• 160 results
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stevon

What Marvel heroes can defeat Thanos (w/ standard equipment, full power levels) in a one on one battle in New York? Morals apply for the heroes. Any hero above or equal to Odin's power is excluded.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Thor's hammmer

possibly Post annialation surfer  
maybe Thor  
some versions of adam warlock  
classic strange  
maybe drax   
maybe shaman x man  
franklin richards  
 Phoenix  
captain universe  

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Surfer is the only one IMO

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Silver Surfer
Thor
Frank Richards
Phoenix

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBatman586

Reed Richards, Iron Man, and Dr. Doom could all win if they get prep.  
Silver Surfer, Thor, Phoenix, and classic Dr. Strange could also win.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bumnut

Odin and above. but he's excluded and anyone above him, so.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pooty
@bumnut said:
" Odin and above. but he's excluded and anyone above him, so. "

Exactly
if your not above Odin i don't think you can beat Thanos. I have to see Current SS vs Thanos before i give SS the win. Maybe depowered Tyrant if you put him below Odin
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@pooty: 

tyrant is not a hero
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pooty
@Thor's hammmer:  Ahh correct you are. Then exclude my second sentence from my first post.
MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#10  Edited By MichaeltheFly

I think Nova could if he mastered the Nova Force, Sentry with the Void powers, Thor Odinforce, fully powered Gambit (New Sun powers), Iron Man with prep, Genis-Vell (during the time he was crazy), Scarlet Witch.

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By OldIdiotAccount
@bumnut said:
" Odin and above. but he's excluded and anyone above him, so. "
Yep.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By karrob
@Thor's hammmer said:
" possibly Post annialation surfer  maybe Thor  some versions of adam warlock  classic strange  maybe drax   maybe shaman x man  franklin richards   Phoenix  captain universe    "
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By demifiend
@Fist_of_Mandalore:   Drax 

current surfer will die en mmmm lets see 10 punches from thanos
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@demifiend said:

" @Fist_of_Mandalore:   Drax  current surfer will die en mmmm lets see 10 punches from thanos "

Proof? 

Thanos will die in one power cosmic blast. See? I can make bold statements, too. But unlike you, I can prove it.
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GT-Man

WW-H when he was hell of pissed
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Anti-matter charge > Odin

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Anyway, all jokes aside, this question cannot possibly be answered as of yet. Thanos was said to be recuperating at a fast degree and yet he still appears weakened in comparison to his former self, that weakness being originated by his proximity to the Cancerverse. That being said, the Cancerverse itself is the most probable reason as to why he'll survive disintergration by Drax, as there is no death there (an alternate theory being that he cannot die due to his status as the avatar of Death). At any case, for better, or worse, we should wait for the conclusion of this event, as his performance will more than likely flunctuate in between issues.
d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By d0npierre

I think X-man would have a good shot at him to..

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Matezoide2
@Morpheus_ said:
" Anyway, all jokes aside, this question cannot possibly be answered as of yet. Thanos was said to be recuperating at a fast degree and yet he still appears weakened in comparison to his former self, that weakness being originated by his proximity to the Cancerverse. That being said, the Cancerverse itself is the most probable reason as to why he'll survive disintergration by Drax, as there is no death there (an alternate theory being that he cannot die due to his status as the avatar of Death). At any case, for better, or worse, we should wait for the conclusion of this event, as his performance will more than likely flunctuate in between issues. "
this
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MzombieX
@Morpheus_:
Even with all jokes aside, you definitely have me rethinking about Drax missing from my list.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@MzombieX said:
" @Morpheus_: Even with all jokes aside, you definitely have me rethinking about Drax missing from my list. "
Most people credit Drax's showings against Thanos as the result of him being created to kill him, even though most of the time prior to Annihilation he was unsuccessful.

But yeah, Drax was the one who did it before, I can't blame anyone who'd wish to include him in a list.
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ckal
@Morpheus_ said:
" Anyway, all jokes aside, this question cannot possibly be answered as of yet. Thanos was said to be recuperating at a fast degree and yet he still appears weakened in comparison to his former self, that weakness being originated by his proximity to the Cancerverse. That being said, the Cancerverse itself is the most probable reason as to why he'll survive disintergration by Drax, as there is no death there (an alternate theory being that he cannot die due to his status as the avatar of Death). At any case, for better, or worse, we should wait for the conclusion of this event, as his performance will more than likely flunctuate in between issues. "

Even so, as Thanos himself demonstrates and states, it seems he "is capable of delivering permanent death" in the cancer verse in a severely weakened state.  Maybe current SS would take the win, but I'm not sure. I can't argue against Drax simply for the reason that I saw him tear out Thanos' heart (even though they weren't even fighting). I'll also take Classic Dr. Strange for the win here. 

But, are we using only current versions of heroes in this fight?

On second thought, Drax really isn't a hero is he? So i'll take him off the list.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@ckal said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
 Even so, as Thanos himself demonstrates and states, it seems he "is capable of delivering permanent death" in the cancer verse in a severely weakened state.  Maybe current SS would take the win, but I'm not sure. I can't argue against Drax simply for the reason that I saw him tear out Thanos' heart (even though they weren't even fighting). I'll also take Classic Dr. Strange for the win here.   But, are we using only current versions of heroes in this fight?  On second thought, Drax really isn't a hero is he? So i'll take him off the list. "
He is indeed, but that can be explained by his connection to Death herself, as he is directly acting as her avatar now. Cancerverse beings can die, as shown in their fight against the Guardians, the only problem is, that since Death in their Universe is dead, they revert to their prior condition, anyway. Thanos ensures that their demise is permanent due to his link with the Death of his Universe.

I'd consider the current incarnation of Drax a hero, as he has fought in multiple wars since his previous death, and is recognised as a force of good (albeit an unconventional one) for the cosmos. Mostly an anti-hero, one could say.
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ckal
@Morpheus_ said:
" @ckal said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
 Even so, as Thanos himself demonstrates and states, it seems he "is capable of delivering permanent death" in the cancer verse in a severely weakened state.  Maybe current SS would take the win, but I'm not sure. I can't argue against Drax simply for the reason that I saw him tear out Thanos' heart (even though they weren't even fighting). I'll also take Classic Dr. Strange for the win here.   But, are we using only current versions of heroes in this fight?  On second thought, Drax really isn't a hero is he? So i'll take him off the list. "
He is indeed, but that can be explained by his connection to Death herself, as he is directly acting as her avatar now. Cancerverse beings can die, as shown in their fight against the Guardians, the only problem is, that since Death in their Universe is dead, they revert to their prior condition, anyway. Thanos ensures that their demise is permanent due to his link with the Death of his Universe.

I'd consider the current incarnation of Drax a hero, as he has fought in multiple wars since his previous death, and is recognised as a force of good (albeit an unconventional one) for the cosmos. Mostly an anti-hero, one could say.
"
Good point. I guess that would be very bad news for someone in the regular universe that Thanos kills also, since he could technically insure they can't be resurrected.

Yeah, I see what you're saying about Drax. In The Thanos Imperative and Annihilation he is a part of the heroes, but he always seems to not care, or has some ulterior motive he is trying to accomplish (usually killing Thanos) and doesn't care much about the heroes' plight or is using them to get close to Thanos. (I admittedly don't have much knowledge on Drax aside from Annihilation and The Thanos Imperative)
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@ckal said:
" Yeah, I see what you're saying about Drax. In The Thanos Imperative and Annihilation he is a part of the heroes, but he always seems to not care, or has some ulterior motive he is trying to accomplish (usually killing Thanos) and doesn't care much about the heroes' plight or is using them to get close to Thanos. (I admittedly don't have much knowledge on Drax aside from Annihilation and The Thanos Imperative) "
The only reason I classify Drax as a hero is that despite the fact that he accomplished his life's goal in Annihilation, he continued to pursue a life of heroism by siding with the Guardians of the Galaxy, all the while there was no apparent prospect of Thanos returning to haunt him at the time. That was Drax acting for the welfare of the Universe.
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ckal
@Morpheus_ said:

" @ckal said:

" Yeah, I see what you're saying about Drax. In The Thanos Imperative and Annihilation he is a part of the heroes, but he always seems to not care, or has some ulterior motive he is trying to accomplish (usually killing Thanos) and doesn't care much about the heroes' plight or is using them to get close to Thanos. (I admittedly don't have much knowledge on Drax aside from Annihilation and The Thanos Imperative) "
The only reason I classify Drax as a hero is that despite the fact that he accomplished his life's goal in Annihilation, he continued to pursue a life of heroism by siding with the Guardians of the Galaxy, all the while there was no apparent prospect of Thanos returning to haunt him at the time. That was Drax acting for the welfare of the Universe. "
 Makes sense, explanation accepted. Drax is a hero.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pooty
@Morpheus_:@ckal:   Drax can be classified a hero but can he beat Thanos? If Deathstroke does nothing to defend himself then i can beat him. Or has Drax beaten him one on one before?
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ckal
@pooty: Well exactly. Like I said, my knowledge of Drax is limited to Annihilation and The Thanos Imperative, so I won't be the best help. But, I have heard Drax has tried some times before to defeat Thanos but failed, but I don't know the situations. Drax likes to make a habit of saying that he was created for the purpose of killing Thanos, but I'm not exactly sure what that means. Does it mean no matter what happens, at some point in time, Drax will kill Thanos in some kind of circumstance, and he was created with some kind force that's one use is to kill Thanos, and Thanos is helpless to prevent this inevitable act? Maybe, or maybe it just means that is his purpose, but may not ever succeed.

As we can see in Annihilation #4, Thanos had no interest in Drax at the moment, as he was trying to save the universe by freeing Galactus. Thanos said "we can settle up after" to Drax, and his back was actually turned to Drax when Drax ripped Thanos' heart out.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@pooty said:

" @Morpheus_:@ckal:   Drax can be classified a hero but can he beat Thanos? If Deathstroke does nothing to defend himself then i can beat him. Or has Drax beaten him one on one before? "

To be honest, Drax's victory against Thanos during Annihilation pertained elements of plot. On the other hand, one might say that if Drax was completely incapable of harming Thanos, he wouldn't have ripped his heart out, regardless of Thanos's disposition towards him. If Thanos simply stands still and allows, say, Spider-Man to attack him, it won't matter if he doesn't defend himself. Spider-Man could batter him all day long and it would be completely ineffective.

That being said, I cannot see Drax beating Thanos in a straightforward manner, without equipment, like he used in TI # 3. What I previously said was, I understand when people list Drax as a potential candidate for beating Thanos, mostly due to his design.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Drax has beaten him one on one. And Drax was the one person to kill Thanos, when everyone else failed.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @pooty: Drax has beaten him one on one. And Drax was the one person to kill Thanos, when everyone else failed. "
Thanos has been killed before.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @pooty: Drax has beaten him one on one. And Drax was the one person to kill Thanos, when everyone else failed. "
Thanos has been killed before. "
Then I stand corrected. Who did it?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
Then I stand corrected. Who did it? "
Adam Warlock. That was before the Rebirth of Thanos storyarc in which Starlin resurrected him.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
Adam Warlock. That was before the Rebirth of Thanos storyarc in which Starlin resurrected him. "
Ahhh thats right. I have that comic too, I don't know why I didn't think of it. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
Adam Warlock. That was before the Rebirth of Thanos storyarc in which Starlin resurrected him. "
Ahhh thats right. I have that comic too, I don't know why I didn't think of it.  "
It's all good. I tend to forget many things I know, too.
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GT-Man

Anyone good wth prep like doom and anyone above or on par with thanos

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pooty
@Fist_of_Mandalore:  i don't remember Drax beating him in a fight. When was that? Nevertheless i'm looking at this wrong. I don't believe Drax is more powerful than Thanos but he CAN beat him because thats what he was made to do. Nevertheless(lol) if Thanos is willing to defend and fight back i still don't think Drax could do it. I could be wrong.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore:  i don't remember Drax beating him in a fight. When was that? Nevertheless i'm looking at this wrong. I don't believe Drax is more powerful than Thanos but he CAN beat him because thats what he was made to do. Nevertheless(lol) if Thanos is willing to defend and fight back i still don't think Drax could do it. I could be wrong. "
Well, he did just do it during the most recent issue of Thanos Imperative. But it is unknown whether Thanos was back to full power and if Thanos is even dead, because it ended right after Drax attacked so you don't really know if Thanos died.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @pooty said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore:  i don't remember Drax beating him in a fight. When was that? Nevertheless i'm looking at this wrong. I don't believe Drax is more powerful than Thanos but he CAN beat him because thats what he was made to do. Nevertheless(lol) if Thanos is willing to defend and fight back i still don't think Drax could do it. I could be wrong. "
Well, he did just do it during the most recent issue of Thanos Imperative. But it is unknown whether Thanos was back to full power and if Thanos is even dead, because it ended right after Drax attacked so you don't really know if Thanos died. "
It was impossible to die. They were fighting in the Cancerverse. Death is dead there.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_: Yeah, but before that Thanos was killing, or what looked to be killing. Those demon looking creatures with the big mouth of teeth. And Thanos being the avatar of Death, maybe him being there reintroduced death to that world?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Morpheus_: Yeah, but before that Thanos was killing, or what looked to be killing. Those demon looking creatures with the big mouth of teeth. And Thanos being the avatar of Death, maybe him being there reintroduced death to that world? "
He can personally deliver permanent death. People can still "die" there, but they simply revive immediately afterwards. Thanos can overrule that. Now, unless he wants to kill himself (which he won't because he is the protagonist), he won't die, and since he is the avatar of Death, even more so. Also, delivering death is not the same as being able to reintroduce death as a Universal concept to the Cancerverse, which is what they intend to do in the future (that being the subplot on the behalf of the Guardians and Thanos).
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_: Ah, alright. Well are you reading that. I think its pretty damn awesome so far. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Morpheus_: Ah, alright. Well are you reading that. I think its pretty damn awesome so far.  "
I like it so far. I was disappointed that they brought back Aegis only to kille her off an issue afterwards, though. But all in all, an interesting event, I'm waiting for the next issue.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_: Ah, alright. Well are you reading that. I think its pretty damn awesome so far.  "
I like it so far. I was disappointed that they brought back Aegis only to kille her off an issue afterwards, though. But all in all, an interesting event, I'm waiting for the next issue. "
Yeah I think the Cosmic stuff in Marvel is always good. Those comics are getting good reviews week in and week out. Unfortunately they are all down to only the Thanos Imperative right now. I'm also wondering if DarkHawk is going to show in this. Him being a new cosmic character and all.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I like it so far. I was disappointed that they brought back Aegis only to kille her off an issue afterwards, though. But all in all, an interesting event, I'm waiting for the next issue. "
Yeah I think the Cosmic stuff in Marvel is always good. Those comics are getting good reviews week in and week out. Unfortunately they are all down to only the Thanos Imperative right now. I'm also wondering if DarkHawk is going to show in this. Him being a new cosmic character and all. "
Hopefully the Imperative will serve as catalyst for characters to get their own series, much like Annihilation did for Nova, and Conquest did for the Guardians of the Galaxy.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Classic Warlock 
An enraged Classic Thor with or w/o Warrior's Madness 
Shaman Nate 
Trion Juggernaut 
The Designate 
Current Silver Surfer who doesn't hold back 

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Silver2467

Silver Surfer, X-Man, Classic Thor, Jean Grey (with Phoenix Force). I am sure there are others. 

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Achilles.
@Thor's hammmer said:
" possibly Post annialation surfer  maybe Thor  some versions of adam warlock  classic strange  maybe drax   maybe shaman x man  franklin richards   Phoenix  captain universe    "
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_: Yeah, that would be cool. A lot these guys maybe be C and B list superheroes, but the comics themselves are A+ material and Marvel really needs to start treating it like that.