Any average joe with the cosmic cube.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Killemall

@tron_bonne: All the cosmic cube user has to do is wish he could kill magneto, and he would be killed. As it is cosmic cube is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Powergem, so i think anyone with a cosmic cube would win with ease.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Void_Paladin

1. Magneto's reaction time is>>>>>>>>>>>>>> greater than the average human.

2. Joe won't get a chance to do anything before Magnus shuts down his brain.

3. Magneto could win this without the power gem.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tron_bonne

Awesome but what does the Power Gem do for Magneto?

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Freefa11

@tron_bonne: The power gem should amplify all of his normal abilities to a higher level. Generally the Power Gem, by itself, works on more of a subconscious level, so at the start of the fight, Magneto would just be Magneto. As the fight progressed and Magneto became more and more angry and/or desperate, the gem would continually amp him to a higher and higher degree. Assuming he lived long enough.

Pound for pound, I would say a Cosmic Cube is leagues superior to the Power Gem, mainly in versatility, but also in raw power (unless the gem user is abnormally proficient). However, Cosmic Cubes are not invincible, and depend on intelligence and creativity. Even then, Red Skull got one and was defeated, and Doom got one and was defeated. Star Lord also got one, and was stupid enough to drop the damn thing at least once (I'm not counting Thanos because it was later revealed he lost mainly because he subconsciously wanted to). In the instance with Doom, it was also shown that even with the Cube, prep time, and an ambush, he was barely above Galactus' level (obviously Magneto is nowhere near this, I'm just pointing out they have limits). Oh, and Pip at one point gained possession of the Cosmic Egg, a device composed of many Cosmic Cubes, and he was basically one-shotted by Silhouette because he was too stupid to use it properly. And he got it in the first place by grabbing it and using it before the Goddess could react to stop him.

So basically, the Cube does not automatically confer any special intelligence, insight, durability, or reaction time to the user unless maybe they specifically wish for it. Also, the Cubes themselves are not indestructible by any means. Considering Joe Average is fairly stupid and sluggish compared to Magneto, he should actually have a chance if he acts quickly.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Would the cosmic cube grant the average joe's wish if that person wished that Magneto had no powers and was a normal, old man?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto kills him before he has time to use it.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Boobster

LOL, what ? People really think Cosmic Cube > Power Gem ?????

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sideslash

@Boobster: No, people think Cosmic Cube >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Power Gem. And I can see that argument.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Boobster

@Sideslash: And why is that ?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Freefa11 said:

@tron_bonne: The power gem should amplify all of his normal abilities to a higher level. Generally the Power Gem, by itself, works on more of a subconscious level, so at the start of the fight, Magneto would just be Magneto. As the fight progressed and Magneto became more and more angry and/or desperate, the gem would continually amp him to a higher and higher degree. Assuming he lived long enough.

Pound for pound, I would say a Cosmic Cube is leagues superior to the Power Gem, mainly in versatility, but also in raw power (unless the gem user is abnormally proficient). However, Cosmic Cubes are not invincible, and depend on intelligence and creativity. Even then, Red Skull got one and was defeated, and Doom got one and was defeated. Star Lord also got one, and was stupid enough to drop the damn thing at least once (I'm not counting Thanos because it was later revealed he lost mainly because he subconsciously wanted to). In the instance with Doom, it was also shown that even with the Cube, prep time, and an ambush, he was barely above Galactus' level (obviously Magneto is nowhere near this, I'm just pointing out they have limits). Oh, and Pip at one point gained possession of the Cosmic Egg, a device composed of many Cosmic Cubes, and he was basically one-shotted by Silhouette because he was too stupid to use it properly. And he got it in the first place by grabbing it and using it before the Goddess could react to stop him.

So basically, the Cube does not automatically confer any special intelligence, insight, durability, or reaction time to the user unless maybe they specifically wish for it. Also, the Cubes themselves are not indestructible by any means. Considering Joe Average is fairly stupid and sluggish compared to Magneto, he should actually have a chance if he acts quickly.

I agree.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'd say the person with the Cosmic Cube wins.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pooty

@Boobster said:

@Sideslash: And why is that ?

The power gem would only augment the power of the average joe. The cosmic cube alters reality. The cosmic cube could just wish the "average joe" away. The power gem would remain but the average joe would be dead.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Boobster

@pooty: All power in the universe > reality altering.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Freefa11

@Boobster said:

LOL, what ? People really think Cosmic Cube > Power Gem ?????

Why would the power gem by itself be better than a cosmic cube? Dr. Doom with the cube defeated Galactus. Thanos with the Cube enslaved Kronos. Champion with the Gem lost to Thanos. Drax with the Gem lost to Thor. Thor with the Gem lost to Thanos. Do you have any examples of the Gem doing something especially powerful?

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Boobster

@Freefa11:

You sure those dumbs knew how to use Power Gem ?

As for Doom, there was a series of artifacts as long as prep and PIS, didn't Galactus resisted like 5 of them ?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pooty

@Boobster: An average Joe would not know what to do with the gem either. A cosmic cube is easier to use.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Boobster

@pooty said:

@Boobster: An average Joe would not know what to do with the gem either. A cosmic cube is easier to use.

Yes, because Magneto is an average Joe and you tested Cosmic Cube yourself to say it's easier to use ....

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pooty

@Boobster: Magneto knows has as much experience with the power gem as i do with a cosmic cube. No i've read enough comics to know they're easier to use. You think it, it happens.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By PikminMania

Well for starters Magneto could show you how to make good threads using the cosmic cube...

larryman296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By larryman296

If Magneto allows the average joe to utilize the Cosmic Cube, then he's done for. But he could always prevent the guy from using the CC by shutting down his brain. Toss up.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By dernman

Not if the guy altered himself where Magnetos powers have no effect on him. I know the first thing I would do is amp myself so things like that wouldn't effect me.