like buu blowing up the earth.

I have proved my case time and time again. Others even agreed with me once they found out the statement was said. Feats are not the only method of proof, I gave you a statement from a credible source which should work just fine.

I have no idea who you classify 'credible viners'. I have no idea were involved. There's no way to check on where or what they agreed on. You're being extremely vague here, to the point it's not even an argument.

This point was never an argument to begin with. I simply stated I've seen 'credible viners' or you could say alumni members accept statements such as the one Whis stated about Beerus as valid evidence when it comes to numerous other characters.

What credible source again? Whis doesn't hasn't shown anything putting him on a billionth of galaxy level. How is he a valid source?

My goodness man he's his teacher. He's trained him for thousands of years and has assisted in keeping the cycle of rebirth and destruction. Whis even displays his time manipulation at the end of the movie and earlier alludes to having to manipulate time to stop Beerus from committing galactic destruction on a daily basis. Akira himself even compares Beerus to a Supernova, Black Hole, Galaxy's dying, ect. The burden of proof is on your end to prove why I shouldn't trust Whis word.

...You're confused between two instances here. He rewinded time to stop bills from destroying two stars.

That was one instance correct. The other was on the subject of a galaxy.

Because it was confirmed by the guidebook.

I meant invalid actually. Still putting the guidebook aside why should we discount Cell's statement?

shou

Very salty. Moving on.

Please don't cop out. Salt is the last thing on my mind.

Unless you are going to start flaming at the mention of superman, it's not a bait. You're avoiding a very simple question here.

It's not me i'm worried about it's others.

So you're fine characters with actual showings of repeatedly taking hits from multigalaxy level opponents not having galaxy level durability, but you have a problem when a statement with a grand total zero showings to back a billionth of the stated level it is not accepted. If there are double standards, they're clearly heavily favoring dbz.

How many times must I say it. All that means is Thanos wasn't attacked with that level of output, and the same goes for DBZ. Had Beerus attacked Goku with his galaxy level output the Saiyan would have died nigh instantly. Your problem is that you believe Whis needs to go around killing galaxies before he can be taken as a credible source. Yet on the flip side you haven't proven why we should ignore his word. If you can't prove why he shouldn't be taken as a credible source then your just dragging this out. So far every other statement/explanation from Whis has been valid so why should we discount this one. Whis practically states he's capable of reacting and blitzing someone before a synapses could reach their brain telling them to react to him, and demonstrated this by blitzing the hell out of Goku and Vegeta. And this is just one example, yet you want me to ignore his input why?

Either you accept their showings, the only valid basis, or you accept character statements even when they're utterly baseless in regards to showings

And if your of the latter it's now time for you to tell me why I shouldn't trust Whis word. Don't bring up characters from other franchises, don't bring in other examples, just focus on Whis and tell me why I shouldn't trust his word when so far he's proven to be a very credible source and most of all has no reason to lie about his and his students capabilities. Case in point he states early on he can rewind time, and then later proves it. By your logic if Akira didn't have him show such an ability at the end of the film he would be a liar, and everything Akira stated/supervised would be null and void -_-

- just to be clear, that goes for all the series: omnipotent sentry, casual universe busting madara, omnipotent koro, planet busting whitebeard and so on.

And yet all those instances actually have proof to discredit the source. Not the case here.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Naruto

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: when did Whis state that Beerus can destroy a Galaxy? are you talking about the English dub? because that's a miss translation, in the original Japanese dub whis says Solar system

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart: In 'Resurrection of F' it was stated as I've been told and have checked with multiple sources to have it confirmed. It apparently was stated in the movie, but in the Director's Cut.

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@le0nhart: In 'Resurrection of F' it was stated as I've been told and have checked with multiple sources to have it confirmed. It apparently was stated in the movie, but in the Director's Cut.

i see, how legit is that information? and does he say "can" or "did"

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By micah007123

@le0nhart said:
@micah said:

i see, how legit is that information? and does he say "can" or "did"

Everyone I asked said it happened in the director's cut if that truly was the version that was broadcast in the states ahead of time. Whis apparently calmed Goku and Vegeta's nerves about fighting on Earth at full power and states he turned back time in the past when Beerus did/or in case he did blow up a galaxy one of my sources says the word galaxy was used but couldn't make out whether can or did was said. Whis then goes on to state an act of destruction on that level would exhaust Beerus to the point that he'd have to go to sleep for a long time, thus heavily implying that he did in fact destroy galaxies in the past.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

1.It's your case that bills is galaxy level. You're giving a statement and asking me to disprove it - it's your statement, you have to prove it first.

2. Why is whis credible source on galaxy level? He's himself star-multi star level, even that by scaling.

"This point was never an argument to begin with. I simply stated I've seen 'credible viners' or you could say alumni members accept statements such as the one Whis stated about Beerus as valid evidence when it comes to numerous other characters."

You're refusing to say which statements, which viners, where they accepted it, or anything. How is that even a point without literally any details?

"My goodness man he's his teacher. He's trained him for thousands of years and has assisted in keeping the cycle of rebirth and destruction."

...Good for him. Question is what qualifies his statement on galaxy level.

"Whis even displays his time manipulation at the end of the movie and earlier alludes to having to manipulate time to stop Beerus from committing galactic destruction on a daily basis."

I have to ask for screen shots, or some sort of proof here. Because you seem to be mixing up two instances here, and forming a very inaccurate mess.

1. Whis rewinded time to restore two suns at bills temple.

2. Away from bills temple, say, in a random galaxy whis has no reason to undo bills doing what is his job description.

3. I am skeptical if the dialogue was even present in the movie. So I have to ask for your source.

But if he actually does say that he rewinded time to undo destruction of a galaxy, I am fine with accepting that.

"Akira himself even compares Beerus to a Supernova, Black Hole, Galaxy's dying, ect."

...considering how far apart the things you mentioned are, it looks like another 'million exploding suns' instance.

"The burden of proof is on your end to prove why I shouldn't trust Whis word."

The other way around. You need whis's word to stand in order to support your case. As far as I see, whis claiming galaxy level is equivalent to madara claiming universe level. Or cell claiming solar system level, if the guidebook wasn't present. Or white beard claiming planet level. In order to prove any such statement, you need showings even close to the hype.

"Please don't cop out. Salt is the last thing on my mind."

Surprising, considering salt is the only thing present in that statement. And speaking if cop outs:

"It's not me i'm worried about it's others."

No one jumped at me for mentioning superman.

"How many times must I say it. All that means is Thanos wasn't attacked with that level of output, and the same goes for DBZ. Had Beerus attacked Goku with his galaxy level output the Saiyan would have died nigh instantly. "

You don't have to repeat, just grasping the point is enough - even with actual showings thanos is not portrayed at the level you're trying to put bills on - with no showings at all. Settling the double standard issue.

"Your problem is that you believe Whis needs to go around killing galaxies before he can be taken as a credible source. Yet on the flip side you haven't proven why we should ignore his word. If you can't prove why he shouldn't be taken as a credible source then your just dragging this out."

...it's not my task to disprove whatever you say. You bring up a source, it's up to you to show it's valid. The flip side doesn't even matter - my stand doesn't have any relevance to the hype at all, since I am going by showings directly.

"So far every other statement/explanation from Whis has been valid so why should we discount this one. Whis practically states he's capable of reacting and blitzing someone before a synapses could reach their brain telling them to react to him, and demonstrated this by blitzing the hell out of Goku and Vegeta. And this is just one example, yet you want me to ignore his input why?

...Do you not see that you just gave a statement backed by a showing, and I'm fine with accepting that? Post any panel from the manga, bog or rof that shows a hundredth of galaxy level. Heck, show a billionth for a start.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By micah007123

@princearagorn1 said:

@micah:

1.It's your case that bills is galaxy level. You're giving a statement and asking me to disprove it - it's your statement, you have to prove it first.

The statement was already proved. It came from a credible source and as such I'm inclined to believe it. It's now up to you to provide me with necessary reason not to for the umpteenth time.

2. Why is whis credible source on galaxy level? He's himself star-multi star level, even that by scaling.

I keep saying why he's a credible source. Your mistake is that you falsely believe Whis needs to be galaxy level himself for his statement on something he's witnessed to be credible. Faulty logic like that is the reason the Battle Forums are so toxic since people stubbornly hold onto their skewed views and made up rules.

You're refusing to say which statements, which viners, where they accepted it, or anything. How is that even a point without literally any details?

I told you what statements. Right as I said statements similar to what Whis said about Beerus, in other-words a credible source making a claim about another character. Case in point if Superman says this guy is as fast as Flash is then everyone automatically accepts it, you probably would to. Please drop the double standards.

...Good for him. Question is what qualifies his statement on galaxy level.

Because Whis is a credible source, unless proven otherwise.

I have to ask for screen shots, or some sort of proof here. Because you seem to be mixing up two instances here, and forming a very inaccurate mess.

