#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

Battle in the night of a Parking lot. Start 30 feet from each other. Random battle.

#2 Posted by jashro44 (19726 posts) - - Show Bio

Werewolf by night in a battle forum?!? Interesting. I am not an expert on werewolf by night but I will go with wolverine from what I know of werewolf by night.

#3 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yeah I was reading alot of my Hulk comics with WWbN. He has torn Grey hulk up, Savage Hulk up, and Proffessor Hulk (or Savage again... cant be sure now) up. He also ran afoul of some heavy hitters.

What I do know is he has the Speed, Healing, Claws, and Agility to match. His Advantage is Strength. He is a lot, lot stronger than Logan.

Logan on the other hand has Skill.

#4 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins

#5 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

Wolverine wins

this

#6 Posted by jashro44 (19726 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: I didn't know he fought the hulk? When was this?

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

First this is just funny lol.

Vs Grey Hulk.

Vs Savage Hulk

Vs Sabertooth.

so hes pretty cool.

#8 Edited by jashro44 (19726 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Very nice all though I still think wolverine wins. All though do you know if that sabretooth fight came out before or after sabretooth had established powers?

#9 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@CadenceV2: Very nice all though I still think wolverine wins. All though do you know if that sabretooth fight came out before or after sabretooth had established powers?

Yeah i know that but sabertooth was still kicking wolverines but at that time too ;)

I miss one where WbN fought classic Ghost Rider too.

Anyway he is pretty sweet and it was thru a Werewolf by Night Comic that Moon Knight was first introduce... little fun fact.

#10 Edited by jashro44 (19726 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Nice! I have to admit I underestimated were wolf by night (I still think wolverine can take him but he is tougher than I thought).

#11 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I now like to get his Comics from Marvel. This is how I go broke. Between School books and my Comic binges. Uuuug. My wife is going to kill me.

#12 Posted by jashro44 (19726 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: LOL yea I get what you mean.

#13 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Werewolf is tough no doubt, but I don't see him living secapitation

#14 Posted by Jean199999 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

The werewolf is a good hunter. It has strength, speed, agility and enhanced scent, it will put up a good fight, but Wolverine is taking this on the count of healing factor and overall durability.

#15 Posted by dondave (34547 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#16 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine fairly easily.

#17 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Thats a Bold Claim. Why easy?

#18 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Unbreakable skeleton and claws that can cut through anything. Those are the main reason why.

#19 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Yet he has Problems with guys with guns like the Hood who shot him up and slam him around into near KO.

Just saying.... WbN in no way be easy with his amazing strength, agility, healing, durability, and claws. It like fighting a beefed up but less skilled Sabertooth who always gave Wolverine a god fight.

#20 Posted by ComicKID777 (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Werewolf by night has had great showings against some heavy hitters. logan idk what to think sometimes cause his ability to take damge an his healing factor an damge his claws can dish out very so much sometimes not consistent half the time. ima take werewolf by night. CONSISTENT feats compared to logan.

#21 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Werewolf by night is max a one tonner and that is only under a full moon. I have yet to see anything from him to say that he has superb regeneration capabilities. His durability is useless versus a guy who has claws that can cut through anything. Jack only has agility and strength going for him, two attributes that really won't help versus Wolverine in this scenario. If we are going by feats, then I would say Wolverine is faster, since Jack really lacks feats showing he is faster. However, the Marvel charts label Jack's speed a 3, above Wolverine's 2. The scans you posted are impressive feats for Jack, but really doesn't mean much since Wolverine pretty has done all the same things, he even fought werewolves before. So he won't be all that surprised. Also the context of the Iron Man scan and Sabretooth scan were not given. Iron Man was already extremely weakened from fighting Marauder, when Jack did that. The battle ended with Jack saving Iron Man from being shot by Marauder, but KOed himself in the process, with Iron Man having to bring him back to the Avenger's Mansion. Not to mention those scans are pretty old, I mean they both had trouble an issue later with Tri-Animan, an android with the strength of a gorilla, the speed and agility of a cheetah and the raw savagery of an alligator. The scan with Sabretooth is pre-Graydon Creed, before he got his first strength upgrade in Death hunt. The scans with Hulk are not bad, but he ended up with draw in the first round, and lost the second. Him dodging around the Hulk and cutting him is impressive, but really, who hasn't dodged the Hulk or cut him before? Wolverine could do it with his bone claws, as can many other characters who shouldn't be able to.

Truthfully though, it comes down to feats. Jack doesn't have that many to go by that, his few impressive feats doesn't constitute much when Wolverine has feats matching and exceeding his.

#22 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: http://marvel.com/universe/Werewolf_By_Night Marvel.com official rates him in the 5 Category of Strength and Durabilty. Thats 20+ tons and Durability of Healing Factor.

So take the official stats for what they're worth. As I shown WbN can tank Grey Hulk easy and match Zarathos coming in control Classic Ghost Rider.

Hes bad.

#23 Posted by jashro44 (19726 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: http://marvel.com/universe/Werewolf_By_Night Marvel.com official rates him in the 5 Category of Strength and Durabilty. Thats 20+ tons and Durability of Healing Factor.

So take the official stats for what they're worth. As I shown WbN can tank Grey Hulk easy and match Zarathos coming in control Classic Ghost Rider.

Hes bad.

Not to be this guy but marvel universe.com is a wiki.

#24 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yes the Info is a wiki but the Stat bar has a Fan Vote and Official stat from Marvel. The the Stat bar should be official.

#25 Posted by jashro44 (19726 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Wow, I guess its not official anymore like it once was. They just stop caring apparently.

#27 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: well my stats come from the 2004 handbook. Do they have a footnote as to where they got the stats from?

#28 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: What does your book stats say hes at? Does it mention a Healing Factor?

#29 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine takes is Adamantium knives and tears that Wolf apart with ease.

#30 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

intelligence: 2

Strength: 4

Speed: 3

Durability: 4

Energy Projection: 1

Fighting Skills: 4

They mention he has a healing factor at least 10x as strong as a human's.

#31 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Wow... that shattered alot of my dreams.

#32 Edited by Shawnbaby (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

Never take the Stat sheets at face value...I've seen them vary greatly for the same character from one year to the next. I don't think it's ever really been reliable.

If anyone is curious.....here's the details on what those numbers on the power grid actually stand for. Even if it were accurate...it's a terrible gauging system.

Just look at Strength 4 for example - Superhuman: Able to lift over 800 lbs., up to 25 tons. This range includes "enhanced human" (800 lbs to 2 tons), Class 10 (2 tons to 10 tons) and Class 25 (10 tons to 25 tons).

With a range between 800 lbs and 25 tons...how helpful is that?

INTELLIGENCE

The ability to think and process information

1 = Slow / Impaired

2 = Normal

3 = Learned

4 = Gifted

5 = Genius

6 = Super-Genius

7 = Omniscient

STRENGTH

The maximum ability to lift (press) weight over one's head (under optimal conditions)

1 = Weak: cannot lift own body weight.

2 = Normal: able to lift over own body weight, up to twice own body weight.

3 = Peak human: able to lift over twice own body weight, up to 800 lbs.

4 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 800 lbs., up to 25 tons. This range includes "enhanced human" (800 lbs to 2 tons), Class 10 (2 tons to 10 tons) and Class 25 (10 tons to 25 tons).

5 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 25 tons, up to 75 tons. This range includes Class 50 (up to 50 tons) and Class 75 (up to 75 tons).

6 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 75 tons, up to 100 tons.

7 = Incalculable: Able to lift in excess of 100 tons.

SPEED

The ability to move over land by running or flight

1 = Below normal

2 = Normal

3 = Subsonic Superhuman: peak velocity below Mach-1 (approximately 760 miles per hour)

4 = Speed of sound: peak velocity between Mach-1 to Mach-2

5 = Supersonic: peak velocity between Mach-2 to Orbital Velocity approximately 17,000 mph)

6 = Speed of light: peak velocity up to 186,000 miles per second

7 = Warp speed: transcending light speed or a teleporter(instantaneous travel)

DURABILITY

The ability to resist or recover from bodily injury

1 = Weak

2 = Normal

3 = Enhanced

4 = Regenerative

5 = Bulletproof

6 = Superhuman

7 = Virtually indestructible

ENERGY PROJECTION

The ability to discharge energy

1 = None

2 = Ability to discharge energy on contact

3 = Short range, short duration, single energy type

4 = Medium range, medium duration, single energy type

5 = Long range, long duration, single energy type

6 = Able to discharge multiple forms of energy

7 = Virtually unlimited command of all forms of energy

FIGHTING ABILITY

Proficiency (skill) in combat

1 = Poor

2 = Normal

3 = Some training

4 = Experienced fighter

5 = Master of a single form of combat

6 = Master of several forms of combat

7 = Master of virtually all conventional forms of combat

#33 Posted by thefusescape (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviusly wolverine. As impressive as this guy's feats are. Wolverine has a healing factor much better than the werewolf and his adamantium claws can throw out more damage than that guy can take.