• 141 results
#1 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in Atlanta, Georgia. Inside Philips Arena. The fight is interrupting a Hawks and Lakers game, and everybody is watching.

Both fighters are 20 feet apart, have their standard equipment. The What If Version of Spider-Man (with the greatly enhanced Spider-Sense, and red-and-black costume) is being used, and the current version of Midnighter is being used as well. Who wins?

#2 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman.

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" spiderman. "
Explain.
#4 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

midnighter flirts with pete and all goes from there....
#5 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
" midnighter flirts with pete and all goes from there.... "
*Shudders*
#6 Posted by RaDicalCannibal (1053 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
*exits thread*
#7 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @castleking said:
" spiderman. "
Explain. "
umm... you know why, you bn here long enough
#8 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" umm... you know why, you bn here long enough "
Because you don't like Midnighter? Come on, CK...
#9 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

midnighter's feats are standard street lvler nothing really amazing or can be compared to seasoned metas. he kills ppl who dont display any skill or ability they are simply fodder.

if anything they should show a few metas display powers and abilities in other storylines before they fight mid so that they can be gauged. 

now spidey has meta lvl enemies with established abilities experience and history.

what spidey does against ppl like venom, ironman and other ppl tells a person more about the character then anything.

and the general consensus is that spidey is amazing or outstanding cant remember have to ask reed richards.

#10 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" midnighter's feats are standard street lvler nothing really amazing or can be compared to seasoned metas.
Midnighter is above street level.... >_>
#11 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

thats my point if he is he sure hasnt proven it.

#12 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"thats my point if he is he sure hasnt proven it. "
 you means besides beating 100 people above human levels 
knowing what people will do before they do it  
being fast enough to keep up with spidey 
door for one 
#13 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

matt beat 300 ppl alone  some on mgh. spidey/DD/elektra can counter attacks and one has a limited lvl of precog to the point he also knows likely and future attacks milli seconds before his opponent attacks and reacts... ect ect ect... try again or dont respond to my post. your still on my ignore list.

#14 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"mat beat 300 ppl alone. spidey/DD/elektra can counter attacks and one was a limited lvl of precog to the point he also knows likely and future attacks milli seconds before his opponent attacker reacts... ect ect ect... try again or dont respond to my post. your still on my ignore list. "
were they normal humans he beat? and i could have the number wrong it could have been more, ask buckshot, also heres all ya need 

or just goto my ''midnighter vs 25 or 50'' topic and see how buckshot laid the smack down
#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" thats my point if he is he sure hasnt proven it. "
Buckshot has.
#16 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:

smiles :)
#17 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

buckshot hasnt proven anything that any other street lvler hasnt done. all he has done is exaggerate his feats and down play others making Midnighter's standard feat appear better. its like a promoter doing the same for his fighter. thats why he doesnt like playing feat for feat since everyone else will beat him.

#18 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" matt beat 300 ppl alone  some on mgh. spidey/DD/elektra can counter attacks and one has a limited lvl of precog to the point he also knows likely and future attacks milli seconds before his opponent attacks and reacts... ect ect ect... try again or dont respond to my post. your still on my ignore list. "
You make it sound like DD and Elektra are on Midnighters level.... Trent would slaughter all 3 of them at the same time
#19 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" buckshot hasnt proven anything that any other street lvler hasnt done. all he has done is exaggerate his feats and down play others making Midnighter's standard feat appear better. its like a promoter doing the same for his fighter. thats why he doesnt like playing feat for feat since everyone else will beat him. "
None of this is true. Maybe you haven't be around long enough, but Midnighter is several times greater than many street levelers. Buckshot, to date, hasn't over-exaggerated anything in regards to the character. You just choose to disregard it. Admit it.
#20 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

this is the only site where ppl think so.

aside from that you get ppl who have no knowledge of the characters show them all their best feats and i guarantee you that mid comes up short every time.

#21 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @castleking said:
" thats my point if he is he sure hasnt proven it. "
Buckshot has. "
tempted to post buckshots posts in the midnighter vs 25/50 threads lol, lots of midnighter know how there
#22 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:

" this is the only site where ppl think so.  aside from that you get ppl who have no knowledge of the characters show them all their best feats and i guarantee you that mid comes up short every time. "

Again, this is wrong. You're lucky my computer is still broken...
#23 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

your wrong lets play feat for feat then.  

#24 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@castleking said:

" this is the only site where ppl think so.  aside from that you get ppl who have no knowledge of the characters show them all their best feats and i guarantee you that mid comes up short every time. "

Again, this is wrong. You're lucky my computer is still broken... "
''good static, use your hate....let it flow.''  
lol had to
#25 Edited by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

CK speaks utter BS, he hates midnighter because he can beat wolvie, he's proved a million times that he's above street level

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" your wrong lets play feat for feat then.  
"

Like I said, you're lucky my computer is broken. It's been proven many times that Midnighter is greater than street-leveler. Your bias is blinding you. Something is really wrong with you. There's not very many street levelers that can dupe what Midnighter can do. You're in denial. Get over yourself.
#27 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: If you need midnighter scans I can help you out, I have vol 1 of the authority on my comp
#28 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

This Spider-Man takes this a lot easier than 616 Spidey(who I think still beats Midnighter).

#29 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"This Spider-Man takes this a lot easier than 616 Spidey(who I think still beats Midnighter). "
I doubt the 616 Spidey could win. It was the reason I made this thread. 

@geraldthesloth said:
" @Static Shock: If you need midnighter scans I can help you out, I have vol 1 of the authority on my comp "

I'll get back to you on those.... 

#30 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Gotcha, if you need em I'll be on tomorrow im out later static.
#31 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Static Shock: Gotcha, if you need em I'll be on tomorrow im out later static. "

Dueces.
#32 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
"This Spider-Man takes this a lot easier than 616 Spidey(who I think still beats Midnighter). "
I doubt the 616 Spidey could win. It was the reason I made this thread.
I think he could. It would be a tough fight, I could see it going 50/50.
#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

"
I think he could. It would be a tough fight, I could see it going 50/50. "

I don't even think it's fifty/fifty, mainly because people that aren't even on Midnighter's level has gotten past the Spider-Sense or have been able to trick it (Daredevil). With that being the case, Midnighter would foresee that tactic and exploit it to his advantage. Also, it seems as if the Spider-Sense doesn't go off as often as it should, and he ends on the receiving end of an attack more frequently than he should be. There's no way that 616 Spidey would go fifty/fifty with Midnighter.    
#34 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:

"
I think he could. It would be a tough fight, I could see it going 50/50. "

I don't even think it's fifty/fifty, mainly because people that aren't even on Midnighter's level has gotten past the Spider-Sense or have been able to trick it (Daredevil). With that being the case, Midnighter would foresee that tactic and exploit it to his advantage. Also, it seems as if the Spider-Sense doesn't go off as often as it should, and he ends on the receiving end of an attack more frequently than he should be. There's no way that 616 Spidey would go fifty/fifty with Midnighter.     "
His Spider-Sense not going off is because of Plot. But Midnighter might be able to trick it. Spidey has strength and agility on Midnighter still though. Midnighter has pain resistance though, which could make up for that.
#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"His Spider-Sense not going off is because of Plot. But Midnighter might be able to trick it. Spidey has strength and agility on Midnighter still though. Midnighter has pain resistance though, which could make up for that. "
While it's arguable that the Spider-Sense doesn't go off because of the plot, it happens way too often for it to be considered as such. Even with strength and agility, Midnighter also has an edge in the same physical attributes.
#36 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
"His Spider-Sense not going off is because of Plot. But Midnighter might be able to trick it. Spidey has strength and agility on Midnighter still though. Midnighter has pain resistance though, which could make up for that. "
While it's arguable that the Spider-Sense doesn't go off because of the plot, it happens way too often for it to be considered as such. Even with strength and agility, Midnighter also has an edge in the same physical attributes. "
How strong is Midnighter? His page here is a bit vague on that factor.
#37 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Its plot driven, sometimes they decide to give a reason why it doesn't go off, most the time they don't. As for physcial attributes, I know Midnighter is superhuman, I just think Spider-Man has him beat. Not by a whole lot though.
#38 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
While it's arguable that the Spider-Sense doesn't go off because of the plot, it happens way too often for it to be considered as such. Even with strength and agility, Midnighter also has an edge in the same physical attributes. "
How strong is Midnighter? His page here is a bit vague on that factor. "
Strong enough to kick human heads off with ease
#39 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jx4gz said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
Strong enough to kick human heads off with ease "
Understandable. But I am looking for something more specific than that.
#40 Edited by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Jx4gz said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
Understandable. But I am looking for something more specific than that. "
Well in the first issue of Authority, he was able to lift up and bend train tracks and impale a metahuman with them. So I think he must be at least in the 2 ton range to be able to lift the tracks and bend them.

I really don't know what strenght class to put him in, but he hits hard enough to hurt meta humans so I think he has some degree of super strenght

I don't think he can lift as much as Spidey, but he can hit at least as hard as he can if not harder.
#41 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jx4gz said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
Understandable. But I am looking for something more specific than that. "
Well in the first issue of Authority, he was able to lift up and bend train tracks and impale a metahuman with them. So I think he must be at least in the 2 ton range to be able to lift the tracks and bend them.  I really don't know what strenght class to put him in, but he hits hard enough to hurt meta humans so I think he has some degree of super strenght "
Thanks for the assistance, at any case.
#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

He was able to make Apollo bleed.
#43 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i thnk Buckshot did this battle before..  
either way it came down to Spiderman Pulling the victory in the end..  
i personally would go with Midnighter..  
i thnk overloading the Spidersence could Cripple spiderman and Give midnighter the Battle..  
his Battle computer should take the Spidersence into account..
#44 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

I think his speed would be too much for Spidey

#45 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

could be but you have to remember Spiderman has Super speed as well..  
they are evenly matched.
#46 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman cant move faster then the eye can see though.
They arent evenly matched, The only thing Spidey might have over Midnighter is physical strenght and thats only in a lifting sense ...

#47 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@acewasp23 said:
"i thnk Buckshot did this battle before..  either way it came down to Spiderman Pulling the victory in the end..  i personally would go with Midnighter..  i thnk overloading the Spidersence could Cripple spiderman and Give midnighter the Battle..  his Battle computer should take the Spidersence into account.. "
How would he overload it though? The Spider-Sense isn't the same as it once was, and it has expanded to the point that he has true precognition (knowing things before they happen and the nature of the attack, rather than spontaneously reacting to the Spider-Sense going off like it used to). What could Midnighter possibly do to overload it? With the battle computer taking the enhanced Spider-Sense into account, how would the battle computer find a way around it, when Spidey would know every attack before Midnighter could pull it off?
#48 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Spiderman keep up with Midnighters speed though? Thats what I want to know ...

#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jx4gz said:
"Spiderman cant move faster then the eye can see though.

Yes, he can.
#50 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio