• 60 results
Goldfinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Goldfinch

Didn't Voyager have some kind of Q weapons which can actually kill Q? 

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

Only another Q can kill Q. Voyager had no weapons that could kill Q.

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what are you guys talking about

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Assman

Beyonder (SW), Michael or Lucifer, Mxy, to name just a few.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kadeem

Ultimate Nullifier
Ultimate Nullifier
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Assman
@kadeem said:

Ultimate Nullifier
Ultimate Nullifier
And that :-)
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kadeem
@Assman: What about Max Faraday pre-suicide?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Probably a lot of things. Pretty sure Q said that the Q are not omnipotent, despite popular opinion. 

But yeah, Q can kill other Q.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kadeem
@JediXMan said:
Probably a lot of things. Pretty sure Q said that the Q are not omnipotent, despite popular opinion.   But yeah, Q can kill other Q.
I'm not the most familiar with Star Trek, but is there more than one Q?
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Assman
@kadeem said:
@JediXMan said:
Probably a lot of things. Pretty sure Q said that the Q are not omnipotent, despite popular opinion.   But yeah, Q can kill other Q.
Yes, they are a species, I guess you could say, that have evolved over a millenia..  They have been at war with themselves/factions within the Q, as seen in Star Trek Voyager S3, I believe.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@kadeem said:
@JediXMan said:
The Q are a race of powerful beings. 

I am no expert; for further reading, I suggest this link.It's a good source. It's the Star Trek version of Wookieepedia.
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kadeem
@JediXMan: Thanks bro.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@kadeem said:
@JediXMan: Thanks bro.
Anytime.
MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrSeaman70

My S can kill Q :)

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Picard
@DrEgonSpengler said:
Only another Q can kill Q. Voyager had no weapons that could kill Q.
I completely agree. If he is truly omnipotent nothing can touch him. :)
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was shown in the show that other Q could permanently effect Q. They punished him several times. That seems to imply that other sufficiently powerful reality manipulators could do the same. 

It depends on the power levels you think they would have in respect to one another.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By joshmightbe
No Caption Provided
PushMunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PushMunky

During their civil war, the Q fashioned weapons suitable for the Q to kill each other with, and at one point, several crew members of U.S.S. Voyager did get their hands on some of them. Because humans are not capable of comprehending the continuum (the native realm of the Q) as it truly is, their perception of it was made to resemble that of a scene from the U.S.'s civil war. The weapons capable of killing the Q looked like civil war muskets & pistols.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/\ True.
Doctor_Quantum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Doctor_Quantum

@Goldfinch said:

Didn't Voyager have some kind of Q weapons which can actually kill Q?

I'd say any character that, on actual feats, is way above the Q and can attack in ways beyond the purely physical could kill him. Beyonder, Galactus, Living Tribunal, Celestials (some of them anyway), had vastly superior feats even though I love Q and am tempted to play the "omnipotence" card. But that word gets tossed around easily and applied to characters that clearly are not omnipotent.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Void_Paladin

With enough time...Guinan. (Whoopi Goldbreg's character.)

Goldfinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Goldfinch

@Void_Paladin said:

I will never understand why Q was afraid of Guinan, obviously Q is not that powerful...

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ms__omega

Adult Franklin Richards

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pokergeist

Choas Gods or C'Tan.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

@Goldfinch said:

@Void_Paladin said:

I will never understand why Q was afraid of Guinan, obviously Q is not that powerful...

He was not scared of her. He was repulsed by her. She was annoying to him. And she was probably granted some other kind of power by another Q.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Anything omnipotent. God Spwan. Galactus. Malebolgia. Celestials. A few non-omnipotents who might.

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By venomsapprentice

@joshmightbe said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Picard

@Goldfinch said:

@Void_Paladin said:

He was never afraid of her, in fact he said: Picard, if you had half the sense you pretend to have, you would get her off your ship immediately -- and if you like I will be more than pleased to expedite her departure.

venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By venomsapprentice

@Picard said:

@Goldfinch said:

@Void_Paladin said:

He was never afraid of her, in fact he said: Picard, if you had half the sense you pretend to have, you would get her off your ship immediately -- and if you like I will be more than pleased to expedite her departure.

It's implied that Guinan has some kind of relationship with the Guardian of Forever.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had a Q musket under the bar.

raxtsfk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By raxtsfk

Galactus can't defeat Q.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AtPhantom

@venomsapprentice said:

It's implied that Guinan has some kind of relationship with the Guardian of Forever.

Uh, when?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@AtPhantom said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Uh, when?

I think it was an alternate version of Guinan. I'll need to re-check it though. I could be completely wrong.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Picard

@venomsapprentice said:

@Picard said:

@Goldfinch said:

@Void_Paladin said:

In Star Trek canon? No. Also muskets you referring to are only symbolic representation Q weapons, they realy don't look that way. Also I doubt that Guinan have such powerful weapon and never used it against against the Borg etc.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fetts

Q has stated that he is indeed omnipotent (TNG: True Q). I don't think he can be killed. Perhaps by other omnipotent beings they can.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Baldy

@venomsapprentice said:

@Picard said:

@Goldfinch said:

@Void_Paladin said:

You must be talking about Engines of Destiny. Star Trek novels arn't canon. Q wasn't afraid of her, he just didn't like her and vice versa.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AtPhantom

@Fetts said:

Q has stated that he is indeed omnipotent (TNG: True Q). I don't think he can be killed. Perhaps by other omnipotent beings they can.

Yeah, a statement from a well known consumate liar is not the most reliable thing in the world. Especially when we have other Q contradicting it.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Baldy

@Fetts said:

He can be killed, this is made very clear in Voyager when he's injured by Q weaponry. It's also impossible for him to be omnipotent, as you cannot be omnipotent if you are equal in power to anything else, and he is equal in power to other Q.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 8765309

4th doctor with the Key to time. 

Time vortex absorbed Rose aka Bad wolf 

Man just the doctor and his tardis No weapons no no plan, no prep. Just the doctor and his Tardis 

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fetts
@AtPhantom said:

@Fetts said:

Yeah, a statement from a well known consumate liar is not the most reliable thing in the world. Especially when we have other Q contradicting it.

I was referring to JXM's comment that he made like a year ago (didn't want to bother him for a comment he made such a long time ago). He said that Q has stated that he isn't omnipotent. 

@Baldy said:

@Fetts said:

He can be killed, this is made very clear in Voyager when he's injured by Q weaponry. It's also impossible for him to be omnipotent, as you cannot be omnipotent if you are equal in power to anything else, and he is equal in power to other Q.

I didn't watch much of Voyager. Would there be a video of this on Youtube?
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Baldy

@Fetts said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Fetts said:

I was referring to JXM's comment that he made like a year ago (didn't want to bother him for a comment he made such a long time ago). He said that Q has stated that he isn't omnipotent.

@Baldy said:

@Fetts said:

It's not just a disguised Q power either, because humans were able to wield the weapons.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fetts
@Baldy: Ah. I see. Though I'd ask if all of this was legit. I mean, why would Q willingly go out like that, when he could have just snapped the muskets out of existence? Was he perhaps toying with everybody? Even if he was willing to die he seemingly didn't want Janeway to be killed in the process. He could have snapped her to a safe distance. He almost seemed... powerless. Was that other Q dampening his powers or something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 8765309
@Baldy said:

@Fetts said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Fetts said:

@Baldy

said:

@Fetts said:

It's not just a disguised Q power either, because humans were able to wield the weapons.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Fetts
@8765309: That, I have seen. Let it be noted that really is no evidence of Q actually being harmed. He is clearly shocked but he doesn't seem to be hurt in any way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 8765309
@Fetts: lol it was just a joke. evidence has already been posted. Q weapons can kill Q's. The weapons biggest feat is making Suns supernova. The 1th Doctor made a sun go supernova with his Tardis just to send a Goodbye message to Rose. Quinn stated Q's are not Immortal in his conversation with Tuvok in the episode Death Wish. Q wanted to turn Striker into a Q. They said Humans would become more powerful than the Q continuum. Q's aren't immortal. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. They aren't even the most powerful beings feat wise in the Star Trek Universe in my opinion.
SonicAndGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SonicAndGoku

You can't kill immortal beings you can DEFEAT them but you can't KILL them. And i say SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!!!!!

THE GOD OF THEM ALL!
THE GOD OF THEM ALL!
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fetts
@8765309 said:
@Fetts: lol it was just a joke. evidence has already been posted. Q weapons can kill Q's. The weapons biggest feat is making Suns supernova. The 1th Doctor made a sun go supernova with his Tardis just to send a Goodbye message to Rose. Quinn stated Q's are not Immortal in his conversation with Tuvok in the episode Death Wish. Q wanted to turn Striker into a Q. They said Humans would become more powerful than the Q continuum. Q's aren't immortal. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. They aren't even the most powerful beings feat wise in the Star Trek Universe in my opinion.
The "1th" Doctor? As in Doctor Who? What does he have to do with this? 

As the link JXM provided link states, what he said was questionable. 

I think Q wanted Riker as a member of the continuum because they underestimated man's potential. That doesn't necessarily mean they become more powerful. 

Also, I'm talking about omnipotence, not immortality. 

I will say though that I'm tempted to watch some of these episodes you speak of.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By 8765309
@Fetts said:

@8765309 said:

The "1th" Doctor? As in Doctor Who? What does he have to do with this?  As the link JXM provided link states, what he said was questionable.  I think Q wanted Riker as a member of the continuum because they underestimated man's potential. That doesn't necessarily mean they become more powerful.  Also, I'm talking about omnipotence, not immortality.   I will say though that I'm tempted to watch some of these episodes you speak of.
10*th 

quinn states they aren't omnipotent in the same tuvok scene. The Doctor is coolest Ex Ducha MAchina ever.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fetts
@8765309 said:
@Fetts said:

@8765309 said:

The "1th" Doctor? As in Doctor Who? What does he have to do with this?  As the link JXM provided link states, what he said was questionable.  I think Q wanted Riker as a member of the continuum because they underestimated man's potential. That doesn't necessarily mean they become more powerful.  Also, I'm talking about omnipotence, not immortality.   I will say though that I'm tempted to watch some of these episodes you speak of.
10*th 

quinn states they aren't omnipotent in the same tuvok scene. The Doctor is coolest Ex Ducha MAchina ever.
Ah..... That would seem to be solid evidence that Q aren't entirely omnipotent. I guess I didn't recall that last bit of what Q said to Riker. 

Though I'm still wondering what Doctor Who has anything to do with Star Trek. 
venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By venomsapprentice

@Baldy said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@Picard said:

@Goldfinch said:

@Void_Paladin said:

You must be talking about Engines of Destiny. Star Trek novels arn't canon. Q wasn't afraid of her, he just didn't like her and vice versa.

Yeah that was it. Whatever the case, she must have SOMETHING to put Q on edge.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Picard

@Baldy said:

@Fetts said:

Yes, he is equal in power to other members of his own species, who also can be omnipotent - how thas this prove that Q Continuum is not all powerful? Also Voyager writing... not the best in the word...

@8765309 said:

@Fetts: lol it was just a joke. evidence has already been posted. Q weapons can kill Q's. The weapons biggest feat is making Suns supernova. The 1th Doctor made a sun go supernova with his Tardis just to send a Goodbye message to Rose. Quinn stated Q's are not Immortal in his conversation with Tuvok in the episode Death Wish. Q wanted to turn Striker into a Q. They said Humans would become more powerful than the Q continuum. Q's aren't immortal. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. They aren't even the most powerful beings feat wise in the Star Trek Universe in my opinion.

No, Q are immortal - entire episode was about consequences of member of Continuum dying - that never happened before. Thats why Continuum didn't let Quinn to commit suicide. Also blowing up stars - that was only side effect of Q's weapon, those weapons were used on entirely different plane of existence yet they still could affect our reality in significant way...