Wesley Gibson (Wanted) vs Neo (First Matrix only)

• 62 results
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

Wesley Gibson

No Caption Provided

VS

Neo (Only first Matrix feats)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Neo is pre-rebirth. (no flight or stopping bullets with a thought)
  • Each get a pair of barettas with 16 shots in each. No reloading.
  • No prep.

No Caption Provided

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Both are bullet-timers so I can't see either of them getting shot by the other. Ultimately, this battle would be decided by a H2H contest, where Neo has a pretty wide advantage. So Neo wins.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both are bullet-timers so I can't see either of them getting shot by the other. Ultimately, this battle would be decided by a H2H contest, where Neo has a pretty wide advantage. So Neo wins.

Possibly.

I'm curious if Neo could actually dodge bullets from Wesley though. He's never faced a marksman like him. The guy can shoot bullets out of the air.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Huey_Freeman34

this deserves a BUMP!

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Neo wins because Wanted is one of the worst action movies ever made.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gibson in a shoot out

Neo slaughters him in H2H

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey_freeman34: No, I'm serious, it was an abomination. Just watch this guys 2 part review. Wanted is an idiotic, soulless, brainless and boring waste of time not even worth the labeling of simply mediocre:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh I hated Wanted.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo easily

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Your opinion is stupid.

How about you watch the reviews on why the movie sucks and say why they're wrong before insulting me, m'kay buddy? ;)

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thitiki

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: I've seen reviewers say it was entertaining. Did you mommy not take to to see it now you're butthurt?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Wanted was enjoyable, the effects were decent and a naked Angelina Jolie made my day....the ending was also pretty cool and so was the quote "Shoot this mothaf*cka".

At the end of the first film, Neo stopped bullets. If the OP is referring to Thomas before he ate a whole clip of .45 caliber rounds, then Wesley might have a good chance. Problem is Tom of course can dodge bullets faster than Wes can, dodging curved bullets will be new and he might get hit. Tom isn't a bad shot, but his bullets would probably get blocked by Wes's. Chances are, Anderson gets skimmed like how he did against the agent but the damage isn't bad enough to take him out of the game and he can close the distance between he and Gibson and beat his ass.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: I've seen reviewers say it was entertaining. Did you mommy not take to to see it now you're butthurt?

Thanks for acting mature, giving an intelligent defense and not crying like a fanboy. Oh wait, you did none of those things No, I'm butthurt by:

1) It's sexist depiction of women; every women in the movie is either a slut without a personality, a slut with a mean personality, or a b*tch

2) The "loom of fate" thing makes no sense for hundreds of reasons. First of all, why would these people spend countless hours (Possibly days) dissecting a piece of cloth. Second, how does the tapestry know who is going to kill people? Third, how far does it's range go? I mean, it was probably not made in America as it was found thousands of years ago, does it just do it for everybody in the world? Fourth, if there were two people with the same name, what do they do, just kill both people?

3) It rips off countless other movies (The plot of Fight Club, the fights of The Matrix, the twist of The Empire Strikes Back, the premise of Minority Report, e.t.c)

4) The action is boring and repetitive

5) The score is boring and uninspired

6) The ending makes no sense as Wesley's bullet would have been thrown off balance by the Soda can, he's willing to have an innocent person die in order to get revenge on Sloan and Sloan has at least 7 seconds to move out of the way but just stands still to deliver an awful stinger.

7) If the Fraternity wanted to kill Wesley's father, and Wesley was the only person he wouldn't kill, why not just capture Wesley and tell his father that they will kill Wesley if he doesn't surrender himself?

8) If Sloan wants to make money, why not sell that Deus Ex Machina clay that heals all wounds?

9) It's mean spirited and ugly in tone and plot

And many, many more reasons...

Have fun enjoying your terrible, insipid and painful action movie.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DBVSE7

Ugh.. Neo O.o and yea Wanted sucked.. Only good scene was naked Angelina Jolie..

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Lol at being that butthurt over a movie. Keep thinking it's bad though. :)

And yet you refute none (And I repeat NONE) of my points...That is the very definition of fanboy right there.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Most of your points are opinions. How do I argue with someone that says the action is boring and repetitive like okay?

No Caption Provided

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Floopay
Loading Video...

Neo wins.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo stops his bullets and then uses superior h2h skills to beat him down.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

Neo easily. He was stopping bullets and flying in the first Matrix.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Super_Buck

*Gibson opens fire*

Neo: "No".

*bullets stop in mid air*

*Gibson is out of bullets*

*Neo beats him with one arm*

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_buck: @rogueshadow: I think the OP's intent was to use Neo before his "rebirth" otherwise there'd be nothing to debate.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

@super_buck: @rogueshadow: I think the OP's intent was to use Neo before his "rebirth" otherwise there'd be nothing to debate.

I know. I will still mock him for his foolishness in that he did not specify.

You fool!

There.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: The film Wanted is one of my favorite films of all time. Yes. I tried to watch the video review but I couldn't last more than 4:19 of it. The reviewer sound like a little whiny brat which is funny since he is claiming that is what Wesley was.

1) It's sexist depiction of women; every women in the movie is either a slut without a personality, a slut with a mean personality, or a b*tch

There are a lot of movies that have sexist depictions of women. However, this film doesn't show one decent individual except Fox and Wesley. Everyone else is a terrible human being. Fox got almost more character development than Wesley. You trippings my doode.

2) The "loom of fate" thing makes no sense for hundreds of reasons. First of all, why would these people spend countless hours (Possibly days) dissecting a piece of cloth. Second, how does the tapestry know who is going to kill people? Third, how far does it's range go? I mean, it was probably not made in America as it was found thousands of years ago, does it just do it for everybody in the world? Fourth, if there were two people with the same name, what do they do, just kill both people?

I haven't watched the film in years. I do not remember the details. However, they point out that it is worthless and a lie. I can answer your questions with my imagination but I am slightly busy and want to answer the rest of your points.

3) It rips off countless other movies (The plot of Fight Club, the fights of The Matrix, the twist of The Empire Strikes Back, the premise of Minority Report, e.t.c)

I haven't seen Fight Club but as far as I know it is nothing like Wanted. The rest seem like nitpicky complaints with all due respect. The film did not rip off one movie but did drew inspiration from other films so what. I'm sorry but I find this complaint unrelatable. I love the twist and it is a tradition in movies to have every once in a while IMHO thanks to Star Wars.

Subjective.

6) The ending makes no sense as Wesley's bullet would have been thrown off balance by the Soda can, he's willing to have an innocent person die in order to get revenge on Sloan and Sloan has at least 7 seconds to move out of the way but just stands still to deliver an awful stinger.

I dislike complaints like this. This is clearly a fictional tale where 'magic' can exist. He bends bullets. He knowns which bullet can not be thrown of balance.

And, yes he is willing to kill an innocent person. He is taking control of his life that is the message of the film. Hence, why it ends withc Wesley asking the audience, "what the **** have you done?"

7) If the Fraternity wanted to kill Wesley's father, and Wesley was the only person he wouldn't kill, why not just capture Wesley and tell his father that they will kill Wesley if he doesn't surrender himself?

Cross (his father) would not surrender. He would plan a rescue mission which he attempts to do several times during the film. Imagine if Wesley would have wanted to escape the Fraternity. He would have gotten away from the beginning of the film. They knew the only way to kill Cross was to make Wesley believe he killed his father or else they would have risked a rescue attempt where Wesley teams up with Cross instead of fighting against him.

8) If Sloan wants to make money, why not sell that Deus Ex Machina clay that heals all wounds?

He is a power hungry man more than a greedy man. Hence, why he uses the "loom of fate" for his own gains. He tries to convince Wesley to join his ideology to control the trajectory of history. Plus, there are other Fraternities around the world so if he did sell the clay he'd risk getting in trouble with the rest of them for selling a powerful weapon to the world which would catch their attentions more than a blood feud.

Subjective.

Now for the loom of faith answers.

The "loom of fate" thing makes no sense for hundreds of reasons. First of all, why would these people spend countless hours (Possibly days) dissecting a piece of cloth. Second, how does the tapestry know who is going to kill people? Third, how far does it's range go? I mean, it was probably not made in America as it was found thousands of years ago, does it just do it for everybody in the world? Fourth, if there were two people with the same name, what do they do, just kill both people?

The dissecting of a piece of cloth does not take hours nor days to do. Wesley does it in mere moments. The tapestry is magical. The tapestry is suppose to be perfect whenever it makes a flaw it is like a message from a force beyond man's comprehension that a person is going to commit mass murders. The range goes from continents which is the reason why there are more Fraternities around the world. No one has the exact completely full name. There may be thousands of Eddie Lee's or Emilio Quinteros but if you add middle names and 2nd last names they are all completely different. I have yet to meet someone with the exact completely full name.

I'll try to watch the video again later but I dislike reviews where all the reviewer does is complain about it. I mean no disrespect my doode but this is how I feel. (+)

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: That's actually a great analysis. Still hate the movie, but a good argument for why it could be considered good. I think you should talk to Kyle Northrup (The reviewer) maybe share these opinions with him and debate a little.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm gonna go with Mr. Anderson because he might just jump inside Gibson's body lol

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen Fight Club

You've never seen Fight Club and you name Wanted as one of your favourite films.

Hang on, I've got another name to add to my own personal depopulation list....

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: Well said YAO. Well said.

Thank you. I did find it funny reading your post that we share a similar username and we both enjoyed the film.

@yung_ancient_one: That's actually a great analysis. Still hate the movie, but a good argument for why it could be considered good. I think you should talk to Kyle Northrup (The reviewer) maybe share these opinions with him and debate a little.

I would if I could meet him in person or if we could do it online on a forum like ComicVine. I find his video hard to watch. I posted my opinions about it on one of his videos but it is a lot of topics I'd have to listen to then type and then type a response. I wouldn't mind a face to face though. Those are more fun.

Buttah doode its all good to hate a movie. I aint mad at cha my doode. I might dislike one of your favorite films its all good. I just wanted to express why those flaws in the film didn't ruin the film for me.

I think films always have flaws but some are more than others and some are more of a bother than others. Everything is subjective so its all good. I'm glad my post was able to help you see why someone would like the film even if you don't. (+)

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one said:

I haven't seen Fight Club

You've never seen Fight Club and you name Wanted as one of your favourite films.

Hang on, I've got another name to add to my own personal depopulation list....

I said Wanted ripped off Fight Club because a nerdy, weak spined office worker joins a secret organization based on violence, and the organization betrayed him.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Matrix stomps Wanted as a film comparison.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo wins because Wanted is one of the worst action movies ever made.

@thitiki said:

Thanks for acting mature, giving an intelligent defense and not crying like a fanboy. Oh wait, you did none of those things No, I'm butthurt by:

And many, many more reasons...

Have fun enjoying your terrible, insipid and painful action movie.

1) Every character in that movie is a complete asshole whether male or female, aside from Wesley's father, that point is complete, utter BS.

3) Just because the movie has bullet time does not mean that it is a rip off of the Matrix. You don't see Wesley bending backwards dodging bullets in any of the scenes, or "knowing kung fu." Just because his father is an enemy of the fraternity and Wesley is tricked into believing he's the bad guy doesn't somehow make it an Empire rip off. It's nothing like the plot to Fight Club where a man develops a second personality that takes over when he sleeps and participates in erratic behavior.

6) The movie is borderline fantasy and the ending pissed you off for being unrealistic...?

9) It's based on incredibly lame source material by Mark Millar, what else would you expect?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SilverPool
SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SilverPool

@justthatkid said:

@silverpool: Me sorry?

You need to go rewatch Matrix if you don't remember it. I'm not sure how one forgets.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sabracadabra

Neo.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: That movie isn't easy to find. Movie Rental stores are obsolete these days, they have all closed down. I can't find the film on Netflix nor on Redbox. What am I suppose to do? I'm not a huge movie buff.

I missed out on a lot of cult classics.

I haven't seen any of the Godfathers, any of the Ghostbusters, any one of the Star Wars original trilogy films, any of the Kill Bill, nor have I seen Pulp Fiction. I know I'm forgetting to mentions others but yeah everyone always tells me You haven't seen *insert name*, its a classic. (+)

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis said:

WHAT?

As I previously posted,
"That movie isn't easy to find. Movie Rental stores are obsolete these days, they have all closed down. I can't find the film on Netflix nor on Redbox. What am I suppose to do? I'm not a huge movie buff. I missed out on a lot of cult classics. I haven't seen any of the Godfathers, any of the Ghostbusters, any one of the Star Wars original trilogy films, any of the Kill Bill, nor have I seen Pulp Fiction. I know I'm forgetting to mentions others but yeah everyone always tells me You haven't seen *insert name*, its a classic. (+)"

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@dimitridkatsis said:

WHAT?

As I previously posted,
"That movie isn't easy to find. Movie Rental stores are obsolete these days, they have all closed down. I can't find the film on Netflix nor on Redbox. What am I suppose to do? I'm not a huge movie buff. I missed out on a lot of cult classics. I haven't seen any of the Godfathers, any of the Ghostbusters, any one of the Star Wars original trilogy films, any of the Kill Bill, nor have I seen Pulp Fiction. I know I'm forgetting to mentions others but yeah everyone always tells me You haven't seen *insert name*, its a classic. (+)"

You live in Hell.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@dimitridkatsis: Actually, California and as far as I hear it is one of the nicest states in the USA. We got the best weather conditions plus the other two W's of life.

Why would you say I live in Hell? (+)

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@dimitridkatsis: Actually, California and as far as I hear it is one of the nicest states in the USA. We got the best weather conditions plus the other two W's of life.

Why would you say I live in Hell? (+)

Heh yeah that's cool, not being able to get all those movies sucks a bit is all I'm saying.