What If

Killerjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killerjax

This has most likely been done and if it hasnt might seem retarded..

These are things ive been wondering for a while and want to know how strong Superman would be and who could possibly take him down if

1. He became the Host of Spectre (strongest incarnation)

2. He became the Host of Parallax (strongest incarnation)

Tier 1 entities would probably take him by tier 1 i mean people in Luci, Michaels or Presence's league (I had a really good list of DC strongest according to tiers! dunno where it is)

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

This thread would be better suited to the General Discussion board..

Killerjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killerjax

Yeah i was thinking that.. but it does qualify as a vs Thread, because i could simply put Superman as Spectre host/Parallax host vs DC Universe (aside from the presence etc)

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
The physical capabilities Superman possesses would be irrelevant on the occasion he'd become the host of the Spectre. His soul would be bonded to the Angel, not his body. And taking into account Superman's personality, he'd actually be one of, if not the, weakest host of the Spectre, ever.

Parallax is a different matter and it could possibly result in him being extremely powerful, even though not as powerful as Zero Hour Parallax, or anywhere near it. Hal had absorbed the entire Central Power battery along with energies from the Anti-Monitor to further enhance himself, the fear entity on its own is not that powerful.
Killerjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Killerjax

@Morpheus_ said:

The physical capabilities Superman possesses would be irrelevant on the occasion he'd become the host of the Spectre. His soul would be bonded to the Angel, not his body. And taking into account Superman's personality, he'd actually be one of, if not the, weakest host of the Spectre, ever.

Parallax is a different matter and it could possibly result in him being extremely powerful, even though not as powerful as Zero Hour Parallax, or anywhere near it. Hal had absorbed the entire Central Power battery along with energies from the Anti-Monitor to further enhance himself, the fear entity on its own is not that powerful.

I was under the impression that Superman (at his strongest) was much stronger than Hal Jordan (at his strongest without Parallax, spectre etc)

So Spectres actual strength is dependant on his hosts persona? If Superman was bloodlusted as Spectres host would that make much difference?

How does Hal Jordan being the host of Parallax make him stronger than Superman if he was the host?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Killerjax said:

@Morpheus_ said:

I was under the impression that Superman (at his strongest) was much stronger than Hal Jordan (at his strongest without Parallax, spectre etc)

So Spectres actual strength is dependant on his hosts persona? If Superman was bloodlusted as Spectres host would that make much difference?

How does Hal Jordan being the host of Parallax make him stronger than Superman if he was the host?

Spectre relies on the host's moralities to govern what actions he takes against those that deserve a visit from the Wrath of God.  

He already explained that Hal Jordan was amped on the entire Central Power batter and energies from the Anti-Montior when he was bonded to the fear entity.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Killerjax said:

I am unsure what you mean by stating, at his strongest. I'm using regular New Earth and pre-New 52 Superman. Superman against Hal Jordan is a fight with a debatable outcome, though.

It is a fairly important factor. Jim Corrigan, the Spectre's most potent host managed to embrace his mission for the greatest part, and did so for decades, resulting in him performing in levels neither Hal Jordan, nor Crispus Allen have come close to. It's not a matter of bloodlust, either. Just about any character can be bloodlusted every once in a while. But the Spectre's mission of vengeance in often cruel and sadistic ways is as much away from Kal's ways as possible.

It doesn't, all the additional things I listed in my initial post do.

Killerjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Killerjax

@Morpheus_ said:

I see, I had my ideas wrong then. Thanks for the Clarification i guess this thread is basically moot now.