Who are The Best Anti-Bricks?

• 123 results
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@realitywarper: Hmmm, he still seems mid tier, but he maybe just above low mid tier, more like a Medium Level mid tier.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jashro44

@lukehero said:

@realitywarper: Hmmm, he still seems mid tier, but he maybe just above low mid tier, more like a Medium Level mid tier.

He's not mid tier. Black panther one shotted karnak. He has tanked kree blasters I believe so he is durable but its low level superhuman durability. HIs best fighting feat against a skilled fighter is one shotting black widow to my knowledge. He can be defeated by various street levellers.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman comes to mind.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jashro44 said:

@lukehero said:

He's not mid tier. Black panther one shotted karnak. He has tanked kree blasters I believe so he is durable but its low level superhuman durability. HIs best fighting feat against a skilled fighter is one shotting black widow to my knowledge. He can be defeated by various street levellers.

Yep. He has not a lot of feats.
I remember him crushing a force-field that other people on the team cannot damage.
He is a good character when you need to go through a barrier or something.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DedmanWalkin

The Trapster is the perfect anti-brick. His glue has allowed him to take down the Thing on multiple occasions. If he really wanted to go around killing bricks, he would dominate them.

Spider-man is also ideal assuming he goes for webbing rather than fisticuffs. He can isolate them and use their own strength against them like he does against the Rhino.

How is Captain America not on anyone's list. His Shield is an ideal weapon and defense against bricks. Many people don't understand that the shield, being partially vibranium, can absorb energy and redirect it.

Bullseye could potentially be a good choice given the right gear. His accuracy has allowed him to pierce hardened materials before.

Also, Xenomorphs are probably perfect assuming the brick's durability isn't capable of dealing with their acid blood.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sy8000

@jashro44:

His tech kind of varies. IIRC he once blew up shaggy mans arms before (I'll need to reread but I think it was around issue 25 of Morrison's run) and he has some other showings with his tech. Gas is something which can work on some bricks.

I don't really see how that's impressive. Eiling has no enhanced durability of any sort, it's always been his healing factor that makes him hard to put down. Gas would work on the bricks that need to breath.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

His tech kind of varies. IIRC he once blew up shaggy mans arms before (I'll need to reread but I think it was around issue 25 of Morrison's run) and he has some other showings with his tech. Gas is something which can work on some bricks.

I don't really see how that's impressive. Eiling has no enhanced durability of any sort, it's always been his healing factor that makes him hard to put down. Gas would work on the bricks that need to breath.

Shaggy man isn't durable?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My top five antibricks? alphabetical order.

Batman. Tech bridges the gap.

Black Panther See Batman.

Captain America. Shield bridges both the offensive and defensive gap.

Midnighter. Do I even need to say anything? Damage output that makes bricks seem like paper mache'. Doors. etc

Wolverine. Claws that cut damn near anybody? Check. Unbreakable bones and healing? Check.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44: He is..don't know what highaccuser is talking about.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@highaccuser said:

@jashro44:

Shaggy man isn't durable?

If it happened in Morrisons run then it's Eiling. Yes, he's durable but only because of the damage soak he has through his healing factor. Bullets always make him bleed and Waller blew off his limbs with bombs, even KOing him by blowing up his brain.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lukehero: As has been mentioned, Psylocke (can't believe I forgot to mention Betsy) Backlash, anyone with superior aim and the right type of rounds like Grifter or Ballistic (although to be fair Cole carries the right type of gear to be considered a low level anti brick) can be an anti-brick. Guyver fits the bill (sonics, molecular blades etc.)

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman with prep

Deathstroke with prep

Green Arrow if instructed by Batman directly

Deadshot

Taskmaster

Captain America

Black Panther

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh Probably Wildstorm Midnighter :)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By Wyldsong

@lukehero: Honestly, a lot of the answers I would give have already been given, and many of my answers would be hax characters. For my money though, the best anti-bricks are those with powers and abilities that can overcome or bypass the bricks durability. Then you also have to consider what kind of brick this is. Is this a robotic type brick character? Magnus Robot fighter would be a great anti-brick. Are they more mutant power based? See the characters that can cancel powers. Magic based, scientific experimentation and so forth and so on? There are a ton of considerations to make with the idea of choosing the perfect anti-brick, but in the end, this is often very situational dependent upon the brick in question.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: That's why in the OP I mentioned for us not to try and bring up HAX characters. I mean characters like Wolverine who can take down a Brick in a straight up fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jashro44
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Wyldsong

@lukehero said:

@wyldsong: That's why in the OP I mentioned for us not to try and bring up HAX characters. I mean characters like Wolverine who can take down a Brick in a straight up fight.

Well, like I said, most of my answers would be hax characters=)

But even then, it is still pretty darn situational dependent on the brick in question, as I can pull up some bricks that Wolvie couldn't really touch, but other characters would be able to.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

Outside of everyone being named, Mantis and that guy from Dimension Z come to mind.

Also it depends on the brick, Bane, Aquaman & Hulk are all "bricks" on different levels.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: @pr0metheus: Depending on which Hulk he goes above Brick Level. I mean 100 Tonners and Lower. Not too many other super powers besides strength & durability, not too much Super Speed.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke, Batman, Wolverine, Spidey if you count him as street leveler.

Oh yeah and Deadpool cause he like chimichangas.

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By theendgame

@lukehero: Another way to look at this, besides damage threshold, could be influence, deception and manipulation. Sometimes getting close, getting your opposition to trust you, or let their guard down could be enough to down the most powerful of characters.

Saying that some good options could be...

Morph - Not only a top tier shape shifter, wolverine notes that he doesn't give off any scent when portraying others. This makes it almost impossible to suspect that he isn't who he seems to be.

Mystique - One of the best, and most believable shape shifters ever. Gets an A+ for copying the subjects mannerisms.

Peter Stanchek - Okay, he's a bit more powerful than what I intended for this comment. He does however have an awesome skill set. He can make people forget his presence the moment they look away. Can hear what people are thinking and can influence people's affection for him. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Vagabond - There are smooth talkers and then there's this guy. Even without lifeline powers he has manipulated the likes of Armstrong into a trap (even if the trap failed). And with the power of suggestion he convinced someone, who otherwise would have absolutely destroyed him, into taking a bullet to the brain in order to stop the emotional pain he was suffering from.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#80  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Wolverine

Psylocke

Black Panther

X-23

Miles Morales (dat Venom Sting)

Black Canary

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Wyldsong

@lukehero said:

@wyldsong: @pr0metheus: Depending on which Hulk he goes above Brick Level. I mean 100 Tonners and Lower. Not too many other super powers besides strength & durability, not too much Super Speed.

The problem is, depending on their healing factor, general physiology, and if there is anything special needed to take them down, it can affect things. Hulk has strength, durability, and a hellacious healing factor. But say Wolvie faced off against old school Evil Ernie, who was for all intents and purposes a brick (he meets all the requirements discussion wise). He has the healing/regen (even a decap won't do much), durability and so on, but Wolvie's claws will have little effect, since Ernie can heal the damage up, and not being alive, pressure points and so on will be a no go (unlike Hulk, who with his disgusting regen has been put down by claws in a specific spot). Thus Wolvie is not the anti-brick for that situation.

Like I said, it can be very situational dependent on the brick in question.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver surfer

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#83  Edited By serrure

@lukehero: As has been mentioned, Psylocke (can't believe I forgot to mention Betsy) Backlash, anyone with superior aim and the right type of rounds like Grifter or Ballistic (although to be fair Cole carries the right type of gear to be considered a low level anti brick) can be an anti-brick. Guyver fits the bill (sonics, molecular blades etc.)

beat ya too it ha ha

No Caption Provided

CosmicOrochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By CosmicOrochi

Hulk = Brick Slayer.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suigetsu(naruto) he's toptier as an anti brick imo, but if this is limited to strictly marvel characters then I guess kitty pryde

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone whos ever fought Galactus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Retard is the best against bricks.

and anyone like him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

Is that Billy before he shouts the magic words?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@lukehero, @dextersinister is quite right regarding the comments concerning what a speedster can do to a brick; in a textbook example, the villian Speedfreak messed the Hulk up REALLY bad by repeatedly, at superspeed, slicing the Hulk---with an ADAMANTIUM blade! (The Hulk managed to beat him by maneuvering Speedfreak into running into a huge battery that spilled lethal battery acid all over him, however).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops,Wolverine, X-23, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Kaine

Batman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze

I would take either one of these teams against any team of brutes.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi are the best anti-bricks in general.

TK and lightsaber combination is ridiculous.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#97  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@lukehero: Touma Kamijou beaten characters that scale between mid-tier to herald level characters due his right hand negate their powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fox McCloud

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: What tier is Fox?

@homicidalmaniac: That's very hax, in OP I stated I really wanted to focus on non hax straight fighting ant bricks.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sticking to street level, I'll have to say Wolverine.