#1 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

These are all at their best.

Grandmaster Jedi: Luke Skywalker

Mace Windu
Grandmaster Jedi: Yoda
























#2 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine guy from the books.

#3 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi Wan, Darth Vader and General Grievous

#4 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader, Kenobi, Palpatine

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Each one of these at their best will beat Palpatine.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller maybe

#7 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

But I don't think of anyone that's ever been stronger than Luke.

I'm after this book: I, Jedi. This is from...

During the Battle of Yuuzhan'tar Luke was described as a maelstrom of Force energy, against which there was no shelter. So calm and focused was he that his actions were not interrupted by any thought. Luke merged with the Force to such a degree that the Jedi Master did not seem to be there, physically or as an individual personality. Luke's control over his lightsaber blade was so great that he was said to might as well have been wielding ten, or twenty lightsabers against the Vong. The Solo twins were astounded seeing their uncle in such a state.

Obi Wan, yes I could see him going good against Mace, possible Yoda.

#8 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Starkiller maybe"

No, all these will eradicate him with ease.
#9 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
"Nobody said:
"Starkiller maybe"

No, all these will eradicate him with ease."
How do you figure?
#10 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"Palpatine guy from the books."
Not even close.  GM Luke would devastate him.

Midnightist said:
"Obi Wan, Darth Vader and General Grievous"
Nope, GM Luke could take them all on, Yoda could beat any of them one one one and so could Mace.

Psysis said:
"Vader, Kenobi, Palpatine"
Gm Luke destroys Palpatine, Yoda stomps Vader, and Mace dominates Kenobi.
#11 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Nihilus, Bane, Plagueis

#12 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"oldmagic said:
"Palpatine guy from the books."
Not even close.  GM Luke would devastate him.

Midnightist said:
"Obi Wan, Darth Vader and General Grievous"
Nope, GM Luke could take them all on, Yoda could beat any of them one one one and so could Mace.

Psysis said:
"Vader, Kenobi, Palpatine"
Gm Luke destroys Palpatine, Yoda stomps Vader, and Mace dominates Kenobi."

Then Who?
#13 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio

problem solved!

#14 Posted by Lunacyde (17963 posts) - - Show Bio

Exar Kun....Vader if he reached his full potential......those are the only ones I can think of...!

#15 Posted by Glorious (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

Revan, Kreia, and The Exile

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Just so you know, Obi is one of the few people able to best Mace in a saber battle, the only ones I know of are Obi and Yoda.

#17 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"Exar Kun....Vader if he reached his full potential......those are the only ones I can think of...!"
This is in their life, when they have been at their best. Same with Obi, because he could have became a grandmaster like Yoda, if he could train full out.
#18 Posted by Lunacyde (17963 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to mention EXAR KUN if you are going to mention anyone

#19 Posted by Alexander Fletch (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Windu beat Palpatine, Vader beat Palpatine......

#20 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

darth plagueis the wise

#21 Posted by GodOfDoom (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Nihilus, Bane, Reven, Sion, maybe a Yuuzhan Vong or two(maybe not)

and of course Naga Shadow

#22 Posted by Lunacyde (17963 posts) - - Show Bio
GodOfDoom said:
"Darth Nihilus, Bane, Reven, Sion, maybe a Yuuzhan Vong or two(maybe not)

and of course Naga Shadow"

I dont think any of these could take Luke at full power
#23 Posted by GodOfDoom (311 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"GodOfDoom said:
"Darth Nihilus, Bane, Reven, Sion, maybe a Yuuzhan Vong or two(maybe not)

and of course Naga Shadow"

I dont think any of these could take Luke at full power"

the only i think that has a chance at Luke at full power is Nihilus.

also Naga in a highly advanced plan that will most likly not work.
#24 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio
How about Darth Horrowitz ?

LOL  jk  jk 
#25 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
GodOfDoom said:
"Lunacyde said:
"GodOfDoom said:
"Darth Nihilus, Bane, Reven, Sion, maybe a Yuuzhan Vong or two(maybe not)

and of course Naga Shadow"

I dont think any of these could take Luke at full power"

the only i think that has a chance at Luke at full power is Nihilus.

also Naga in a highly advanced plan that will most likly not work."
King Saturn said:
"How about Darth Horrowitz ?

LOL  jk  jk 
"
Seriously.... Revan has been called the Heart of the Force noe if that doesnt make you insanely powerful than Idk what does, not to mention the fact that a majority of the old republic is way stronger than most from the new republic into the return of the jedi era
#26 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
"King Saturn said:
"How about Darth Horrowitz ?

LOL  jk  jk 
"
Seriously.... Revan has been called the Heart of the Force noe if that doesnt make you insanely powerful than Idk what does, not to mention the fact that a majority of the old republic is way stronger than most from the new republic into the return of the jedi era"
Buddy... I just made up Darth Horrowitz.... I have no clue who could take them down
#27 Edited by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

OOO CRAP LOL I MEANT TO QUOTE THE GUY TWO ABOVE YOU MY BAD

#28 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
"OOO CRAP LOL I MEANT TO QUOTE THE GUY TWO ABOVE YOU MY BAD"
No Biggie...

(=
#29 Posted by GodOfDoom (311 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
"GodOfDoom said:
"Lunacyde said:
"GodOfDoom said:
"Darth Nihilus, Bane, Reven, Sion, maybe a Yuuzhan Vong or two(maybe not)

and of course Naga Shadow"

I dont think any of these could take Luke at full power"

the only i think that has a chance at Luke at full power is Nihilus.

also Naga in a highly advanced plan that will most likly not work."
King Saturn said:
"How about Darth Horrowitz ?

LOL  jk  jk 
"
Seriously.... Revan has been called the Heart of the Force noe if that doesnt make you insanely powerful than Idk what does, not to mention the fact that a majority of the old republic is way stronger than most from the new republic into the return of the jedi era"

you know, you didn't have to make me look like a jack@$$.

all you had to say was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey you left out Reven. but no, you just haaaaaaaaaaad to point out that i forgot about him for a second.

thank you.

i really did forget about Reven when i posted that. i noticed afterwards but i was to lazy to correct myself. luckily someone did it for me.
#30 Posted by Lunacyde (17963 posts) - - Show Bio

I would take Exar Kun over Revan

#31 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Godofdoom: lol sorry

Dude Revan was more powerful than Exar Kun

#32 Posted by GodOfDoom (311 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you. lol

#33 Posted by Lunacyde (17963 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm....i ll look

#34 Posted by Mistress Satana (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Aniken skywalker, palpitine, and obi-wan

#35 Posted by Lunacyde (17963 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing i have read about Revan leads me to believe Exar Kun couldnt beat em.

#36 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"Nothing i have read about Revan leads me to believe Exar Kun couldnt beat em."
Revan is either equally or more powerful than the exile, the exile defeated Nihilius, Sion and Darth Traya. Revan himself defeated Malak fueled by the starforge and was defined by Darth Traya as the Heart Of the Force
#37 Posted by Lunacyde (17963 posts) - - Show Bio

Malak was insignificant ......and ur who bea who is getting confusing....I don'nt know....Exar Kun was extremely powerful....and he was from a generation of more powerful Sith Lords.

#38 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"Malak was insignificant ......and ur who bea who is getting confusing....I don'nt know....Exar Kun was extremely powerful....and he was from a generation of more powerful Sith Lords."
regular old malak yess, but powered by the starforce no no he was extremely powerful. His generation was Marka Ragnos, Yes but Nihilius as well as Sion are in the revan generation and are equally powerful so I dont think thats really a determining factor
#40 Posted by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
"Lunacyde said:
"Malak was insignificant ......and ur who bea who is getting confusing....I don'nt know....Exar Kun was extremely powerful....and he was from a generation of more powerful Sith Lords."
regular old malak yess, but powered by the starforce no no he was extremely powerful. His generation was Marka Ragnos, Yes but Nihilius as well as Sion are in the revan generation and are equally powerful so I dont think thats really a determining factor"
#41 Edited by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

No One

Yoda Prime would make a mess of the entire Jedi Council

#42 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Fay + Obi Wan + Anakin

This is my bed against Yoda, Mace and Luke. Obi Wan and Anakin are like the team-up of potential with experience, power with wisdom, and they are use to work together. They know each other fighting methods, and they proved before to be the best team - when working in synchronized.

