#1 Edited by Slowpokeking (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Mandarin can use all the rings' power. Not much specific rules required for these 2.

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming you're talking about Emma Frost as the White Queen.  If so she should win, I don't think any of the Mandarin's rings will protect him from her TP.

#3 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't much of a fight.

#4 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10048 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Mandarin have any TP resistance or protection? Without TP I think Emma would lose. With it, this isn't even a fight unless Mandarin can defend against TP.

#5 Posted by Slowpokeking (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Does Mandarin have any TP resistance or protection? Without TP I think Emma would lose. With it, this isn't even a fight unless Mandarin can defend against TP.

Can't he get some device to block TP? He's pretty good on technology.

#6 Posted by Jake Fury (18157 posts) - - Show Bio

Mandarin has some kind of mental domination ring. Not sure if it could resist/overcome a telepath like Emma though.

#7 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10048 posts) - - Show Bio

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Maybe if he had time to prepare for the fight but this battle doesn't give him prep.

#8 Posted by Slowpokeking (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Maybe if he had time to prepare for the fight but this battle doesn't give him prep.

So what if both sides got time to prepare?

#9 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10048 posts) - - Show Bio

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Well Emma isn't really known to use prep to take out an opponent. She would need help from someone (i.e. - Cyclops) who uses prep on a regular basis to overcome opposition.

I don't know a whole lot about Mandarin, but being an Iron Man villain it would make sense that he would use prep quite effectively and would create a defense to her telepathy. WIthout telepathy this would be a spite match. Emma's diamond form doesn't being anything to the table that would stop Mandarin from using his freeze beam to incapacitate Emma, disintegration beam, matter rearranging beam, vortex ring to BFR her, etc. Mandarin is very tough opposition. You would need to find a way to really nerf him down (i.e. - access to only a few specific rings maybe) to find a way to balance out the fight, or team Emma up with some other X-Men, limit her telepathy, and set up the location and starting distance to balance out the fight for all.

#10 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Well Emma isn't really known to use prep to take out an opponent. She would need help from someone (i.e. - Cyclops) who uses prep on a regular basis to overcome opposition.

I don't know a whole lot about Mandarin, but being an Iron Man villain it would make sense that he would use prep quite effectively and would create a defense to her telepathy. WIthout telepathy this would be a spite match. Emma's diamond form doesn't being anything to the table that would stop Mandarin from using his freeze beam to incapacitate Emma, disintegration beam, matter rearranging beam, vortex ring to BFR her, etc. Mandarin is very tough opposition. You would need to find a way to really nerf him down (i.e. - access to only a few specific rings maybe) to find a way to balance out the fight, or team Emma up with some other X-Men, limit her telepathy, and set up the location and starting distance to balance out the fight for all.

She takes a moment to put on Cerebra, then crushes his mind into psionic paste.

#11 Posted by Slowpokeking (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Does it work if he blocks TP?

#12 Posted by Killemall (18274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury said:

Mandarin has some kind of mental domination ring. Not sure if it could resist/overcome a telepath like Emma though.

The Mento ring grants him the ability to control minds, but i'm not sure what kind of resistance it offers since tony obviously never uses tp. i wouldn't be surprised to see it grant him protection against her tp, but as it stands, i dont remember seeing any TP defense from Mandarin.

However a case could be main for Mandarin too, The Remaker ring gives him matter manipulation i dont see Emma being immune to that, not too sure who among the two is faster on the draw, probably Mandarin coz he fights Avengers and Iron Man.

#13 Posted by Slowpokeking (64 posts) - - Show Bio

He also got the Disintegration Beam ring.

#14 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

White Queen.

#15 Posted by YoungJustice (6682 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma

#16 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

i know he fought psylocke when she was lady mandarin but i don't remember how he handled her tp. anybody remember that fight? although i am pretty sure psylocke won.

#17 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10048 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Slowpokeking said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Yup. She wouldn't even need cerebra really.