Who Are the Worst Jobbers in DC/Marvel History?

• 151 results
OCKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

That isn't a team buster. Not even remotely close.

He's strong...but weaker than most of the big teams established bricks, he's durable...but not durable enough to go extended rounds with a Class 100, he has no defense against TP, no way to deal with Flyers, only has average intelligence, etc.

He's only really a threat at all when he has someone like Doc Ock do his thinking for him.

No selling Spider-man hits isn't that impressive considering he's several weight classes over Spider-Man. Team Busting Bricks have to be able to No-Sell guys like Hulk, Colossus, and Thor. Rhino can't do that.

I appreciate your critique. I in fact went over a few of your concerns in my chats with @easternwind. Namely that the majority of the rosters in Marvel's teams are well below his strength class, that unlike the Juggernaut who emulates his attack style he lacks a mystical helmet to block TP. That like you said, he needs either a great h2h combatant and/or a genius intellectual to make him their personal pet project for at least a year or two. And while you're right that he isn't exactly the Mighty Thor on the squat rack, he is sufficiently strong enough, fast enough (by Spider-Man's admission), and durable enough to put many of the teammates on most Marvel team rosters in the infirmary or the graveyard.

That is of course, if he wasn't such a mental lightweight as you pointed out. Hence him needing a genius mentor's undivided attention and/or a dedicated sensei to give him a renewed purpose in life, thus making him an even more credible threat. But to be honest, he doesn't have to exactly no-sell blows from Thing, Colossus, etc.. to endure them and return the favor as well as he received and inflict some pain of his own.

I really don't understand why you compare Rhino to Juggernaut. Juggernaut is much stronger and impervious to physical Attacks. Rhino isn't anywhere near Marko's league...even without his helmet.

Juggernaut is a match for any of Marvel's Bricks....Rhino isn't. He would lose a majority to everyone Thing-level and higher. I can eve see a non-jobbing Rhino Losing to Luke Cage. You can't be a team Buster if you can't even handle the Team's Brick.

Spider-Man has only said Rhino is fast while charging. His actual combat speed is nowhere near as good.

Rhino is not even close to team buster. He doesn't live there....he doesn't vacation there. He'd have to take 2 planes and a bus to even get to the outskirts of Teambuster town.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Livewire. Anyone who says differently is wrong.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@shawnbaby:

I really don't understand why you compare Rhino to Juggernaut. Juggernaut is much stronger and impervious to physical Attacks. Rhino isn't anywhere near Marko's league...even without his helmet.

Juggernaut is a match for any of Marvel's Bricks....Rhino isn't. He would lose a majority to everyone Thing-level and higher. I can eve see a non-jobbing Rhino Losing to Luke Cage. You can't be a team Buster if you can't even handle the Team's Brick.

Spider-Man has only said Rhino is fast while charging. His actual combat speed is nowhere near as good.

Rhino is not even close to team buster. He doesn't live there....he doesn't vacation there. He'd have to take 2 planes and a bus to even get to the outskirts of Teambuster town.

1. You've got tunnel vision, mon ami. We agree that Marko's strength/durability exceeds the Rhino's. My comparison was simply of their fighting style that's virtually identical. I fully expect the Rhino to lose in a fistfight with the Juggernaut.
  2. Unlike Dragonball Z (where someone can just no-sell hits from anybody who is even 1 point below their power level) he may not be stronger than the Thing or Colossus (again, for example), but he hits hard enough and is close enough to these guys strength bracket to temporarily dizzy or even BFR those guys with his strongest strikes. I never said he could thumb wrestle with Despero or Thanos, just that all but the very strongest members of Team X would be hard pressed to not get knocked for a loop (even briefly) by this guy. Too bad he's so stupid... That's why I said that while he has impressive physicals, he really needs a superbrain to mentor him and/or artificially boost his IQ (the way Neron did to Blockbuster when he convinced BB to sell him his soul) OR a skilled fighter to give him some actual battle prowess to focus that strength and durability into a serious, perhaps even a Black Belt-level threat. Greater than he currently is, anyway.
  3. We don't agree on this, but it's okay. I've still got love for you, and I still think that a guy with Rhino's stats on paper could be a credible threat to whole teams of heroes if he (by himself or with the help of a mentor) got his act together. Hopefully you still respect me as a 'Viner as well!^-^
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

1. You've got tunnel vision, mon ami. We agree that Marko's strength/durability exceeds the Rhino's. My comparison was simply of their fighting style that's virtually identical. I fully expect the Rhino to lose in a fistfight with the Juggernaut.
  2. Unlike Dragonball Z (where someone can just no-sell hits from anybody who is even 1 point below their power level) he may not be stronger than the Thing or Colossus (again, for example), but he hits hard enough and is close enough to these guys strength bracket to temporarily dizzy or even BFR those guys with his strongest strikes. I never said he could thumb wrestle with Despero or Thanos, just that all but the very strongest members of Team X would be hard pressed to not get knocked for a loop (even briefly) by this guy. Too bad he's so stupid... That's why I said that while he has impressive physicals, he really needs a superbrain to mentor him and/or artificially boost his IQ (the way Neron did to Blockbuster when he convinced BB to sell him his soul) OR a skilled fighter to give him some actual battle prowess to focus that strength and durability into a serious, perhaps even a Black Belt-level threat. Greater than he currently is, anyway.
  3. We don't agree on this, but it's okay. I've still got love for you, and I still think that a guy with Rhino's stats on paper could be a credible threat to whole teams of heroes if he (by himself or with the help of a mentor) got his act together. Hopefully you still respect me as a 'Viner as well!^-^

Team Busters have to be able to take hits from the Strongest members of the Team as well as dealing with everything else the team brings to the Table. Rhino cannot do this....therefore he is no Team Buster. He's not a credible threat to any team because he can't even win majorities against their Bricks. People like Colossus, Thing, Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk..etc...any one of them would beat Rhino for a majority in a one versus one...even on his best day. Can he get some wins against them individually? Sure...but never a majority. And if he's going up against any one of them AND the rest of their team by himself...he's going to get stomped. It's not even debatable.

Rhino would need another major power upgrade before he could ever be considered a Team Buster. As far as "getting his act together" his appearance in Ends of The Earth was about as serious has he has ever been...and he still needed a plot device to go up against Thor. A plot device Doc Ock had to get for him. He doesn't have the wits to figure out something like that for himself.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

Team Busters have to be able to take hits from the Strongest members of the Team as well as dealing with everything else the team brings to the Table. Rhino cannot do this....therefore he is no Team Buster. He's not a credible threat to any team because he can't even win majorities against their Bricks. People like Colossus, Thing, Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk..etc...any one of them would beat Rhino for a majority in a one versus one...even on his best day. Can he get some wins against them individually? Sure...but never a majority. And if he's going up against any one of them AND the rest of their team by himself...he's going to get stomped. It's not even debatable.

Rhino would need another major power upgrade before he could ever be considered a Team Buster. As far as "getting his act together" his appearance in Ends of The Earth was about as serious has he has ever been...and he still needed a plot device to go up against Thor. A plot device Doc Ock had to get for him. He doesn't have the wits to figure out something like that for himself.

I'll need to read this storyarc. I hadn't heard this detail. The underlined points prove that we agree on my theory that he needs either intellectual and/or h2h guidance to improve his threat level. As far as the "teambuster" label, I'll concede the point to say this: We've seen the Juggernaut KO multiple members of Generation X like Emma Frost, Jubliee, Skin, Synch and others with a thunderclap from yards away. Rhino is strong enough to duplicate that feat against a team's less durable members or their glass cannons, citing just how much damage one created by Luke Cage did . And yes, upon further review unless he could score an early KO and/or a BFR of their "brick" character(s), he could potentially be overwhelmed due to his current IQ state and his primary attack method being that of a brute force-type of brawler. I shudder to think of what Batroc the Leaper (as an example) could do with Rhino's physical stats and durability...

I will thus place Rhino in his current state as someone who is leaning against the teambuster fence. Looking over it to see what he can do to climb over it and join those who comfortably reside there. And like I said earlier, I hope we still respect each other, despite not reaching the same outcome initially!;)

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Batroc could do nothing with Rhino...he lacks the agility to be a competent martial artist.