Fay would be a greatest contribution to any team. She's so connected to the force that she doesn't even get hold! She was one of the oldest Jedi and she was still young. - for ages!
She doesn't fight with a lightsaber, and she's not very aggressive, however she have the ability to share with her team mates her power - which is considerable, and bigger than Obi-Wan. And she can pull away the thoughts from a person making them unconscious. - She did it to the Empress, but I don't think it would work on any of these three... even so she rocks!

#43 Edited by cloh2083 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm....one needs to back up statements. I think there's a fair few who can beat Yoda and Mace for sure. Recent descriptions of GM Luke makes it difficult to assess who in the Universe can beat him easily (before the Vong, I can list quite a number - now it's different).

I can't imagine anyone saying Obi-Wan can actually take on any of the Sith Lords or Yoda/Mace. C'mon! Look at the movies. He defeated Maul by a stroke of luck, got trounced by Dooku in both AotC and RotS. Yoda stated too that he was no match for Sidious. The SW Universe keeps describing the Jedi Council of that era as having powerful members but I would agree only for Yoda and Mace. Everyone else seems to get killed mighty quick by Sidious. General Grievious in the Clone Wars also kicks every Jedi butt, but I can see the redeeming point for Obi Wan seeing as he did defeat Grevious. That puts him a rank higher than all the other Jedi save Mace and Yoda. And let's face it, I personally found his 'victory' over Anakin to be anti-climactic. He was at the losing end for much of the battle.

Yoda and Mace are certainly very powerful, but this is curbed by their inability to defect Sidious. Yoda also wasn't able to clearly defeat Dooku in AotC. Yet Dooku got busted by Anakin.

From all accounts though, however Sidious may be, we don't see much of his power except seen through his deception, lightsaber and force lightning. Darth Vader's powers are now seemingly dminished by new books/comics that are released. His ability to use the Force was reduced due to his cybernetic state. He was greviously injured by 8 Jedi in the SW: Purge comic. He got beaten by Luke Skywalker, who in turn got his a** handed to him by Palpatine. Vader just doesn't seem to realise his much touted potential ever. To have his lightsaber pulled away by the Force Unleashed baby protagonist reinforces that point too.

Compare this against other Dark Lords of the past in SW canon:

Exar Kun - first dual bladed lightsaber duelist (and with a shorter hilt). Used Sith alchemy, holocrons and amulets, temples to focus Dark Side powers. Caused the destruction of Ossus. Able to draw energy from other lifeforces. Commanded an entire army of Force sensitive Massassi warriors. Held the Republic senate hostage (like Sidious). Able to preserve his spirit for millenia from sacrifices. Corrupted many other Jedi to the Dark Side. Communed with ancient Dark Lords of the Sith. Instigated the Great Sith War. Lasted so long as to pose a threat to Luke Skywalker. But it's hard to justify he is from 'a generation of more powerful Sith Lords', unless you are also counting Revan. Revan was only 40 years after Exar Kun. You can't mean Naga Sadow, or Marka Ragnos considering they are over 1000 years before Exar Kun.


Revan - greatest Force user to combine Dark and Light Side powers. May have chosen to 'fall' in order to save the galaxy. Recognised and controlled the use of the Star Forge. From all accounts, a very powerful Force user. Described as the 'Heart of the Force'. Great leader and brilliant tactician and strategist. Single-handed defeated many Sith and Jedi, as well as Mandalore the Ultimate. Instrumental in soundly defeating the Mandalorian invasion, and the combined Jedi/Republic forces in the first Jedi Civil War.  Corrupted even more Jedi than Exar Kun, or any other Sith Lords hence. Left a legacy for Darth Bane to follow in the 'reign of two' philosophy, which ultimately had an indirect effect on the events of RotS.


To defeat Yoda, Mace: I would argue Exar Kun, Revan, Tulak Hord (the KOTOR II game did suggest current dueling is like playing with toys relative to his ancient lightsaber skills) maybe Bane, Nihilus (ability to consume whole planets and Jedi at one go is astounding), Arca (through command of the Force maybe), maybe Vodo (his stick fighting is quite impressive).


GM Luke - can't really say though I'm inclined to say Revan, and perhaps the more ancient Dark Lords proficient in lightsaber dueling and great Force powers.