#1 Posted by KingOfAsh (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than The One Above All, of course. HOTU Thanos is above even The Living Tribunal and absorbed him, Eternity another abstract and an entire Universe. Well?

#2 Edited by GhostRider2 (3370 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer Morningstar.

#3 Posted by alternative_backup (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Synnar the Demiurge.

#4 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

From Marvel? The One Above All, Pre Retcon Beyonder, Pre Retcon Molecule Man and maybe Protégé.

#5 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2 said:

Lucifer Morningstar.

no, and please, spare us the "lucifer convinces thanos to kill himself" argument, no offense intended it's just that i see you use it very often.

@alternative_backup said:

Probably Synnar the Demiurge.

im curious, why'd you mention synnar and not mention his creator who gave him his power? because synnar is not even on LT's level, his creator most likely is and probably above.

#6 Posted by GhostRider2 (3370 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: why not?Enlighten me and i never said that, wrong person dude.LOL.I said Lucifer can manipulate/trick.

#7 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobady, the only people that have a chance are pre retcon beyonder , possibly solar, the presence, and maybe man of miracles.

#8 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone Omnipotent. If I wanted pull something completely out of nothing for the sake of argument, I could use Nicol Bolas pre-Mending I guess. But yeah, anyone with legit omnipotence would beat HotU Thanos.

PS- For reference, I don't think Bolas could win, but I can always make stupid arguments until the other side gives up =P

#9 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobady, the only people that have a chance are pre retcon beyonder , possibly solar, the presence, and maybe man of miracles.

Man of Miracles = Presence = Living Tribunal. They're all the same. The Gods in their respective universes. And Thanos with HOTU stands above them, which is obviously stupid, but whatever. As I said it: TOAA, Pre Retcon Beyonder, Pre Retcon Molecule Man and maaaybe Protégé are probably the only ones who defeat him.

#10 Posted by Harrup (93 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor.

Always bet on the Doctor.

#11 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

@moonman78 said:

Man of Miracles = Presence = Living Tribunal. They're all the same. The Gods in their respective universes. And Thanos with HOTU stands above them, which is obviously stupid, but whatever. As I said it: TOAA, Pre Retcon Beyonder, Pre Retcon Molecule Man and maaaybe Protégé are probably the only ones who defeat him.

Presence = TOAA = MoM = PR Beyonder > LT is my understanding. not certain of MoM 100%

#12 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

@moonman78 said:

Presence = TOAA = MoM = PR Beyonder > LT is my understanding. not certain of MoM 100%

That is simply not true. Living Tribunal is typically the most powerful regular character in the Marvel universe. Protégé has the ability to defeat him and did that already, but Protégé is a one-tricky-pony. Living Tribunal, Presence and Man Of Miracles all have the God-Status in their respective universes. PR Beyonder and PR Molecule Man were above them in their prime, simply because they were able to overpower Living Tribunal without even trying.

But The One Above All is so much more than all of these guys. TOAA is considered to be the writer of these stories. TOAA is who writes the comics and is in the comics as a character. Presence himself stated that there are forces which are even above him and he was referring to the writers. DC comics don't really have something like that, but Marvel does and with TOAA they have the most powerful fictional character ever, because he can change the stories as he wants to do it, since it's the writer. And the writer is the one who came up with Thanos, the Heart of the Universe and all the other Marvel characters.

#13 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

@dratini1331 said:

@chibio said:

@moonman78 said:

That is simply not true. Living Tribunal is typically the most powerful regular character in the Marvel universe. Protégé has the ability to defeat him and did that already, but Protégé is a one-tricky-pony. Living Tribunal, Presence and Man Of Miracles all have the God-Status in their respective universes. PR Beyonder and PR Molecule Man were above them in their prime, simply because they were able to overpower Living Tribunal without even trying.

But The One Above All is so much more than all of these guys. TOAA is considered to be the writer of these stories. TOAA is who writes the comics and is in the comics as a character. Presence himself stated that there are forces which are even above him and he was referring to the writers. DC comics don't really have something like that, but Marvel does and with TOAA they have the most powerful fictional character ever, because he can change the stories as he wants to do it, since it's the writer. And the writer is the one who came up with Thanos, the Heart of the Universe and all the other Marvel characters.

First, that's not the most powerful fictional character. As a matter of fact, there are several times when the same scenario occurs, it's something people do as a way of putting themselves into their own fantasy. It's also absurd to say that because they serve the same role that they are equivocal in power or anything at all.

They also don't serve the same role. The LT serves as a judge and active party for TOAA, while others serve this role for the Presence. The presence acts as the totally omnipotent being of the DC universe, and is in the same position as TOAA. It's one thing to say TOAA > Presence which is soemthing you can debate for, but it's just silly to say LT = Presence. The Presence is the creator of the DC universe. LT is below his pay grade.