The ones making an inaccurate mess are the people who hold double standards when it comes to certain characters. And even when other commentators have said that the statement was said still refuse to believe it and attempting to make an argument out of nothing.....such as you. If you can't prove why I shouldn't believe Whis statement then this debate has been for nothing at this length. I can't give you scans as I don't have access to the movie (I made this clear earlier).

1. Whis rewinded time to restore two suns at bills temple.

Yes as it's been established this is one instance that happened.

2. Away from bills temple, say, in a random galaxy whis has no reason to undo bills doing what is his job description.

They are the Gods of Destruction.......not the Gods of Unnecessary Destruction. This was made clear in the movie since they have to keep the order between creation and destruction. Using common sense the order would not be upheld if Beerus is killing Galaxies and wiping out solar systems every time he gets angry or accidentally does so.

3. I am skeptical if the dialogue was even present in the movie. So I have to ask for your source.

Several posters during the course of this argument even said they found that the statement was said. @overwarrior even told you and others that is was present. What more are you looking for?

...considering how far apart the things you mentioned are, it looks like another 'million exploding suns' instance.

How far apart they are isn't the focus. The focus is that 'galactic destruction' was clearly name dropped lol.

The other way around.

Not it's not.

You need whis's word to stand in order to support your case.

I realize this. Good thing it does stand as so far you have yet to give me a reason as to why it shouldn't stand.

As far as I see, whis claiming galaxy level is equivalent to madara claiming universe level.

Stop comparing things that have nothing in common. Madara clearly has evidence you can use to disprove a claim of him being universal. So if you were arguing Madara wasn't universal then you could actually make a case unlike now. You have nothing to use against Whis to discredit his word other than you possible just refusing to believe DBZ is at that level.

Or cell claiming solar system level, if the guidebook wasn't present.

The guidebook shouldn't even be necessary. Akira has made it clear that statements such as those are legit in his series, so you would have no reason not to believe Cell's claim.

Or white beard claiming planet level.

Once again not related.

In order to prove any such statement, you need showings even close to the hype.

Again it's not hype at all. Your confusing two different things.

Surprising, considering salt is the only thing present in that statement. And speaking if cop outs:

I'm gonna ask you to stop with the salt accusations. Your assuming I care enough about these fictional characters that an opposing opinion is enough to make me angry. Which is simply not the case.

No one jumped at me for mentioning superman.

Yep. But for me I don't feel comfortable enough to say so. Switch characters and I'll give you an answer.

You don't have to repeat, just grasping the point is enough - even with actual showings thanos is not portrayed at the level you're trying to put bills on - with no showings at all. Settling the double standard issue.

You have to be dense. I grasped your "point" from your first statement on the subject matter. Thanos has nothing to do with Beerus. How has he helped your case?

...it's not my task to disprove whatever you say. You bring up a source, it's up to you to show it's valid. The flip side doesn't even matter - my stand doesn't have any relevance to the hype at all, since I am going by showings directly.

You need to prove why we shouldn't believe what Whis has told us.

...Do you not see that you just gave a statement backed by a showing, and I'm fine with accepting that? Post any panel from the manga, bog or rof that shows a hundredth of galaxy level. Heck, show a billionth for a start.

................I've been very patient with you. I've explained my side and have proven why Whis is a credible source and as such why we should believe his statement as we have no reason not to. The burden of proof for this whole argument has been waiting on you to provide a shred of reason for me to doubt Whis word. You actually want me to take your "empty" words over a character's dialogue written/supervised in the script by Akira himself and has nothing to contradict it. This argument has become bothersome for me so I'll give you one last chance to prove your case.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Novel Cars
Novel Cars

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People overestimate the absolute shit out of DBZ characters.

Bahumat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see anyone actually PROVING Beerus is a galaxy buster.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bahumat said:

I don't see anyone actually PROVING Beerus is a galaxy buster.

There is no proof, just statement. Beerus is multi-star level at max, not more. A galaxy is composed of billions of stars. Beerus hasn't showed a fraction of the power to destroy a galaxy

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By never give up

Zoom.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By 007619

@juzacloud said:

Let the dbz hate live! lol

Once again, when it comes to dbz people get scared and hate. Beerus is a galaxy buster. You don't like it? too bad. People hate that their favorite characters are easily being surpassed. And there is a new series coming to? lol

Couldn't have said it better. I haven't seen anyone prove why Whis statement wouldn't be credible in the first place. You ask for proof there you go, couldn't get any easier. It's not like destroying a galaxy for him is a casual act anyway. It takes everything he's got.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@micah:

"The statement was already proved."

Ah. Present the proof here then, problem solved.

