What street level can defeat Shadowland Daredevil?

MrJackAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By MrJackAss
@Buckshot said:
" @MrJackAss said:
" @Buckshot: I know this is a bit random, but Ghost Rider could beat Midnighter right?  Mr.J "
Yup, but Ghost Rider has been shown to reform from physical damage like I'm suggesting while DD hasn't. Just because DD somehow beat GR doesn't mean Midnighter couldn't beat him. There are too many factors in play for ABC logic to work.  "
I completely agree with you. I know Midnighter would beat Current DD, mainly for the reason you stated. As while this DD is most certainly above the power he formerly was, he is still lacking feats that would put him up to Midnighter's level.  

Going slightly off topic: I am confused as to how Ghost Rider has been diminished to a status in which DD is competing with him. I understand that this DD is much superior to the older one, but he has only proven himself against street levelers, not like the massively powerful demons Ghost Rider has taken down. 

Mr.J
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152  Edited By Wyldsong
@Buckshot said:

" @Wyldsong: How can you question if he was damaged at all? Do you think the blood on Wolverine's claws came from thin air? And as I've been saying, if he can be damaged (even if he heals from it) and he hasn't shown the durability to not get his head ripped off, then Midnighter can do it.  So DD took out a lot of people that ARE NOT MIDNIGHTER. Midnighter has taken down his own team and half of stormwatch by himself. Lots of things go into every fight.   And I maintain that grabbing Tarantula means very little. The man was his friend, didn't expect it, didn't fight back, trusted him, and was standing right behind him unaware of what was about to happen. You think it takes superhuman power to surprise someone? That DD couldn't have done the exact same thing normally to someone so totally unaware? Having speed and strength mean nothing if you don't use it, and BT didn't. He may be a 25 tonner, but he ways something like 200 pounds. Holding him by his neck is not impressive and throwing him a couple feet is not impressive. DD at no point had to contend with his strength directly in order to surprise him, hold him by his neck and toss him. Normal DD could do all that without issue, there's no reason to blow everything little thing out of proportion because he got a power up. Some things are impressive, but that was not. "Manhandling" a 25 tonner who doesn't know you and on top of that trusts you and doesn't fight back isn't a big deal.  Nothing you said about Iron Fist is new information. You spent a lot of scans to show that his iron fist is really awesome, but that's something i already said was an advantage for him. Yes, he's hung with Spider-Man, so what? Could he walk off a broken neck or a fist-sized hole through all the way through his chest? No, so his healing ability/endurance is below Midnighter's. Could he tank bullets or withstand a small spaceship landing on him directly? No, so his durability is below Midnighter's. Can Iron Fist (without chi) cripple 80ton and up bricks? No, so strength is below Midnighter's. Normal speed/reflexes may be close, but Midnighter gets the win there because he can see his opponent's moves first, which gives an undeniable advantage when reacting to someone. As for tactical ability, he may be smart, but Midnighter is built to see every move that can be made and every move his opponent is going to make and have plans upon plans to deal with it. Iron Fist isn't topping him in tactical ability. I'm not saying any of the people DD beat are bad or anything, but they're not quite Midnighter. Even the ones that approach his level aren't actually him. It's not even about him being out and out better, he just brings a different set of challenges to this fight than they do. "

You haven't actually shown me anything to say Midnighter can take Danny.  I have shown you durability, power, endurance, strength...advanced senses, speed (you want scans of Danny taking down a speedster, taking down Luke cage with non-chi powered kick?).  He took a train loaded with explosives head on, and you are still questioning his endurance (taking a blast that makes Hiroshima look like sparklers)? Really? He one shotted a freaking helicarrier...I think he has more than what it takes to give Midnighter a bad day. 

Yeah, not damaged at all as evidenced by the "LACK OF HOLES IN HIS CHEST".  Sure some blood came out with the claws, bound to happen, but again...no damage to be seen and Daredevil still fighting strong.

And this: 
 "Manhandling" a 25 tonner who doesn't know you and on top of that trusts you and doesn't fight back isn't a big deal"  

You think someone with known speed and reflexes and advanced strength, if he could truly fight back, is going to sit  there and take it because he trusts the guy? What?!?!    

He caught a guy with enough speed and the strength to beat Spider-Man nearly to death by surprise and you think that is nothing? Wow...  

Let's not even talk about GR wrapped in his own chain...and are you going to tell me that isn't impressive? 

Plain and simple:  Midnighter is not the one.  Walking around with a broken neck or hole in his chest, I still contest, Shadowland DD would not, I repeat not be taken out by him, and two, Iron Fist, stands more than a better chance against him.  And DD took out a group of people that would give Midnighter a bad day, especially by your own admission that Spider-Man is on Midnighter's level, Danny can go toe to toe with said Spider-Man, and Ghost Rider is above their levels.  Sure, Midnighter took down Stormwatch and half his own team...he took down people that ARE NOT SHADOWLAND DAREDEVIL. 

Now, can we agree to disagree, or do we have to keep dancing this dance?
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#153  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@MrJackAss said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @MrJackAss said:
" @Buckshot: I know this is a bit random, but Ghost Rider could beat Midnighter right?  Mr.J "
Yup, but Ghost Rider has been shown to reform from physical damage like I'm suggesting while DD hasn't. Just because DD somehow beat GR doesn't mean Midnighter couldn't beat him. There are too many factors in play for ABC logic to work.  "
I completely agree with you. I know Midnighter would beat Current DD, mainly for the reason you stated. As while this DD is most certainly above the power he formerly was, he is still lacking feats that would put him up to Midnighter's level.  

Going slightly off topic: I am confused as to how Ghost Rider has been diminished to a status in which DD is competing with him. I understand that this DD is much superior to the older one, but he has only proven himself against street levelers, not like the massively powerful demons Ghost Rider has taken down.  Mr.J "
I'm sure a good bit of it is just to serve the plot somehow and to draw in readers by involving someone like Ghost Rider. Money drives everything. It's also to build up DD's cred. If he can take on Ghost Rider, regardless of how, he's more serious (it also adds to his mystical rep since GR has major backing in that area) and GR just has to suffer by being taken down a peg. High showings for one character often come with low showings for another.
MrJackAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By MrJackAss
@Buckshot said:
" @MrJackAss said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @MrJackAss said:

Going slightly off topic: I am confused as to how Ghost Rider has been diminished to a status in which DD is competing with him. I understand that this DD is much superior to the older one, but he has only proven himself against street levelers, not like the massively powerful demons Ghost Rider has taken down.  Mr.J "
I'm sure a good bit of it is just to serve the plot somehow and to draw in readers by involving someone like Ghost Rider. Money drives everything. It's also to build up DD's cred. If he can take on Ghost Rider, regardless of how, he's more serious (it also adds to his mystical rep since GR has major backing in that area) and GR just has to suffer by being taken down a peg. High showings for one character often come with low showings for another. "
That statement is unfortunately too true. 

Mr.J
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Wyldsong: Lol, when did this become about Iron Fist? You have shown me stats that don't match up to Midnighter's. Danny can catch speedsters all day if he wants, Midnighter has done it too. Him hurting Luke Cage (25 tonner) doesn't give him greater strength than Midnighter either. Yes, he hit a train with his iron fist in the border of his mystical dimension. I already know his iron fist is powerful. He could mess Midnighter up...if he got a solid hit off. That kind of thing gets hard when your opponent knows what you're going to do and is just as fast as you if not faster. Also, Danny is not going to be looking to kill Midnighter and not expecting Midnighter to be going for a kill shot from the start. Makes things a little tricky. Midnighter is not going to have to deal with IF's best hits because IF won't use them thinking he'll kill Midnighter. Midnighter won't pull his punches and IF's spine will fall out of his back. 

DD having a healing factor does not necessarily mean he can fight without a head and you've got nothing to suggest otherwise at this point. 

Why would BT fight back? He trusts Matt who is known to be a brutal guy and to overreact (and how many of his friends did he kill/pretend to kill to get to that point, major trust was earned). The whole ordeal was over in a second or two anyway. It's not like BT had much time to do anything while getting over the shock of it since he clearly didn't expect it. It's not hard to catch someone by surprise. DD has been doing it all his life. He's a pro at fast and stealthy movement. I don't think it's nothing, just nothing new. 

I thought we weren't going to talk about it? 

You can continue to say DD can fight without his head, but you have no evidence to support that claim. 
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Wyldsong
@Buckshot said:

You can continue to say DD can fight without his head, but you have no evidence to support that claim.  "

Wait, one thing.  Show me where I said this? Please, I beg of you, give me that exact wording where I stated this.  I stated I doubt the ability to even truly damage him.  I have given you plenty to show Midnighter is not the one.  You refuse to see it, instead quoting the same rhetoric.  Not going to argue with the brick wall.  So believe what you want. 

Why would BT fight back?" 

Oh, I don't know, getting held in a choke hold and having your wind pipe sufficiently closed to the point of only being able to make a "ungh" sound, especially after questioning DD and asking him if he was out of his mind...sure, no reason at all to fight back.  I thinks it's plenty, you don't, we each see the glass a different way.   I doubt regular DD could have pulled that off on Black Tarantula, you think otherwise.

He could mess Midnighter up...if he got a solid hit off. That kind of thing gets hard when your opponent knows what you're going to do and is just as fast as you if not faster.

Glad you brought this up: 

No Caption Provided

I'd have to contend that if he can outmaneuver and trick a telepath (someone who is inside your brain reading your direct thoughts and actions), he could trick a combat computer, but hey, you believe what you want.  Dodging bullets point blank, avoiding hits from Spidey, tagging speedsters...whose to say Midnighter can even get that hit off? Even taking a blast on another plane is an incredible feat.  I think speed, chi, and his general "awesomeness" give him a better chance than you give him credit for, and I think you are truly downplaying what Shadowland DD can and has done. 

And let's stop talking about a decapitation shot...maybe I should have stated this position before, but I find the one shot kill argument to be weak in any case...and anything I say further would be me repeating my rhetoric...of which I know I have had some in this debate (you are not alone - see, I even put this in bold).  Shadowland DD has taken down more than enough people to show he is a contender.  Be it Marvel just trying to build him up by knocking others down a peg or not, he officially has the showings in canon for all to see.

" I thought we weren't going to talk about it? " 

Yeah, I just mentioned I was being argumentative earlier, then I finally asked if we can agree to disagree, and you kept going...so here we are=) 

Look, don't get me wrong and all this arguing wrong.  I see and understand what you are saying, and I will even say that you put up enough of an argument to make me, the guy who hates to go to scans do just that.  So I at least respect you to enough to not blow you off with just links (like I often do in Dr. Manhattan arguments).  I just have seen enough in all of these to convince me of my position (scans for all of my arguments), and I feel there is enough in my corner for a hefty argument, like you feel there is in yours.  So, for one, don't walk away from this thinking you have something to prove, and also don't think you can change my mind, and also, please do not take anything I have said as an attack.  Yes, I am flabbergasted a bit (hence use of the word freaking and maybe a sharp comment here and there), but I don't want this to fall out of the realm of nothing more than it actually is...a way to pass the time and debate.  I tip my hat to you. 

**Edit Note - Actually a thought to add...since you asked why he was being argued - Iron Fist was being argued because of what I felt was a comment that downplayed him a bit.  The argument was to show he is a lot more than he was being given credit for, and to give a better idea of just what Shadowland DD has taken on.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Wyldsong: I've been saying Midnighter could take his head off from the beginning and you've been saying he couldn't and that even if he could, physical damage wouldn't do it and that it would require something mystical. You said DD could recover from whatever Midnighter could throw out, and I've been saying that Midnighter could deliver decapitation. You've also argued that we can't say that decapitation wouldn't stop him. No, you did not at any point say exactly what I said, in what you quoted, but the overall message you've been sending is that Midnighter breaking off his head would not be enough. 

I knew you were going to come at me with the Mr.X fight, I should have just responded to that before. Putting aside for a second the idiocy of a practiced fighting style being completely unpredictable, even to its user, Midnighter does not work like Taskmaster. He sees what's going to happen for a variety of reasons. He can see what IF is planning to do as well as what he's likely to do. Even if he suddenly can't see what he's planning on doing next (which I don't believe would happen btw) he'd still know what IF would do. Also, Midnighter has shown that he knows what his enemy will do before they know, meaning he doesn't rely on any warning, not even the person's own awareness. His ability to predict what comes next is greater than Mr. X's even if we consider the fight in question. And Midnighter can get the hit off because he can dodge bullets at point blank and hit speedsters too. He's consistently dodged a living laser beam capable of changing direction to come after him that was never out of an arm's reach of him. That's pretty quick.  

DD has taken down more than enough people that don't bring to this fight what Midnighter does.  

You said you weren't going to talk about something in the same line you talked about it. Don't try to say I'm continuing that. You continued it before I got a chance. 

I wasn't downplaying Iron Fist. The majority of his showings put him at inferior to Midnighter save for his Iron Fist. All that you've done to puff him up has fallen in line with what I said before. I even gave you a head to head comparison for some areas like strength, durability, and whatever else it was and IF falls short. And DD did not take on Iron Fist using the Iron Fist in the scans you provided so saying Midnighter can't take those hits doesn't matter since DD didn't have to either. DD fought a lot of people but did anyone try to take his head off? That's fairly common practice for Midnighter and he has the ability to do it and there's nothing to say it won't kill DD like it would kill plenty of other characters with his level of healing ability.
DocJude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By DocJude
@Buckshot: man, nobody cares about Midnighter's ringer ass. He's A WALKING TALKING PLOT DEVICE. Neither is he "street level". 
 Go somewhere else and start a "nobody with a head can't get it knocked off by Midnighter!" thread. This isn't the place...
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Wyldsong
@Buckshot:  " I knew you were going to come at me with the Mr.X fight, I should have just responded to that before. Putting aside for a second the idiocy of a practiced fighting style being completely unpredictable, even to its user, Midnighter does not work like Taskmaster. He sees what's going to happen for a variety of reasons. He can see what IF is planning to do as well as what he's likely to do. Even if he suddenly can't see what he's planning on doing next (which I don't believe would happen btw) he'd still know what IF would do. Also, Midnighter has shown that he knows what his enemy will do before they know, meaning he doesn't rely on any warning, not even the person's own awareness. His ability to predict what comes next is greater than Mr. X's even if we consider the fight in question. And Midnighter can get the hit off because he can dodge bullets at point blank and hit speedsters too. He's consistently dodged a living laser beam capable of changing direction to come after him that was never out of an arm's reach of him. That's pretty quick.  " 

Yes, Midnighter does not work like Taskmaster.  Nor does Mr. X.  He is TELEPATH.  Taskmaster is not.  Regardless of whatever you find to be idiocy, what was done is done, and if he can outmaneuver a telepath, he can trick a combat computer that is not as intimate as telepathy.  But you want to contest that point, so again whatever...let's remember that telepathy does not rely on warning, because Mr. X reads an opponents mind.  All you have done is shown that Midnighter can match Danny in speed, and Danny apparently can trick a telepath, which you don't find impressive...sigh... 

DD has taken down more than enough people that don't bring to this fight what Midnighter does.

Yes they do, but apparently we need Supes in here to take down Midnighter in your mind. 

You said you weren't going to talk about something in the same line you talked about it. Don't try to say I'm continuing that. You continued it before I got a chance." 

Here you are arguing to argue, and now I can no longer tip my hat to you, because this statement is just silly.   

How many posts have I ended with statements akin to "we aren't going to agree, why argue", and you keep pressing the issue (and believe it or not, not pressing the issue does not equal defeat): 

" I don't think any argument is going to get us anywhere on any front. " 
"
Again, my point is, we don't have enough showings, and after reading Vance's statement and considering it, I am sorry I even chimed in here.  I don't think there is enough intel for a case for a lot of characters at this point.  Let's come back after we know more, and hash it out then, alright? You aren't changing my mind, and I am not changing yours at this point." 
" Now, can we agree to disagree, or do we have to keep dancing this dance?" 
" Yes, I am flabbergasted a bit (hence use of the word freaking and maybe a sharp comment here and there), but I don't want this to fall out of the realm of nothing more than it actually is...a way to pass the time and debate.  I tip my hat to you. "
 FYI - I tip my hat to you is an ending, closing statement, a desire to no longer debate.
Hell, I even defended you on page 7 of this thread...but I guess that is truly neither here nor there.

I've been saying Midnighter could take his head off from the beginning and you've been saying he couldn't and that even if he could, physical damage wouldn't do it and that it would require something mystical. You said DD could recover from whatever Midnighter could throw out, and I've been saying that Midnighter could deliver decapitation. You've also argued that we can't say that decapitation wouldn't stop him. No, you did not at any point say exactly what I said, in what you quoted, but the overall message you've been sending is that Midnighter breaking off his head would not be enough. " 

I know what I said.  I implicitly stated I doubted DDs ability to take damage, and that yes, something mystical will probably be required.  And thanks for pointing out that I did in fact, not say whatever it was you quoted.  Again, you are now arguing just to argue. 

I wasn't downplaying Iron Fist. The majority of his showings put him at inferior to Midnighter save for his Iron Fist. All that you've done to puff him up has fallen in line with what I said before. I even gave you a head to head comparison for some areas like strength, durability, and whatever else it was and IF falls short. And DD did not take on Iron Fist using the Iron Fist in the scans you provided so saying Midnighter can't take those hits doesn't matter since DD didn't have to either. DD fought a lot of people but did anyone try to take his head off? That's fairly common practice for Midnighter and he has the ability to do it and there's nothing to say it won't kill DD like it would kill plenty of other characters with his level of healing ability." 

Want me to play the tape again of what you said:     Iron Fist is physically inferior except for his chi punch and also lacks the tactical advantage and healing ability. 

That is downplaying the character, and I have done nothing to "puff him up".  I gave you his showings, I gave you the reasonings, and you walk off the path ignoring it all.  You gave me comparison, I threw it right back bub. 

At this point, I have tried to break off a few times now, even trying to agree to disagree, but you have some inane need to prove me wrong, or get me to admit that you are right.  You have done neither, and I will tell you the same thing, regardless of what you think you know.  You know my stance, I know yours.  I can live with yours, I asked if we can agree to disagree a few times, tried "tipping my hat" to you, and you cannot back off gracefully, and feel some weird compulsion to further the attack. 

If me coming on strong caused this to begin with, well I tried explaining to you in the hopes of slowing this roll, but here we are again.  I come on strong, but I don't think I have been personally insulting, and if you feel I have, then I apologize (I still don't agree with you, make no mistake there though).  We aren't agreeing.  We see it differently.  Leave it be, because you are doing nothing other than furthering a case of the "blind fanatic stance", especially when pressing the issue after the other party has stated that we aren't going to agree.  we are running cyclic arguments, we are acting the part of the proverbial hamster on the wheel, and we are not gaining any ground.  We aren't.  Period.  End of story.

You aren't changing my stance.  You haven't given me anything to make me even consider changing my stance, and have now started changing this from a debate to something else entirely.  Yes, I responded to you here, bring that up if you must, but the third thing I quoted of yours irked me, and was what truly prompted this response (hey, I'm only human).   

Really, I am done here with you.  Now, back off gracefully, or prove what I have said further and feel you need to prove a point, or, "shake" my hand, tell me you still disagree, and just leave it be.  No one will think any less of you, and I won't take it as a sign of defeat in any way, shape or form. 

Now, can we agree to disagree once and for all?
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Wyldsong
@DocJude said:

" @Buckshot: man, nobody cares about Midnighter's ringer ass. He's A WALKING TALKING PLOT DEVICE. Neither is he "street level".   Go somewhere else and start a "nobody with a head can't get it knocked off by Midnighter!" thread. This isn't the place... "

After all of this, I really have no desire to ever read anything with that character.  No offense to anyone who likes him (that includes you as well Buckshot - okay, so now I am done, sue me=P ). 

Yeah, so enough of this, for it is bed time.  Good night all...
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#161  Edited By spidey 15
@ckal said:
" @spidey 15: 

This is not direct to you but i have debated this many times and it started to get a bit annoying to do it again.

Not a problem. I don't feel like dragging this out either, partly because (no offense) I don't think you really have a good case here( from what we have seen so far, things could change with Shadowland #5), and partly because there just isn't a lot of definitive info to go off of right now.

Iron Fist being defensive and not offensive does not take away his reflexes. He was already focused to fight. When you are focused, you are ready to dodge. Danny was ready because he knew that DD was different and since DD sent his ninjas to attack them, obviously they were ready for an attack from DD. 
Danny managed to block only 2 hits, no more than that. DD manage to hit him. And seeing the panel where he was going to kill DD, the way that the artist made it, it seemed that DD used his super speed to tag him. If Danny wasn't able to block a 3rd hit, i highly doubt he would be able to counter another attack from DD that moved super humanly fast. 
Also, why the writer would use spidey to save Danny, if Danny was able to dodge him?

True, they were ready to fight the ninjas, and prepared to fight DD as well if they had to. Iron Fist has been hit many times before, so the fact that DD managed to tag him is not impressive. It also by no means indicates that he would beat Danny because he connected on one hit. Like I previously said, there is no indication that he could he killed Danny there. He was certainly trying to, and he was moving fast, but it shows nothing else. We also saw that Danny didn't even attempt to attack DD, so we don't know if he could have tagged DD as well.  It is also your opinion and speculation that Spidey "saved" Danny. These confrontations have been all out battles all around, and people have been shown to be fighting many enemies at once and many different enemies. It seems very chaotic (I'm really enjoying the action scenes the last couple issues), and everyone is just attacking everyone they see. The heroes also know that DD is the biggest threat, so why not attack him whenever possible, especially taking him by surprise?

Dodging a hit and at the same time graping your opponent's arm with your legs and while doing a back flip, he kicking him on the ground, it shows an improvement in DD's skills IMO. Also the way you attack shows some skills. Maybe that's why DD was able to hit Danny after blocking 2 hits from DD. I guess he was skilled and fast enough to do it. 
 If DD really wanted, he could kill spidey. He has many ways to do it. So i guess he just didn't go all out against him.

We both are in agreement that this was impressive. Shang-Chi is no slouch and defeated him with the apparent utmost ease. There's no question also that SL DD is fast and skilled enough to tag Danny, or any street leveler in the MU for that matter. I strongly disagree with the bolded statement. What evidence do you have of this? Also, I have serious doubt that DD was not going all out against Spidey. Like I said, DD has been shown to pretty much fight blood lusted at all times. He has been trying to kill, and has ordered his Hand ninjas to kill all of the heroes as well. There is no reason why Spidey would be a random exception to this.

I didn't mention that as skill feat obviously. It was an amazing feat in terms of immunity to this kind of damage. 
Again, Logan being shocked it does not say much. Logan knew that DD was different, so i don't see how that would affect his reaction time. So yes, it's impressive, that and the fact the he hurt him with that hit.

Right. It is clear to see that SL DD has nowhere near human level durability, and far surpasses it. Like I said previously, we don't even know if SL DD can be harmed (never mind killed) by any conventional non plot-induced ways. Being shocked absolutely affects your reaction time. 'Shock and awe.' You aren't ready to react. It is clear to see it on Wolverine's face, and he even says that it "is not possible." I will concede that it is pretty impressive DD is strong enough to knock Wolverine that far and seemingly takes him out of the fight (whether it was the punch, hitting the pillar, or both combined), I don't think we see him the rest of the issue. I'm sure we will see next issue what the result of that is.

If DD unleashed that power without moving, then he would be in the same position as the heroes held him while he would unleash that power. But seeing the different position that he had while he was unleashing that power, he obviously moved. Not that it matter because this is a power feat, nothing more.

You are right, he obviously moved. But to me at least, it makes most sense he moved after, or even while he was unleashing that power. Since they are pictures and not motion, we can't tell for sure obviously so it is left to interpretation.

You missed nothing important.

OK.

Btw, you have seen the above image, right? 
It seems that DD has actually beaten/KO them. 
=]  

The one where all the heroes look defeated? Yeah. What is that? The guy said Daredevil #511 but didn't that already come out? Either way, I guess we will see the outcome in Shadowland #5! There is also a cover (I think) where Ghost Rider is standing over DD who is on the ground, and there is a variant (for issue 5) where Ghost Rider and DD are duking it out. If this happens in the coming issues (which is certainly a strong possibility and one I would not be surprised with) I will personally tell you that you were right (or you happened to guess correctly =P  ) but until then!.... Btw, did it look like DD is sort of transforming into more of a beast and less human? His hands/arms seemed to change a bit at the end of issue 4. "
1) Ok. 

2) It's not impressive that DD manage to tag Luke. The impressive thing is that he managed to do it after Danny was capable of blocking 2 hits. There is not doubt that Danny could block more but imo, that fact that DD's skills have improved, then he should be able to attack in a way that Danny would not be able to block. But even if that wasn't the reason that Danny was tagged, then it seems that DD could use even more speed in order to prevent Danny from blocking. Then it shows either a speed feat( DD use more speed in order to tag someone who blocked his previous hits ) or a skill feat( to tag someone in a way that he would not be able to block ). I know that Danny was not fighting back. But that was not the point i was trying to make. I didn't say that DD has beaten Danny, i was just saying that he was fast or skilled enough to tag him, after Danny managed to block 2 of his attacks. Ok, i'll concede. Maybe DD would be able to kill Danny, maybe not. We can not be sure. But we can still see an improvement to his speed and skill. 

3) My evidence on this, is DD's skills( killing nerve strikes. I guess it's difficult to be successful with this kind of attacks against someone with Spidey's speed but you never know ). His weapons equipment( see his wrist blade. One attack with this weapon and logically Pete should be dead. It won't be easy of course ). His power. Seeing how he unleashed this kind of power that it was enough to hurt Luke Cage and that this is not the limit of DD's power. Then i guess a good use of Beast's power and spidey would die. But this is only speculation so forget the last part. Also there is no need to debate that since DD has already beaten/KO them all of them including spidey. 

4) Logan already knew that DD has changed. So being shocked by that, shouldn't make him to let his guard down. But i never argued that this was a speed feat for Logan. Normal DD has hit him before and he has also been hit by slower people. So i don't think either that tagging Logan is an impressive feat for DD. I only argued about his healing/durability and strength. 

5) Ok, i will agree with that. 

6) =] 

7) Yeah, it came out. It was after the Shadowland #4. Obviously it shows the results of their fight. I guess they will fight again, but there is no doubt that the heroes were defeated. 

Yeah, it seems that DD became more of a beast. Even his horns have become longer...lol 
=P
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By ckal
@spidey 15:  Nice debating with you, but I think we're basically done here. I just want to add two points though....

1) I agree it seems DD's skills may have have increased. His speed surely has as well (whether it is a direct result of his speed, idk).

2) Even though Wolverine knew DD has changed, they haven't seen him shrug off a mortal wound with no effects. This is the first time he would have witnessed this, never mind first hand. So I think it is fair he would have been shocked and let his guard down, allowing an easy opening for DD.

AND THREE

3) You told me I missed nothing important! Lies. Now I gotta read Daredevil #511...haha.
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By grimlock
@Wyldsong:  guess u have ur answer. Midnighter is above shadowland DD in all dimensions he is a deliberate battle machine and yes he would kill DD easily
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By spidey 15
@ckal: Yeah, i enjoy debating with you Ckal. You always make good points.  

1) =] 

2) I'll agree with this but as i said, Logan has been hit by DD before when he didn't have these powers. So i doubt that Logan's guard being down was the main reason that he was tagged. 

3) LOL, Sorry. 
=]
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#165  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

MIDNIGHTER ISN'T EVEN A STREET LEVELER....

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By spidey 15
@Vance Astro said:
" MIDNIGHTER ISN'T EVEN A STREET LEVELER.... "
LOL, YOU ARE RIGHT!
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ckal
@spidey 15: 

Thanks, you too.

2) Yeah, though I'm sure we can agree it was definitely one of the factors. Alright no more, I'm done.
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By grimlock
@Buckshot:  i concur. the logic here is not linear its contextual. Midnighter has a set of abilities DD has never dealt with. DD would put up a pretty convincing fight but he cant beat Midnighter. not in a thousand lifetimes
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By spidey 15
@ckal said:
" @spidey 15:   Thanks, you too.  2) Yeah, though I'm sure we can agree it was definitely one of the factors. Alright no more, I'm done. "
Of course. 
=]
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@progenitor said:
"
I'm still going with Albert Wesker.  

"
NOT STREET LEVEL...
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By grimlock

LOL! so many Midnighter haterz in here. i think its just a case of sour grapes midnighter is an awesome concept (except for the gay part...no offence) he has shown what he's capable of and he's a threat to both marvel and DC costumed fetishists

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Wyldsong
@grimlock said:
" @Wyldsong:  guess u have ur answer. Midnighter is above shadowland DD in all dimensions he is a deliberate battle machine and yes he would kill DD easily "
Um...have you even read anything I said? No, no and no.  But hey, we don't have to agree, and I am not arguing this anymore.  Had enough of that yesterday=P
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ThaMessenger07

Ryu......He could so do it......

No Caption Provided
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#174  Edited By karrob

Since its agreed that Midnighter is probably the only street leveler that can beat DD i have a question. Does his battle computer work effectively against mystical or magical entities? 

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@karrob:  Yeah I am pretty sure it does....
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@karrob said:
"Since its agreed that Midnighter is probably the only street leveler that can beat DD i have a question. Does his battle computer work effectively against mystical or magical entities?  "

He's not a street leveler.....
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@Vance Astro:  Agreed! You don't punch you Hubby who is a real powerhouse through a bunch of walls and be considered the type of hero to be fighting mobsters.......
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#178  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

How can one thread be filled with so much fail?
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By FinalStar86
@k4tzm4n:  YOU'RE BACK !! /hugs
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@FinalStar86 said:
" @k4tzm4n:  YOU'RE BACK !! /hugs "

LOL.  Hey, don't get your hopes up.  I stop by every now and then for a PM or two, but after seeing so much...stupidity...in the battles thread, I just had to comment.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I mean, (no offense to the OP) the entire premise of this thread is to debate about a character who we don't even have a full understanding of yet, nor are we even close to understanding his limits.  Then, there's extensive debates about characters who aren't even street level.  *facepalm*
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

@k4tzm4n said:
"I mean, (no offense to the OP) the entire premise of this thread is to debate about a character who we don't even have a full understanding of yet, nor are we even close to understanding his limits.  Then, there's extensive debates about characters who aren't even street level.  *facepalm* "

Breathe. 
Ignore. 
Move on.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jake Fury:

LOL.  I've moved on... You know where to find me :P
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By FinalStar86
@k4tzm4n said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @k4tzm4n:  YOU'RE BACK !! /hugs "
LOL.  Hey, don't get your hopes up.  I stop by every now and then for a PM or two, but after seeing so much...stupidity...in the battles thread, I just had to comment. "
I really hope you aren't considering pulling a Creator and Morpheus and leaving the battle forums, we already lost enough good users and gained 10 not so good one's in exchange
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

@k4tzm4n said:
"@Jake Fury: LOL.  I've moved on... You know where to find me :P "

Ack! I meant somewhere on CV. That other website doesn't agree with my work computer. ;-)
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By progenitorigin
@Vance Astro said:
" @progenitor said:
"
I'm still going with Albert Wesker.  

"
NOT STREET LEVEL... "

WELL HE STARTED OFF AS ONE.
DocJude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By DocJude

BTW, when DD hit Logan, he broke that pillar he (Logan) hit. Buckled it. That hints to some serious strength

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Wyldsong
@k4tzm4n said:

" I mean, (no offense to the OP) the entire premise of this thread is to debate about a character who we don't even have a full understanding of yet, nor are we even close to understanding his limits.  Then, there's extensive debates about characters who aren't even street level.  *facepalm* "

And I apologize for my part in that.  You are right, an extensive debate did spring up, one that had no true bearing on the topic at hand, and I should have followed through with one of my earlier statements and just backed out of it,and followed through with this train of thought.  I honestly got a little hot headed and let myself get sucked in.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Wyldsong:
No need to apologize.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#190  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Wyldsong: No need to apologize. "
Um....

Just wanna know. Would you consider Cyber or Samurai Jack SLCs?
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Wyldsong
@k4tzm4n said:
Being a participant, I just felt the need to say something, but I do thank you=) 
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@DocJude said:

"@Buckshot: man, nobody cares about Midnighter's ringer ass. He's A WALKING TALKING PLOT DEVICE. Neither is he "street level".   Go somewhere else and start a "nobody with a head can't get it knocked off by Midnighter!" thread. This isn't the place... "

The man asked a question. How would Midnigher beat DD. I just answered and supported my statement. By knocking his head off. You obviously care to some degree otherwise you would have just ignored me. I wish you had.

@Wyldsong:

My mistake, I meant to say Mr. X (I figure you could put that together though), dunno why Tasky was on the brain. The sentence should read "Midnighter does not work like Mr. X." Danny being able to trick a telepath is not impressive when he's not fighting a telepath. You can say telepathy is more intimate if you want, but it doesn't make it better than Midnighter's combat computer. It actually makes it worse in this case because a telepath is limited by knowing only what his enemy knows. Midnighter knows more than that. it may be more "intimate" but it's limited in scope. Maybe it's too close to Danny's brain to see beyond it like a combat computer can. Real talk, do you actually think something that knows what you're going to do before you decide to do it is inferior to something that knows what you're going to do only as you decide to do it?

Why is what I said downplaying the character? Is my statement incorrect? You have not shown Iron Fist to match Midnighter physically without chi. The chi powers are impressive but that's the area I said Iron Fist had the advantage anyway. You have not shown his tactical ability to be on the level of someone that can accurately predict the moves of a million combatants at once. You have also failed to show Iron Fist posessing healing ability that matches Midnighter's. I don't see what I said that was wrong. The only thing that might have been was speed in the physical department, but iron Fist being on Midnighter speed level is offset by the combat computer which would give midnighter an added advantage when it comes to out-reacting his opponent. "Puff up" may have been the wrong term, how about "restore to the place you think he deserves". I would actually like an answer to this. How was what I was saying inaccurate? In terms of the physical, has Iron Fist consistently shown to be able to heal "fatal" attacks? Has he consistently shown the ability to hurt 80 tonners and up without his fist? Has he shown the level of durability that Midnighter has? If i have an inaccurate view of Iron Fist I'd like to know, but I don't think he matches up to Midnighter physically. 

You don't need Supes, but DD has not displayed the durability, speed or strength to overcome Midnighter at this point and he has not displayed the ability to either withstand his neck being broken off (since he has shown he can still take damage) or fight without it. I've continued this because I want not to agree with you, but to understand your justification for your views because it simply doesn't make sense to me that you're basing your stance off of something that hasn't been proven when examples of other characters with the same healing factor don't support it. For me to agree to disagree I have to understand your reasoning and I don't. You said we understand each other's stances, but I don't get yours.

We can be done if you want, but I'd appreciate if you answered my questions about Iron Fist (including the Mr.X one) and why you're more comfortable basing your opinion of DD's abilities on things that haven't been shown than what would be in line with the majority of characters (even many supernatural ones) with a similar healing ability. If you want to be really nice, you could make an Iron Fist/Midnighter thread where we can continue to discuss their physical abilities instead of doing it here, but I'll leave that up to you.

@grimlock: 
   Contextual, not linear, I like that.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Buckshot: 

What thread was that Hyperion paragraph at?

I really want to use it.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@TheCerealKillz said:
" @Buckshot:   What thread was that Hyperion paragraph at?  I really want to use it. "

What Hyperion paragraph?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@TheCerealKillz said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
Um....  Just wanna know. Would you consider Cyber or Samurai Jack SLCs? "
Classic Cyber is tough to classify, however I'd place him above street level due to his extremely high durability and other abilities allowing him to compete with the likes of Strong Guy, classic Havok, etc.  I don't follow Samurai Jack.

@Wyldsong said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
Being a participant, I just felt the need to say something, but I do thank you=)  "

You're welcome.  it's more than clear current DD is well beyond any street-leveler.  he was just fine and dodging Punisher after Wolverine dug 6 claws right into his chest.  He was also too fast for Iron Fist and Shang Chi combined. What more do people need? 

@Jake Fury
said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@Jake Fury: LOL.  I've moved on... You know where to find me :P "
Ack! I meant somewhere on CV. That other website doesn't agree with my work computer. ;-) "

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about. . . . . . . 

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By progenitorigin

Aside from my initial vote of Albert Wesker, i'd also toss out names like Black Crow, who uses various mystical powers derived from the Earth spirit, having soundly beaten Captain America in the past--although it led them to becoming friends.  Constrictor most likely wouldn't defeat DD, but I think he's underrated nonetheless, similarly to Crossbones.  Jason Todd, I think, could cause DD trouble, after seeing the battle between Todd & Wayne.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Buckshot said:
" @TheCerealKillz said:
" @Buckshot:   What thread was that Hyperion paragraph at?  I really want to use it. "
What Hyperion paragraph? "
That one that that fanboy wrote.

"Hyperion took TOAA, The Pressence, and all of the other characters in the Dc and Marvel U at the same time. He is the most greatest character to ever be created"

@k4tzm4n:
So do you think he would do good against this DD?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@TheCerealKillz said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @TheCerealKillz said:
What Hyperion paragraph? "
That one that that fanboy wrote.

"Hyperion took TOAA, The Pressence, and all of the other characters in the Dc and Marvel U at the same time. He is the most greatest character to ever be created"

You might be thinking of Hyperstorm and if so, the paragraph might still exist in one of the threads on his forum. I'm pretty sure I posted it before I deleted the foolishness. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@TheCerealKillz:
Unlikely.  Clearly, Daredevil is virtually immune to physical damage (as seen from being perfectly fine by after a clearly fatal strike from Wolverine).  While Cyber wouldn't be easy to drop, Daredevil's speed/strength enhancements should allow him to dish out damage to Cyber's weak points (face & jugular).  Cyber's only chance would be the hallucinogens he can apply through his adamantium claws, but I'd imagine The Beast is immune to those.  In short, Cyber might knock him around a bit, but he's bringing nothing that we haven't already seen Daredevil easily recover from.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#200  Edited By Mercy_

Is he really that much of a beast?