#14 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

First, that's not the most powerful fictional character. As a matter of fact, there are several times when the same scenario occurs, it's something people do as a way of putting themselves into their own fantasy. It's also absurd to say that because they serve the same role that they are equivocal in power or anything at all.

They also don't serve the same role. The LT serves as a judge and active party for TOAA, while others serve this role for the Presence. The presence acts as the totally omnipotent being of the DC universe, and is in the same position as TOAA. It's one thing to say TOAA > Presence which is soemthing you can debate for, but it's just silly to say LT = Presence. The Presence is the creator of the DC universe. LT is below his pay grade.

People putting themselves into their own fantasy does not have as much weight as being the character who stands above over 60 years of deep and rich comic book history.

Presence also said that there are forces above him. He acknowledges that there is an actual puppetmaster. For Marvel Comics that puppetmaster is The One Above All and the Living Tribunal is his number 1 puppet, which stands above the entire Marvel Universe, while the Presence stands above the entire DC universe. But this now is obviously only my point of view. I'm not telling you that it's a straight fact and that you have to accept it. And just like that you won't be able to convince me that Presence stands above Living Tribunal, so further discussing it doesn't make much sense. But I do agree with you that it's a very debatable topic, since it's quite tricky.

#15 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2 said:

@rolldestroyer: why not?Enlighten me and i never said that, wrong person dude.LOL.I said Lucifer can manipulate/trick.

Which is the same thing, let's not split hairs. And considering you admitted it yourself in your own post, i think i have the right guy

and please, do not take this as some sort of offense (which i pointed already)

lucifer himself has been tricked before, that's why. He has also low showings, while thanos has none (except not being able to repair the flaw, which isn't much of a low showing as much as it is for plot reasons), not to mention that thanos has basically nigh-omniscience, so this argument can't be used. Lucifer doesn't have the power to stop him nor can he trick him.

#16 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Only guys like TOAA and the Presence etc (Plus guys like Bugs Bunny and Chuck Norris LOL!).

Apart from those guys and other (true) omnipotents no one else can.

@harrup said:

The Doctor.

Always bet on the Doctor.

No! just no!

#17 Posted by gav (903 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAA, Presence, MoM, Beyonder

#18 Posted by Juiceboks (9745 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaos King Herc. Anyone Multiversal should be able to take him down really.

#19 Edited by NeonGameWave (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by NeonGameWave (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: Why can`t Elder God Demonbane defeat Thanos? It would be an awesome fight and a hard one but Thanos wasn`t omnipotent he was nigh omnipotent, Elder God Demonbane at full power should be able to defeat him.

#22 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

LT is multiversal isn't he? and he lost.

#23 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

@jackknight: Why can`t Elder God Demonbane defeat Thanos? It would be an awesome fight and a hard one but Thanos wasn`t omnipotent he was nigh omnipotent, Elder God Demonbane at full power should be able to defeat him.

The HOTU gives who ever is using it (well all of it) on par with TOAA, latterly the wielder is God! the Lovecraft beings that Elder God Demonbane defeated weren't as powerful compered to the original versions and they would also loose to Thanos with HOTU..

I know Demonbane is awesomely powerful but he is still not quite up there with someone like TOAA and if you can beat who ever is using the HOTU well your pretty much on par with TOAA.

#24 Edited by WHAT_DiiCK (195 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: The brothers [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IfbwVsG.jpg[/IMG]

#25 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Miracles,Pre Retcon Beyonder,and AVGN

#26 Posted by Pop123 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

My Mom :)

#27 Posted by Juiceboks (9745 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

He is, but I was thinking more along the lines of people who's feats rival Thanos'. Pre retcon Beyonder and Chaos King Herc since he recreated 98% of the Multiverse.

#28 Posted by reikai (4327 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless they are the Avatar of TOAA (which is what the HotU made Thanos), like Tenchi Masaki, or TOAA level, then there is no beating HotU Thanos. You can either tie out, like with Tenchi, or you fail miserably because you're not on his level. It's that simple.

#29 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1786 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman....... cause he is BATMAN!!!!

or spectre

Maybe spawn or galactus, idk actually

#30 Edited by GhostRider2 (3370 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: none taken man, relax.But Lucifer still tricks him, the guy is >Living Tribunal, he can trick anyone if he can't win otherwise but i find that hard to believe.Morningstar can handle almost anyone, the only ones he can't handle are toaa and presence.

#31 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Rod, The Triglav

#32 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

@juiceboks said:

He is, but I was thinking more along the lines of people who's feats rival Thanos'. Pre retcon Beyonder and Chaos King Herc since he recreated 98% of the Multiverse.

Ah, gotcha! Yea, that could do it then.

#33 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Unless they are the Avatar of TOAA (which is what the HotU made Thanos), like Tenchi Masaki, or TOAA level, then there is no beating HotU Thanos. You can either tie out, like with Tenchi, or you fail miserably because you're not on his level. It's that simple.

Batman....... cause he is BATMAN!!!!

or spectre

Maybe spawn or galactus, idk actually

#34 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

HOTU being on par with TOAA is one of the most retarded things implemented in comics ever.

#35 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Elder God Demonbane, actually.

Considering all of the other Elder Gods that it beat were sort of like the LT and Azazoth is still above it, it's essentially tied with Thanos HOTU.

#36 Posted by NeonGameWave (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

The HOTU gives who ever is using it (well all of it) on par with TOAA, latterly the wielder is God! the Lovecraft beings that Elder God Demonbane defeated weren't as powerful compered to the original versions and they would also loose to Thanos with HOTU..

I know Demonbane is awesomely powerful but he is still not quite up there with someone like TOAA and if you can beat who ever is using the HOTU well your pretty much on par with TOAA.

Not true. Its a fraction or element of the TOAA`s power and Thanos did not become omnipotent it only granted him nigh omnipotence as well as power over the Marvel Universe and even if that`s true, the versions Elder God Demonbane battled were quite close to their original interpretations.

HOTU doesn not = TOAA. Its only a factional representation of his power over the Marvel Universe it doesn`t grant the user omnipotence, Thanos couldn`t even heal a single universal flaw although many argue or could argue because it was for plot purposes however it was confirmed throughout the story, Elder God Demonbane>Living Tribunal and Elder God Demonbane is a omniversal power at max.

#37 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

@neongamewave said:

Not true. Its a fraction or element of the TOAA`s power and Thanos did not become omnipotent it only granted him nigh omnipotence as well as power over the Marvel Universe and even if that`s true, the versions Elder God Demonbane battled were quite close to their original interpretations.

HOTU doesn not = TOAA. Its only a factional representation of his power over the Marvel Universe it doesn`t grant the user omnipotence, Thanos couldn`t even heal a single universal flaw although many argue or could argue because it was for plot purposes however it was confirmed throughout the story, Elder God Demonbane>Living Tribunal and Elder God Demonbane is a omniversal power at max.

Actually the HOTU is = TOAA (orthough TOAA is still abit more powerful), the HOTU pretty much has all of TOAA's powers and TOAA is the only character in Marvel that can defeat anyone with it (hell I don't think even Pre-Retcon Beyonder can defeat anyone with it).

And it doesn't matter is Elder God Demonbane the lovecraft beings fro his verse because even they to (expect for the original Azathoth) would also get stomped by Thanos with the HOTU.

As I (and @reikai) said only guys like TOAA and the Presence can beat Thanos (and any other guy) with the HOTU, anyone under them is f**ked.

#38 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by whacknasty (5623 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Nix Uotan? : /

Not really.. He may be similar in role to LT but not in power levels.

#42 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Question... Hypothetical... If Lucifer had the Demiurgic powers, does that make him somehow equal to the Presence just as someone who has HOTU is almost equal to TOAA?

#43 Posted by whacknasty (5623 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Ah, ok, that makes sense. Well I'm all out of guesses then lol.

#44 Posted by Jonez120 (4703 posts) - - Show Bio

Bugs Bunny and The Mask...... Other than ridiculous toon force users and actual creators (Presence & TOOA) there is no beating him. Well.....Maybe Saint of Killers could but im not getting into that......

#45 Posted by Chibi_cute (4561 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS, >>>>>>>> thanos with hotu IG GALACTUS , MARVEL DC ETC.

#46 Edited by ommnomnomnom (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@harrup: I reckon thanos would pimp slap the doctor.

#47 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight:

Incorrect.

Let's say LT=Court of Azazoth (not a stretch)

TOAA=PR Beyonder>Thanos w/HOTU>>>>LT

Azazoth=n/a>Elder God Demonbane w/Shining Is. >>>>Court of Azazoth

There were various limits to Thanos W/HOTU's power; he wasn't in the time-space continuum as Adam Warlock was outside of it, and Death was in another 'verse so he couldn't touch her.

EG Demonbane's only limit is that it can't kill Azazoth, which is the TOAA of its universe. Other than that, it is fully omniversal.

Thus, EG Demonbane beats Thanos w/HOTU

#48 Posted by XxGin (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

"It's that simple"

Wow you again trying to promote anime here on the Vine teh

Tenchi Masaki is said to be omnipotent there is no hard evidence to prove that he is and he does not have the feats to compete with a being like Solar.

Lucifer can trick him.

I bet Tenchi can barely beat the Living Tribunal he can there are no proof that he can beat Thanos with HOTU.

#49 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn

#50 Posted by hyperbeing (382 posts) - - Show Bio

the hotu is said to give one the power of the oaa. only those who can match the oaa is power can match thanos in power. so to beat thanos you need to be a little stronger then the oaa.i believe to beat this thanos in a direct fight a team up is required.oaa combined with the presence alone should have the power to beat thanos