Pretty self explanatory

#2 Posted by Oni_Bane (1698 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wrecking Crew

#3 Posted by darkseid1006 (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre and Darkseid

#4 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3656 posts) - - Show Bio

@oni_bane:

The Wrecking Crew

I'll see your Wrecking Crew and raise you a Rhino and a Kalibak. Two guys that vacation at the Teambuster-level who rarely get the opportunity to show why.

#5 Posted by XiiX (9109 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about WORST, but ones that have a pretty consistent knack of doing so are Darkseid, Galactus, Kalibak, Rhino, Ra's Al Ghul, The Spectre, The Guardians of The Universe, unnamed power-ring wielders, The Wrecking Crew, Taskmaster, Mammoth, Zoom(even though it's basically in his character to do so), Plastic-Man, Eternity, anyone who isn't Superman but is roughly Superman-level that ends up fighting Darkseid, Apocalypse, and Magneto just to name a few.

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

I don't know about WORST, but ones that have a pretty consistent knack of doing so are Darkseid, Galactus, Kalibak, Rhino, Ra's Al Ghul, The Spectre, The Guardians of The Universe, unnamed power-ring wielders, The Wrecking Crew, Taskmaster, Mammoth, Zoom(even though it's basically in his character to do so), Plastic-Man, Eternity, anyone who isn't Superman but is roughly Superman-level that ends up fighting Darkseid, Apocalypse, and Magneto just to name a few.

#7 Edited by dagmar_merrill (10008 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

#8 Posted by Easternwind (3891 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

Martian Manhunter as well.

#10 Posted by homicidalmaniac (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

*Insert Killer Croc

#11 Posted by Wolfrazer (7435 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Ares.

#12 Edited by Bones309 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by nickzambuto (14382 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Galactus, reading his Comic Vine profile is pretty funny because every paragraph starts with "Later Galactus battled against X, but was defeated in a battle that shook the cosmos!"

#14 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3656 posts) - - Show Bio

@easternwind:

Rhino is a teambuster? wat?

I thought that someone would think I was crazy for saying that, but if you'll indulge me, I'm prepared to make my case.

On paper, these are Rhino's stats and origin details:

1. He was boosted to be a villain strong enough to take down a "calm" (or just transformed into) Hulk by the Leader.
  2. He is resilient enough to withstand sustained machine gun fire, an assortment of different energy blasts, and multiple blows from Class 100+ beings without slowing down/losing consciousness. He can also run at nearly 100 mph. A guy that big moving that fast is a truly fearsome thing to behold (just ask someone who plays football how they feel about a linebacker who's way too fast to be as big as they are and you'll know what I'm talking about;)
  3. He can benchpress at least 85 tons. That puts him where Ben Grimm was for decades on the Marvel strength scale. And that's no joke considering the fact that most teams in the Marvel U. have the lion's share of their roster well below that strength bracket.
  4. His actual skin below the carapace is also resistant to bullets and ballistic impacts thanks to the Leader's chemical treatments upon him. The Rhino suit is simply an extra insurance policy in that regard.
  5. He can COMPLETELY no-sell hits from Spider-Man when he braces himself (as evidenced when he murdered Silver Sable right in front of Spider-Man to illustrate just how out of his league strength and durability wise Rhino actually is).

Yeah, on paper, this is one scary mofo to all but the elite Class 90+ club. And even then, he never goes down easy unless the writer just wants to use him as a comic relief foil for that particular story's sake (I'm looking at you Captain America!!!). If he was even moderately bright, he'd truly be a force to be reckoned with.

Here's to hoping he gets his act together (or gets a mentor)!

#15 Posted by Easternwind (3891 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Yeah he is damn impressive, but I dont think he has the versatility needed to be a teambuster

He is def a huge Jobber, But I wouldnt say he vacations as a team buster ( as in, does it with ease, is what I assume you mean )

#16 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3656 posts) - - Show Bio

@easternwind:

Yeah he is damn impressive, but I dont think he has the versatility needed to be a teambuster

He is def a huge Jobber, But I wouldnt say he vacations as a team buster ( as in, does it with ease, is what I assume you mean )

I hear what you're saying, but just think what a threat someone with his physical stats would be if someone like Batroc, Taskmaster, or the Steel Serpent or another fighter in that skill bracket had a whole year or two with him non-stop to improve his h2h skills/focus on life. You're talking about a guy that laughs off all but the strongest energy attacks as well as serious machine gun fire like it never happened. If he had some comprehensive h2h combat training, a boost in his IQ, and/or a mentor to follow/renew his purpose, you're looking at a dangerous problem that only the Thing, the Hulk, Thor, or Wonder Man, etc.. would have the firepower to put him down long enough for him to be taken into custody.

Remember, Spider-Man already let the cat out of the bag when he told us via thought bubbles that despite his normal method of joking around when he fights, he is truly terrified of Rhino and what he knows he is capable of...

#17 Posted by Lord44 (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutly Galactus.. but his misfortune is the f*cking PIS that doesn't allow him to touch the earth and every other planet where's a freaking insignificant character. Without it Galan would have killed and devoured the entire 616 continuity!

#18 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2517 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the battle?

#19 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by dondave (38780 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc

#21 Posted by Kingant27 (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord44: Galactus does usually job, however recently a weakened Galactus beat King Thor, and destroyed the Earth; and had some good feats in the comic.

#22 Posted by TT_4_Humanity (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth

#23 Posted by Eisenfauste (8622 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by dondave (38780 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Jayc1324 (13143 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc. Bar none. Two face, who is a regular man with 0 special capabilities beat him. That's right, your average Joe can take croc.

#26 Posted by Keenko (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@xiix said:

add Killer Croc to that mix.

#27 Posted by mlunny1121 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

What's a jobber?

#28 Posted by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc Vs Everyone

Taskmaster Vs Deadpool and Moon Knight

Spider-man Vs Skilled Humans

Wolverine Vs Concrete Pavements

#29 Posted by Iragexcudder (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the Uncanny Avengers is jobbered

#30 Edited by MaccyD (4905 posts) - - Show Bio

@mlunny1121 said:

What's a jobber?

The opposite of a jibber.

#31 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3656 posts) - - Show Bio

@mlunny1121:

What's a jobber?

A character who despite having all of the skills/tools/resources/superpowers necessary to be awesome, loses WAY more often than they should.

By the way, "Welcome to the 'Vine"!

#32 Posted by Gustofwind (606 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman one second he's fighting gods the next he's getting beat up by much weaker beings.

#33 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Galactus
  • Terrax
  • Killer Croc
  • Count Nerfaria
  • Darkseid
  • The Wrecking Crew
  • Ares (Marvel)
  • Doctor Strange
  • Iceman
  • Storm
  • Wonder Man
#34 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11695 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Two-Face actually has had training from Batman IIRC.

#35 Edited by mlunny1121 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

@HeraldofGanthet: thanks they keep taking my topics for some reason lol. Its annoying because I have good Battles.

#36 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (3588 posts) - - Show Bio

A jobber in professional wrestling is someone who consistently loses to make the other guy look better. The term has found its way over to this board.

#37 Posted by MasterKungFu (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

wrecking crew, apoc, ds, spectre, big g, terrax, thor (sometimes), a lot villains (just for the sake of plot)

#38 Edited by DogSoldier88 (576 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Ra's Al Ghul
  2. Remote controlled Iron-Man armors
  3. Electro
  4. The Hand's Ninjas
  5. Silver Surfer vs. anyone popular
  6. Thor vs. anyone popular
  7. Unnamed Lanterns
  8. New 52 Greek gods (Deadpool probably has a better healing factor)
  9. Hulk on Comic Vine
  10. Galactus and Darkseid
#39 Posted by Ultragreenboy (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West TBH : /

#40 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8589 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Killer Croc - he loses to everyone. a character that should be a serious threat to Batman and others gets treated as a joke.
  • Sandman - he should be a top tier Spidey rogue due to his power nature. he's had flash-in-the-pan showings of greatness, but often he's just a filler/jobber/henchman
  • Thor - Thor? Really? Yes really. Every time he goes up against a street leveler it seems Thor "has trouble keeping up" which is garbage. Although to be fair Hulk suffers the same treatment at times.
  • Spider-Man - this is only against humans/peak humans really. Going to tell me with a straight face Punisher should stand a chance? Or Captain America?
  • Taskmaster - someone who should be able to give just about any low/mid street leveler and even some of the higher end street levelers a rough go but is played like a goof.
  • Rhino - dumb or not, this guy is a beast. He's been shown to fight early incarnations of Hulk, and he's even squared off against Thing if memory serves. On top of that he's got the speed to tag Spider-Man. Add to that his impervious hide, he really should be a bigger threat than he is.
  • Galactus - does this need an explanation?

There are certainly more but these just came at me off the top of my head.

#41 Edited by Easternwind (3891 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Yeahh but your thinking pure str. Teams have ways around that. Thats why I said I dont think he has enough variety to be an easy teambuster.

#42 Posted by TopTierGoat (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto, I didnt think was a significant jobber, at least not in Galans class of jobbing. He's fu@ked things up pretty well over the years... Like his current solo run too

Didnt know that about Rhino, sucks he's basically fodder but i'd like to see him let loose with some enhancements as mentioned above.

Silver Surfer is my vote for jobby mcjobber. Sad that he's my fav character too lol. Then there's the Phoenix as my #2

#43 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus Bane Killer Croc Darkseid thor

#44 Posted by those_eyes (7848 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Galactus Bane Killer Croc Darkseid thor

How is Bane a jobber?

#45 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3656 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptiergoat:

Didnt know that about Rhino, sucks he's basically fodder but i'd like to see him let loose with some enhancements as mentioned above.

Agreed. We're going to get along great, I just know it!;)

@easternwind:

Yeahh but your thinking pure str. Teams have ways around that. Thats why I said I dont think he has enough variety to be an easy teambuster.

I see your point, but in all fairness (with the exception of his psionic-proof helmet) Juggernaut (as an example), a certified teambuster whose strength admittedly exceeds Rhino's isn't exactly a Swiss Army Knife in terms of his offensive options. In fact, based on the similarity of their powersets as well as their fighting styles/durability, I'd say that their modis operandi were virtually identical.

The exception of course is that Rhino's powers are scientific, and Juggs' are magical. Well, that and Juggernaut is considerably stronger on the squat rack...;)

@mlunny1121:

thanks they keep taking my topics for some reason lol. Its annoying because I have good Battles.

Keep at it. You'll beat 'um to it in no time!!

#46 Edited by Easternwind (3891 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Juggs helmet does defend him from TP, and doesnt he have other protections as well?
But I see your point.

We dont disagree we are just splitting hairs

#47 Edited by IRS (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of good names mentioned but I gotta say, Killer Croc is the jobbing king. Other jobbers wish they could job like him.

He can lose to a normal human because he got put in a choke hold. That's talent right there.

#48 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3656 posts) - - Show Bio

@easternwind:

Juggs helmet does defend him from TP, and doesnt he have other protections as well? But I see your point.

We dont disagree we are just splitting hairs

My man! I hope that the Wizard, MODOK, Dr. Doom, Batroc, or somebody takes an interest in this guy and gets him to pull his head out of his a$$ soon.

He's certainly earned it, IMO.

#49 Posted by Easternwind (3891 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Yeah, I feel bad for Rhino =( . Isnt he dead right now though? I havent read anything spidey i a while

#50 Posted by patrat18 (10650 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said: