User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

Wesker

No Caption Provided

VS

Neo (No 3rd movie feats)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Neo is limited to 1st and 2nd movie feats, and no flight.
  • Wesker has a Beretta 92F Custom "Samurai Edge" with 2 extra clips
  • Morals are in, in character
  • No wanking and no low-balling. If you really believe this isn't a good fight, say so, but support yourself with actual evidence, or don't post at all please.
  • Win by death or KO

No Caption Provided

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thelocust619
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@tparks: Neo jumps all up in dat

I think it would be close. Wesker is quite a bit quicker then Neo in short bursts.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There's no way Wesker is winning

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does Neo have going for him that Wesker doesn't?

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@thelocust619 said:

I think it would be close. Wesker is quite a bit quicker then Neo in short bursts.

Wow, really? I dont know much about Wesker, other than in Resident Evil DC. Is Wesker really fast enough to dodge bullets, and pace/outpace Neo? Also, the OP doesnt specify, but can Neo affect the physical environment?

seems like a cool fight.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@wardemon32 said:

Telekinesis

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickzambuto

@nerdork said:

@tparks said:

@thelocust619 said:

Wow, really? I dont know much about Wesker, other than in Resident Evil DC. Is Wesker really fast enough to dodge bullets, and pace/outpace Neo? Also, the OP doesnt specify, but can Neo affect the physical environment?

seems like a cool fight.

Loading Video...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tparks

@ancient_0f_days said:

@tparks said:

@wardemon32 said:

telekinesis

That is limited to only bullets fired directly at him while he stands there and watches before they even begin firing. He's never had bullets shot at him by someone who can catch him off-gaurd like Wesker. I'd take Wesker's healing factor over Neo's TK any day.

@nerdork said:

@tparks said:

@thelocust619 said:

seems like a cool fight.

Wesker's dodged around 50 bullets, if not more through out his cut-scenes from high tier marksman. It's probably his most standout ability. He's a better bullet timer then Neo has ever shown.

No Caption Provided

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nerdork

@tparks: Wow, that is some impressive footage. Gotta say this is a lot cloesr than i originally thought. Based on your response to ancient, Neo has a very limited use of his TK? How about Wesker's endurance? Does he tire? I havent seen Neo tire after the 1st movie, except in the 3rd film...and thats not in use here. Also, its not stated in the OP, but Neo has no weapons, correct?

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thitiki

Don't know about Neo haven't seen the movies.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Thanks for the video, bud. Some good showings. :)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@tparks: Wow, that is some impressive footage. Gotta say this is a lot cloesr than i originally thought. Based on your response to ancient, Neo has a very limited use of his TK? How about Wesker's endurance? Does he tire? I havent seen Neo tire, except in the 3rd film...and thats not in use here. Also, its not stated in the OP, but Neo has no weapons, correct?

I've never seen him tire in any of the cutscenes he's been in. @nickzambuto could probably give a better answer then me on this though.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nickzambuto

@tparks said:

@nerdork said:

@tparks: Wow, that is some impressive footage. Gotta say this is a lot cloesr than i originally thought. Based on your response to ancient, Neo has a very limited use of his TK? How about Wesker's endurance? Does he tire? I havent seen Neo tire, except in the 3rd film...and thats not in use here. Also, its not stated in the OP, but Neo has no weapons, correct?

I've never seen him tire in any of the cutscenes he's been in. @nickzambuto could probably give a better answer then me on this though.

In Umbrella Chronicles Wesker sprinted through miles of snow to reach a Russian Umbrella base and wasn't tired at all.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Hmm, okay, ill just take that at face value then. So, the only thing i am not seeing, however, are examples of his strength and durablity towards, at least, meta-human level opponents. Chris and Jill, while awesome, are no Agents. We saw Neo tank quite a few hits from above meta-human level opponents (Smith), and keep fighting. So, based on what information i do have (so, i may be incorrect), here's what i see...

Wesker is indeed more than a bit quicker than Neo. Based on feats. I mean, Wesker's bullet time is reactionary, after the bullet is fired, whereas (like you stated earlier) Neo is proactive in stopping the bullets prior to the bullet being fired. In this case...Reactionary >>> Proactive, in regards to speed level.

Neo outclasses Wesker in H2H. IMO, this is a no-brainer. This is not to say, that Wesker is a chump...not by a long shot. But, i just havent seen him fight the same calliber of enemies. Nor does Wesker have a plug in his head, to download every style of Kung Fu ever created.

Neo has better durablity feats. Just based on what i have seen

Neo has better Strength feats. Again, just based on what i have seen.

Both do not tire, at least, not easily...and not for a loooooong time.

So, the question is; Can Wesker win, simply by being faster? He does have his Hand cannon, so that is a factor. Also, this is in character, so Neo may not go all out right way. Though, he would soon. Wesker, on the other hand, will go for the kill immediately (just based on those couple videos). Since Neo's TK is nerfed a bit, and he doesnt have any weapons, i will say that this fight may be a stalemate.

5/10

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker is stronger, faster in short burst, and a superior healing factor. Neo is a better fighter though. Ummm this is hard based off stats wesker

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork:

I'm not disagreeing with you, because it looks like you really took the time to breakdown the feats and make a decision, which is rare these days. Kudos for that. Anyways, I just want to show you the few areas you haven't seen. :)

Loading Video...

Takes a pipe to the face and is not effected, then blocks it and it actually bends on his arm.

Chris and Jill, while awesome, are no Agents.

I actually would put them at an average Agent's level. They have the speed, strength, and durability to match an average Agent. At least Chris does. I think @nickzambuto can do a better job with these characters then I could, besides, I like pestering him for feats. lol.

But ya, I do agree this is a pretty even fight.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could go on for days about Chris, Jill, and Sheva feats. I'll just say that Chris's strength does seem considerably higher than most comic book peak humans, being capable of ripping B.O.W.s in half, effortlessly kicking down metal doors, and of course the boulder feat, and his speed is at least peak human, with a couple bullet timing feats and other great reactions. He's also completed more missions than any other BSAA agent and has taken on creatures that would make Keanu Reeves show emotion, so he's far from unskilled. Both Jill and Sheva have at least one bullet timing feat and incredible accuracy. Jill took down Nemesis on her own so nuff said there.

I don't really remember the Matrix though so I can't give a very elaborate debate.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neo flew through an agent and he disintegrated also neo's Tk is not limited to only bullets in the second movie he TK'd some swords off the wall into his hands and other things

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a really great fight. I think in character though wesker has a win. Maybe 5.5/10

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neo flew through an agent and he disintegrated also neo's Tk is not limited to only bullets in the second movie he TK'd some swords off the wall into his hands and other things

That's still pretty limited TK and doesn't really help him at all. Also, the flying through an Agent thing applied to Smith, because it was Smith which he was linked to. That would not work on any other character, especially one not even connected to the Matrix.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: That durability feat seems to be, at least somewhat, on par with tanking haymakers from Agent Smith, as those were able to crush concrete like it was tissue paper. Though, i would definitely say that Agent Smith can hit harder than Chris, even with a pipe. I do concede about Chris, as Chris does seem to be a very formidable fighter...like a lesser version of Captain America. Since Strength and Durability seem to go, mostly, hand in hand. I would postulate that Neo and Wesker are fairly on par in these departments. So, then the debate, in my mind, is narrowed down to rawspeed vs. raw talent.

Is being faster better than being more talented? Tough question; especially when the margin for speed and talent - between the two - is so close. Im still having internal deliberations...lol. So, for right now, it is still a stalemate IMO.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork: I could see them splitting too, because Neo hasn't fought anyone this fast before.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:
@flashgreatersigneveryone said:

That's still pretty limited TK and doesn't really help him at all. Also, the flying through an Agent thing applied to Smith, because it was Smith which he was linked to. That would not work on any other character, especially one not even connected to the Matrix.

Im not sure that is entirely accurate, as the two were not linked until after Neo erased him. It was that action that lead to Smith becoming Smiths. 2nd film forward, Smith and Neo were linked.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork: Wasn't the reason Smith did not die, because they were linked? Smith was his negative to Neo's positive. This was the action that led to Smith getting his powers, but it was because of the glitch (or whatever) Neo caused by killing his negative. The Matrix tried to balance itself by restoring Smith, but it caused all kinds of chaos because of it.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@nerdork: Wasn't the reason Smith did not die, because they were linked? Smith was his negative to Neo's positive. This was the action that led to Smith getting his powers, but it was because of the glitch (or whatever) Neo caused by killing his negative. The Matrix tried to balance itself by restoring Smith, but it caused all kinds of chaos because of it.

Well, that is definitely a possiblity. I suppose a lot of what happened in The Matrix, in regards to Smith, can be scrutinized either way. For me, i personally thought that the action of erasing Smith is what created the glitch, and thus the bond, in the first place. As, even though there were predecessors to Neo, an Agent had never been killed/deleted/erased/uninstalled....whatever the terminology. So, i took it as some kind of Technorganic reaction from both The Matrix, and the Agent program, in response to the deletion. Kind of like how a computer tries to compensate, when your anit-virus is out of date/expired. Bad analogy, i know, but you get it.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@nerdork: I could see them splitting too, because Neo hasn't fought anyone this fast before.

That is for sure. It would be really interesting to see a cannon comic book come get published, with this exact fight panelled out for us to see.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By those_eyes

@thitiki said:

Don't know about Neo haven't seen the movies.

No Caption Provided

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for super_trunks555
Super_Trunks555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@nerdork:

I'm not disagreeing with you, because it looks like you really took the time to breakdown the feats and make a decision, which is rare these days. Kudos for that. Anyways, I just want to show you the few areas you haven't seen. :)

Loading Video...

Takes a pipe to the face and is not effected, then blocks it and it actually bends on his arm.

Chris and Jill, while awesome, are no Agents.

I actually would put them at an average Agent's level. They have the speed, strength, and durability to match an average Agent. At least Chris does. I think @nickzambuto can do a better job with these characters then I could, besides, I like pestering him for feats. lol.

But ya, I do agree this is a pretty even fight.

50-1:08 is like how bad Neo would beat Wesker.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nerdork

@super_trunks555: I dont know. After researching Wesker a bit today, he's kind of a BA, and a walking plot device. I think it is a stalemate, ATM. But, i am going to rewatch Matrix Reloaded tonight, and see if it can change my mind.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I voted against Wesker, I always did enjoy the action sequences of Wesker kicking as$

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pikachumonster

Both are great, but Neo can stop bullets palm facing outward.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are great, but Neo can stop bullets palm facing outward.

Thats only when he knows someone is about to fire their weapon. I dont know if he has the reaction time to stop the bullets, once they are fired. We never got to see that kind of bullet stopping feat. Though, he does have enough reaction time to dodge the bullets, but the videos do show that Wesker has a better bullet time, than Neo does. Its close, but Wesker has the edge there.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pikachumonster

@nerdork: I'm just trying to make Neo sound cool there lol

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork: I'm just trying to make Neo sound cool there lol

But, he is cool. Im a Neo fan, moreso than a Wesker fan (by a huge margin). I just like to realistically think out these types of match-ups. Neo has the edge, IMO, in durability and fighting skill. Since his TK has been nerfed, cannot fly and has no weapons...i find this to be a stalemate. Give him back his full TK, he wins. Give him back his flight, he wins. Give him weapons...i dont know...Wesker has great bullet time. lol

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Floopay

Neo is going to stomp this, and pretty easily.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That was my first thought comming into this thread, but the OP nerfed Neo a lot. TK is relegated to stopping bullets, he's grounded and has no weapons.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That was my first thought comming into this thread, but the OP nerfed Neo a lot. TK is relegated to stopping bullets, he's grounded and has no weapons.

Wesker is what? 6 tons strength and about 60-70 m/s at top speed?

Neo was sending people through walls/statues with a casual strike, and is FAR more durable than Wesker, something I don't see being addressed here.

In the second Matrix movie he stopped a sword swung by a Superhuman (who cleaved through a stone statue and part of a wall with that same sword later) with his bare hand and it barely scratched him. I saw someone stab a combat knife dang through Wesker's forearm in a video (the one where he's in the airplane cargo section).

Odds are, Wesker can't even HURT Neo, assuming he does manage to TAG him.

So lets list Neo's advantages:

1. Possibly too durable for Wesker to harm. Or at least vastly superior in terms of durability.
  2. Vastly more skilled than Albert Wester (master of almost every martial arts style, weapon style, master marksman, etc.)

To top it off Neo can see a bullet flying, and easily dodge it. And that was BEFORE he came back to life. He's arguably as fast, if not faster than Wesker.

The same can be said in terms of strength.

The only DISADVANTAGE I see here is his lack of a healing factor. Which shouldn't matter because it's arguable if Wesker can even hurt him (assuming he does manage a hit or two).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Yeah, i agree with that. I just havent seen the films for such a long time. I had forgotten all about the fight scene where he blocks the sword, and only the tiniest amount of blood trickles off his hand. Though, based on the videos i have seen ( i know nearly nothing about Wesker, other than what i have seen today), Wesker is no slouch. But, we also havent seen him fight someone of Neo's calliber. His bullet time, in the videos, seems better than Neo's. I say this, only due to the fact that Neo just kind of fell over to doge the bullets, whereas Wesker would move 3-5 feet out of the way and close the gap with the enemy quickly. But that is a non-factor, because Neo has no weapons here. The only issue i see with Neo, is that he has a lot of implied skills that are never actually represented in the film...its more like, this ability implies that he has this other ability.

I really need to watch the first two films again. I am only now figuring out how much i have forgotten. lol

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nerdork said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Wesker is what? 6 tons strength and about 60-70 m/s at top speed?

Neo was sending people through walls/statues with a casual strike, and is FAR more durable than Wesker, something I don't see being addressed here.

In the second Matrix movie he stopped a sword swung by a Superhuman (who cleaved through a stone statue and part of a wall with that same sword later) with his bare hand and it barely scratched him. I saw someone stab a combat knife dang through Wesker's forearm in a video (the one where he's in the airplane cargo section).

Odds are, Wesker can't even HURT Neo, assuming he does manage to TAG him.

So lets list Neo's advantages:

1. Possibly too durable for Wesker to harm. Or at least vastly superior in terms of durability.
  2. Vastly more skilled than Albert Wester (master of almost every martial arts style, weapon style, master marksman, etc.)

To top it off Neo can see a bullet flying, and easily dodge it. And that was BEFORE he came back to life. He's arguably as fast, if not faster than Wesker.

The same can be said in terms of strength.

The only DISADVANTAGE I see here is his lack of a healing factor. Which shouldn't matter because it's arguable if Wesker can even hurt him (assuming he does manage a hit or two).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there buckaroo. Wesker is a helluva lot faster than 70 MPH, that's just absolutely ridiculous. He can run faster than humans are able to see, that's at least supersonic speed, and he can fight fast enough to handle two bullet timers simultaneously with ease.

Sending people through walls is a peak human feat. Wesker kicked Chris through a solid steel door and left a gigantic dent in it. Stopping a sword is decent, but you're lowballing with the knife thing. Wesker has tanked bullets, rocket launchers, and his forearm is harder than a lead pipe. If he can survive a plummet from the top of the Spencer Estate hundreds of feet into rocks, it's going to take a helluva lot more than wall busting strength to injure him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork: Actually, Neo watches the bullets come close to him before he stops them, this has been shown MULTIPLE times. And this is 100% consistent with his other feats actually. Neo has been shown to react while traveling at speeds of Mach 10+ (racing across the planet to wind up in New York or wherever). While that was FLIGHT speed, it does prove that his level of perceptions are high enough to easily see bullets while they travel.

The whole "disappearing" trick looks impressive, but at the end of the day he's traveling like 4-5 meters in about 0.15 or so seconds, which is MAYBE 60 m/s at best.

IMPLIED SKILL

I 100% disagree here. He demonstrated finesse with multiple weapons and multiple styles in his fight against the body guards in the second movie:

Loading Video...

And he was easily schooling the upgraded agents of the program. Who are, by definition, greater than the ones from the first Matrix movie.

Loading Video...

Lets not forget he was taking on DOZENS of Smiths. Considering Smith is a character who can smash through concrete, and is AS FAST if not FASTER than Albert Wesker, this alone puts him at or above Wesker's level. There's a point in this where he kicks a guy 3 stories up and a good 15-20 meters across, and it looked like it was nowhere near a full strength hit.

Loading Video...

Wait a Second. None of that matters. Agents are pushovers.

Bullsh!t. Agents are top of the line in terms of skill, strength, speed, and reflexes. Any one of which could give Albert Wesker a run for his money.

Reflexes

Neo has downloaded pretty much every marksman program available. This agent dodges so fast it looks like he's in five places at once, and he's EASILY reacting to every bullet.

Loading Video...

Strength/Durability/Skill

Agent Smith easily sends Morpheus flying through walls, and Morpheus can't even HURT Smith. Smith then easily stomps through Morpheus in this fight.

Loading Video...

Skill/Strength/Durability/Durability

Again, Morpheus is no pushover, and these things can stand as his equal. Even with a massive weapons advantage (Katana vs. H2H), this ONE Agent gives Morpheus a run for his money. Remember, Neo takes on three of these guys simultaneously in one of the previous videos, and more than a few other versions of agents in that other fight.

Loading Video...

Overall

Neo was reacting to attacks OMNI-DIRECTIONALLY, and with ease. His skill, by feats alone, dwarfs Wesker by no small margin. I would go so far as to say ALL of Neo's showings are nothing but proof of his skill level.

The opponents he faces can match or surpass any that Wesker fights, and since his return to life he's only been hurt ONCE as far as I can tell (even after getting punched through statues and walls), and that was a minor scratch on his index finger. Hit him through walls, through steel, hard enough to send him flying 100 meters, and he gets back up UNHARMED. Plain and simple, he's too strong, too durable, too skilled, and is almost as fast as Wesker.

Wesker doesn't have the stats, or the skill, to take this.

And just for fun, here's another fun showing of his skill level:

Loading Video...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there buckaroo. Wesker is a helluva lot faster than 70 MPH, that's just absolutely ridiculous. He can run faster than humans are able to see, that's at least supersonic speed, and he can fight fast enough to handle two bullet timers simultaneously with ease.

That's burst movements. It takes the human brain approximately 0.215 seconds to comprehend something. So if he moves and stops within that time frame, the human brain simply doesn't comprehend the transition. And I didn't say 70 MPH, I said 70 m/s, which is 160 MPH. That's MORE than fair.

He doesn't have to be Supersonic to react to bullet timers. By your definition Wolverine, Spider Man, Taskmaster, and Deadpool are all supersonic.

Sending people through walls is a peak human feat. Wesker kicked Chris through a solid steel door and left a gigantic dent in it. Stopping a sword is decent, but you're lowballing with the knife thing. Wesker has tanked bullets, rocket launchers, and his forearm is harder than a lead pipe. If he can survive a plummet from the top of the Spencer Estate hundreds of feet into rocks, it's going to take a helluva lot more than wall busting strength to injure him.

Sending people through dry wall might be peak human, but to send someone through a solid concrete wall with a casual punch is not. Plus he was sending guys flying 40+ meters with one shot with ease.

As far as falling goes, that's a common misconception among the people of comicvine. Once something hits terminal velocity, it CANNOT fall any faster. It doesn't matter if he plummets 200 feet, or 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 feet. Once he hits terminal velocity, he's not going to accelerate to any greater speeds.

I'm not lowballing anything. Show me something greater than moving 5 meters in 0.15 seconds and we'll talk about his speed, because that's so far his greatest speed feet (and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by rounding up to 5 meters).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@wardemon32 said:

Telekinesis

among other things.

Super sonic flight.

Super sense vision for seeing the numbers inside the matrix. The codes for everything.

Pretty much every known martial arts by download.

Lets not forget mild reality warping within limits as per his very power.

Yeah, Wesker is not winning here Tparks :)

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

@tparks said:

@wardemon32 said:

Telekinesis

among other things.

Super sonic flight.

Super sense vision for seeing the numbers inside the matrix. The codes for everything.

Pretty much every known martial arts by download.

Lets not forget mild reality warping within limits as per his very power.

Yeah, Wesker is not winning here Tparks :)

Flight is disabled here.