What makes a street-level character; Top street-level superheroes

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vouile

Rules: What makes a street-level character/superhero?

A street-level character/superhero...

• fights crime street-level threats frequently and consistently.
  • fights world-wide or city threats on occasion(once-in-a-while).
  • can not defeat a (surrounding) group of machine-gun-armed (20 or more) men in a random encounter in a room, with standard equipment.

If you would like to add more legit rules to this list please respond to this forum. =3 :D

Random Encounter

1. Black Canary
  2. Ultimate Captain America
  3. Batman
  4. Captain America
  5. Ultimate Hawkeye
  6. Cassandra Cain
  7. Daredevil
  8. Winter Soldier
  9. Nightwing
  10. Red Hood
  11. Green Arrow
  12. Hawkeye
  13. Red Robin (Tim Drake)

Preparation

~ Batman

~ Spider-man

~ Red Hood

~ Nightwing

~Tim Drake

(This thread needs to be moved to the General Discussion forums, sorry!)

love❤,

Vouile

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By agent9149

no midnighter?

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vouile

@Agent9149 said:

no midnighter?

I don't know if he counts...He's a pretty over-powered, BUT I'll add him! Thanks! =3

Sorceror_Swift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sorceror_Swift

• can not defeat a group of machine-gun-armed (6-8 or more) men in a random encounter, with standard equipment.

• Yes, Midnighter does.
  • Quite consistently
  • Midnighter can.....

.......Yeah, so.....hrmmm.....

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayfournines

@Vouile said:

@Agent9149 said:

no midnighter?

I don't know if he counts...He's a pretty over-powered, BUT I'll add him! Thanks! =3

Mate, Midnighter is well over street level. I don't think he should be included. Just my two cents though.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vouile

@Sorceror_Swift said:

• can not defeat a group of machine-gun-armed (6-8 or more) men in a random encounter, with standard equipment.

• Yes, Midnighter does.
  • Quite consistently
  • Midnighter can.....

@Jayfournines said:

@Vouile said:

@Agent9149 said:

no midnighter?

Mate, Midnighter is well over street level. I don't think he should be included. Just my two cents though.

You guys are correct. =3 I looked him up, sorry about that...

Sorceror_Swift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sorceror_Swift

@Vouile: It's fine. Some people don't know, everyone gets one.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By YoungJustice

Im pretty sure everyone in the Random Encounter list can easily solo 6-8 machine gun thugs.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vouile

@Sorceror_Swift said:

It's fine. Some people don't know, everyone gets one.

Thanks.

@YoungJustice said:

Im pretty sure everyone in the Random Encounter list can easily solo 6-8 machine gun thugs.

How would Robin go about doing it? Spider-man can probably take out 4, 5 maximum, but that's about it.

Vouile

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By agent9149

@Sorceror_Swift said:

• Yes, Midnighter does.
  • Quite consistently
  • Midnighter can.....

then how does wolverine fits into that

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CountofMC

I don't have too much to add and I know the dividing line for what constitutes street level can be rather arbitrary but in my mind I've always considered Spiderman pretty much the limit for a street level character. His powerset is somewhat versatile so he's capable of fighting with some higher level characters and at the same time, with his speed and spider sense, he can comfortably dance around the standard street levelers like Punisher, etc.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hksaru

BP with his equipment and more importantly armor should be able to take the gunmen, and he doesn't fight street level threats. Batman is street-level but he also ranks higher and I'm sure he would take it similar to BP. Spider-man should be able to easily get out of the gunmen's surround depending on the setting then pick them apart, though he is top-notch street level, fo real.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By laflux

@Vouile said:

@Sorceror_Swift said:

Thanks.

@YoungJustice said:

How would Robin go about doing it? Spider-man can probably take out 4, 5 maximum, but that's about it.

Vouile

I'm sorry that's false. Spider-Man continually wrecks dozens of thugs with automatic weapons with no effort. He's defeated 120 trained men (trained by taskmaster) armed with Swords and lasers guns, and called it a warm up. I've got multiple scans to completely disprove what you just said.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Vouile said:

@Sorceror_Swift said:

Thanks.

@YoungJustice said:

Vouile

O rly?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

@Vouile said:

• can not defeat a (surrounding) group of machine-gun-armed (7 or more) men in a random encounter, with standard equipment.

In a comic book? Damian Wayne can do this.

Sorceror_Swift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sorceror_Swift

@CitizenBane said:

@Vouile said:

• can not defeat a (surrounding) group of machine-gun-armed (7 or more) men in a random encounter, with standard equipment.

In a comic book? Damian Wayne can do this.

It's Tim Drake...Who also can.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vouile

@Sorceror_Swift: @CitizenBane: @Shawnbaby: @laflux: @Hksaru: @CountofMC: @Agent9149: @YoungJustice:

How does the original post look?

I have removed Spider-man, Agent Venom, Wolverine and Black Panther. Their speed, agility, strength and durability and other factors put them somewhere not-too-far above the street-level range.

If the original post requires changes, please tell me so. Thank you. ^-^

Vouile

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Malonius

@Vouile: Street Level characters usually fight street crime, especially organized crime, but also terrorist groups as well. They are vigilantes with tense relationships with the police. I divide "Street Level" power levels into two sub-categories:

1. Peak Human: These characters can achieve the highest human feats perfectly and consistently on the fly with no prep. They are like Olympic champions, elite Special Forces soldiers, top MMA title-holders, and top Hollywood stunt drivers all rolled into one all on their very best days. They're also usually incredibly lucky and a genius in more than one area. This level would include most of the Bat-family and guys like the Punisher.

2. Enhanced Peak Human: These characters are like the previous sub-category except they have a single, simple meta-human enhancement. Daredevil's enhanced senses or Captain America's enhanced metabolism fall into this category.

Wolverine is at the very top of what I'd be willing to describe as "Street Level", but I'd probably put him in the next category. His adamantium and his association with the Avengers raise his level beyond where he'd be if he just had his bone claws and healing factor. Wolverine and Cyclops are both great examples of characters with massive offensive/defensive differentials making them hard to judge. Wolverine's durability is way beyond his unprepped offensive capability while Cyclops could destroy a town, but could get knocked out by a lucky punch in a bar fight.

The next level up I call "Block Busters." Spider-man and Luke Cage are perfect examples of this level. These people can throw cars and are not in any real danger from a regular person with a regular gun.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By laflux

@Malonius said:

@Vouile: Street Level characters usually fight street crime, especially organized crime, but also terrorist groups as well. They are vigilantes with tense relationships with the police. I divide "Street Level" power levels into two sub-categories:

1. Peak Human: These characters can achieve the highest human feats perfectly and consistently on the fly with no prep. They are like Olympic champions, elite Special Forces soldiers, top MMA title-holders, and top Hollywood stunt drivers all rolled into one all on their very best days. They're also usually incredibly lucky and a genius in more than one area. This level would include most of the Bat-family and guys like the Punisher.

2. Enhanced Peak Human: These characters are like the previous sub-category except they have a single, simple meta-human enhancement. Daredevil's enhanced senses or Captain America's enhanced metabolism fall into this category.

Wolverine is at the very top of what I'd be willing to describe as "Street Level", but I'd probably put him in the next category. His adamantium and his association with the Avengers raise his level beyond where he'd be if he just had his bone claws and healing factor. Wolverine and Cyclops are both great examples of characters with massive offensive/defensive differentials making them hard to judge. Wolverine's durability is way beyond his unprepped offensive capability while Cyclops could destroy a town, but could get knocked out by a lucky punch in a bar fight.

The next level up I call "Block Busters." Spider-man and Luke Cage are perfect examples of this level. These people can throw cars and are not in any real danger from a regular person with a regular gun.

Good analysis, but I'd put Logan in Blockbuster by your analogy as well. His claws, even Bone ones, give him very good offensive capabilities, and with his speed and healing factor, he is not in any real danger from a regular guy with a gun either (Unless it has carbodium ammo).

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vouile
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skaddix

Need a 4th Level: Fake Street Levelers. For guys like Midnighter (WS), Gorgon (Marvel) and Azrael (Lane, DC). Might also but Spider-man on this level but he is probably 3 except when bloodlusted then he should be here.