"It came from a credible source and as such I'm inclined to believe it."

You haven't presented any credible source yet.

"It's now up to you to provide me with necessary reason not to for the umpteenth time."

You're the one bringing up whis, you need his credibility to be a fact. I don't.

"I keep saying why he's a credible source."

Oh, that solves everything. You saying it makes it a fact! Nope.

"Your mistake is that you falsely believe Whis needs to be galaxy level himself for his statement on something he's witnessed to be credible."

Not something he witnessed, something he thinks.

"Faulty logic like that is the reason the Battle Forums are so toxic since people stubbornly hold onto their skewed views and made up rules."

Pot. Kettle. Black.

"I told you what statements."

No. You didn't. What you said was:

"No you may not ask. What you think now I'm lying lol?"

Right as I said statements similar to what Whis said about Beerus, in other-words a credible source making a claim about another character.

The credibility is not present.

"Case in point if Superman says this guy is as fast as Flash is then everyone automatically accepts it, you probably would to."

And when bills said whis was stronger than him, everyone believed him. Because superman knows flash. Whis, a star buster by scaling, doesn't have the credibility to talk on galaxy level. New 52 Superman's statement handling exploding stars without an issue is disregarded for the same reason.

"Please drop the double standards."

Right back at you.

"The ones making an inaccurate mess are the people who hold double standards when it comes to certain characters."

...you, in this case.

"And even when other commentators have said that the statement was said still refuse to believe it and attempting to make an argument out of nothing.....such as you. I can't give you scans as I don't have access to the movie (I made this clear earlier)."

What other commentators? Overwarrior, who also said whis is like a thousand times stronger than bills? I saw the movie myself, and I don't remember this happening. Which may be attention lapse on my part, or director's cut only. So proof is required.

"Stop comparing things that have nothing in common."

Looks like I have to elaborate the connection. the thing in common is a claim by a supposedly credible source to be over billions of times stronger than the best showing in the manga.

"Madara clearly has evidence you can use to disprove a claim of him being universal. So if you were arguing Madara wasn't universal then you could actually make a case unlike now. You have nothing to use against Whis to discredit his word other than you possible just refusing to believe DBZ is at that level."

What evidence is that again?

"You have to be dense."

You have no right to call anyone dense after failing to see simple connections as above.

"I grasped your "point" from your first statement on the subject matter. Thanos has nothing to do with Beerus. How has he helped your case?"

If you are not dense, and actually grasped the point as you claimed, figuring it out is child's play. "................I've been very patient with you."

Likewise.

"I've explained my side and have proven why Whis is a credible source"

No. You haven't. Right now what you're using is a guy talking about things that are leagues and leagues beyond where he is by scaling.

"and as such why we should believe his statement as we have no reason not to. The burden of proof for this whole argument has been waiting on you to provide a shred of reason for me to doubt Whis word. You actually want me to take your "empty" words over a character's dialogue written/supervised in the script by Akira himself and has nothing to contradict it. This argument has become bothersome for me so I'll give you one last chance to prove your case."

'Bills is galaxy buster' is your case. Not mine. The burden of proof is on you. From the start, till the end. Your entire argument comes down to 'oh this guy who should be a star buster by scaling thinks he can perform several billion fold better, he must be right'. Garbage.

However, if your argument is the galaxy instance was explained same as the two stars instance - turning back time and all that, I accept that. But as far as I recall of the movie, no such dialogue was present. Looks like false info to me. So the only way out of this is to wait till you can actually post screen shots to back up what you're saying.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By micah007123

@princearagorn1 said:

@micah:

Ah. Present the proof here then, problem solved.

Proof has been present from the start. Waiting on you to disprove it since that's your whole MO.

You haven't presented any credible source yet.

Whis. Why wouldn't he be a credible source?

You're the one bringing up whis, you need his credibility to be a fact. I don't.

His credibility is fact. You need to prove why we shouldn't believe him, as typical of arguments that's how it usually goes.

Oh, that solves everything. You saying it makes it a fact! Nope.

Out of context but sure.

Not something he witnessed, something he thinks.

Even if it's something he thinks he would have had to witness it or destruction close to that in the first place to reassure Goku and Vegeta about the potential damage to earth that could be caused and fixed by him.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Still waiting on you to prove why I shouldn't take Whis word as fact.

"I told you what statements."

No. You didn't. What you said was:

"No you may not ask. What you think now I'm lying lol?"

If your going to quote do it right. What I said was before that, don't take things out of context.

The credibility is not present.

It was.

And when bills said whis was stronger than him, everyone believed him. Because superman knows flash. Whis, a star buster by scaling, doesn't have the credibility to talk on galaxy level. New 52 Superman's statement handling exploding stars without an issue is disregarded for the same reason.

And Whis knows Beerus. So why all of a sudden would a statement made concerning his pupil be disregarded as something other than fact when you have yet to present a reason as to why Whis wouldn't be a credible source. Using your logic that's like saying Batman doesn't have the credibility to say this guy could wipe out the universe since he's not on that level of power.

...you, in this case.

I made it pretty clear it would be you in this case.

What other commentators? Overwarrior, who also said whis is like a thousand times stronger than bills? I saw the movie myself, and I don't remember this happening. Which may be attention lapse on my part, or director's cut only. So proof is required.

Actually Whis very well could be that much stronger than Beerus but that's not the point. Point is you were told the statement was present in the directors cut. There is your proof right there.

Looks like I have to elaborate the connection. the thing in common is a claim by a supposedly credible source to be over billions of times stronger than the best showing in the manga.

Except that your examples lack credible sources as I've already said. But I'll elaborate below.

What evidence is that again?

That you might not know what your talking about.

You have no right to call anyone dense after failing to see simple connections as above.

I have every right after seeing your thought process though this whole thing. Especially in regards to your points above by attempting to tie in non-credible sources from Naruto, One Piece, ect.......the absolute opposite of what I'm talking about and asking for you to prove.

No. You haven't. Right now what you're using is a guy talking about things that are leagues and leagues beyond where he is by scaling.

So by your logic a character is not allowed to comment on something he's witnessed or something he's knowledgeable in if he's not on the same level of power? So Piccolo (who was vastly inferior in this instance) reading Cell's Ki output and stating said attack would destroy the planet is wrong? You see how your logic makes no sense right?

'Bills is galaxy buster' is your case. Not mine. The burden of proof is on you. From the start, till the end. Your entire argument comes down to 'oh this guy who should be a star buster by scaling thinks he can perform several billion fold better, he must be right' Garbage.

Correct. And I've been waiting on you to disprove my case from the proof I've provided from the get-go since you don't believe Beerus is a galaxy buster. Once again you would actually prefer me to accept your 'empty words' over a statement from a credible source. Once again your logic really makes no sense, you honestly believe an observation from a said character should be ignored if said character has no feats that put them on the same level as the subject? In your case I would be wrong if I stated this guy wipes out galaxies yet I myself am only a planet buster. Preposterous.

However, if your argument is the galaxy instance was explained same as the two stars instance - turning back time and all that, I accept that. But as far as I recall of the movie, no such dialogue was present. Looks like false info to me. So the only way out of this is to wait till you can actually post screen shots to back up what you're saying.

I told you I don't have the access to the movie. But I did check with multiple sources (not all on the Vine) and I was reassured that the statement was present in the directors cut and as such the situation your describing was present in the way it was explained, aka. turning back time to fix the destruction in case it was caused in this instance since Beerus has caused damage like that in the past. I've said this multiple times yet for some reason you choose to ignore the things I'm saying and now you accuse it of being false info.......even when I've specifically said multiple sources (people who have seen the movie) have confirmed it did in fact take place.

Anyways let's agree to disagree. I can see I won't be changing your mind on the subject matter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again people the statement was in fact said. Whis not only stated he could just turn back time to fix destruction on that level but also even said what would happen to Beerus if he used power on that level. Case in point he would have to go to sleep since destroying a galaxy would require every ounce of his power. He's galaxy level at max and that's were he stops, end of story lol.

JohnnyEli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing all the high intelects or very powerful could beat him so here goes with my small list :-P .

With prep: Dr Doom, Thanos, Reed Richards, Batman, Darkseid

With strength: World War Hulk, Darkseid, Superman Prime, Trion Juggernaut, Doomsday

Avatar image for deactivated-625127ebf2404
deactivated-625127ebf2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyeli: Bills has casually destroyed planets

He is stronger than WWhulk, Juggernat, Darkseid and Doomsday

No Caption Provided

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

GrayWolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By GrayWolf2

Every time this character is shown he does something ridiculous. First movie: flies through and destroys a bunch of planets. Second movie: busts several suns and I've heard sneezes a planet away. Potentially true galaxy level talk. If he gets an episode or two in the new series who knows what crazy feats he'll do next. He has a limit but what that will be confirmed to be I have no idea. For this, thanos seems like a good answer...for now.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: you know what, i've never seen a scan of odin destroying a galaxy...could you post some ?