Whitebeard vs Gildarts

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They are both very powerful characters, with huge destructive powers... but who's stronger?

- Whitebeard (One Piece)

No Caption Provided

VS

- Gildarts (Fairy Tail)

No Caption Provided

RULES:

- They are both at their prime

- no prep, random encounter

- moral off, they will use all their powers in order to win

- they fight on this island:

No Caption Provided

WHO WINS???

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Whitebeard

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember much of Gildarts, but White Beard destroyed the Marine Hq, caused tsunamis and survived a crazy amount of damage. He wins.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dunno much of FT -_-

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme said:

I don't remember much of Gildarts, but White Beard destroyed the Marine Hq, caused tsunamis and survived a crazy amount of damage. He wins.

They are both on the same level...

Gildarts is the guy who has to be careful when he walking or he might trip and destroy the city (already happened, lol)

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@annoyedimmortalspirit: How wasn't i tagged for this?????

Anyway, gildarts wins. He is basically a steroid infused version of Kamijou Touma. Any long range attacks WB dishes out will be useless, and if gildarts gets in close range its practically over. And gildarts with the right timing can negate physical attacks by either absorbing the impact or using his own crash magic to cushion the blow. He is really versatile. And i doubt WB is taking a punch from Gildarts. Gildarts can practically punch his enemies out of the atmosphere(im over exaggerating. But thats what it looked like)

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As strong as Whitebeard is, Gildarts practically own this.

Loading Video...

Gildarts will reduce black beard to dust. He can resist gravity like its nothing. Gravity that can stop 100 tonners like Natsu without much trouble.

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: oh sorry i used a tag list i found on another battle... hehe

anyway i'm glad to see someone else who knows both characters!! personally i agree with you, but i'm not the best One Piece expert so i might miss something from when he was younger and stronger

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB wins

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for iskandarthegreat
IskandarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB at his prime is featless, just based on hype.

But I'll take the Marineford version of WB to win over Gildarts. As strong as Gildarts is, no way he's tanking Shirohige's quakes.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both duke it out Whitebeard respects his Strength they talk here and there then Shanks becomes a Whitebeard Pirate until he finds his way home to his Nakama.

Shean_Yar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shean_Yar

Shirohige stomps..

Avatar image for kenshirofistofwrath
KenshiroFistofWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB stomps Hypedarts

GrafD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward Newgates STOMPS

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaning towards Gildarts

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By colliderz

Marineford WB wins

Prime WB is stomps with ease

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Gildarts.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gildarts is kind of broken. Whitebeard is a bamf....Go with Broken every time.

Anime2114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whitebeard.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ratava

i just rewatched the fight Gildarts/Bluenote and then Whitebeard@Marineford

Gildarts/Bluenote

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Whitebeard@Marineford

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and that while being ill, later being stabbed through the chest, half his face blown off +other stabs/gun shot wounds

the Gildarts hype is going out of hand

Whitebeard is stronger, has greater destructive capabilities and better durability

he stomps

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ratava

i just rewatched the fight Gildarts/Bluenote and then Whitebeard@Marineford

Gildarts/Bluenote

Whitebeard@Marineford

and that while being ill, later being stabbed through the chest, half his face blown off +other stabs/gun shot wounds

the Gildarts hype is going out of hand

Whitebeard is stronger, has greater destructive capabilities and better durability

he stomps

itsjustmike15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By itsjustmike15

Whitebeard

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Bloodlusted Version of Whitebeard quakes or blitzes Gildarts no-difficulty.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By renamed040924

This Gildarts fellow looks quite a bit similar to Shanks.

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: lol that spoiler block...

Anyway from your scans we can see Gildarts resisting and destroying a magic black hole of infinite gravity... That alone, is much better feat than anything Whitebeard did in those scans...

His magic makes him able to destroy everything, from Natsu's fire to a black hole... what makes you think he can't destroy Whitebeard's shockwaves?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@annoyedimmortalspirit: Whitebeard only reason he didn't flip Marineford upside down is because Ace and so many of his allies were on the island. White beard took hits from some of the strongest people in the serjes, and just him flexing his powers made massive tidal waves.

Also Gildarts destroyed a VERY small black hole. That didn't even suck anything in. Do you seriously believes it was anywhere near equivilant to a real one?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DBVSE7

@blackwind: Some things you can't use real world logic on you just have to take it for what it is.. a real black hole would destroy the whole FTverse

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind said:

@annoyedimmortalspirit: Whitebeard only reason he didn't flip Marineford upside down is because Ace and so many of his allies were on the island. White beard took hits from some of the strongest people in the serjes, and just him flexing his powers made massive tidal waves.

Also Gildarts destroyed a VERY small black hole. That didn't even suck anything in. Do you seriously believes it was anywhere near equivilant to a real one?

That was a magic black hole so size does not matter, and they clearly said it had infinite mass. (it's a manga... the point is that it doesn't matter what it is, he can destroy everything with his magic)

Also, Gildart already have the city buster potential, he already destroyed another city by "mistake" because he can't control all his powers, so look what they did for him everytime he comes in town...

No Caption Provided

And this is a punch from Gildarts... he sends people flying into the sky, and this is not for comedic purposes...

Loading Video...

So yea, if he gets serious he could definitely kill Whitebeard, just like Whitebeard could kill him.

However Gildarts has an advantage since he can use his magic to negate all Whitebeard's attacks.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whitebeard would win

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shirohige

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else think Gildarts looks like Shanks?

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: No, you are not the only one. I'm surprised that they haven't been sued for copyright.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme: They would be the biggest babies for that.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: lol that spoiler block...

Anyway from your scans we can see Gildarts resisting and destroying a magic black hole of infinite gravity... That alone, is much better feat than anything Whitebeard did in those scans...

His magic makes him able to destroy everything, from Natsu's fire to a black hole... what makes you think he can't destroy Whitebeard's shockwaves?

yeah that was no real black hole, like the black hole Blackbeard uses, they are gravity sources but not anywhere near as strong as real black holes. Show me Gildarts using his power on something like a quake, then its a feat. WB quakes the air and you get hit, like Aokiji or one of the Walls he hit with a single punch and if Gildarts starts going melee like he did against Bluenote he gets somped by quakepunches.

@blackwind said:

That was a magic black hole so size does not matter, and they clearly said it had infinite mass. (it's a manga... the point is that it doesn't matter what it is, he can destroy everything with his magic)

yeah, a real black hole of that size would have destryoed the island with everyone on it + catastrophic consequences for the rest of the planet. Blackbeard did the same creating a city-wide black hole but nobody would take it for a real black hole
@blackwind said:

Also, Gildart already have the city buster potential, he already destroyed another city by "mistake" because he can't control all his powers, so look what they did for him everytime he comes in town...

No Caption Provided

And this is a punch from Gildarts... he sends people flying into the sky, and this is not for comedic purposes...

Loading Video...

So yea, if he gets serious he could definitely kill Whitebeard, just like Whitebeard could kill him.

However Gildarts has an advantage since he can use his magic to negate all Whitebeard's attacks.

and? citybusting is not impressive at the tier we are talking here, it would be ridiculous if they couldnt citybust and the punch is nothing special, Luffy punched Buggy/Avira over the horizon and Sanji did the same by kicking someone in the current arc.

Whitebeard stomps, maybe if Gildarts gets more feats but now he is not winning

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gildarts owns .

I know about that planetry lavel power hype and all but with very limited amount of feats gildarts seems more powerful.

-that city distroying thing

-resisting that black hole's gravity

-taking hits from natsu without moving an inch

-went toe to toe with that dragon who distroyed a island while playing around(holding back as gildart stated)

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: i'm sorry but this is a manga/anime. You can't take MAGIC black holes seriously. they stated it had infinite mass, so we should just take it for real. (beside, the point was that he is able to destroy everything, no matter what, so i ask you again, why do you think he couldn't do the same with Whitebeard?)

Also, Gildarts was able to create a quake in all the island by just releasing a portion of his magic... without even doing an attack. (go at 6:40)

Loading Video...

and the point of that picture was to show that Gildarts needs to be careful or he might destroy a city... this means that he is clearly above city busting. It's like saying that i need to be careful or i might crush a bug, this means that i am much stronger than a bug.

