• 144 results
#1 Edited by TheIrishDoctor (459 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the greatest Greatest Green Lanterns of all time gets the ultimate power-up. What are his limits now

• Round 1) Aquaman
  • Round 2) Iron Man
  • Round 3) Wonder-Woman (pre-52)
  • Round 4) Hal Jordan Green Lantern
  • Round 5) Wonder Woman (Post-52)
  • Round 6) Thor
  • Round 7) Superman
  • Round 8) Captain Marvel (DC)
  • Round 9) Kal Kent
  • Round 10) Silver Surfer
  • Round 11) Odin
  • Round 12) Galactus

Where does he stop?

Morals off

Kyle gets as long as he needs between fights to heal and 1 day of prep per fight

Basically, how powerful is the White Lantern?

#2 Edited by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears it with out a problem, prep isn't needed

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21865 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears it with out a problem, prep isn't needed

Kal Kent may be a problem, didnt he have 5th dimension powers?

#4 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by TheIrishDoctor (459 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously!? He's that strong? Kyle Rayner has always been my favorite DC character, but I haven't had much of a chance to get into his new White Lantern stories, so I have to admit I wasn't sure where he'd fall. Which is sort of why I made this.

He's seriously strong enough to easily take Silver Surfer and Kal Kent!? Maybe I should add a couple more...

#6 Edited by TheIrishDoctor (459 posts) - - Show Bio

Added. He's got some more people to challenge now.

#7 Edited by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at 11

#8 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: u think he clears Kal Kent as well? i wish they had an accurate showing of his power.

#10 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (459 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really amazed that White Lantern Rayner is universally believed to be able to "easily" take Kal Kent and Silver Surfer.

Can I get some feats from White Lantern Rayner that would suggest this?

#11 Edited by GhostRider2 (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Silver Surfer.He is not beating the Silver Surfer.

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, is White Lantern Kyle really that powerful? I know Ganthet described him as godlike. I'd like to hear some feats as well. I remember reading someone posting that he had reality-warping powers though.

#13 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Odin, surfer might take him down

#14 Posted by thanosii (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at surfer if his bloodlusted

#15 Edited by dondave (37416 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 11

#16 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (459 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals are off but nobody is Bloodlusted. I'd really like to see why people thing that White Lantern Kyle is strong enough to possibly take Kal Kent and Silver Surfer. That is some REALLY high level of power right there.

#17 Posted by GhostRider2 (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals are off but nobody is Bloodlusted. I'd really like to see why people thing that White Lantern Kyle is strong enough to possibly take Kal Kent and Silver Surfer. That is some REALLY high level of power right there.

Well he can't beat a morals off SS, i don't know about Kent...

#18 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

Could stop at Kent if not stops at SS

#19 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (459 posts) - - Show Bio

I made this topic with the hopes of understanding White Lantern better. I didn't know much about him. I figured he'd maybe beat Superman and Captain Marvel and stop at Kal Kent, but more likely he'd stalemate Superman. I am stunned that most people seem to say he'd beat Kal Kent and are about 50/50 on the Surfer! But I'd like to know WHY!? What are his feats? What has he done that makes him so incredibly powerful! Can anyone help me here?

#20 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I made this topic with the hopes of understanding White Lantern better. I didn't know much about him. I figured he'd maybe beat Superman and Captain Marvel and stop at Kal Kent, but more likely he'd stalemate Superman. I am stunned that most people seem to say he'd beat Kal Kent and are about 50/50 on the Surfer! But I'd like to know WHY!? What are his feats? What has he done that makes him so incredibly powerful! Can anyone help me here?

Yeah, seriously, what are his feats, people?

#21 Edited by Mrcurlychuck (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, in many ways, I'm not so sure he would get past Aquaman. In fact, I don't even think he could defeat a fly. This is a tough question, with a lot of aspects to consider.

1. The full power of a White Lantern is a mystery, one even Kyle is still trying to figure out himself. Thus, putting him up against other individuals whose powers are understood is difficult, HOWEVER...

2. One could gauge his power based on the fact that the white light is made up of each light of the emotional spectrum. Kyle himself displays this to Saint Walker in GLNG #20. So, Kyle could pick and choose which lights, their individual powers included, to use against his enemies. The question then, would be, how far would this take him; up to Captain Marvel, maybe? I can't see him getting much farther than that, BUT...

3. The hardest time I'm having with the question is what a White Lantern actually does with his/ her powers. The fact of the matter is that a White Lantern's power is based on Life, creation, and the combination of all emotion. Death is considered a weakness to a White Lantern and, along with destruction and the emptiness of emotion, would be the complete opposite effect of a White Lantern's power. I don't believe a White Lantern can kill or even cause harm to someone, because his power is Life itself. That being said, Kyle is still immensely powerful, just not in a manner of destructive force.

SPOILERS FOR GREEN LANTER #20

At the end of the issue Kyle is shown to have taken a position as a healer, who saves millions of creatures across the universe using the white light.

So, the original question of how powerful is the White Lantern remains unanswered in a way, but only because it is difficult to gauge by comparing him to the other listed individuals. Kyle's power should not be measured by his ability to fight and kill, but rather to heal and create.

#22 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Rayner is not some incredibly powerful god; his strength is that he has no weakness.

#23 Posted by ShadowHuntR (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, in many ways, I'm not so sure he would get past Aquaman. In fact, I don't even think he could defeat a fly. This is a tough question, with a lot of aspects to consider.

1. The full power of a White Lantern is a mystery, one even Kyle is still trying to figure out himself. Thus, putting him up against other individuals whose powers are understood is difficult, HOWEVER...

2. One could gauge his power based on the fact that the white light is made up of each light of the emotional spectrum. Kyle himself displays this to Saint Walker in GLNG #20. So, Kyle could pick and choose which lights, their individual powers included, to use against his enemies. The question then, would be, how far would this take him; up to Captain Marvel, maybe? I can't see him getting much farther than that, BUT...

3. The hardest time I'm having with the question is what a White Lantern actually does with his/ her powers. The fact of the matter is that a White Lantern's power is based on Life, creation, and the combination of all emotion. Death is considered a weakness to a White Lantern and, along with destruction and the emptiness of emotion, would be the complete opposite effect of a White Lantern's power. I don't believe a White Lantern can kill or even cause harm to someone, because his power is Life itself. That being said, Kyle is still immensely powerful, just not in a manner of destructive force.

SPOILERS FOR GREEN LANTER #20

At the end of the issue Kyle is shown to have taken a position as a healer, who saves millions of creatures across the universe using the white light.

So, the original question of how powerful is the White Lantern remains unanswered in a way, but only because it is difficult to gauge by comparing him to the other listed individuals. Kyle's power should not be measured by his ability to fight and kill, but rather to heal and create.

I would agree with you if Ganthet didn't say that all the Guardians would need a power-up to face him. Which means that Kyle's power >> All Guardians of the Universe together.

Ganthet still have very good feats putting him above SS.

I find that funny that SS was putted above Kal Kent when Kal would destroy Silver Surfer in a fight.

#24 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4413 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 11

#25 Posted by ShadowHuntR (496 posts) - - Show Bio

With the release of Green Lantern : New Guardians 24, I'd say he can deal with Galactus.

Kyle now controls the White light including the Entities : The Entity (Life), Ion (Willpower), Ophidian (Avarice), Adara (Hope), Predator (Love) and Proselyte (Compassion). I'd say even if they don't have any showings in the new 52 and they are in a weakened state, Kyle being above the Guardians make him a potential threats to Galactus and with the Entities, he probably can win it.

#26 Posted by DarkRaiden (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Thor. That energy absorption is a problem.

#27 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that works here. Doesn't the White Lantern ring have near limitless energy? Even more so, I don't think thor has ever absorbed anything near this powerful...

#28 Posted by DarkRaiden (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

I don't think that works here. Doesn't the White Lantern ring have near limitless energy? Even more so, I don't think thor has ever absorbed anything near this powerful...

He's absorbed and blocked galaxy spanning and universal spanning energy blasts/bombs. He should be able to manage. If anything, just keep on draining until it's gone. Or wait for Kyle to attack, drain it and send it back 10x or a hundred fold as he's done before.

#29 Posted by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

Energy absorption ain't doing jack. Blue + Green = Infinite charge.

#30 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

That list is all f*cked up....but he still stops at 11 no matter what.

#31 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4413 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Kyle blocked the Big Bang iirc, I haven't read 24 yet but I still think he stops at Odin, maybe 24 will convince me otherwise.

#32 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

This is hard. Particularly bcus the white lantern's power is more he can do this more so than he has done this. Though from common knowledge he should clear since he has infinite energy and access to all powers of the spectrum i.e Teleportation, Energy absorption Access to nigh unlimited power etc . Featwise the second person to be a white lantern (Hal Jordan) took down a galactus level foe (Nekron). Kyle should clear if you think about it but I'm not too sure. Research needs to be done. CIN.

#33 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

holy crap. thor beating white lantern kyle? myyy goodness. Read green lantern new guardians number 24!!!!! lol yeesh

#34 Edited by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

holy crap. thor beating white lantern kyle? myyy goodness.

Please, it's DarkRaiden. I've never seen him side with a DC character.

#35 Posted by pooty (11147 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how powerful Kyle is but some stats about mjolnir:

Mjolnir was destroyed while containing an explosion that would destroy 1/5 of the universe

Mjolnir was split when Thor wrapped Mjolnir in the belt of strength and blasted a Celestial armor

Is Kyle more powerful then these events?

#36 Posted by ShadowHuntR (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Yes. Kyle without being the White Lantern accomplished much more then these events.

Now, he controls the entire spectrum. Ganthet stated all the Guardians would need a MASSIVE boost to fight him. Last time I checked, Ganthet alone >>>>>> Thor. Ganthet could be a threat to Odin. I said COULD.

With the new comic that came out today, go read my last post and read the spoiler. It's definite proof that Kyle has this.

#37 Posted by pooty (11147 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

holy crap. thor beating white lantern kyle? myyy goodness.

Please, it's DarkRaiden. I've never seen him side with a DC character.

true. not that theres something wrong with that. but this is getting out of control.

#39 Posted by comic_book_fan (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at odin.

#40 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: However, The White Lantern should have infinite charge, and are vastly more powerful than any other lantern, beings who already have monstrous feats. And this is Kyle, the guy who at base contained the energy of the big bang and whose shields can survive the end of a solar system.

Even if thor tried to absorb, it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't deplete the ring, and there's no reason to think he could send it back at 10x or 100x when he hasn't shown reflecting things like that specifically.

Even assuming it could, there's no guarantee that would even hurt Kyle, let alone beat him.

#41 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll be posting scans of new guardians 24 shortly

#42 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll be posting scans of new guardians 24 shortly

I heard Kyle absorbs the entity in that. Scans should be good.

#43 Edited by DarkRaiden (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: However, The White Lantern should have infinite charge, and are vastly more powerful than any other lantern, beings who already have monstrous feats. And this is Kyle, the guy who at base contained the energy of the big bang and whose shields can survive the end of a solar system.

Even if thor tried to absorb, it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't deplete the ring, and there's no reason to think he could send it back at 10x or 100x when he hasn't shown reflecting things like that specifically.

Even assuming it could, there's no guarantee that would even hurt Kyle, let alone beat him.

one hundred fold and then 10x:

#45 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Oh ho, nice scans :D, but I take most of those as, "I'm adding my power to yours, take this". I don't see a reason he would just be able to absorb then dump anything he ever finds back at 100x, as that would just say he has no limits, and that he should never lose to anyone, ever.

If he can just amplify any power repeatedly by 100x, then he could just run his own power through indefinitely, and then blast the other person in the face, guaranteeing a win.

#46 Posted by DarkRaiden (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Oh ho, nice scans :D, but I take most of those as, "I'm adding my power to yours, take this". I don't see a reason he would just be able to absorb then dump anything he ever finds back at 100x, as that would just say he has no limits, and that he should never lose to anyone, ever.

If he can just amplify any power repeatedly by 100x, then he could just run his own power through indefinitely, and then blast the other person in the face, guaranteeing a win.

*shrug* don't ask me how it works. His words, seemingly accurate results. And as powerful as Thor is, he can't return any blast of Thanos, even a Thanosi at 100x. Kang at 10x either.

#47 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Where was the beast and paralax during kyles entity absorption. I know Nerkron is gone but what about them?

#49 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Where was the beast and paralax during kyles entity absorption. I know Nerkron is gone but what about them?

theyre looking for them right now

#50 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Meh, Not much in comics actually makes sense when you think about it lol