• 78 results
Edited 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: which character has the strongest punch? (141 votes)

Superman 13%
Thor 9%
Black Adam 1%
Sentry 6%
Hulk 17%
Juggernaut 7%
Doomsday 16%
Darksied 9%
Thanos 18%
Captain Marvel (shazam) 1%
Gladiator 1%
Solomon Grundy 1%

No super speed assisted punches. All the characters are hanging out at the local pub and see punching bag game that measures how hard you punch. After jawing back and fourth about who has the strongest punch they decide to bet beers on who will measure highest on a standing still punch. Breaking the machine is not possible.

#51 Posted by TifaLockhart (15025 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Doomsday, but I could see Thanos or Hulk being the correct choice instead.

#52 Edited by Bruticus112 (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know if I should've picked Supes or Thanos, so I picked Thanos, I heard he has smashed planets with nothing but brute strength (or also mass, if we're going into physics).

#53 Posted by IheartZombies92--defunct (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

Who actually voted for Grundy? Haha

#54 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

@iheartzombies92:

If you picked Doomsday you might as well have picked Grundy, there strength feats are close to the same.

#55 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly it should be hulk, then gladiator cuz gladiator has a feat where he one shotted a bunch of planet one after another. then the original drax the destroyer he has a similar feat, then superman. I've never seen thanos destroy a planet with one punch, I've seen him destroy a planet as the result of a battle.

#56 Posted by IheartZombies92--defunct (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78 Seriously? Grundy has superhuman strength, but he's that strong? The DC wiki states: "Solomon Grundy possesses tremendous strength and stamina, the level of which varies with his different incarnations. Sometimes, he can be held by a group of normal humans. On other occasions, even Superman has not been able to defeat him." So I guess it varies from version to version.

#57 Edited by TheAllOutBrawl (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: If you mean how punching power works, it comes from mass and acceleration. Speedsters like Flash hits hard because they are fast, and big, heavy brawlers like Hulk hit hard because they have a lot of mass and sometimes can throw their punches fast.

#58 Posted by dum529001 (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: If you mean how punching power works, it comes from mass and acceleration. Speedsters like Flash hits hard because they are fast, and big, heavy brawlers like Hulk hit hard because they have a lot of mass and sometimes can throw their punches fast.

True, although Hulk only weighs about as much as a car but hits like a nclear arsenal. That kind of power is not coming from his weight/mass/density. The density of his body simply keeps his limbs from shattering everytime he hits something with nuclear force. All of that power is due to great levels of acceleration/speed.

My question is, why are "speedsters" excluded from this contest when speed is necessary for maximum striking force?

#59 Edited by TheAllOutBrawl (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Yeah, his strong muscles does actially give him superhuman speed. A lot of Hulks power must come from his mass aswell though. I aint got a clue why you cant count in speed in who hits harder in this though...I mean without super speed Superman, and several others here wouldn't have enough mass to hit harder than a normal human.

#60 Posted by deathmedal (105 posts) - - Show Bio

probably Dooms day. Out of the superman archetypes, I would say Black Adam/SHAZAM. it appears they can amp up their punches with the power of zues/amon, and those punches were already superman level.

#61 Posted by MagnusTheMagnificent (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, by far.

His and Red She-Hulk's punch/collision actually destroyed as planet and vaporized some very durable people, by shockwaves/backlash alone.

The force necessary for that craps on pretty much anything either of the others on the list has done, as far as pure punching/no speed-amp goes.

LOL at those thinking Hulk's radiation emission adds anything to his striking power. That's not how radiation works, and if you look at the scan from WWH in this thread, it does NOTHING to the buildings and low-durability characters, whereas it should have melted them if it worked the way you're suggesting.

#62 Posted by HellionVulcan (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@xxgin said:

@doomnaut said:

Juggernaut gets my vote-

Thats Trion.

I'm sure we're using standard Juggernaut here.

If people can use world war hulk or whatever why can't others use trion ? as he'd be number 1 out of every one here easy .

#63 Posted by SlimJ87D (11677 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: World War Hulk is the current Hulk and has been for awhile now. He's actually Gravage Hulk if you read my post. But World War Hulk is the Hulk in the current storyline and has been a pretty consistent character for awhile now.

Trion juggernaut, which I don't doubt tops the chart, was like a one time thing. I just don't see the consistency.

#64 Edited by HellionVulcan (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@hellionvulcan: World War Hulk is the current Hulk and has been for awhile now. He's actually Gravage Hulk if you read my post. But World War Hulk is the Hulk in the current storyline and has been a pretty consistent character for awhile now.

Trion juggernaut, which I don't doubt tops the chart, was like a one time thing. I just don't see the consistency.

Even 8th day can be used & is still above Hulk & everyone else here lol .

#65 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if you use the grey hulk destroying an asteroid feat it still puts hulk at number 1 on the list

#66 Posted by NICK31898 (2240 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by ImaLoserForBeingHere (149 posts) - - Show Bio

The man who crushed superman's ribs with some punches gets my vote.(Doomsday)

#68 Posted by CEELO180 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday the only punch to ever kill superman

#69 Posted by fiodestromus (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk and Doomsday should probably own this in their constant showings of raw power

Accidently picked Sentry because I am drawing him right now

My mind:Oh its definitely Hulk or Doomsday...("pick sentry") oh yeah...what wait a minute...dang it

#70 Edited by GhostRavage (9855 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Falcon should be here... His punches were able to be seen outside the Galaxy...

Nonetheless, This is between Hulk and Thanos. Leaning towards Hulk.

EDIT! Take out Solomon Grundy... Put Skaar and give him 15 minutes of Old Strong charge on his punch... He would be tearing dimensions down like Trion.

#71 Posted by jojjimbo (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#72 Posted by thedevilhunter89 (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Legend has it that Deadpools fist can destroy planets.

#73 Posted by chris_t3258c0 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Starting to look like 4 person race with Hulk and Doomsday leading with Thanos and Supes on their heels.

#74 Posted by BatmanFan11 (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Hulk as they both have unlimited power including strength.

#75 Posted by jwalser3 (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk strangely.

#76 Posted by Bruticus112 (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but what is a Grundy doing here? Sure he packs a punch but seriously, he's far from the most powerful in this list (even though he f****ed up the entire Justice League all by himself).

#79 Edited by Luster77 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when Hulk broke Onslaughts armor??????

#80 Edited by Doomnaut (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Juggernaut

2. Hulk

3. Thanos