As far as getting overwhelmed is concerned...his IQ is the least of his worries. He can get overwhelmed by the other bricks because they have better Stats.

Once again...you're trying to put Rhino on the same level as Juggernaut. That's a fallacy. Rhino isn't remotely comparable to Cain...other than that they both use charge attacks. The difference in those charge attacks is that Juggernaut can not be stopped once he gets momentum. Rhino is not unstoppable. He doesn't have anywhere near the same strength or durability as Marko.

I've already stated that yes, he could take a few victories against some of the bricks I've mentioned previously...but he will always lose a majority to every single one of them. If he can't take a majority against the bricks solo...he can't bust the teams they are attached to...and if you can't Bust Teams...you can't be a Team Buster. Sorry, but Rhino isn't even remotely qualified as a team buster. He doesn't have limitless durability like Juggernaut...he doesn't have limitless strength like the Hulk. He's a low end Brick.... in the same category as She-Hulk (who also is not a Team Buster). That's as good as he gets. He's not leaning against the teambuster fence. He's not even in the same neighbourhood.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@shawnbaby:

For the record, I wasn't seeking to draw an equivalency with Rhino and the Juggernaut since we both continue to agree that Marko's stats exceed Rhino's across the board. I was simply equating their fighting styles and the fact that Rhino is strong enough to surpass Luke Cage's thunderclap results and/or closely match Juggernaut's t-clap that he used against Gen X. I was saying that he could use such a maneuver to dispatch the (physically) weaker members of Team X with such an attack and then try his luck against their heavy hitter(s). Preferably through a BFR via full powered uppercut. That said, I'll concede the teambuster point. My hypothesis near the end of my previous thread was essentially "what kind of havoc could someone like Batroc wreak if he had Rhino's powers". Plenty I'd imagine.

But remember, I was speaking about a genius level mentor to artificially boost his IQ and/or a fighter who made him a long term project. I'd agree that the first few weeks of training would show that Rhino has all the grace of a bull in a China Shop. But that wouldn't last long, and with the magic of comic book time (and a gifted writer), he could be made to be a formidable h2h combatant, instead of simply running into things.

We agree on a lot more than you may realize, @shawnbaby. Hopefully you get where I'm coming from with this most recent posting.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: I'm not sure what you think we agree on.

You seem to think that with a little bit of mentoring Rhino could be a credible Team Buster...I do not. He needs some serious power upgrades to be put on a Team Busting level.

I don't get where you are coming from at all. He could train with Batroc for a decade...he'd still never be a match for Hyperion, or Starbrand, or Captain Universe, or any of over a dozen other Avengers. If he can't beat these types of Characters individually....how is he ever going to handle the entire team?

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

I'm not sure what you think we agree on.

You seem to think that with a little bit of mentoring Rhino could be a credible Team Buster...I do not. He needs some serious power upgrades to be put on a Team Busting level.

I don't get where you are coming from at all. He could train with Batroc for a decade...he'd still never be a match for Hyperion, or Starbrand, or Captain Universe, or any of over a dozen other Avengers. If he can't beat these types of Characters individually....how is he ever going to handle the entire team?

I can help with this. The points of agreement between you and I are found within my previous post as well as your most current one. In no particular order, they are as follows:

