• 70 results
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Precise

The Spider-Man What if version, which the whole pre-cog danger sense vs the copying Mimic from the Exiles. Who will win? Mimic has the following persons powers: Wolverine, Colossus, Northstar, Beast, Cyclops. The fight will take place in an abandoned street, so no worries for innocent bystanders. They fight in character!

What if Spidey!
 What if Spidey!
Exiles Mimic
Exiles Mimic
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Couldn't he just swap Beast's powers for Spider-man's powers including his Danger Sense? Exiles Mimic is pretty powerful. I don't think any version of Spider-Man could take even Exiles Mimic.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@DedmanWalkin:  To my knowledge Mimic can only mimic mutant powers.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Baldy

Pretty sure Spider-Man wins this. While Mimic has a wide range of abilities they are all at half power.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

What If Spidey's Precog was so good that he could tell what exactly was going to happen before it did.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
" What If Spidey's Precog was so good that he could tell what exactly was going to happen before it did. "
To the point of knowing the exact words someone would use.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Matezoide2

Spider-Man

not only he is much stronger than classic (not in physical force),Mimic can only absorb mutant powers

also,even if he could absorb Spider-Man's powers,he doesnt have the experience to use then to the extant What-If? Spider-Man can

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" What If Spidey's Precog was so good that he could tell what exactly was going to happen before it did. "
To the point of knowing the exact words someone would use. "
True but Mimic can copy Spider-Mans danger sense, he hasn't got the restrictions that 616 mimic has for only copying mutants. Exiles Mimic has copied the hulks power, phoenix and deadpools power before. He will not be as skilled with his danger sense as Spider-Man though, he will need time to practice with it. But he still has durability advantage, and even speed/flight advantage. Plus he has optic beams.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By castleking
mimic would when he has major durability and the optic blast will come in handy
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Precise said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Lunacyde said:
To the point of knowing the exact words someone would use. "
True but Mimic can copy Spider-Mans danger sense, he hasn't got the restrictions that 616 mimic has for only copying mutants. Exiles Mimic has copied the hulks power, phoenix and deadpools power before. He will not be as skilled with his danger sense as Spider-Man though, he will need time to practice with it. But he still has durability advantage, and even speed/flight advantage. Plus he has optic beams. "
It depends on the skill and refinement with which he will use Spider-man's spider sense, then. Let me tell you that this version of Spider-man was absolutely no different from the on in Earth 616, until a certain event that caused him not to return to the US after his encounter with Wolverine in Germany. Basically, the whole difference in this version's spider sense was done by the extensive training Spider-man received, with his spider sense gradually growing as his skills grew. So, even if Mimic could (and I have no doubt that he could) copy his spider sense, the act of copying it, in itself grants him a rather small advantage. His other advantages (excluding durability) can be negated as a result of the afore mentioned.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_ said:
" It depends on the skill and refinement with which he will use Spider-man's spider sense, then. Let me tell you that this version of Spider-man was absolutely no different from the on in Earth 616, until a certain event that caused him not to return to the US after his encounter with Wolverine in Germany. Basically, the whole difference in this version's spider sense was done by the extensive training Spider-man received, with his spider sense gradually growing as his skills grew. So, even if Mimic could (and I have no doubt that he could) copy his spider sense, the act of copying it, in itself grants him a rather small advantage. His other advantages (excluding durability) can be negated as a result of the afore mentioned. "
You're absolutely right, and i have also read the What If myself =) I even think Spider-Man might be a better hand to hand combatant, although Mimic has trained a lot with the X-Men before he joined the Exiles. I think it's a tough fight to call to be honest, that's why i made it :p.

There's also the speed advantage Mimic has with the powers of Northstar. It's one thing knowing that the attack will come, it's another however to be able to respond to it in time. And I don't remember the What If spidey ever fighting speedster so i'm not sure how he'll react to that. But in order for Mimic to use his superior speed he'll also has to lose the armor that 
Colossus's powers give him or he'll be slowed down too much.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Precise said:

You're absolutely right, and i have also read the What If myself =) "

Excuse me then, for I thought you had not.

I even think Spider-Man might be a better hand to hand combatant, although Mimic has trained a lot with the X-Men before he joined the Exiles.

I do not think his fighting skills can be appropriately judged for the sole reason that it was the combination of skill and his vastly upgraded spider sense that turned him into such a deadly foe. It's fair to assume he is far above the regular version, but how well would he fare against established fighters of the MU, we can only speculate.

There's also the speed advantage Mimic has with the powers of Northstar. It's one thing knowing that the attack will come, it's another however to be able to respond to it in time. And I don't remember the What If spidey ever fighting speedster so i'm not sure how he'll react to that.

Speed could be a dangerous asset, indeed. I am not familiar with this version of Mimic, but he does sound lethal. Could he achieve full, or merely a portion of Northstar's speed? Spider-man has reacted to speedsters in the past, but it depends upon the circumstances. Seeing that Mimic possesses Colossus' strength, he could overwhelm Spider-man with his punches, even though Spidey has shown a high level of durability against vastly superior characters, strength wise. But that could be averted seeing that, as you said, Mimic's speed would decrease greatly by using Colossus armoured form.

And you are correct, Spider-man did not fight any speedsters in that What If?
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_ said:
" Excuse me then, for I thought you had not. 
No problem! =)

" I do not think his fighting skills can be appropriately judged for the sole reason that it was the combination of skill and his vastly upgraded spider sense that turned him into such a deadly foe. It's fair to assume he is far above the regular version, but how well would he fare against established fighters of the MU, we can only speculate. 
Well, he was trained by Wolverine, so I assume his fighting skills are at least higher then 616 spider-man. But you are correct, it's merely speculation on my part.

" Speed could be a dangerous asset, indeed. I am not familiar with this version of Mimic, but he does sound lethal. Could he achieve full, or merely a portion of Northstar's speed?
Well, all of Mimics copied powers are only half as strong as the originals. So theoretically Mimic should be able to reach half of the speed of light. 

@Morpheus_ said:
"Spider-man has reacted to speedsters in the past, but it depends upon the circumstances. Seeing that Mimic possesses Colossus' strength, he could overwhelm Spider-man with his punches, even though Spidey has shown a high level of durability against vastly superior characters, strength wise. But that could be averted seeing that, as you said, Mimic's speed would decrease greatly by using Colossus armoured form.

And you are correct, Spider-man did not fight any speedsters in that What If?
"
Same goes for Colossus, Mimic has only half his strength so about 50 tons. It's still higher than spider-mans and should hurt Spider-Man IF he connects with him. Mimic is very creative with his powers however as he turned completely human and flew with full speed towards his opponent, namor, and at the last possible second turned into his armoured form. So he turned his own body into a battering ram you might say. The biggest problem for Mimic would be actually tagging him. He did went full spread with his optic beams once much like Cyclops is able to. But Spider-Man would most likely foresee this.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Baldy
@Morpheus_ said:  
Speed could be a dangerous asset, indeed. I am not familiar with this version of Mimic, but he does sound lethal. Could he achieve full, or merely a portion of Northstar's speed? Spider-man has reacted to speedsters in the past, but it depends upon the circumstances. Seeing that Mimic possesses Colossus' strength, he could overwhelm Spider-man with his punches, even though Spidey has shown a high level of durability against vastly superior characters, strength wise. But that could be averted seeing that, as you said, Mimic's speed would decrease greatly by using Colossus armoured form. "
As I said in my earlier post this version of Mimic only gets half power from anything he copies. So he'd only go half as fast as Northstar.

As most of the advantages of the spidey sense came from fine tuning it and lots of practice, copying half of his normal spidey sense wouldn't be that useful.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Precise
@Baldy said:
"As most of the advantages of the spidey sense came from fine tuning it and lots of practice, copying half of his normal spidey sense wouldn't be that useful. "
Completely true. But Mimic wouldn't just gain his spidey sense, also his agility and reflexes. And perhaps his webbing but i don't know if that's a power or if he uses webshooters to be honest. It would still be superior to Beasts powers.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SwaggaB0y

is Spider-man a mutant?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Baldy said:

" @Morpheus_ said:  

Speed could be a dangerous asset, indeed. I am not familiar with this version of Mimic, but he does sound lethal. Could he achieve full, or merely a portion of Northstar's speed? Spider-man has reacted to speedsters in the past, but it depends upon the circumstances. Seeing that Mimic possesses Colossus' strength, he could overwhelm Spider-man with his punches, even though Spidey has shown a high level of durability against vastly superior characters, strength wise. But that could be averted seeing that, as you said, Mimic's speed would decrease greatly by using Colossus armoured form. "

As I said in my earlier post this version of Mimic only gets half power from anything he copies. So he'd only go half as fast as Northstar.  

As most of the advantages of the spidey sense came from fine tuning it and lots of practice, copying half of his normal spidey sense wouldn't be that useful. "
I am unfamiliar with this Mimic, hence why rely on information by you guys. But even half of Northstar's speed would benefit him. 

Something which I pointed out and agree with, myself.

@Precise said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" Excuse me then, for I thought you had not. 

No problem! =)

" I do not think his fighting skills can be appropriately judged for the sole reason that it was the combination of skill and his vastly upgraded spider sense that turned him into such a deadly foe. It's fair to assume he is far above the regular version, but how well would he fare against established fighters of the MU, we can only speculate. 

Well, he was trained by Wolverine, so I assume his fighting skills are at least higher then 616 spider-man. But you are correct, it's merely speculation on my part.

" Speed could be a dangerous asset, indeed. I am not familiar with this version of Mimic, but he does sound lethal. Could he achieve full, or merely a portion of Northstar's speed?

Well, all of Mimics copied powers are only half as strong as the originals. So theoretically Mimic should be able to reach half of the speed of light. 

"

Good to see that we are in agreement about these.

Same goes for Colossus, Mimic has only half his strength so about 50 tons. It's still higher than spider-mans and should hurt Spider-Man IF he connects with him.

It would hurt him, but Spider-man takes hits from people of that range regularly. It won't knock him out. 

Mimic is very creative with his powers however as he turned completely human and flew with full speed towards his opponent, namor, and at the last possible second turned into his armoured form. So he turned his own body into a battering ram you might say. The biggest problem for Mimic would be actually tagging him. He did went full spread with his optic beams once much like Cyclops is able to. But Spider-Man would most likely foresee this.

The problem with this is that unless Mimic is aware that this version of Spider-man will know what he'll do before he does it, I doubt if he would go forth with a speed attack right from the go. Giving Spider-man the opening to use his spider sense would enable him to anticipate any immediate offensive tactics from that point on.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Precise
@SwaggaB0y said:
" is Spider-man a mutant? "
It doesn't matter, Exiles Mimic can copy his powers. 616 Mimic can only copy mutants powers.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Precise said:
" @Baldy said:
"As most of the advantages of the spidey sense came from fine tuning it and lots of practice, copying half of his normal spidey sense wouldn't be that useful. "
Completely true. But Mimic wouldn't just gain his spidey sense, also his agility and reflexes. And perhaps his webbing but i don't know if that's a power or if he uses webshooters to be honest. It would still be superior to Beasts powers. "
Yes, he uses webshooters. This version changed his life years prior to the Queen, or the Other incidents.

@SwaggaB0y said:
" is Spider-man a mutant? "

No.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SwaggaB0y

no lol I just wanted to know lol it was like an off-topic  question I always wanted to know.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@SwaggaB0y said:
" no lol I just wanted to know lol it was like an off-topic  question I always wanted to know. "
You never heard the "boy gets bit by spider" story?
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_ said:
It would hurt him, but Spider-man takes hits from people of that range regularly. It won't knock him out. 

The problem with this is that unless Mimic is aware that this version of Spider-man will know what he'll do before he does it, I doubt if he would go forth with a speed attack right from the go. Giving Spider-man the opening to use his spider sense would enable him to anticipate any immediate offensive tactics from that point on. "
You're right, it wouldn't knock him out. But it would effect him. Mimic effectively won't tire seeing as he has Wolverine's and Colossus's powers. So he can keep it up for quite some time. If Spider-Man can't take out Mimic he will eventually tire out.

True, Mimic will most likely start of in his armoured form with his claws and optic beams seeing as that's pretty much always his tactic at first. If he notices that doesn't work he will switch tactics from that point on. As i said before, he's quite creative with his powers. But as long as Mimic stays in his armoured form I can't see how Spider-Man will hurt him, Mimic has taken punches from an Alternate Hulk/Namor before who seemed powerwise quite similar to their 616 counterparts.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@Morpheus_ said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" no lol I just wanted to know lol it was like an off-topic  question I always wanted to know. "
You never heard the "boy gets bit by spider" story? "
I have I just wanted to know what was it classified under is all.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Baldy
@Morpheus_ said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
You never heard the "boy gets bit by spider" story? "
Hahaha

@Precise said:
" @Baldy said:
Completely true. But Mimic wouldn't just gain his spidey sense, also his agility and reflexes. And perhaps his webbing but i don't know if that's a power or if he uses webshooters to be honest. It would still be superior to Beasts powers. "

That's a good point, he would indeed get everything.

@Morpheus_ said:
I am unfamiliar with this Mimic, hence why rely on information by you guys. But even half of Northstar's speed would benefit him. 

Yes it would but keep in mind that he can't be in organic steel mode and use Northstar's speed at the same time, and when he fights he uses organic steel a lot.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Baldy said:

"
 @Morpheus_ said:

Yes it would but keep in mind that he can't be in organic steel mode and use Northstar's speed at the same time, and when he fights he uses organic steel a lot. "
Yes, I have taken that into consideration. 

@Precise said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

The problem with this is that unless Mimic is aware that this version of Spider-man will know what he'll do before he does it, I doubt if he would go forth with a speed attack right from the go. Giving Spider-man the opening to use his spider sense would enable him to anticipate any immediate offensive tactics from that point on. "

You're right, it wouldn't knock him out. But it would effect him. "

Surely.

Mimic effectively won't tire seeing as he has Wolverine's and Colossus's powers.

I take it he can use powers inadvertedly then? Because Wolverine's healing factor is not a consciously controlled power.

Colossus does not require sustaining while in organic steel mode, but Mimic will not be in that form for the entirety of the fight. And despite that, since Mimic only copies every power but has 50% of the full ability of the original, his healing factor will be good, but not equal to Logan's, and accordingly, his durability while in armour form won't be equal to Colossus. Most importantly, the abilities he will copy from Spider-man will be decreased by 50%, as well.  

So he can keep it up for quite some time. If Spider-Man can't take out Mimic he will eventually tire out.  

Based on the afore mentioned, it won't be that easy. Spider-man has kept fighting Morlun while sleepless and exhausted for two days, he can give his all, if needed (the sol reason I use something the 616 version of Spider-man did is because they are identical, physically speaking, and Spider-man had not been enhanced in his original fight with Morlun by the Queen incident). 

Also, he does have conscious control over his blasts, unlike Cyclops, I take it? 

As i said before, he's quite creative with his powers. But as long as Mimic stays in his armoured form I can't see how Spider-Man will hurt him, Mimic has taken punches from an Alternate Hulk/Namor before who seemed powerwise quite similar to their 616 counterparts.  

You could always give him adamantium bullets to change that, but it would probably tip the balance too much.

I'm torn so far, truth be told.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Are the exiles characters trained to kill? I can imagine Mimic would hesitate before going for the kill, something "What if Spider-Man" would easily overcome.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_ said:
"I take it he can use powers inadvertedly then? Because Wolverine's healing factor is not a consciously controlled power.

Colossus does not require sustaining while in organic steel mode, but Mimic will not be in that form for the entirety of the fight. And despite that, since Mimic only copies every power but has 50% of the full ability of the original, his healing factor will be good, but not equal to Logan's, and accordingly, his durability while in armour form won't be equal to Colossus. Most importantly, the abilities he will copy from Spider-man will be decreased by 50%, as well.  

Yes, he can. He heals all the time similar to Wolverine. It was the same when he took Deadpools healing, his body was in a constant state of healing, thus also receiving the scars that deadpool has. 

If he notices his tactics aren't working against Spidey and he feels a tactic without his armoured form is better he will not hesitate to shift out. But his healing will continue nonetheless, so he will still outlast Spider-Man in pure stamina. And his healing factor is indeed 50% of that of Wolverine. I'm not sure about the durability but i do believe you're right. When Mimic was in a fight with adamantium clawed wolverine he was cut. I don't believe regular 616 colussus would have been cut by him. Then again he did withstood a large explosion which did harm Namor. And yes, all powers he copies will be 50%.

"
Based on the afore mentioned, it won't be that easy. Spider-man has kept fighting Morlun while sleepless and exhausted for two days, he can give his all, if needed (the sol reason I use something the 616 version of Spider-man did is because they are identical, physically speaking, and Spider-man had not been enhanced in his original fight with Morlun by the Queen incident). 

Also, he does have conscious control over his blasts, unlike Cyclops, I take it?  
That's true. I have no doubt in my mind that Spider-Man can take a brutal beating and go on. But don't forget he has also been knocked out and defeated by much less. Right now you're picking out one of best feat involving stamina. Which in turn I could say that Mimic withstood a blast from an Alternate Phoenix or a large explosion as aforementioned and kept going. 

In the beginning he had to use ruby glasses, but during the stories progress he had learned to control his optic blast to a high degree. Similar as to how Cyclops has used it with his visor. 

@Morpheus_ said:
" You could always give him adamantium bullets to change that, but it would probably tip the balance too much.

I'm torn so far, truth be told. "
Yeah but then it would be a curbstomp in spidey's favour :p
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Precise
@texasdeathmatch said:
" Are the exiles characters trained to kill? I can imagine Mimic would hesitate before going for the kill, something "What if Spider-Man" would easily overcome. "
Mimic won't kill. Unless he has absolutely no other choice but he will try to avoid it at all costs.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Precise: Interesting. Well I could see Spiderman movin in quick, dodging optic blasts, and getting the neck snap real fast.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Baldy
@Precise said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

You're right, it wouldn't knock him out. But it would effect him. Mimic effectively won't tire seeing as he has Wolverine's and Colossus's powers. So he can keep it up for quite some time. If Spider-Man can't take out Mimic he will eventually tire out.  True, Mimic will most likely start of in his armoured form with his claws and optic beams seeing as that's pretty much always his tactic at first. If he notices that doesn't work he will switch tactics from that point on. As i said before, he's quite creative with his powers. But as long as Mimic stays in his armoured form I can't see how Spider-Man will hurt him, Mimic has taken punches from an Alternate Hulk/Namor before who seemed powerwise quite similar to their 616 counterparts. "
Mimic does get tired as can been seen in the issue where they have to take out the X-Men and kill Dark Phoenix. He fights a pretty brutal (and awesome) battle with Wolverine and is quite obviously tired at the end of it.

As for the second point I agree completely that if Mimic should suspect that a certain tactic isn't working out he'll definetely change. I think one of the main points we need to consider is if he will be able to figure Spider-Man out in time?
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Precise
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @Precise: Interesting. Well I could see Spiderman movin in quick, dodging optic blasts, and getting the neck snap real fast. "
If Mimic is in his armoured form? He doesn't have the strength for it.
And if he's in human form he has access to amazing speed, so that won't be an easy task either.

@Baldy said:
" Mimic does get tired as can been seen in the issue where they have to take out the X-Men and kill Dark Phoenix. He fights a pretty brutal (and awesome) battle with Wolverine and is quite obviously tired at the end of it.  As for the second point I agree completely that if Mimic should suspect that a certain tactic isn't working out he'll definetely change. I think one of the main points we need to consider is if he will be able to figure Spider-Man out in time? "
But that's because he was hurt, not because he was tired i think. And your second point is quite true, but Mimic is pretty intelligent.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Precise said:

"Yes, he can. He heals all the time similar to Wolverine. It was the same when he took Deadpools healing, his body was in a constant state of healing, thus also receiving the scars that deadpool has. 

If he notices his tactics aren't working against Spidey and he feels a tactic without his armoured form is better he will not hesitate to shift out. But his healing will continue nonetheless, so he will still outlast Spider-Man in pure stamina. And his healing factor is indeed 50% of that of Wolverine. I'm not sure about the durability but i do believe you're right. When Mimic was in a fight with adamantium clawed wolverine he was cut. I don't believe regular 616 colussus would have been cut by him. Then again he did withstood a large explosion which did harm Namor. And yes, all powers he copies will be 50%.
 "

It would depend on Namor's level of hydration at the time. Also, all these are done with the assumption that every single character is equal to his 616 counterpart in every single way, which would be rather unlikely. 

That's true. I have no doubt in my mind that Spider-Man can take a brutal beating and go on. But don't forget he has also been knocked out and defeated by much less. Right now you're picking out one of best feat involving stamina. Which in turn I could say that Mimic withstood a blast from an Alternate Phoenix or a large explosion as aforementioned and kept going.

Concerning the Phoenix feat, it would again depend on if Mimic did it on his own healing power. Also, I can't help but point out that you asked for stamina, not durability, which your "knocked out and defeated" example falls under. The Phoenix example or the large explosion also fall under durability.

Thanks for the info, and I agree that the bullets would indeed change the stakes, and I enjoy the debate better this way.
Avatar image for the_incredible_huck
The Incredible Huck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mimic. What is Spidey going to do to him? The only edge Spidey has is his danger sense. Even with that, how is he fast enough to avoid a series of attacks coming at half the speed of light? Spidey is fast, and has some of the best reflexes in comics, but no way can he avoid that kind of speed for very long. Mimic just grinds him down and wears him out. All he needs is just one hit with his claws or optic blast and its goodnight Spidey.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Baldy
@Precise said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @Precise: Interesting. Well I could see Spiderman movin in quick, dodging optic blasts, and getting the neck snap real fast. "
If Mimic is in his armoured form? He doesn't have the strength for it.
And if he's in human form he has access to amazing speed, so that won't be an easy task either.

@Baldy said:
" Mimic does get tired as can been seen in the issue where they have to take out the X-Men and kill Dark Phoenix. He fights a pretty brutal (and awesome) battle with Wolverine and is quite obviously tired at the end of it.  As for the second point I agree completely that if Mimic should suspect that a certain tactic isn't working out he'll definetely change. I think one of the main points we need to consider is if he will be able to figure Spider-Man out in time? "
But that's because he was hurt, not because he was tired i think. And your second point is quite true, but Mimic is pretty intelligent. "
Yeah no way is Spider-Man going to be able to hurt Mimic that easily in armored form. As for the post wolverine fight shot, your opinion is quite valid it could be taken either way.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_ said:
"It would depend on Namor's level of hydration at the time. Also, all these are done with the assumption that every single character is equal to his 616 counterpart in every single way, which would be rather unlikely.  
I believe he was fully hydrated as the sea was actually next to them. The explosion that caused massive fire of course dehydrated him but that was his plan all along. He did kill Namor in that reality because he had no other choice really. And no, i'm basing this on his feats, namor was clearly stronger in the beginning of the battle. And seeing as Mimic was already in the 50 ton class it's a safe bet he's similar to him, maybe slightly less powerful but not much different.

" Concerning the Phoenix feat, it would again depend on if Mimic did it on his own healing power. Also, I can't help but point out that you asked for stamina, not durability, which your "knocked out and defeated" example falls under. The Phoenix example or the large explosion also fall under durability.

Thanks for the info, and I agree that the bullets would indeed change the stakes, and I enjoy the debate better this way. "
I believe it was more thanks to Colossus's durability. Not so much the healing. And you got me there, it's indeed a durability feat. Mimic did however lived for years on a brood infested planet and survived there. So that might be a testament to his own willpower to win and survive. But you're quite right it was a durability feat.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Spidey destroys him

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Baldy

@Precise said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"It would depend on Namor's level of hydration at the time. Also, all these are done with the assumption that every single character is equal to his 616 counterpart in every single way, which would be rather unlikely.  
I believe he was fully hydrated as the sea was actually next to them. The explosion that caused massive fire of course dehydrated him but that was his plan all along. He did kill Namor in that reality because he had no other choice really. And no, i'm basing this on his feats, namor was clearly stronger in the beginning of the battle. And seeing as Mimic was already in the 50 ton class it's a safe bet he's similar to him, maybe slightly less powerful but not much different.

" Concerning the Phoenix feat, it would again depend on if Mimic did it on his own healing power. Also, I can't help but point out that you asked for stamina, not durability, which your "knocked out and defeated" example falls under. The Phoenix example or the large explosion also fall under durability.

Thanks for the info, and I agree that the bullets would indeed change the stakes, and I enjoy the debate better this way. "
I believe it was more thanks to Colossus's durability. Not so much the healing. And you got me there, it's indeed a durability feat. Mimic did however lived for years on a brood infested planet and survived there. So that might be a testament to his own willpower to win and survive. But you're quite right it was a durability feat. "
Man I remember that battle now, that was epic. I'm going to have to re-read exiles again I love that series. Yeah if I remember right Namor was almost fully hydrated at the start of the fight and Mimic tussled with him for awhile on the losing side untill the explosion when the tables got turned. After Mimic killed him and left the inferno I believe he was glowing red and had to cool himself off in the sea.

On the Brood world wasn't he also carrying a larva at the time? Or am I thinking of somthing else?

I'm no longer so certain who would win. This is a pretty good fight.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Precise said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"
I was speaking generally, not focusing on the Namor example.

I believe it was more thanks to Colossus's durability. Not so much the healing. And you got me there, it's indeed a durability feat. Mimic did however lived for years on a brood infested planet and survived there. So that might be a testament to his own willpower to win and survive. But you're quite right it was a durability feat.

I don't think it's plausible for Colossus to survive a blast from the Phoenix, seeing that certain temperatures can liquefy his armoured form, Phoenix can achieve them, and Mimic is only at 50% of what Colossus is. Unless Phoenix did not strike at him with full (or anywhere near full) power.

And no problem.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Precise
@Baldy said:
" Man I remember that battle now, that was epic. I'm going to have to re-read exiles again I love that series. Yeah if I remember right Namor was almost fully hydrated at the start of the fight and Mimic tussled with him for awhile on the losing side untill the explosion when the tables got turned. After Mimic killed him and left the inferno I believe he was glowing red and had to cool himself off in the sea.  On the Brood world wasn't he also carrying a larva at the time? Or am I thinking of somthing else?  I'm no longer so certain who would win. This is a pretty good fight. "
It was a badass fight, and yeah you're right if he got out of his armoured form he would burn alive because he was so hot. And he was carrying a larva afterwards, it seriously boosted his powers when he was under the effect of it. And he killed Sunfire then.

@Morpheus_ said:
"I was speaking generally, not focusing on the Namor example.
I don't think it's plausible for Colossus to survive a blast from the Phoenix, seeing that certain temperatures can liquefy his armoured form, Phoenix can achieve them, and Mimic is only at 50% of what Colossus is. Unless Phoenix did not strike at him with full (or anywhere near full) power.

And no problem.
"
Yup, but the Phoenix was weaker. And he copied the power of the Phoenix at that time. Half the power of the Phoenix is quite impressive and can get you a long way in battle with her.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Precise said:
" Yup, but the Phoenix was weaker. And he copied the power of the Phoenix at that time. Half the power of the Phoenix is quite impressive and can get you a long way in battle with her. "
Well that does add something more to that feat. 

All these have been highly informative, if I might add.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Precise said:
" Yup, but the Phoenix was weaker. And he copied the power of the Phoenix at that time. Half the power of the Phoenix is quite impressive and can get you a long way in battle with her. "

"
Yup, forgot about that to be honest. I'm not sure if he got blasted before or after he copied the Phoenix's powers though.. Honestly, i'm still not sure about the outcome.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Precise said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Precise said:

"
Yup, forgot about that to be honest. I'm not sure if he got blasted before or after he copied the Phoenix's powers though.. Honestly, i'm still not sure about the outcome. "
I'm not certain either, but I do lean towards Mimic, based on what is being presented - his speed being the most decisive factor.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_ said:

" I'm not certain either, but I do lean towards Mimic, based on what is being presented - his speed being the most decisive factor. "

Same here, only for me the deciding factor is his durability. 

Nice debate though! Thanks =) And Baldy as well.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Baldy
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Precise said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Precise said:

"
Yup, forgot about that to be honest. I'm not sure if he got blasted before or after he copied the Phoenix's powers though.. Honestly, i'm still not sure about the outcome. "
I'm not certain either, but I do lean towards Mimic, based on what is being presented - his speed being the most decisive factor. "
Yeah I'm thinking the same really. 

Mimic is going to attack in his normal battle mode, after some time getting hit by Spider-Man and failing to hit him in return he's going to switch to speed blitz as he's going to realise that he can't hit Spider-Man any other way. We know that he can take the punishment while he decides what to do due to his fight with Namor. I see the only real problem with this being Spider-Man's sense, he'll know that Calvin is going to change form and surely it's got to be atleast a second while he shifts off the organic steel that he's going to be vulnerable.

If Spider-Man gets even one hit on Calvin after he turns off the steel and before he starts using his super quick flight I think Mimic might be toast. If Spider-Man doesn't take advantage of that opening he's probably going to be in trouble as even though he'll see it coming i don't think he has the reflexes to fight even half Northstar speed.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Baldy
@Precise said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

" I'm not certain either, but I do lean towards Mimic, based on what is being presented - his speed being the most decisive factor. "

Same here, only for me the deciding factor is his durability.   Nice debate though! Thanks =) And Baldy as well. "
You don't think Spider-Man can hurt him in organic steel form? Your rope-a-dope strategy could work if that is the case. Now that i think about it... you might be right. Even if he does hurt him in organic steel form we know from the Wolverine fight that he can heal while armored up so if it's only minor damage it could take awhile to put him down. In that time it is feasable that Spider-Man could get tired and thus hittable.

How fast would Spider-Man get tired you think? Do you think Calvin's durability and healing factor would give him enough staying power to last that long?
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Precise
@Baldy said:
" @Precise said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

Same here, only for me the deciding factor is his durability.   Nice debate though! Thanks =) And Baldy as well. "
You don't think Spider-Man can hurt him in organic steel form? Your rope-a-dope strategy could work if that is the case. Now that i think about it... you might be right. Even if he does hurt him in organic steel form we know from the Wolverine fight that he can heal while armored up so if it's only minor damage it could take awhile to put him down. In that time it is feasable that Spider-Man could get tired and thus hittable.  How fast would Spider-Man get tired you think? Do you think Calvin's durability and healing factor would give him enough staying power to last that long? "
That last part is what i'm not sure of. If Spidey gets tired Mimic can switch to his normal form and speedblitz him without too much trouble. He can tire him by shooting optic blasts at him making him dodge it. If he gets tired he can just unleash a widespread optic beam to take him out as well. But Spider-Man does have amazing willpower and stamina so if it works it would take a pretty long time.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Baldy
@Precise said:
" @Baldy said:
" @Precise said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

You don't think Spider-Man can hurt him in organic steel form? Your rope-a-dope strategy could work if that is the case. Now that i think about it... you might be right. Even if he does hurt him in organic steel form we know from the Wolverine fight that he can heal while armored up so if it's only minor damage it could take awhile to put him down. In that time it is feasable that Spider-Man could get tired and thus hittable.  How fast would Spider-Man get tired you think? Do you think Calvin's durability and healing factor would give him enough staying power to last that long? "
That last part is what i'm not sure of. If Spidey gets tired Mimic can switch to his normal form and speedblitz him without too much trouble. He can tire him by shooting optic blasts at him making him dodge it. If he gets tired he can just unleash a widespread optic beam to take him out as well. But Spider-Man does have amazing willpower and stamina so if it works it would take a pretty long time. "
Yeah I think while Mimic will no doubt outlast Spider-Man I don't think his durability will last the length of time it will no doubt take. It's a pretty good idea but I'm not so sure about it.

I think one thing we can all agree on though is that if he goes into speed blitz mode Spider-man is going down.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Precise said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

Anytime. 

You should visit to the battles forum more often.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Precise
@Morpheus_: I have bad experiences with trolls :p
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By castleking

did they eat ur children or postpone ur travels?