What DC character would you put on Doctor Doom's level?

• 54 results
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RainEffect

This is a battle. You are finding a DC character who is on Doctor Doom's level, not above. Describe how the person can win!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

In terms of what? Battle skill? Magic? Intelligence?

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RainEffect
@CitizenBane: All of the above.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Saren

I think a fight between Doom and a prepped John Constantine would be cool.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

hmmmm......

Darkseid??

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RainEffect
@CitizenBane said:

Cheers. I pretty much made this thread because of my misjudgement of the Loki and Dr. Doom vs Darkseid thread. xD

@cattlebattle said:
hmmmm......  Darkseid??

Haha, I originally thought that, but I got told very differently.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By nefarious

Despero.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

@Nefarious said:

Despero.

Despero would kill Doom.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nefarious
@CitizenBane: Oh, I thought this was based on intelligence. My bad.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
@RainEffect said:
@CitizenBane said:

Cheers. I pretty much made this thread because of my misjudgement of the Loki and Dr. Doom vs Darkseid thread. xD

@cattlebattle said:
hmmmm......  Darkseid??
Haha, I originally thought that, but I got told very differently.
Maybe Wotan
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Ra's Al Ghul

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By whacknasty

@cattlebattle: Good one.

Maybe one of the Brainiacs? : /

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SteveRogers

Not too many

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Havenless
@Enzeru

...From Marvel? The Hobgoblin? I couldn't think of a character Doom would stomp faster.

I'm nearly positive you mean from DC, which would probably... be... (checking encyclopedia)... Demon, maybe? He has the magical component, but not super bright. 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@Enzeru said:

@Havenless said:
@Enzeru: ...From Marvel? The Hobgoblin? I couldn't think of a character Doom would stomp faster. I'm nearly positive you mean from DC, which would probably... be... (checking encyclopedia)... Demon, maybe? He has the magical component, but not super bright.
Yeah I mean DC and no, Demon it's not the character. If I would read his name, I would be like: "Oh god damn, yes of course!" I think he mostly had to deal with Zatanna, so he could be one of her villains, but he is a villain on a large scale I would say since he seems to be powerful. He is all about demons and magic and seems to need a summon to be set free or something like that. It's not Etrigan. If someone was playing DC Universe Online... When you play as a villain, you have to face Zatanna and free him. In the fight Zatanna summons the demon Etrigan!

Eclipso.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Havenless

Eclipso kind of  sounds like who you're talking about, but he's no match for Victor.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saren

@Havenless said:

Eclipso kind of sounds like who you're talking about, but he's no match for Victor.

Are you joking? Eclipso's a Spectre villain, for god's sake. Victor would need huge amounts of prep.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Billy Batson

Since it's DC not DCU so I'm assuming you can use characters from Vertigo and Wildstorm.
BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

@Enzeru: Felix Faust and Manitou Raven are good examples.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@Enzeru said:

@CitizenBane said:

Are you joking? Eclipso's a Spectre villain, for god's sake. Victor would need huge amounts of prep.
Didn't know that. What about the others? Brother Blood and Felix Faust. I just know them by their names.

Don't know a lot about those two. Zatanna has a villain called Brother Night who's pretty menacing. If you include magic users from Vertigo and Wildstorm, there's Timothy Hunter and Zealot.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Havenless
@CitizenBane

@CitizenBane said:

@Havenless said:

Eclipso kind of sounds like who you're talking about, but he's no match for Victor.

Different characters have different powers, villains work to strengths and weaknesses.

All Doom needs to know is that Eclipso is magic reliant and sunlight is his kryptonite. 

Doom has gone against demi-god demon character many times. As far as I know Eclipso doesn't blitz, and has specific magic powers.

Doom could sorcerize sunlight.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Saren

@Havenless said:

@CitizenBane:

@CitizenBane said:

@Havenless said:

Different characters have different powers, villains work to strengths and weaknesses. All Doom needs to know is that Eclipso is magic reliant and sunlight is his kryptonite. Doom has gone against demi-god demon character many times. As far as I know Eclipso doesn't blitz, and has specific magic powers. Doom could sorcerize sunlight.

Sunlight was Jean Loring Eclipso's kryptonite, and that was only because she was placed in a non-decaying orbit. Regular Eclipso would just have his corporeal form destroyed, he'd still be able to kill Doom. Eclipso manipulated the Spectre into killing all the major magic users on the planet, and blew up the moon in Brightest Day. Does that sound like someone Doom could kill without any prep?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Saren

I thought it was PIS that Batman could kick around Luthor's warsuit, but in the Black Ring arc Deathstroke did the same thing. I don't know what to believe.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Havenless
@CitizenBane: @CitizenBane said:

@Havenless said:

@CitizenBane:

@CitizenBane

said:

@Havenless said:

Different characters have different powers, villains work to strengths and weaknesses. All Doom needs to know is that Eclipso is magic reliant and sunlight is his kryptonite. Doom has gone against demi-god demon character many times. As far as I know Eclipso doesn't blitz, and has specific magic powers. Doom could sorcerize sunlight.

Sunlight was Jean Loring Eclipso's kryptonite, and that was only because she was placed in a non-decaying orbit. Regular Eclipso would just have his corporeal form destroyed, he'd still be able to kill Doom. Eclipso manipulated the Spectre into killing all the major magic users on the planet, and blew up the moon in Brightest Day. Does that sound like someone Doom could kill without any prep?

Well Played, Mauer.

The answer then is probably Lex Luthor, if you're referring to 'on his level' as not too low or high relatively. Though Luthor never created a time machine and doesn't know a lick of magic, he's *basically* DC's Dr. Doom... though I would compare him more to Tony Stark.

Can't really think of anyone who's similar enough, which is a testament, really, seeing as how almost every character has a ripoff of him in the other company. Maybe Doom did initially start as a Luthor clone but progress into something more.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis

Prometheus

Lex

Kobra/Jason

Maybe Vandal Savage and T.O.Morrow

I'm only using human characters,masterminds,prep master like Doom himself

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@CitizenBane said:

I thought it was PIS that Batman could kick around Luthor's warsuit, but in the Black Ring arc Deathstroke did the same thing. I don't know what to believe.

Cornell is like Gail Simone,he can be trusted with the plot and the characterization,but power level NO.His Lex stomped Brainiac and was holding his own against Larfleeze.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scarbearer

I'm having a tough time with this one, because most of the matches I can think off either have some consistent short coming that we've seen Doom counter easily on similar Marvel characters. or they are so over powered that it's not really a fair match.

I'm having a very hard time finding an 'even' match.

For instance, I was going to suggest Gorilla Grodd, but I'm pretty sure Doom has both magic and tech defenses against Telepathy up at all times. From there despite a strength/durability edge for Grodd, Doom just has firepower that's way to overwhelming.

I'm pretty well stumped.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis

Overall the current Kobra AKA Jason Burr has the most potential to be DC's Doom,check Faces of Evil Kobra and the JSA vs Kobra mini.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nefarious

Felix Faust? Dr. Fate?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Saren

@Nefarious said:

Felix Faust? Dr. Fate?

Fate might be too powerful. No idea about Faust.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nefarious

@CitizenBane: Hmmm....this is difficult. To find someone that is in Victor's league is a big challenge. I'll think about this some more.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By difficlus

Brainiac

Eclipso

Mongul

Shazam

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Lex Luthor.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Morpheus_ said:

Lex Luthor.

Kobra wipes his ass clean boy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By dernman  Online

@Havenless said:

@Havenless said:

@CitizenBane:

@CitizenBane

said:

@Havenless said:

Well Played, Mauer. The answer then is probably Lex Luthor, if you're referring to 'on his level' as not too low or high relatively. Though Luthor never created a time machine and doesn't know a lick of magic, he's *basically* DC's Dr. Doom... though I would compare him more to Tony Stark. Can't really think of anyone who's similar enough, which is a testament, really, seeing as how almost every character has a ripoff of him in the other company. Maybe Doom did initially start as a Luthor clone but progress into something more.

On one point you are wrong. Luthor has created a time machine before. I can't remember all of them but the last one was in Superboy preflashpoint.

Luthor sent SB into the past for a cure to his sisters cancer then promptly destroyed the cure before giving it to her..

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dex_Starr

Lex Luthor is easily on par with Doom in terms in intellect, the dude recently became an abstract level being.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Dernman said:

@Havenless said:

@Havenless said:

@CitizenBane:

@CitizenBane

said:

@Havenless said:

Well Played, Mauer. The answer then is probably Lex Luthor, if you're referring to 'on his level' as not too low or high relatively. Though Luthor never created a time machine and doesn't know a lick of magic, he's *basically* DC's Dr. Doom... though I would compare him more to Tony Stark. Can't really think of anyone who's similar enough, which is a testament, really, seeing as how almost every character has a ripoff of him in the other company. Maybe Doom did initially start as a Luthor clone but progress into something more.

On one point you are wrong. Luthor has created a time machine before. I can't remember all of them but the last one was in Superboy preflashpoint.

Luthor sent SB into the past for a cure to his sisters cancer then promptly destroyed the cure before giving it to her..

He did'nt create it,it was already available in the fortress of solitude.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Lex Luthor.

Hush with the bait, son.

I never got to read that JSA vs Kobra mini, though.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Morpheus_ said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Lex Luthor.

Hush with the bait, son.

I never got to read that JSA vs Kobra mini, though.

Shame on you,read that and his Faces of Evil.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis: I stopped after Geoff's run on JSA ended, I have the rest of that volume but I'd rather read that mini-series in its proper order, despite being standalone. I'll pick up the FoE one-shot, though.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Morpheus_ said:

@entropy_aegis: I stopped after Geoff's run on JSA ended, I have the rest of that volume but I'd rather read that mini-series in its proper order, despite being standalone. I'll pick up the FoE one-shot, though.

And then prepare to be overwhelmed by the snake god.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By The_Assassin_

I find the notion that any other character could be on Doom's level insulting... 

You will now be executed...
 You will now be executed...
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Billy Batson

@Mikepool:

pffft
BB

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Billy Batson: You mad Billy?
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Billy Batson

@Mikepool:

nope, but obviously you are since you posted that.
BB