• 71 results
Posted by Shot (1696 posts) 3 months, 26 days ago

Poll: What is more effective? (87 votes)

Penance Stare 20%
Spirit Bomb 10%
Infinity Mass Punch 16%
God Blast 34%
Batman Prep 16%

Which of these five do you think is the most damaging against an opponent?

#1 Posted by Awesomedude (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

IMP or God Blast, slightly leaning to IMP.

#2 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was just a regular opponent and they could all use these moves or prep in batman's case then the Penance Stare it goes beyond being a physical attack depending on what the Rider wants to inflict on you. If it cant be used then the God Blast

#3 Edited by Lord44 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

If it was just a regular opponent and they could all use these moves or prep in batman's case then the Penance Stare it goes beyond being a physical attack depending on what the Rider wants to inflict on you. If it cant be used then the God Blast

QFT (i voted God Blast)

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17513 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman-------------------

#5 Posted by Jacthripper (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically the most effective attack is one that doesn't damage your surroundings or yourself and still defeats your opponent. Penance stare is the most effective because

1. No damage to surrounding area

2. No damage to Ghost Rider

3. The opponent is beaten (unless they're Venom lol)

#6 Posted by Bones309 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically the most effective attack is one that doesn't damage your surroundings or yourself and still defeats your opponent. Penance stare is the most effective because

1. No damage to surrounding area

2. No damage to Ghost Rider

3. The opponent is beaten (unless they're Venom lol)

Actually, going by this the stare is likely the least effective in some ways. It has limitations, as you mention with Venom. We've seen it backfire. It doesn't work on some beings. Not damaging the area has nothing to do with effectiveness. Get the desired result is effectiveness.

#7 Posted by i_like_swords (14422 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably God Blast. IIRC both the Penance Stare and the Spirit Bomb can only be used on evil/bad people who have hurt others before? Very situation-dependant. With the IMP, it is physically the most powerful form of attack possible, but what happens when you go up against a being immune to physical harm, or magical in origin? For me, that leaves only the God Blast. Extremely powerful, mystical in effect, and is not situation/opponent dependent. Covers every basis and is still extremely powerful.

Batman prep is the best though. Obviously that just goes without saying. I was just humouring the other options for fun.

#8 Edited by Lord44 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

What if we go Full PIS/CIS Trash??

#9 Posted by DarthAznable (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord44: Did f*cking Keanu Reeves do his voice? lmao

#10 Posted by kyrees (5090 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord44: doctor strange did that as well in panel

#11 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: You dont need to be evil for the stare to work thats how GR accidentally killed DR. Strange

#12 Posted by Nefarious (20357 posts) - - Show Bio

Penance Stare.

#13 Posted by Jayc1324 (12240 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody vote IMP, it really doesn't even make any sense.

#14 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8627 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Bones309 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord44 said:

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (42272 posts) - - Show Bio

Penance Stare.

#17 Posted by sophia89 (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

God Blast

#18 Posted by FireThunder (41 posts) - - Show Bio

it depends on the amount of IMPs. If it is only one IMP, Then the most effective one will be godblast because of its destructive power.

#19 Posted by Thanofleeze (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is always Batman.

#20 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

@lord44 said:

This feat from Thor wasn't PIS or CIS. It just has a lot of context surrounding it that people don't know or ignore.

#21 Posted by BigCimmerian (8309 posts) - - Show Bio

BATPREP > EVERYTHING ELSE

#22 Posted by Bones309 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

@lord44 said:

This feat from Thor wasn't PIS or CIS. It just has a lot of context surrounding it that people don't know or ignore.

Never said it was either….GR effecting Galactus was shown like some sort of trump card….even when it's nonsense from a cartoon. So I tossed this out.

#23 Posted by KnightOfZero (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

see, the spirit bomb and penance stare only work against evil people, so that makes it slightly less effective than the godblast or infinite mass punch, which can work on anyone

#24 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: It was a joke, lol. I guess you didn't notice. That's why it said, "What if we go full PIS/CIS trash." Within the context of what was stated in the initial post, I thought you were pulling out the "Thor beats Galactus" scans as a way of saying that was also trash. I was just pointing out the fact that it wasn't PIS/CIS. I misunderstood you.

#25 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

The General Discussion forum feels left out. (This is not a battle.)

#26 Posted by TrionAce (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Spirit Vomb definately can wipe out mutiple evil or bad characters. But i will say God Blast as most powerful

#27 Edited by Jeepeh (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

@uberhikari said:

@bones309 said:

@lord44 said:

Never said it was either….GR effecting Galactus was shown like some sort of trump card….even when it's nonsense from a cartoon. So I tossed this out.

Well Doctor Strange did it in comics, is there a specific reason Ghost Rider couldn't?

#28 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

God Blast

#29 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

Add Adam West Batman, he can be effective against the Living Tribunal.

#30 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21868 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep

#31 Edited by Bones309 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@uberhikari said:

@bones309 said:

@lord44 said:

Well Doctor Strange did it in comics, is there a specific reason Ghost Rider couldn't?

Hard to say…to be honest the idea is up to a writer. The stare has had issues with beings of far lesser stature. It's honestly VERY over rated! Galactus is an abstract being. The vissual of him varies from race to race. The stare requires making eye contact…something that may not be truly possible with him.

#32 Posted by Jeepeh (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: It probably depends on whether or not Zarathos is helping/in control too. But Galactus should be pretty guilty... xD Isn't Zarathos on that level-ish?

#33 Posted by brainstorm01 (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

god blast or sprit bomb,

#34 Posted by sophia89 (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

would the penance stare work on someone blind? or skyfather or an abstract being?

can the spirit bomb hurt anyone who is not evil? can it hurt skyfather or an abstract being?

it takes over a million imp in any thread to ko a superman lvl being,so its not that one.

batman prep cant do much against beings that don't have an easy to find weakness.as batman had an empty box for wonder woman,a yellow ring that did jack against power man and bats was stomped till sinestro showed up,don't know what he had for flash but so far his prep is not that impressive.

so god blast wins.

#35 Posted by lowlaville (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

God Blast.. no question.

#36 Posted by youmessinwithme (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

God Blast

Drops a skyfather who's absorbed the power of her own entire pantheon, and the Odinpower

Stop and push back the juggernaut.

Shatter exitar's brain dome and destroy reinforced Mjolnir

is a threat to Ego the living Planet(who threatens Galaxy's) without risking destroyuing Mjolnir

Makes Galactus the devourer of worlds flee for his life.

#37 Posted by youmessinwithme (1188 posts) - - Show Bio
@sophia89 said:

would the penance stare work on someone blind? or skyfather or an abstract being?

can the spirit bomb hurt anyone who is not evil? can it hurt skyfather or an abstract being?

it takes over a million imp in any thread to ko a superman lvl being,so its not that one.

batman prep cant do much against beings that don't have an easy to find weakness.as batman had an empty box for wonder woman,a yellow ring that did jack against power man and bats was stomped till sinestro showed up,don't know what he had for flash but so far his prep is not that impressive.

so god blast wins.

Ummm no it doesn't.

wally has K.O.ed a white Martian who claimed to be Superman level with one IMP. and I believe wally even stated it didn't matter if he was just as tough as Superman before he proceeded to one Punch his @$$.

one IMP was a KO. it does not take "millions" to be any threat to Superman lvl beings. check your facts.

it's still no godblast though.

#38 Posted by sophia89 (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:

so god blast wins.

Ummm no it doesn't.

wally has K.O.ed a white Martian who claimed to be Superman level with one IMP. and I believe wally even stated it didn't matter if he was just as tough as Superman before he proceeded to one Punch his @$$.

one IMP was a KO. it does not take "millions" to be any threat to Superman lvl beings. check your facts.

ok i exaggerated a bit,but check any flash thread

its always flash can deliver 1 million imps in less than a second so he can ko (insert name here)

anyways that white martian didn't really show any feats to put him on superman lvl of durability.and superman delivered punches that can ko people on his lvl of durability

so its a really strong punch,lets say much stronger than superman's punches but its still not near a god blast.

#39 Edited by youmessinwithme (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:

@youmessinwithme said:
@sophia89 said:

so god blast wins.

Ummm no it doesn't.

ok i exaggerated a bit,but check any flash thread

its always flash can deliver 1 million imps in less than a second so he can ko (insert name here)

anyways that white martian didn't really show any feats to put him on superman lvl of durability.and superman delivered punches that can ko people on his lvl of durability

so its a really strong punch,lets say much stronger than superman's punches but its still not near a god blast.

yeah The GodBlast can drop a cosmic being like Galactus in one shot. I'm not saying they're close, but saying it takes millions of imp's to do any damage to someone Superman's level is seriously underselling it when wally seems to think he'd one punch Superman with it. Wally can IMP millions of times a 2nd but he can KO near Superman class beings with one. So if he ever did deliver that many IMP's whoever it was (superman class or not) they're head would probably be mush. Unless they were way above Superman class.

#40 Edited by Bones309 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh said:

@bones309: It probably depends on whether or not Zarathos is helping/in control too. But Galactus should be pretty guilty... xD Isn't Zarathos on that level-ish?

Should he? Or is he a being beyond sin? Should I feel the pain of every cow I've eaten?

#41 Posted by AgentPJ (20 posts) - - Show Bio

cerebero telepathy, but in here it's the penance.

#42 Posted by Jeepeh (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

Should he? Or is he a being beyond sin? Should I feel the pain of every cow I've eaten?

Cows don't have souls or most people believe doesn't have a form of Sentience.

I don't see how anyone is above sin. >_>

#43 Posted by Bones309 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

Gods would be above sin. Unless you think the god of Noah would feel the pain of all those it drowned for example. Most people don't believe that cows have souls? Hard to say, billions believe in reincarnation.

#44 Edited by Jeepeh (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

Gods would be above sin. Unless you think the god of Noah would feel the pain of all those it drowned for example. Most people don't believe that cows have souls? Hard to say, billions believe in reincarnation.

God >>>>>>>>>>>>> Galactus. And in the Bible it's made rather clear that the people deserved the punishment, even one sin is worthy of death.

#45 Posted by sophia89 (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:

yeah The GodBlast can drop a cosmic being like Galactus in one shot. I'm not saying they're close, but saying it takes millions of imp's to do any damage to someone Superman's level is seriously underselling it when wally seems to think he'd one punch Superman with it. Wally can IMP millions of times a 2nd but he can KO near Superman class beings with one. So if he ever did deliver that many IMP's whoever it was (superman class or not) they're head would probably be mush. Unless they were way above Superman class.

the godblast is powerful but not that powerful

Arishem the celestial didn't notice it

and the only reason Galactus was hurt and ran was because he was very weak and he was also fighting ego the living planet.

#46 Edited by Bones309 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

God >>>>>>>>>>>>> Galactus. And in the Bible it's made rather clear that the people deserved the punishment, even one sin is worthy of death.

No where has Marvel stated that said deity is greater than Galactus. So anyone who's been killed, deserved it then? I used Noah's story but what about King David's new born? Really the bible is non-canon in the Marvel universe….I'm just using it as a quick example of a being beyond sin. Something I'd say beings like the Galactus and even Thor would be.

#47 Posted by sophia89 (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

so a police officer that shot a criminal that was going to kill 10 hostages is a sinner and is going to hell?

how about a pilot who drops a bomb to kill a terrorist hideout that has 150 innocent hostages inside?

what about someone who invents a weapon that can kill millions and sell it,is he a sinner? he didn't actually kill any one those who would use it are the killers.

also what about insects every human kills a whole bunch in their lives? what about the animals we eat? what about all those who were killed in the name of god? they are atheist they didn't believe in god and were making others stay with them on that side,would taking their lives count as sin?

#48 Posted by Jeepeh (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

No where has Marvel stated that said deity is greater than Galactus. So anyone who's been killed, deserved it then? I used Noah's story but what about King David's new born? Really the bible is non-canon in the Marvel universe….I'm just using it as a quick example of a being beyond sin. Something I'd say beings like the Galactus and even Thor would be.

Well God is Omnipotent and created the universe, so I'm going to go with yes, he's higher than Galactus.

And David's new born died as a result of David's sin, and he went to Heaven.

And also, God is incapable of sinning, not that he's "above" it in the way you're saying.

@sophia89 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

so a police officer that shot a criminal that was going to kill 10 hostages is a sinner and is going to hell?

how about a pilot who drops a bomb to kill a terrorist hideout that has 150 innocent hostages inside?

what about someone who invents a weapon that can kill millions and sell it,is he a sinner? he didn't actually kill any one those who would use it are the killers.

also what about insects every human kills a whole bunch in their lives? what about the animals we eat? what about all those who were killed in the name of god? they are atheist they didn't believe in god and were making others stay with them on that side,would taking their lives count as sin?

................... What the heck are you trying to say? None of that has anything to do with what I said. I said a single sin makes you worthy of death, I didn't say what a sin was.

#49 Posted by Bones309 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

@bones309 said:

@jeepeh said:

Well God is Omnipotent and created the universe, so I'm going to go with yes, he's higher than Galactus.

And David's new born died as a result of David's sin, and he went to Heaven.

And also, God is incapable of sinning, not that he's "above" it in the way you're saying.

Can you show me the comic that states this? Galactus is older than the Marvel Universe I believe. He predates the big bang. Honestly, I think you're having trouble separating your personal religious views from comic book fiction. This is one of the things I hate with GR, the stare, and all this stuff being wrapped up with Christianity.

I'd say killing children is a "sin" but what do I know. Where does it state that David's child went to heaven? How can an "Omnipotent" being be incapable of anything?

#50 Edited by sophia89 (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: ok scratch what i said

what about the plagues of Egypt?

all of these people were punished for pharaoh refusing to let the slaves go.God could have teleported all of them out of Egypt,without anyone getting hurt.

what i am trying to say is sin doesn't count when its for the greater good.so galactus is not sinning by eating those planets.