1. I conceded to your point on classifying Rhino as a "teambuster".
  2. I stated that he could eliminate the physically less durable members of a team via thunderclap and that he'd have to go all out (preferably via BFR) to eliminate the threat that most teams "brick" characters represent. This possibility greatly lessens if said brick can simply fly back to the battlefield once he shakes off the cobwebs.
  3. I stated (after conceding your point) that having his IQ artificially boosted and/or having a skilled sensei train him nearly around the clock (something that he'd be able to do with relative ease due to his superhuman stamina and endurance), that there is no way that he'd come out on the other side of that crucible as a lesser threat than he is today. No, I think that such an upgrade in skills and/or IQ would greatly improve not only his offensive options, but the ability to finally be able to think his way out of a wet paper bag. That said...
  4. I agree with you that while someone like Taskmaster, Batroc, the Steel Serpent, etc.. could (if they made him a project) greatly improve his H2H combat skills over his current "hit it until it breaks" method, pitting him against "Hyperion, or Starbrand, or Captain Universe" would end badly for him if he couldn't sneak attack them first. These characters you've named (and a few that you didn't) possess the ability to at leastspeedblitz him faster than he could respond to, and thus be potentially overwhelmed. You asked " If he can't beat these types of Characters individually....how is he ever going to handle the entire team?" The answer is upon further review, he can not. While he is more than capable of (at least as far as his on paper stats are concerned) dispatching the less durable and slower than supersonic members of most Marvel teams, if he were somehow unable to remove the brick characters from the battlefield via BFR or KO them before they got their wits about them, he would indeed lose the confrontation.

Hence, my concession to your point of view.

My current point of view is that while Rhino may not possess the criteria you've outlined to be an established teambuster, he certainly has the raw materials that (in terms of his physical stats and durability) a dedicated villainous intellect and/or sensei could turn into a much more credible threat to all but the elite Class 100+ club members. Essentially, our conversation has shown me that with the proper guidance he should have anyone who wasn't hit by a gamma bomb, heir apparent to the throne of Asgard, or a Superman analogue (among others) crapping their pants at the thought of having to fight this guy. He could be so much more, especially if whatever "Ends of The Earth" upgrade(s) Doc Ock gave him are still at his disposal. It/They (the upgrade(s)) could simply be the beginning of his slow march to regaining his dignity, IMO.

Hopefully this thread shows just how much we see eye-to-eye on, and I thus invite you and your analytical mind to join us in this thread:

Hawkman & Angel VS S. Six & Wrecking Crew

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Experio

Occasionally powerhouses

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Superman. The World's Finest put almost nobody over. Terrible jobbers.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Ronan the Accuser was jobbing pretty hard until recently, Sandman jobs pretty hard, Hydro-Man, those are yo name a few

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet:

1. While you have conceded that Rhino is not a Team Buster...you still persist in saying thathe could be one with training. As far as that goes...we could not disagree more. Rhino, without a major power upgrade, will never be a Team Buster no matter how much training he gets. We don't have common ground here.
  2. The scenario you suggest is highly unlikely to ever play out exactly like that. What it would amount to is an extremely lucky break. He cannot count on that kind of luck. The More likely Scenario is while he is attempting to take down the less durable members...the Team's Brick will run up to him and BFR him the way you think he would attempt to BFR them. So on this we still disagree
  3. While an enhancement in intellect or skills would help him (As they would help any character)...they still would not make him a Team Buster.
  4. The only thing that matters is he is not now, and never will be, a Team Buster.

The ends of the Earth Upgrade consists of a Horn made from the Tooth of the Midgard Serpent. The upgrade only really affects Thor...and that's if Thor is standing on the Ground and lets Rhino Charge into him again. It only worked the first Time because The Avengers were dealing with The Sinister Six...and Doc Ock had prepped for them. If Rhino were in the same situation without The Sinister Six as Backup...he'd have never gotten close to Thor. And even if he did...He's still have had to deal with Red Hulk, A Prepped Spider-Man wearing armour he designed to take hits from Rhino, Iron Man, Spider-Woman, and Captain America. It wouldn't have ended well for him.

In short, while Rhino can be a valuable member of a Team...he himself is not so hot as a Solo Act.

Avatar image for injusticeforall
InjusticeForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos. HAHAHAAHAHA just kidding.

Darkseid and galactus should have a jobbing contest.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

Ahh.. I see where the discrepancy in our points of view are based on this, your most recent post. Let me fill in the gaps in the order of where you think we disagree:

• While you have conceded that Rhino is not a Team Buster...you still persist in saying thathe could be one with training.

That's not at all what I'm saying. I didn't say that with better training he'd be a teambuster, just that he'd become a much more credible threat than he currently is.

• The scenario you suggest is highly unlikely to ever play out exactly like that. What it would amount to is an extremely lucky break. He cannot count on that kind of luck. The More likely Scenario is while he is attempting to take down the less durable members...the Team's Brick will run up to him and BFR him the way you think he would attempt to BFR them. So on this we still disagree

Any battle between multiple opponents will indeed be one part attrition, and one part luck. Especially in a world where bullets bounce off of people's skin and lasers shoot from people's eyes. But I can't pretend that a man who can juggle armored cars wouldn't wreak havoc upon the assorted glass cannons populating the various teams within the Marvel universe, especially if he expanded his IQ and/or his skill sets. Even if he (as you mentioned) eventually gets blasted and BFR'ed by their team's brick. He isn't a teambuster after all!;)

• While an enhancement in intellect or skills would help him (As they would help any character)...they still would not make him a Team Buster.

Agreed. See the above posts for more details.

• In short, while Rhino can be a valuable member of a Team...he himself is not so hot as a Solo Act.

To date, this is also correct. The only way for him to remedy this IMO, is for him to get with someone who can help him improve himself. Hopefully, this clears up any confusion!:)

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach,

....Cuz we all know he's an omniversal who never shows his true potential!

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Easternwind

@heraldofganthet: maybe it would help if you told us which teams he could bust if he got the training?

I dont see him ever really busting the high tier teams. He has 3 Major issues

1. IQ
  2. Durability
  3. The Bricks

To expand, the Iq could maybe be fixed with a mentor, but he is not on the physical level of the bricks, like you admit. And even with the bricks gone, he doesnt have the durability to stand to many of the powers the teams have.

Lets look at 3 teams

Fantastic 4

Susan, could open a buble in her head, has the forcefield to block attacks.

Reed, has the durability to take a hit amd the smarts to BFR rhino , among other things.

Thing can stand to Rhino

Johnny has the speed to avoid him

Avengers

Thor,Ironman, Hulk,

I wont go there

Xmen

Varies by roster, I think he could take out some Xmen teams, but not most..

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jobberseid is called jobberseid for a reason

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@easternwind:

maybe it would help if you told us which teams he could bust if he got the training?

I dont see him ever really busting the high tier teams. He has 3 Major issues

1. IQ
  2. Durability
  3. The Bricks

To expand, the Iq could maybe be fixed with a mentor, but he is not on the physical level of the bricks, like you admit. And even with the bricks gone, he doesnt have the durability to stand to many of the powers the teams have.

Lets look at 3 teams

Fantastic 4

Susan, could open a buble in her head, has the forcefield to block attacks.

Reed, has the durability to take a hit amd the smarts to BFR rhino , among other things.

Thing can stand to Rhino

Johnny has the speed to avoid him

Avengers

Thor,Ironman, Hulk,

I wont go there

Xmen

Varies by roster, I think he could take out some Xmen teams, but not most..

All true. I in fact walked back my original assessment of Rhino as a teambuster to say that the extra training/artificial IQ boost would simply make him a more crediblethreat than he currently is. Case in point: While he would certainly have trouble in a protracted battle with the Elite Class 100+ club currently, he'd stand a better chance of dishing it out and taking it if he expanded his fighting style beyond his current "smash it repeatedly until it breaks" method. Bruce Lee never fought like that. So if Rhino got some dedicated h2h training, he'd make the "high tier bricks" at least work for the victory I'm sure they'd eventually get over him. This of course excludes those members of the "Elite Club" who could speedblitz him before he could react, or could BFR him to another continent or dimension the way Mjolnir can.

In terms of him doing major damage to certain teams, the FF would certainly be off limits for a couple of reasons:

• The reasons you've already stated for one. And two,
  • The "fragile" members of the team can either protect themselves with a force field or out maneuver him via aerial acrobatics. Then he'd have an angry Thing to deal with... Not good.

The Runaways, the Avengers, and even the X-Men have members that he (again, if he pulled his head out of his a$$ and had someone show him the ropes/boosted his brainpower) could critically injure or even kill if he got the chance. Those members without superhuman durability (or enough of it), those without healing factors, those without the ability to BFR, and those without TP or TK would be (or at least should be) scared out of their fcuking minds at the thought of trying to engage this guy. However, any/all of those underlined powersets would grind his rampage to an eventual halt, whether or not the team "big bricks" were called in to deal with him or not.

No, I conceded the point that Rhino is not a teambuster. But in my opinion, having to fight a guy that can run at over 100 mph, can bench press up to the maximum of the Class 100 boundary, can laugh off machine gun fire, and even resist an assortment of energy-based attacks (with the proper h2h combat training and/or a boost in either IQ or strategic thinking) should be one scary a$$ed opponent to all but those who possess the underlined power sets, the "Elite Club", and/or the speedblitzers. IMO...

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Shawnbaby

@heraldofganthet: The problem with your new position is that it is basically meaningless. You're saying now that Rhino would be a greater threat if he were smarter or more skilled....well...that applies to every single character. Anybody can benefit from increased skill or intelligence.

Yes, Rhino could critically injure some of the less durable members of the teams you mentioned...but then again...so could Batroc. While Rhino can hurt some of the "Glass Cannons"...Rhino himself, when compared to the other bricks, is a glass cannon himself. A full power blast from guys like Havok or Cyclops can put him down as well. Training and/or Intelligence isn't going to fix the problem with his durability.

Rhino is "scary" to someone like Spider-Man because Spider-Man doesn't have a lot of ways to take him down. Teams, on the other hand, have a lot more versatility than Spider-Man does by himself. Teams have Bricks that can easily go toe to toe with Rhino, they have Telepaths that can shut him down with just a thought, they have Cannons, Glass and otherwise, that can blow him away...many of whom are flyers that he can not touch. On top of that they have the mid-tier bricks like Luke Cage that can add to the damage the bigger bricks are pouring on. Add in the Teleporters and Magic users to that mix. Someone like Juggernaut is a threat to these teams because of his nearly infinite durability and his immunity to Telepathy. Bricks cannot overwhelm Juggernaut, Telepaths can't shut him down, Cannons can't get through his Force Field and he can basically ignore the flyers because they can't hurt him.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

The problem with your new position is that it is basically meaningless. You're saying now that Rhino would be a greater threat if he were smarter or more skilled....well...that applies to every single character. Anybody can benefit from increased skill or intelligence.

Yes, Rhino could critically injure some of the less durable members of the teams you mentioned...but then again...so could Batroc. While Rhino can hurt some of the "Glass Cannons"...Rhino himself, when compared to the other bricks, is a glass cannon himself. A full power blast from guys like Havok or Cyclops can put him down as well. Training and/or Intelligence isn't going to fix the problem with his durability.

Rhino is "scary" to someone like Spider-Man because Spider-Man doesn't have a lot of ways to take him down. Teams, on the other hand, have a lot more versatility than Spider-Man does by himself. Teams have Bricks that can easily go toe to toe with Rhino, they have Telepaths that can shut him down with just a thought, they have Cannons, Glass and otherwise, that can blow him away...many of who are flyers that he can not touch. On top of that they have the mid-tier bricks like Luke Cage that can add to the damage the bigger bricks are pouring on. Add in the Teleporters and Magic users to that mix. Someone like Juggernaut is a threat to these teams because of his nearly infinite durability and his immunity to Telepathy. Bricks cannot overwhelm Juggernaut, Telepaths can't shut him down, Cannons can't get through his Force Field and he can basically ignore the flyers because they can't hurt him.

I'd wager that Rhino is a tad more durable than your run-of-the-mill Sentinel, but I see your point. I was told that a second Rhino was briefly on the scene with all of the original's physicals and a greatly improved set of armor (although this could also be something my friends just made up, so...). That said, in the event that my theory of a genius mentor taking him under their wing materializes, it's at least plausible that they (after boosting his brain power) would also upgrade his armor as well. Perhaps to the point of giving his new armor a force field to ward off ballistic impacts or incoming energy blasts so that he wouldn't have to tank those attacks personally.

Nevertheless, your point(s) are well made. Kudos.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

The problem with your new position is that it is basically meaningless. You're saying now that Rhino would be a greater threat if he were smarter or more skilled....well...that applies to every single character. Anybody can benefit from increased skill or intelligence.

Rhino is "scary" to someone like Spider-Man because Spider-Man doesn't have a lot of ways to take him down. Teams, on the other hand, have a lot more versatility than Spider-Man does by himself. Teams have Bricks that can easily go toe to toe with Rhino, they have Telepaths that can shut him down with just a thought, they have Cannons, Glass and otherwise, that can blow him away...many of who are flyers that he can not touch. On top of that they have the mid-tier bricks like Luke Cage that can add to the damage the bigger bricks are pouring on. Add in the Teleporters and Magic users to that mix. Someone like Juggernaut is a threat to these teams because of his nearly infinite durability and his immunity to Telepathy. Bricks cannot overwhelm Juggernaut, Telepaths can't shut him down, Cannons can't get through his Force Field and he can basically ignore the flyers because they can't hurt him.

I'd wager that Rhino is a tad more durable than your run-of-the-mill Sentinel, but I see your point. I was told that a second Rhino was briefly on the scene with all of the original's physicals and a greatly improved set of armor (although this could also be something my friends just made up, so...). That said, in the event that my theory of a genius mentor taking him under their wing materializes, it's at least plausible that they (after boosting his brain power) would also upgrade his armor as well. Perhaps to the point of giving his new armor a force field to ward off ballistic impacts or incoming energy blasts so that he wouldn't have to tank those attacks personally.

Nevertheless, your point(s) are well made. Kudos.

Full power beams for Cyclops and Havok Tear Apart Sentinels...they're more than enough to take down Rhino

Now, along with getting both a boost to his intelligence and Combat skills, you are talking about giving Rhino better armour...which is what I have been saying this entire time...he needs a power boost to really be a credible threat to teams. Increasing his armour and giving him a force field...what you are basically doing is trying to turn Rhino into the Juggernaut...but even with all this...he still won't be The Juggernaut. His Force Field will be Tech based...not powered by an extra-dimensional entity, He still won't have Cain's Healing Factor, He won't have Marko's unstoppable momentum, and even with upgraded armour...his durability is still not likely to be as good as Juggernaut...who is almost totally immune to physical force.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bullets. everybody dodges them

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

Full power beams for Cyclops and Havok Tear Apart Sentinels...they're more than enough to take down Rhino

Now, along with getting both a boost to his intelligence and Combat skills, you are talking about giving Rhino better armour...which is what I have been saying this entire time...he needs a power boost to really be a credible threat to teams. Increasing his armour and giving him a force field...what you are basically doing is trying to turn Rhino into the Juggernaut...but even with all this...he still won't be The Juggernaut. His Force Field will be Tech based...not powered by an extra-dimensional entity, He still won't have Cain's Healing Factor, He won't have Marko's unstoppable momentum, and even with upgraded armour...his durability is still not likely to be as good as Juggernaut...who is almost totally immune to physical force.

Agreed. Having an extra-dimensional being feeding you non stop is indeed an advantage that is not to be taken lightly. I'm unsure if my friends were having a laugh at my expense, but was there a second Rhino rampaging through the 616 universe with upgraded armor? No idea if that was for real or not, but it wouldn't be the worse idea in the world for a villainous mastermind (Octavious or otherwise) to upgrade the original Rhino's armor. It certainly wouldn't hurt the character, is all I'm saying. As you said, he would nearly certainly still be below the strength level of Cain Marko & company, but the upgrade would potentially allow him to tangle with heroes and have greater success than what's been typical for him. To at least get better results than what he's use to, even if he still ends up on the losing side of things. He is the villain after all, and I still expect the Hulk and company (especially the speedblitzers) not to mention the TP'ers and sorcerers, etc.. to have their eventual way with him. As far as a force field built into his proposed new armor, it can only last so long being tech based, but it would allow him to stay in the fight longer than if he had to personally tank the shots/punches/energy blasts himself. Just a theory, that's all...

Look, I'm not trying to make him another Juggernaut (Bulldozer from the Wrecking Crew is obviously trying out for that gig, based on his most recent aesthetics), but if Otto or some other mastermind decided to make a project out of him by cranking up his IQ, upgrading his armor, and/or teaching him how to properly fight, he could be so much better. Not "slap Thor around" better, but better than he has been. After years of mediocrity, he certainly deserves to be so much more.

That's all I'm saying.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: There was another Rhino with supposedly upgraded armour...but he was actually beaten by The original.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@shawnbaby:

There was another Rhino with supposedly upgraded armour...but he was actually beaten by The original.

So my friends weren't making him up. Interesting. Though I wonder how the original Rhino pulled that off if the other dude had both his powers AND upgraded armor...?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

There was another Rhino with supposedly upgraded armour...but he was actually beaten by The original.

So my friends weren't making him up. Interesting. Though I wonder how the original Rhino pulled that off if the other dude had both his powers AND upgraded armor...?

It's not always about power levels. There are other intangible factors to consider. Skill, motivation, experience,etc...all of these things play a major role. The other guy was a Rookie...and he ended up killing Rhino's Girlfriend. Alexei was sufficiently motivated by that to put the pretender in the ground.

it's those kind of intangible factors that make Team Busters rare. Strong teams consist of members that know how to complement each others strengths and compensate for their weaknesses. To be a true team buster you have to be able to handle dealing with a multitude of powers and abilities from a group of people that use these powers cooperatively.

This is also why Villain teams tend to be defeated. Teams need to work together. Villains are mostly in it for themselves. Teams need to be able to trust that the guy next to them will always have their back. Villains don't tend to trust each other very much...and when the going gets rough...they will abandon each other.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just remember this guy

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The combined intelligence of The Illuminati.

Seriously, get those guys together and they could fuk up a cup of coffee.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By XiiX

@jagernutt: Nah. It's somebody who basically always loses fights they have no business losing, or lose pretty much every fight they're in.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physics jobs all the time in comic books.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442:

Physics jobs all the time in comic books.

I like this answer...

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Army2442

Also, marvel super speed jobs alot. Almost all of marvels speedsters get hot when they shouldn't.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#139  Edited By Kangconquers
No Caption Provided

The Stranger: Cosmic being with implied power on par with Galactus, The Celestials, The Watchers and the In-Betweener. Routinely jobs to herald and occasionally, meta-human level characters.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442 said:

Also, marvel super speed jobs alot. Almost all of marvels speedsters get hot when they shouldn't.

Marvel doesn't have a Speed Force to protect their speedsters.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Kangconquers

Another Super Jobber is Kang The Conqueror. He has the resources to conquer the Sh'iar, Badoon and several other major empires in the 31st century, yet he routinely jobs to the Avengers.

Kurt Buseik did a great job lamp-shading this by giving Kang a moral code / standard fair play; He could theoretically kill the Avengers any time he wants to, but wants to beat them on a level playing field.

Still. He's a Time Traveler with an empire that spans the entire Milky Way Galaxy in his timeline. He theoretically can use his powers to summon any weapon/ technology in history. He should be as feared as Thanos or Darkseid. Instead, he's taken less seriously than Doctor Doom.

No Caption Provided

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Kangconquers

@oni_bane:

The Wrecking Crew

I'll see your Wrecking Crew and raise you a Rhino and a Kalibak. Two guys that vacation at the Teambuster-level who rarely get the opportunity to show why.

The fact that every major team in comics has someone who can solo Rhino makes him a non-team buster.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers:

The fact that every major team in comics has someone who can solo Rhino makes him a non-team buster.

Agreed. Go back a few posts/pages for more details...

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By lol

My instance on this is pretty firm.

Bullets are the biggest jobbers in comics.

and the black holes

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elders of the Universe, Anti-Monitor, the monitors. the last version i see of Nekron

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrecking crew got taken by the runaways without alex. So yea no wrecking crew

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jobberseid , Galactus , jobtre and Jobbing tribunal

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jobberseid , Galactus , jobtre and Jobbing tribunal

Exactly. For being the alleged "second most powerful being in the multiverse" his track record isn't that great. Dr. Strange has broken his spells, Galactus has tanked blasts from him, PR Molecule Man, Scathan, Beyonder (orginal and new) all seem greater. I"m probably forgetting some more cases of him being humbled (oh yeah Thanos w/ HOTU).

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers