Spider-Man from "What If" (Earth 8351)

vs

The Bat Family, consisting of...

Bruce Wayne

Dick Grayson

Tim Drake

Jason Todd

And Cassandra Cain

Standard gear for all of them./ The Bat Family is allowed to expand their gear, but nothing outrageous (ex: Insider Suit and such)

The Bat Family is bloodlusted, Spider-Man still has no morals.

The Bat Family is allowed 90 minutes of prep./ Expanded to 4 hours if needed

Pictures not available due to the fact this thread was made on phone (Rectified). So who wins?

Edit: Pictures are now posted, and additional info and changes are in bold, 9/26/13. 4:50 P.M.

#2 Edited by NICK31898 (2180 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version. I'd say spider-man should win, due to sheer strength, and spidey-sense. I've seen him take on the X-men with like it was no problem. is skill set, of dodging attacks, and strength, overpower bat family.

#3 Posted by SpartanR014 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: Even with the prep and the fact Jason and Cass are on the team? is it a stomp? if it is, i didn't intend it. given most of the Bat Family's skill set...

#4 Edited by JetiiMitra (8644 posts) - - Show Bio

If they're restricted to standard gear, then even with the prep I see Spider-man winning. The family has time to strategize and figure out how to put him into put him into sticky situations where he has to take damage. The problem is, that Spider-sense is going to completely unravel quite a few of their plans, and his stats allow him to tank some damage and dodge the rest while one-shotting, not to mention his webs and guns. Possibly a stomp. I'd say Peter 9/10, allowing for flukes.

It'd be more fair if there were more members on the Bat-family and they could use non-standard gear/had more prior information on Spidey.

#5 Edited by MonsterStomp (18130 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat family! Batman, Nightwing and Cassy Cain being the major threat :D

Love you.

#6 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

WI Spider-Man

#7 Posted by Pr0metheus (5164 posts) - - Show Bio

If they are locked to standard gear an hour and a half isnt enough time to counteract his spider sense advantage.

Let them outside of standard gear and they can win. Batman being the MVP

#8 Posted by patrat18 (9791 posts) - - Show Bio

TEAM.

#9 Posted by SpartanR014 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Possibly a stomp? well there goes my first battle thread...

#10 Edited by JetiiMitra (8644 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartanr014: Only possibly, and really, don't feel bad - there have been much worse threads from new users, and some from experienced ones. If you edit your first paragraph to let the Batfamily use more than standard gear, it becomes a closer battle, and more debatable.

#11 Edited by RetconCrisis (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartanr014: You can just edit the post by going to the original post and clicking 'edit'. I think you should give the Bat Family a little more prep (maybe 5 hours) and free to use anything that is Earth technology, then it would be a closer battle. I see this battle having potential, just needs a tweak to the conditions.

#12 Edited by SpartanR014 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: @retconcrisis:

Noted and done, although looking at the edit now, it looks like a mess.

Goddammit.

#13 Edited by NICK31898 (2180 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: Even with the prep and the fact Jason and Cass are on the team? is it a stomp? if it is, i didn't intend it. given most of the Bat Family's skill set...

Think about it. Spider-man can dodge all of X-men, without breaking a sweat. I'm sure with all his effort, he could do the same to the bat familty. Also, he is much stronger than them. His webs are stronger than steel cables, which nobody in the bat family can break with sheer strength.

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20262 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I tried this with Kaine and it doesn't work. Bat-Family would lose.

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (42451 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Spider-Man.

#16 Posted by SpartanR014 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898:

I honestly would have figured people would go with the team given Bruce's extensive prep skills, Cassandra's body reading, and Jason's ruthlessness would have something on Spider-Man especially with the changed OP...

#17 Posted by JetiiMitra (8644 posts) - - Show Bio

I would still say Spider-man, though he wins fewer times. The Bat-family wins a couple because they can now use heavier-duty AOE attacks that they have measures of protection against. I see gases and sonics especially as being crucial for their victories. Both, in sufficiently huge doses, can make Pete sluggish and therefore open to physical damage, where I see piercing weapons like batarangs and guns (hey, Jason) having a pretty immediate effect. Blunt damage won't work at all, but they can all know pressure points/nerve strikes, so the combination of AOE attacks, piercing damage, and pressure points can put him down. Peter still one-shots a few and the family takes casualties and injuries, but I think they can pull it off a couple of times out of ten.

Spider-man wins 8/10 comfortably.

#18 Posted by JetiiMitra (8644 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: @retconcrisis:

Noted and done, although looking at the edit now, it looks like a mess.

Goddammit.

Much better, now. Don't worry too much right now about how the OP looks - that's only secondary to the battle in it.

#19 Posted by SpartanR014 (62 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Funsiized (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey most of the time.

#21 Posted by Shawnbaby (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

What If Spider-Man Stomps. His Spider-Sense was more like full blown pre-cog. was a trained fighter, and had no morals. There'd be nothing stopping him from just snapping their necks.

#22 Edited by dondave (37608 posts) - - Show Bio

Normal Spider-Man would beat them, the better version of him massacres them.

#23 Edited by RetconCrisis (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartanr014: Don't worry, the looks of the OP always messes up after published. And besides, the battle itself is more important than the post's looks.

#24 Posted by SpartanR014 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#25 Posted by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Spider-man stomps.

#26 Posted by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Normal Spider-Man would beat them, the better version of him massacres them.

#27 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20262 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep wouldn't help them here. Peter trained his spider sense to a terrifying degree and to a point where he could predict someone's actions before they even thought of performing them. Here's a moderate example.

#29 Posted by OreoAssassin (5006 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Show another example (I just want to see another scan lol What if Spideys awesome)

#30 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: I'm trying to find the one where it goes into more detail showcasing Peter not allowing his "mentor" to have a knife at breakfast/dinner because he sensed what he would try to do.

#31 Posted by OreoAssassin (5006 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: I'm trying to find the one where it goes into more detail showcasing Peter not allowing his "mentor" to have a knife at breakfast/dinner because he sensed what he would try to do.

This?

#34 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by russellmania77 (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman solos

#37 Posted by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (42451 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by OreoAssassin (5006 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Here's me trying to be kind to Bats and you just amp it up a notch.

#42 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I'm only speaking the truth. This is a Spider-Man who actually took training seriously and made expert assassins like Natasha look like "children".

#43 Edited by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I know i'm just being pedantic but to be fair when fighting seriously even 616 Pete should make Natasha look like a child.

#44 Posted by Shawnbaby (10790 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I'm only speaking the truth. This is a Spider-Man who actually took training seriously and made expert assassins like Natasha look like "children".

And that was with him still clinging to morals and not really even fighting her. In this situation there is absolutely nothing to hold him back.

#45 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I know i'm just being pedantic but to be fair when fighting seriously even 616 Pete should make Natasha look like a child.

Generally, he'd make a large majority of street-levellers look like children if we took The Way of the Spider, his physicals and a serious demeanour.

And that was with him still clinging to morals and not really even fighting her. In this situation there is absolutely nothing to hold him back.

Undoubtedly, especially since he is fully willing to kill and considering that the gap of skill is now smaller than ever while coupling his ridiculously over-powering physicals, it's an overkill in my opinion.

#46 Edited by OreoAssassin (5006 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: who do you think would win- this What If Spidey or Earth 15 Spidey?

#47 Edited by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

@deranged_midget: who do you think would win- this What If Spidey or Earth 15 Spidey?

Well considering Spider was Peter Parker with absolutely No Morals and bonded with Carnage then WI Spidey isn't wining a random encounter as he has no way to put Spider down. However if he has any time to prep he'll win as he'll see all the outcomes before they happen and prep accordingly ala Midnighter.

#48 Edited by OreoAssassin (5006 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: sorry for bothering you but do you think you can give me a link to the Earth 15 Spidey comic appearances/titles he was in? Thanks so much I appreciate it! I can't find them anywhere >.<

#49 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

Well considering Spider was Peter Parker with absolutely No Morals and bonded with Carnage then WI Spidey isn't wining a random encounter as he has no way to put Spider down. However if he has any time to prep he'll win as he'll see all the outcomes before they happen and prep accordingly ala Midnighter.

Agreed, it would depend on if he had prep and if the Carnage symbiote worked in the same way as 616. Otherwise, he's outmatched in physicals and the symbiote could take any of his attacks with ease.

#50 Edited by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

@strider92: sorry for bothering you but do you think you can give me a link to the Earth 15 Spidey comic appearances/titles he was in? Thanks so much I appreciate it!

He appeared in Exiles Volume 1 issues 12, 13, 23, 24, 25, 38, 39, 40, 44, 45, 59 and 83. Pretty sure thats all.