And if you need more feats just look at this fight with Natsu... you see a few more uses of his magic and his versatility. (even though he's not really "fighting")

We can see how Gildarts has all the advantages on Whitebeard...

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Whitebeard. One quake.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: i'm sorry but this is a manga/anime. You can't take MAGIC black holes seriously. they stated it had infinite mass, so we should just take it for real. (beside, the point was that he is able to destroy everything, no matter what, so i ask you again, why do you think he couldn't do the same with Whitebeard?)

Also, Gildarts was able to create a quake in all the island by just releasing a portion of his magic... without even doing an attack. (go at 6:40)

Loading Video...

and the point of that picture was to show that Gildarts needs to be careful or he might destroy a city... this means that he is clearly above city busting. It's like saying that i need to be careful or i might crush a bug, this means that i am much stronger than a bug.

And if you need more feats just look at this fight with Natsu... you see a few more uses of his magic and his versatility. (even though he's not really "fighting")

We can see how Gildarts has all the advantages on Whitebeard...

yeah that Black Hole has infinite mass but didnt influence anybody on that scale who was on the island, so simply lack of feats, by that logic i can say Blackbeard was standing on the event horizon of a Black Hole and withstood the infinite gravity but WB was able to hurt him with a quakepunch so thats >>>>>>>> everything Gildarts has shown, sorry but the Black Hole doesnt have any feats

i really dont care what happened in the fight natsu/gildarts because natsu was fodder to him, thats the same as if i would show scans of Whitebeard/Ace from the flashback where ace was aboard WBs ship and trying to kill him and he got stomped by WB.

Gildarts destroys citys cool, WBs sinks Islands

Gildarts got into a melee fight with Bluenote and took hits WB would lolstomp him by feats

Gildarts has no advantage on Whitebeard as the scans cleary show that Whitebeard is stronger, has greater durability and destructive capabilities feats and all Gildarts has is one fight against fodder(Natsu),one against Bluenote and a lot of hype

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: First off Blackbeard is not on the event horizon of a black hole is the black hole which is quite different. Also BB was stunned by WB's punch as he was just fine right after, but he wasn't hurt.

Second WB split an island (which was only about the size of a city), he didn't sink it. Also WB was trying to destroy the island whereas Gildarts destroys cities because he's not paying attention. Tsunami's would mean nothing here dice they're fighting on an island so WB would kill himself if he did that.

WB does have more shown durability feats than Gildarts but Gild survived a fight with Acnologia that cost him his arm and leg so that's pretty impressive. Especially since Acnologia was about to obliterate an island that was bigger than the one WB merely cracked.

I'm not saying Gildarts wins but as far as strength goes they're pretty evenly matched and this could go either way.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ratava

@ratava: First off Blackbeard is not on the event horizon of a black hole is the black hole which is quite different. Also BB was stunned by WB's punch as he was just fine right after, but he wasn't hurt.

Second WB split an island (which was only about the size of a city), he didn't sink it. Also WB was trying to destroy the island whereas Gildarts destroys cities because he's not paying attention. Tsunami's would mean nothing here dice they're fighting on an island so WB would kill himself if he did that.

WB does have more shown durability feats than Gildarts but Gild survived a fight with Acnologia that cost him his arm and leg so that's pretty impressive. Especially since Acnologia was about to obliterate an island that was bigger than the one WB merely cracked.

I'm not saying Gildarts wins but as far as strength goes they're pretty evenly matched and this could go either way.

the black hole part was only an attempt to show that it would be stupid to assume Bluenotes "Black Hole" was a real one, like it would be stupid to assume Blackbeards are real ones, they simply lack the feats. It would matter if it were real black holes because Blackbeard himself said that his fruit is different from normal Logias, he cant simply let attacks pass through him everything gets suck in so even he would be under the stress of the Gravity regardless of himself producing the "Black Hole"

See and this is were the famous GIldarts hype comes into play, he doesnt have the feats, show me him destroying cities or any destructive feats that comes near Whitebeards quakes. They shift the City because he walks through houses, not impressive at all. If we go by hype Whitebeard can destroy the One Piece World.

A fight we never saw but we know he got lolstomped and lost an arm/leg/organs and we dont know how he survived, maybe Acnologia simply flew away after stomping him.

Whats gildarts best strength feat? punching the guy in the air with a spell? luffy did it too with a punch early in the manga, even Sanji did it with a kick - WB is so much >>>>>>>>>> than those two and he stopped a GIANT SHIP with one hand while dying with pure strength.

sorry but iam not jumping on the Gildarts hype waggon, BY FEATS WB stomps

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: Why are you denying who you are? We all know you love Gildarts so why do you fight it? You can still love Whitebeard more but just accept it, free yourself, and join the Fairy Tail.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: Why are you denying who you are? We all know you love Gildarts so why do you fight it? You can still love Whitebeard more but just accept it, free yourself, and join the Fairy Tail.

yeah Gildarts is cool but dont like the hype and Garp is still > all :P

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: Garp would've killed Akainu and WB at the same time

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ratava

@ratava: Garp would've killed Akainu and WB at the same time

so true

No Caption Provided

!! Nobody can escape his FISTS OF LOVE !!

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: well fine i guess we'll agree to disagree then.

Let me conclude with this... This is how it would go IMO:

"They both start by attacking at the same time, Gildarts's magic destroy Whitebeard's shockwave... after that they proceed with physical attacks... after a few exchanges Gildarts is getting the upper hand(can absorb physical damage and has better striking feats), Whitebeard then decides to change tactic and create a massive quake that break the island in 2!! Gildarts is able to survive once again thanks to his magic, negating the force of the impact by destroying the shockwave. While Whitebeard is still shocked to see him standing, Gildarts releases a colossal amount of magic for his attack that completely destroy 1 half of the island!! ... Whitebeard tries to defend with another shockwave but it gets destroyed like everyting else, at that point he uses his defensive haki and tank the attack... he barely survives, but he's almost KOed and in deep water(since the attack wiped out half the island and him with it). WB is in no condition to keep fighting!!!

Result: Gildarts wins. (KO/BFR)"

this is how it would go, tell me if you think it's accurate.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ratava

@annoyedimmortalspirit said:

@ratava: well fine i guess we'll agree to disagree then.

Let me conclude with this... This is how it would go IMO:

"They both start by attacking at the same time, Gildarts's magic destroy Whitebeard's shockwave... after that they proceed with physical attacks... after a few exchanges Gildarts is getting the upper hand(can absorb physical damage and has better striking feats), Whitebeard then decides to change tactic and create a massive quake that break the island in 2!! Gildarts is able to survive once again thanks to his magic, negating the force of the impact by destroying the shockwave. While Whitebeard is still shocked to see him standing, Gildarts releases a colossal amount of magic for his attack that completely destroy 1 half of the island!! ... Whitebeard tries to defend with another shockwave but it gets destroyed like everyting else, at that point he uses his defensive haki and tank the attack... he barely survives, but he's almost KOed and in deep water(since the attack wiped out half the island and him with it). WB is in no condition to keep fighting!!!

Result: Gildarts wins. (KO/BFR)"

this is how it would go, tell me if you think it's accurate.

theres no proof that GIldarts can destroy WB shockwaves and they almost hit instantaneously as shown in the instance with Aokiji or when WB hit the wall. Gildarts will never get the upper hand in a physical battle because WB is simply stronger, has the better feats and i dont see Gildarts tanking WB quakepunches. The only striking feat Gildarts has is punching bluenote in the sky with magic a feat accomplished by early Luffy with pure strength and WB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luffy. Gildarts was down lying on the ground without being able to move after that fight with Bluenote while we all saw what Whitebeard tanked during Marineford and he was ill and already under medical support at that time. The only thing you have for Gildarts is massive Hype and assumptions whereas Whitebeard has FEATS.

WB

Durability >>>>>>> Gildarts

Strength >>>>>>> Gildarts

Destructive Power >>>>>> Gildarts

WB stomps

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers