#1 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

- Battle takes place in a desert.

- No prep, they don't know who they are fighting until the fight begins.

- Morals on.

- This is the What if version of spider-man where he had MA training from wolverine, he was much more serious. He also was more in tune with his spider senses and could shoot bullets from his web shooters. Overall this is a much more serious and well trained spider-man.

- This is the classic version of thing where he was only strong enough to pick up a fire truck.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Thing as in ``5 tons Thing``?

Yup,no way Spider-Man is losing this.

#3 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

They already met in an early Spider-Man, that Thing was not even strong enough to break free of the webbing.

#4 Posted by joewell (6648 posts) - - Show Bio

i would think normal spiderman would win, considering he could beat hulk, this is just unfair

#5 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

5 tons isn't enough to break his webbing?

#6 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

i would think normal spiderman would win, considering he could beat hulk, this is just unfair

lol

I think it is appropriate to call that PIS

#7 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@DedrabbiT:generally, no. If he webs them up good enough. There are instances of slight metahumans breaking the webbing, like Ana Kravinoff, but I suppose sometimes the webbing isn't properly applied or something.

Anyways Spiderman should win

#8 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Normal Spidey wins.

Your argument is invalid.

#9 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just playing devils advocate here. But how can spidey actually knock out Thing? I mean he is made of rock...

#10 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else?

#11 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@DedrabbiT:

Spider Man once picked up a Tank, those get up to 40 tons.

Classic Thing gets clobbered.

Anything from the What If series is just overkill..

"HEY! Can a weak version of Thing beat a giant ball of PIS-energy?".....No, he can't.

#12 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

They already met in an early Spider-Man, that Thing was not even strong enough to break free of the webbing.
#13 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Instead of getting Spiderman the "What If" , give the "What If" to the Thing but make it something different.

#14 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Spidey beat Hulk?

#15 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity:

Not to my knowledge...and if he did, it was either through scientific preparation/specific circumstances....or PIS.

@deadpoolrules:

I'm a nice guy, so i will. :)

#17 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@deadpoolrules:

I'm a nice guy, so i will. :)

Thanks ^^

I hate asking for views,I feel like one of the annoying youtubers. :P

#18 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

How would current Thing fair in a battle like this?

#19 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@DedrabbiT:

MUCH better than Classic Thing.

i still think Spidey would win....but the opinions will split down the middle if you make it Current Thing.

#20 Posted by catofellow (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins here, he is much stronger than Spiderman, if he could tag him it could be a KO.

#21 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@catofellow said:

Thing wins here, he is much stronger than Spiderman, if he could tag him it could be a KO.

Read the thread,we are using Classic Thing,who`s at least 2 times weaker than Spider-Man is. 
Addtionaly,we are using an alternate version of Spider-Man,whose Spider-Sense developed to the point he could prety much see the future,not to mention,willingness to kill and actual training.

(Not to mention,Spidey has taken blows from the Hulk and Rhino in the past,but thats a moot point anyway)
#22 Posted by catofellow (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matezoide2 said:

@catofellow said:

Read the thread,we are using Classic Thing,who`s at least 2 times weaker than Spider-Man is. Addtionaly,we are using an alternate version of Spider-Man,whose Spider-Sense developed to the point he could prety much see the future,not to mention,willingness to kill and actual training. (Not to mention,Spidey has taken blows from the Hulk and Rhino in the past,but thats a moot point anyway)

I did read original post. Maybe I am not familiar with Spiderman's true power, but are you implying he could lift two firetrucks (since Thing is "two times weaker")? Anyway, if we are assuming that Spiderman is stronger than Thing, who has no other additional powers, then this would be a Spite thread since Spider-Man is also faster, more agile, has webbing, can climb walls, has limited pre-cognition....

#23 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@catofellow:

Spidey can lift Tanks. Do the math.

#24 Posted by catofellow (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@catofellow:

Spidey can lift Tanks. Do the math.

OK, a firetruck with water can weigh from 28,000 pounds to 56,000 pounds, or 14 to 28 tons. A tank can weigh upwards of 60 tons. So in other words, this is spite thread, Thing cannot possibly win.

#25 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@catofellow:

Not Classic Thing anyway..

#26 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright guys, this is where i'm putting they're strength for this battle.

Thing can lift a good sized fire truck.

Spidey can lift like a SUV type vehicle.

Does this change anything?

#27 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else?

#28 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#29 Posted by DedrabbiT (587 posts) - - Show Bio

mean.